Adorable Treasured Fox: Divin...

By FRIES1andCHIPS0

She is a descendant of an Ancient Chinese Aristocratic family. Having just transmigrated into a young lady's... More

Chapter 526-530
Chapter 531-540
Chapter 541-550
Chapter 551-560
Chapter 561-570
Chapter 571-580
Chapter 581-590
Chapter 591-600
Chapter 601-610
Chapter 611-620
Chapter 621-630
Chapter 631-640
Chapter 641-650
Chapter 651-660
Chapter 661-670
Chapter 671-680
Chapter 681-690
Chapter 691-700
Chapter 701-710
Chapter 711-720
Chapter 721-730
Chapter 731-740
Chapter 741-750
Chapter 751-760
Chapter 761-770
Chapter 771-780
Chapter 781-790
Chapter 791-800
Chapter 801-810
Chapter 811-820
Chapter 821-830
Chapter 831-840
Chapter 841-850
Chapter 851-860
Chapter 861-870
Chapter 871-880
Chapter 881-890
Chapter 891-900
Chapter 901-910
Chapter 911-920
Chapter 921-930
Chapter 941-950
Chapter 951-960
Chapter 961-970
Chapter 971-980
Chapter 981-990
Chapter 991-1000
Chapter 1001-1010
Chapter 1011-1020
Chapter 1021 - 1030
Chapter 1031 -1040
Chapter 1041 - 1060
Chapter 1061 - 1080
Chapter 1081 - Chapter 1100
Chapter 1101 - 1120
Chapter 1121 - 1140
Chapter 1141 - 1160
Chapter 1161 - 1180
Chapter 1181 - 1200
Chapter 1201 - Chapter 1220
Chapter 1221 - 1240
Chapter 1241 - 1260
Chapter 1261 - 1280
Chapter 1281 - 1300
Chapter 1301 - 1320

Chapter 931-940

572 17 0
By FRIES1andCHIPS0

Chapter 931 "Fox Clan? (2)"

Aching in the heart over this picture, Bai Yan hurries to bring her son into a comforting hug: "Mother here will promise you: once I find your uncle I will immediately come back to wait for you, okay?"

"Really?" the little steambun's eye lit up with expectations.

"Of course! If you don't believe me then we can pinky swear on it."

"Mother, I'm not a three-year-old child anymore, such tricks are only meant to deceive little babies."

Now that's just embarrassing for this doting mother. It's like the boy says, he's no longer three, he's coming up to seven this year.

"However..." Bai Xiachen's face breaks out into a lovely and innocent smile, "I will believe anything Mother says. Once you find Uncle then you must come to the Demon Realm and wait for me. I don't want the first person I see to be Baddie Father when I come out of the secret domain."

Now that's just wrong. Di Cang's beautiful instantly goes dark at that comment. This brat, does he detest me that much? I'm his old man and deserves respect!

But instead of breaking out into a chuckle like she normally would over the sly words of her boy, Bai Yan instead hugs the boy even tighter until Bai Xiachen was almost unable to breath. Fortunately this filial and sensible child knew what the gesture meant and allowed it to continue despite the discomfort. Neither of them felt happy about the separation and this was their of communicating their emotions.

"Son," it was Bai Yan who eventually broke the silence by loosening the hug, "remember to be careful while training inside the secret domain. Safety comes first no matter what, understand?"

"I know," in order to emphasize his point, the boy makes a sweet little peck on the woman's face before breaking out into a huge giggling laugh. "I will definitely be well and safe, because... only by being safe and well can I protect Mother from harm."

Her heart ached at this. The boy's ability to please her and say sensible things are just too good. No matter how she tries to tell herself this was for the best inwardly, Bai Yan knows, she's going to miss him desperately during this period. In the end, it's her own powerlessness that's the cause....

Clenching her fist, a stubborn and firm aura exudes out of that face. Whether it be the Celestial Realm or Spirit Realm, I will not let any of you off for this!

Suddenly, from out of the blue before she could react, Di Cang's hand had swung her around and pressed his lips firmly down on hers. It's somewhat cold and shocking to the mouth, but that quickly changed into a comforting battle of the tongue.

Releasing his prey, "Yan Yan, don't miss me too much, I'll come to you soon."

Initially Bai Yan was still a tad flustered from the forceful kiss on herself, but the remark instantly destroyed any lovely mood she felt from the act. Dark in the face, she's got to hand it to this man and his delusions. When did I say I was going to miss him....?

