Autophobia

By AMAC45

Autophobia is defined as the specific phobia of isolation; a morbid fear of being egotistical, or a dread of... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51

41

2.2K 101 4
By AMAC45

Jordyn's POV

"Who's house is this?" I ask as me and Toby stand outside some house.

The girls won their tournament and they're done until they have a training camp in January then they'll have SheBelieves in March.

Kelley also got over her flu symptoms, but it took her the rest of the tournament to do so so her and I stayed in our rooms the whole of camp which was semi-boring.

"This is one of our family member's home." Toby says.

Today Toby and I are going to a family thing in New Jersey.

At least that's what she told me.

I didn't know I had any other family besides Toby.

"Oh."

"My baby." Some lady says and hugs Toby.

"Hi Mom." Toby says.

"Hi Jordyn. How are you dear?" The same lady says and hugs me.

"Hi. I'm good how are you?" I say.

"I'm doing great now that you two are here. Everyone else is inside and dinner will be ready in a few minutes."

Toby nods then takes my hand and leads me into the house.

"Have I been here before?" I whisper.

"Yes." Toby says.

"Oh." I say as we get to a living room.

"Oh my baby. I've missed you." A middle aged woman says then hugs me.

"Hi sweetie. How've you been?" A middle aged man says then kisses my head.

I look at Toby and furrow my eyebrows.

"Excuse us." Toby says then takes me to some room. "Whats wrong?"

"Who are those people?" I ask.

"You mean you don't remember them?"

"Should I?"

Toby takes me back to the room with a lot of people.

"Look at them closely." She says so I stare at the two people.

"I don't know who they are." I say then start to get emotional for some reason.

"Hey it's okay." Toby says then hugs me. "Um we need to speak to the adults in private."

"Kids go play in the back yard." An older woman says and all the little ones run out the house.

"I can try the thing." I whisper to Toby.

Toby nods then goes over to the two people and talks quietly with them then comes back over.

"Okay. Go ahead."

I walk over to the two and put one hand in front of the woman's face and one in front of the dudes face. When they give me the okay I close my eyes and feel around their faces.

After a minute of doing this I open my eyes and look at Toby and shake my head then I run over to her.

"Shh it's okay." She says then sits down and pulls me down next to her.

Toby then motions for the others to sit down and everybody does. 

"Tobin what's going on?" Someone asks.

"When was the last time everyone has seen Jordyn?" Toby asks.

"3 years probably." The woman who hugged me says.

"Okay. I have to explain to you what happened during that time, but I need everyone to stay quiet and asks questions at the end okay?"

"Tobin you're scaring me."