Oblivious to his own lack of status in this family, Di Cang gives one final yearning look to his wife before turning away for the outside with the boy in toe. It wasn't just the husband here who didn't want to leave either, the kid as well while being led away. Bai Xaichen would turn around to look backwards after every three steps like he's going to run back at any moment.

This saddening departure continued until their figures were completely out of sight and the interjection of a familiar childish voice. "Queen, where is His Majesty and Highness going?"

Swinging her head around, Bai Yan could see it was Dragony, the very girl she intended to find after she calms her aching heart. However, it appears that objective was no longer necessary.

"They have other things to do. Dragony, during this period it will be just you and I, okay?"

"Okay~!" the dollish young lass answers loudly without hesitation. Giving a tug at the sleeve, "Queen, His Majesty is so terrifying. When he is around, I would always be too scared to approach you..."

Bai Yan couldn't help but prick her brow at this sudden comment, Is Di Cang really that scary? How come I never found it so? Like when they first met. At most he would only act all threatening and tough in front of my presence, never did he do anything truly harmful....

Chapter 932 "Fox Clan? (3)"

"There's no need to be afraid Dragony, he only like to scare people, he won't actually hurt you." Bai Yan then caresses the girl's head as a comforting gesture.

All happy in her eyes, the little missy forms of smile now and loses that worrisome face: "Queen, I like you, so.... even if the king is scary, I won't leave you."

Within the Demon Realm, there doesn't seem to be anyone who's not afraid of him so her worries are within expectation. But of course, the main reason wasn't because the demon king did something cruel, rather its his aura being too dominant and powerful to his subjects. The fear just comes out of their hearts without any coercion.

"Let's go then Dragony," holding the lass's hand, Bai Yan leads the way to only get a surprised question from behind.

"But Queen, don't we have to tell the others first?"

"No need, I don't like the teary separation scenes that will inevitably come of the meeting. What's more, I've already left them a letter so they'll know once they see it." Though she says that, Bai Yan did make a reluctant look in the general direction of the main courtyard. Its obvious her words were only half true as she continued to walk.

"Dragony, I've been meaning to tell you this but you shouldn't call me Queen from now on while were in the outside world."

"Huh?" The missy asks with a bit of confusion, "then how should I call you Queen?"

"You..." she muses for a moment, "you and Xiachen are the same so call me Mother. Since the day I adopted you, I have already thought of you as my daughter." Though its unintentional, her comment had caused the little missy to clench those dainty hands tightly. "What's the matter?"

"My former mother was very bad to me," pursing her lip, Dragony's view was all blurred up due to those brewing tears in her eye. "Because my soul opened up late, she would always call me the 'Little Fool'. It's you, Queen, who didn't abandon me and flaunt me around as a laughing stock. I'm so grateful for being adopted...."

Back then she didn't know better so the sort of grievance and sadness experienced by normal people didn't apply to herself, but now it's different and she understands it all, including the sort of miserable maltreatment by her former family.

"Queen... can I really, can I really call you Mother? Am I also going to be a child with a mother in the future? I'm actually really good. I'm not lying so...."

Bai Yan felt pained by the girl's defensive words. Sure, she herself also faced discrimination in the Bai House by her so called 'father' and 'stepmother', but that's only for a short period of time in this world. Dragony on the other hand faced such harsh conditions for years since her birth despite the hindered mindset!

"Dragony, you just need to know that I truly look to you as my flesh and blood. Just like Xiachen, you two are my children and that will never change." Crouching down to be at eye level, she tries to sooth the little missy with her own gentle smile, "And from now on you don't need to be so low on self-esteem either, no one is going to ever hurt you while I am around."

"Mmm~" showing a beautiful smile in return, Dragony looks genuinely happy at the promise. "I'm so happy. From now on I won't have to be envious of those children I see playing with their parents on the street anymore."

"Come, it's getting late so we should go now." Picking up her adopted daughter, Bai Yan wanted to use this gesture to emphasize their connection and there's no lies in her words. Together, this pair headed for the outside with a newfound sense of joy in the air.

......

On the intersection making up the border of the Demon realm and Celestial Realm, this stretch of land has now become a place of war. Although it's not scorched with blood like some battlefields back in the old days of Earth, this was still very intense for the sort of clashes that occurs between the two sides.

Chapter 933 "Fox Clan? (4)"

Currently inside a restaurant located at the border city between both realms, there's a young female and her precious young daughter enjoying a fine meal together on one of the tables here. Normally their presence would surely catch the attention of the customers inside this establishment due to their looks, but the recent events around this region were too interesting for the others to care about some random stranger.

The older female was naturally gorgeous of course. Wearing a rosy red dress, she was the epitome of a thorny flower that's beautiful yet untouchable for the mundane. Meanwhile on the opposite side of the table sat a young lass who had a contour just as fine. Though the girl lacked the allure of a full-grown adult, those eyes were deliciously appealing enough for those with a nasty taste for the young.

"Since the seal shattered around the Demon Realm, those blasted beasts have run amok around here and those from the core of the Celestial Realm won't do a damn thing. Now this border city is close to being overrun by those demons."

"Che~ It's because our side is so weak that we were forced to stay in this border city. If those big wigs back in the Celestial Realm cared anything about us then they would permit our entry into the human world instead. Now not only are we forced to confront those demons here without help, we can't even flee to the weaker realms. At this rate I wouldn't even be surprised if the entire Celestial Realm is conquered by those demons."

Even if the strength of these rabbles here are considered insignificant by the truly strong, but once transferred to the human world it's still a considerable force to be reckoned with.

"Dragony, we're leaving." Bai Yan says this after she's done with her eavesdropping.

Though confused in the eyes, the young dragoness nevertheless followed from behind like a clever girl that she was. Only after they're out of sight did she bring forth her inner doubt: "But Mother, where are we going now?"

"Just now those people mentioned the demons here have formed a recognizable force in this border city. If we go seek their help then we might just be able to find your uncle. Even if not, it will at least increase the pace of our search."

"But is Uncle really in this place?" Biting her nail, the lass asks innocently without a care in the world.

"I don't know, but according to the pieces of information I got from my sources, he shouldn't be too far from this place..." Forcing an uncertain smile, Bai Yan knew she was going at this with thin ropes. "Regardless, we will still need to try our luck since we don't know where he is. Who knows, we might just get lucky and score one from the start. Oh right Dragony, since you're also a demon, are you able to tell which part of this city has the strongest demon scent?"

If demons gather then they are bound to produce a recognizable scent in the air. By going to the area with the strongest, she would then be able to find some help.

"I can," complying with a heavy nod of her head, the young dragoness then began to sniff the air until her nose points to the general direction in the east. "Mother, there are a lot of demons over there, and they're foxes...."

Foxes?

Bai Yan's eye lit up: "If it's the foxes then even better. Dragony, we're leaving."

......

To the east of the border city, there stood an old manor adorned with a gold plaque at its entrance. This read the word 'fox' to indicate the sort of individuals living in this estate.

At this moment, there's a string of musical melodies coming out from within, and following this sound was the graceful dancing of a woman inside. Her movements were beautiful, matching that with the hypnotic eyes of a fox, she's an unforgettable specimen of what a female should embody if they are out to attract the opposite sex.

Chapter 934 "Fox Clan? (5)"

"Miss, your dance is getting more and more beautiful, even our noblest king will certainly me mesmerized by your beauty." One of the maids nearby compliments after coming back to their senses due to the amazing show.

Scratching the other side's nose with a genuine smile, the lady felt good at being praised: "What are you saying you silly. Don't forget, it was my older sister's foolish dream of wanting to become the queen that we were forced to leave the Demon Realm and come here. Do you think His Majesty would be so easily captivated?"

"Miss, you are wrong on that. Unlike First Miss, you are superior in both looks and charms, there's no way the king wouldn't fancy you. I bet in this whole city, there's not a single man who wouldn't fall for your beauty."

Although this flattering remark was exaggerated to a certain level, it did have a very high effect on the fox lady. Why did she abandon her cultivation to specialize in dancing and seductive charming? Of course its to allow her family and herself to return from their exile and the demon palace.

Unfortunately, she and her father did not believe in the same way of doing things. Her old man has accepted their fate of being exiled to this gutter of a wasteland due to the varying degree of constant warring and wanted to take this border city as their base of power, believing the hard work done here would eventually earn the king's forgiveness and allow for their return. The goal was the same for the pair, but the means to that goal differed between father and daughter.

"You, this mouth of yours is really getting sweeter and sweeter. It's unfortunate that the king already has a queen according to what I've heard. This road I've chosen will be a long and hard one."

"Miss," it's then a voice from the rear interrupts their conversation. Coming over, the individual looking like one of the guards here arches his fist and speaks: "There are two people outside currently wishing to see the housemaster, but he's...."

"See my father?" the lady became surprised by the idea. Raising a brow, "Who are they?"

"A human and a demon," the guard answers respectfully.

Making a mused look as if contemplating her options: "My father is currently in closed-door training so no one is to disturb him until he's out. I'm his daughter, so if there's anything of importance then I will see to it. Bring those two to me and I'll meet them."

"Yes, milady." Getting the order, the guard promptly went away for the front door where the two should still be waiting.

......

Outside of the estate at the front gate, Bai Yan was quietly waiting with Dragony for the home's host to show themselves when a group led by a lady in pink came out to greet them. From first glance, she could see why some would call the fox demons a race of seduction and allure. This lady had a very beautiful contour, but the most outstanding feature were those eyes – they spoke of femininity without words needed.

While there's no problem for one to want an outgoing appearance and dress code, Dragony on the other hand didn't feel the same and found the fox lady rather dislikable.

"I believe I said I wanted to see the fox clan's chief." Bai Yan says after seeing who had come out.

"I'm his daughter Hu Mei. You can speak to me if you have something to say." Hu Mei frowns after being dismissed as the one in charge and also showed a hint of hostility in the voice.

Being dismissed despite coming out to greet some unknown stranger would of course irk anyone; however, Hu Mei had another reason for disliking Bai Yan and that was their looks. This fox demoness had always believed her own beauty to be unmatched aside from the princess and king being on par. Yet now there's a strange human woman coming to her home and had a contour far superior to her own. As the old saying goes, one mountain cannot hold two tigers.

"My mother is the queen of the Demon Realm," breaking free from Bai Yan's grasp, Dragony hurries forward to make a stand. "We are looking for the fox clan's chief."

Chapter 935 "Fox Clan? (6)"

Queen?

Hu Mei's gaze shoots out a frosty beam as she snickered with contempt: "You got some nerve. How dare you pretend to be the Demon Realm's queen! Do you know what sort of crime it is to impersonate Her Highness?"

"My mother is the queen!"

"Ho~" the fox lady responds equally as sarcastic to that outcry. "I've only heard of the queen having a son, never did I hear she had a daughter. If you are going to impersonate someone then at least do your homework and get a boy instead of an unruly lass."

Seeing how upset her daughter was becoming, Bai Yan hurries to step in before the little dragoness loses it. Pulling that small figure back to her side, she then flipped over her hand to show a jade pendant engraved with the word 'demon' on it. "Can this thing prove my identity then? Now go have the fox chief come see me!"

Hu Mei became startled by the rudeness and looks down, her eyes appearing suspicious and doubtful: "What is this thing? I've never seen it before in my life. Don't think just because you have a weird looking jade pendant that you can go around impersonating the queen. Lady, even if you love our king, you still shouldn't use such means." She then goes ahead and makes an exasperated sigh like the woman across from her was another one of those wishful females whom have dreams of attaining a post far beyond their own standing.

Bai Yan's expression right now could only be described as having black lines running through her face. Back then when Di Cang gave her this identification token, the man specifically said it could prove her identity to any demon out there. But as anyone could see, it's obviously not working.

Unbeknownst to this poor queen though, this 'fox clan' here in the border city was only a branch of the other one in the Demon Realm at this point. Since they've been expelled and exiled here to some far-off land, their ability to communicate with the rest of the demon world has become limited. Therefore, it's not all that surprising they wouldn't recognize the custom-made token she got from Di Cang. The biggest issue in the end was the lack of information in this world.

"I have never seen a shameless wench before," a maid from one side scoffs derisively, "if you want to be the king's consort then use your own ability to reach that goal. What good is there in impersonating the queen before us?"

Another maid joins in as well, "That's right, our king is not a blind person without taste. A woman like you would never get in his eye so I doubt His Majesty would even give you an extra glance...."

Utterly outraged by the snarky comments coming their way, poor Dragony eyes began to glow red: "I'll kill you all if you keep talking nonsense! My mother is the queen, it is you all who doesn't know anything and can't recognize the identification token!"

"You..." the maid who spoke last wanted to fire back a rebuttal again when Hu Mei steps in with a raised hand to stop the act.

"What are you arguing with a kid for?" Getting all smug herself as well, Hu Mei turns her gaze directly towards Bai Yan's when speaking: "Our fox clan is a gracious household and we do not argue with the whimsical and hopelessly wishful types. If you two got nothing more to say then I suggest you leave, my father will not meet you lady."

That sly comment was the last straw for the poor dragoness. Practically trembling due to the inner rage wanting to come out, the lass stares dagger at the fox lady like she's seeing a dead person.

"You stinking girl..." As servants, there's no way some of the maids wouldn't notice the hostile look coming at their lady. For one of the more outspoken and clever ones, mainly the woman compliment Hu Mei of her dancing earlier, she had come forward to point her accusing finger at Dragony. Sadly, that was a huge mistake because that finger was a huge flailing target ready to be bitten.

"AHHHHH~~!!!!!!" The outspoken maid screams in terrific pain as the razer sharp teeth grinds against her finger, "Stinking girl, let go right now, let go of my finger!"

There's no Dragony would let go though. Instead, she bit harder until blood has started to seep out of the maid's finger. This causes the second maid to run forward in haste to stop this. However, before she could slap Dragony to get her to stop, Bai Yan had intervened. Next thing they all knew was the brittle sound of bone breaking from the wrist by the fellow maid....

Chapter 936 "Di Cang's Letter (1)"

"If you continue to want to touch her with your dirty hands then you can forget about keeping them."

Bang!

Giving a shove, Bai Yan's maneuver sends the injured maid stumbling backwards until she's on the floor with tears of pains flowing down those cheek.

"Miss, this woman is too arrogant, I..."

"Enough!" Hu Mei orders with an expressionless face, "I said it before, there is no need to argue with a child, or are you bold enough to go against my words?"

The maid immediately shudders at the thought of what that meant. Hanging her head low, the injured servant didn't dare to speak.

Don't assume just because the fox lady's usually kind on the surface, but only these maids who have followed the demoness from young would know her true nature. If angered, the one to be the most ruthless would have to be Hu Mei and not the fox chief in this household....

"Lady, it's my maid who offended, can I ask your daughter to release her jaws first?" Shooting a warning glare at her own people, Hu Mei then returns her attention to Bai Yan with a rather calm expression, "They only said those things out of kindness, after all, impersonating the queen is not a small crime if discovered."

Scoffing a brief chuckle of her own, Bai Yan was so done with this place. "Fine, if the fox clan here have no intention of seeing to us then we will not linger. Dragony, we're leaving...."

"Oh?" Loosening that mouth, the little dragoness didn't forget to shoot one final stare at the victim before turning away with her mother.

Once the two were out of view, the frightened maid on the floor finally climbed back up from the floor. "Miss, those people are too arrogant, so I...." despite the timidness in that voice, she asks nevertheless to quell her own doubt.

"I know, you don't need to say more." Hu Mei narrows her eyes in with a dangerous glint in those irises, "That woman is only a human, nothing to fear. However, that child beside her is a member of the dragons. I heard the new dragon chief is a highly protective man. If he learns of us harming one of his clan members then it would surely create a conflict between both groups. That's something I would like to avoid for the time being." The lady then turns for the inner estate after giving her reasoning, "Come, we're going back inside. Also, keep this matter from my father, I don't want him learning of this matter."

"Yes, milady." The servants and maids all complied with a bow of their head, but those eyes all had a disapproving light in them for leaving this matter alone. In their minds, the strange woman dares to impersonate the queen so its just a matter of time before she's discovered and sentenced to death by those in the palace.

Then from out of the blue as soon as Hu Mei managed to make it back to her own courtyard for rest, a huge explosive sound rocked the air. Looking up in surprise, she could tell its coming from the back. "My Papa has completed his closed-door training. Come, we're going to see him."

......

On the back of the small mountain here, a bearded man wearing a long green robe had just walked out of the cave when he was taken aback by the red fox running over from the front.

"House chief, there's a letter from the palace!" the fox presents the letter like it's a precious treasure.

A letter from the palace?

Hu Bud Wei felt his heart pounding with excitement after the thought. Trembling in his hand, he almost fell into tears after holding the precious envelope.

How many years? How many years has it been since the palace placed me in the blacklist?

Chapter 937 "Di Cang's Letter (2)"

'Addressed to Hu Bud Wei, chief of the fox clan.'

These five words were a bag of mixed feelings for the fox chief because he didn't understand who would still write to him from the palace. Ever since his eldest daughter tried to seduce the king, everyone from back home has kept a steady distance from his family and wouldn't communicate with them out of fear of being exiled as well.

However, those emotions were quickly tuckered away as soon as he glanced over the content of this letter. The one writing was the king, that's the name of the sender! In the entire race of demons, only one individual would call themselves the King!

"Am... am I hallucinating?"

Rubbing his eyes to get a better view, Hu Bud Wei crimples his forehead to focus in on the letters until his eyeballs were mostly bulging outward.

"His Majesty wrote to me? He wrote to me!" Downright sobbing in joy, the fox chief couldn't hold back those tears.

He won't lie to himself – his eldest daughter did commit a crime worthy of death a century ago. Drugging the king so he would sleep with her? That sort of idiotic scheme would've been killed in its infancy if the fox chief himself knew what the girl had in mind. But regretting won't change a damn thing at this point in life so he's not going to dwell on his daughter's death. What he would do though was to grab onto this rare chance and achieve a great merit. Only by doing so would his family here be allowed to return to the Demon Realm!

"According to my informants, your queen, my wife, has now gone to the border. If she is to request assistance in any way, the fox clan led by Hu Bud Wei must offer aid in all possible manner! In addition to the first edict, none is allowed to disturb her unless sought out. If there are any violators, they are henceforth banished from the Demon Realm in its entirety and never permitted to return. On the other hand, if Hu Bud Wei, head of the fox clan, can appease my wife and earn her mercy, the currently banished branch of the fox clan at the border shall be graced with amnesty and allowed to return from their exile!"

In short and blunt words, if she is satisfied then I as the king am satisfied, if she's not then you are screwed.

Gripping the letter heavily with all the energy he could muster in those shaking fingers, Hu Bud Wei got all red in the face from the hope presented before himself. Yes!!! The king is finally giving me a chance. All my patience and loyalty wasn't for nothing! My family can finally return to the fox clan and take its helm again!

"You there, make sure my second daughter doesn't find out about this letter. Do you understand what I mean?" The fox chief hurries to give this warning after remembering something important.

As the old saying goes, only a father would know their daughters best. The oldest had already pushed their family into this horrible state due to her whimsical wish of marrying the king, now he mustn't allow his second daughter throw away her life for that dream as well. They both love the king and he knew that; therefore, he must crush that hope to avoid a repeat of the last. What's more, he's afraid the girl might try to harm the queen if news reaches Hu Mei's ear, that's not something beyond his daughter's ability!

"Yes milord," the red fox complies with a nod of the head.

Perhaps the news from Di Cang had made the fox chief's mood exceptionally high because he was humming the entire way down the mountain. Unfortunately, his jolly attitude quickly came to a stumbling halt when an excited cry from the front forced him to a standstill.

"Father!"

Looking over, Hu Bud Wei could see it was his youngest daughter Hu Mei. In that instant, he didn't show any joy, only a tense look with black lines running through his face. Without a second thought, the fox chief hides the letter in his hand before turning to face his own girl.

Chapter 938"Di Cang's Letter (3)"

"Mei'er, did anything happen while father here was away?" Hu Bud Wei's question didn't get a direct answer, instead it causes the servants and maids that came with the fox lady to lower their hands in avoidance.

Hu Mei didn't miss the faces coming off of her people from behind. Slightly annoyed and slightly appeased at their willingness to follow her orders, she bits her lip and hurried to speak: "Father, nothing special occurred during your time away, only a woman coming around to make trouble for our house. But don't worry, your daughter I have already dealt with her and make that person leave."

"How come? Our family shouldn't have offended anyone of late."

"Oh, don't fret over it Father, it's probably just because we are the fox clan and that woman wants to get close to the king through us. I easily saw through her plot and ended it on the spot."

That greatly relieved Hu Bud Wei: "That's good then, don't let such woman near the king, especially when His Majesty has taken a queen now. Our family can't afford to offend Her Highness, otherwise we will be left with no place to go!"

"Father, how can the queen be that narrow minded?" Hu Mei asks with a raised eyebrow.

Even though many of the denizens of the Demon Realm only took one wife in their lifetime, including countless chiefs of the various racial groups, but it's their king here. If a single woman gets to monopolize such a incredible male then its too much of a loss in this fox lady's opinion.

"Mei'er, the matters in the palace is not something we can judge or dictate. In any case, don't speak ill of the queen less the words reach that one's ear, it will only end with the suffering of our family. Also, they say the queen is peerless in her beauty so you need to stop thinking about the king."

"Father!" Hu Mei's eyes beamed a resilient light of unacceptance, "Those people are only exaggerating the queen's contour because they want to flatter the woman. In terms of charming allure, who can match up to us foxes?"

The fox chief didn't agree with the idea and frowned: "Mei'er, no matter what the queen is still the king's woman."

"I know, that's why I won't be as stupid as my older sister." Making waves with her incredible smile, "I will only have His Majesty fall in love with me naturally, I won't do anything foolish like trying to force the matter. If he doesn't take action then of course I won't do anything. I disdain forced emotion!"

There's good reason for Hu Mei's confidence. The fox race has an inherent ability to seduce and charm the other sex, making them the perfect play toys for men.

"So Father, you don't have to worry about me, your daughter I knows what is good for our family and what is not to do. If the king really doesn't have me in his eye then I will give up on my own."

"But..." Hu Bud Wei still had a frown on his face due to the unease he felt, "I heard the king isn't allowing any woman who has thoughts for him near the palace."

"Now that's where you are wrong Father, no men will reject a woman's love for them. As long as I don't make any move without his consent then its fine. What, am I not allowed to even have the right to love?"

Yes, as long as I express myself and not use dirty means then the king won't treat me like my older sister.

After a moment of musing over that logic, Hu Bud Wei ends up snapping anyways: "No! You are not allowed to do anything remotely risky. I've already got word from the king. Now the fox clan only needs to complete a mission for His Majesty to return to the Demon Realm, I won't let you ruin this rare opportunity just because of your feelings." Having said that, the fox chief then whisked his sleeve to begin turning away, but before giving one final warning look at his own daughter. "Mei'er, I don't care what happens in the future, but you better keep that emotion in check during this period!"

Chapter 939: "Di Cang's Letter (4)"

Alone by themselves again after the fox chief had left, one of the maids carefully raised a suggestion: "Miss, the housemaster's words aren't unreasonable...."

Hu Mei didn't get mad at this, in fact, she smirked instead at those words. "Father is too timid for his own good. Since I have made my decision then I'm not going to sway in my determination!" Breaking out into an abrupt laugh, her voice was truly a marvel to listen to. "What's more, who doesn't want to be a person of superior stature? My fate will be controlled by me, by my own hands!"

The other maids didn't dare to object to her proclamation, only hanging their heads in silence. Only a fool would raise their voice now in these sorts of situations.

"You are all underestimating yourselves without knowing the foe first. Our lady is so excellent, I'm sure she is many times better than that whatever queen." The maid who likes to flatter and suck up to her mistress decides to speak up in support, causing the rest of her peers to share looks of uncertainty around the group. "What's more Miss, you only need to perform a dance before the king to win his fancy, I'm sure of it. When that happens, what else can that queen do even if she's jealous? It's a settled matter by then."

Feeling better, Hu Mei's expression eventually loosens up from her forced laugh: "I knew you are the most sensible one among my maids Hu Qi. As for you Hu Shu, you don't have to follow me anymore. I don't need such a timid maid to serve under me." Brushing past the girl that's now abandoned, the fox lady disappears from view in a flash.

......

Walking along the streets of this border city, Bai Yan and Dragony was currently casually strolling around the various stalls when the unhappy little lass finally spoke up.

"Mother, are we just going to let things slide with the fox clan? His Highness said it before, we must return the favor if anyone dares to pick on us. If Mother is afraid of pain then I can do it instead."

Chuckling at the steaming face of her adopted daughter, Bai Yan found it rather amusing how quickly she has copied the behaviors from her own boy. "Don't worry about what happened before Dragony, it's only a few squabbling words, no need to waste time and effort on them. What's more, I've already left a little punishment on those maids who tried to hurt you, so.... the main priority is still to look for your uncle."

As for those members of the fox clan, it's not like they can run from me!

"Also, you should stop calling Xiachen 'His Highness', call him Brother. He's always wanted a little sister so the change will be to his wish." She then went ahead to pinch the girl's cheek in a doting manner, which immediately causes the receiver burst out giggling with joy as well.

"As long as I can stay by Mother's side then I will listen to anything." Unlike the dull and clueless nature from when they first met, Dragony's tone and wording has definitely grown by leaps and bounds. It's befitting the image of a young lass who's still new to the world.

This precious moment of bonding would've continued to nightfall if nothing happens; however, the ruckus and familiar voice up ahead soon caught the eyes and ears of the two ladies. The little dragoness was rather indifferent to this, only finding the commotion interesting for herself, but Bai Yan on the other hand could immediately recognizes the owner of that new voice.

"It's him! What is he doing here?" Ever since they separated ways back then, Bai Yan has had no news from the person or his whereabouts.

Making a somewhat excited face now, she quickly pushes aside the gathered crowd to make it to the forefront. Sure enough, reflected into her eyes was the youngster and his pink little piggy, just like in her memories back at the Medicine Sect....

Chapter 940: "Battle (1)"

"Yan Yan!" The young teen rushes over with pure excitement after noticing who has come. Practically shining in his appearance, he's like an elf from those old legends, handsome and pure.

"Yan Yan, where did you go after you left that day? I and Piggy searched for a long time and couldn't find you anywhere. Did you forget about us?"

In support of his owner, the pink little piggy also oinks a few times to show his displeasure.

Thinking back to the time they shared together, Piggy could only say his recent days with his owner has been miserable. Forget about having a good time, his meals were reduced to meager porridge due to their lack of funding, totally different from the feasts he enjoyed while under Bai Yan's care. What's more, his owner Mo Li Shang wouldn't stop reprimanding him about cannibalism when he begs for some roast pig during a meal.

Oink Oink, Master is clearly making excuses, how can those hogs be my own kind? No way, which part of them look like me?

"But how did you two end up here of all places?" Bai Yan asks the teen and pig with a look of perplexity.

It's not like she's forgotten about these two she met at the Medicine Sect, rather she had to leave with Di Cang for the Demon Realm that she decided to let her grandfather at the Medicine Sect take care of them. She was sure the boy would eventually regain his memories after a while so it's somewhat strange that he's not going home and ends up in this border city instead.

"It was Piggy who brought me here," Mo Li Shang explains with noticeable glee in his voice, "he noticed the scent of his own kind here, that's we're searching for his clan. Anyways, what are you doing here Yan Yan?"

"Oh, I came to find my brother."

"If that's the case then let me accompany you in your search. As long as you don't leave me behind again then I'm fine with anything." Scratching the back of his head with a shy smile, the teen eventually noticed the little dragoness hiding behind Bai Yan's leg. Showing an incredulous face: "Yan Yan, who is she? Is she your daughter-in-law?"

Making a troubled face with black lines running through her face, Bai Yan could already imagine what her son would do if he heard this comment – it's pretty much a certainty the little steambun would break out crying.

"This is Dragony, my goddaughter. As to whether or not she will become my daughter-in-law in the future, that's entirely dependent on the children themselves. I don't intend to force my wishes on them."

There's no question about how fond she was of this girl. Cute, beautiful, and sensible, these were just a couple of the merits that could be used to describe Dragony's good points.

"Oink Oink." Suddenly jumping into the dragoness's arms, Piggy rudely but carefully began to sniff the poor girl's scent. He's not doing anything perverted or mean, rather the little winged piggy was surprised to find there to be a very nice scent that made him want to get close to her.

Unfortunately, the sudden and abrupt contact had completely scared the daylights out of Dragony. Dropping the pink little guy down onto the floor without a second thought, she hurries to scuttle backwards like a frightened cat.

This also irked Bai Yan somewhat. Showing a black face, she immediately picks up Piggy and tosses him back to Mo Li Shang's hand. "You pet scared my daughter."

"Oink Oink." But the negative reception didn't matter to Piggy. Instead, the little guy began to struggle hard to break free from the teen's hand because he wanted to go sniff Dragony's scent some more. This had the direct effect of scaring the poor girl to the point where she hid behind Bai Yan's leg for protection.

"Mother, I hate pigs." Poking her head out while making this comment, the lass's cheeks were puffed up in displeasure like a balloon.

Though her words were said with a hint of spite to begin with, Dragony never intended to produce maximum damage. Not only did Piggy's heart shatter into a million pieces after hearing that, the poor little guy immediately broke out into a tearful sob and ran away, leaving only a dust of cloud in his wake.....

"Piggy!" Mo Li Shang wanted to chase his friend; however, his worries were for not because those people that were in dispute with them from the start had stopped the little fella from leaving.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

435K 18.1K 123
SYPNOSIS Reading Purifying Love made Rachelle D'magiba feel very insulted. The ending that the author had written didn't go well with her expectation...
78.7K 6.8K 45
What if Arnav gets a chance to rectify all his mistakes? What if he gets a chance to avoid such situations? What if he gets to know Khushi is his wou...
2.7M 128K 49
when a rich spoiled bad boy Jeon Jung-hoon gets into an encounter with a Muslim girl and they become enemies so he bully her humiliates her and insul...
546K 17.6K 158
Genre: Space, Doting, Farming, Time travel, Healing Synopsis: Xu Linyue from the 21st century crossing over with the heavenly space soul penetration...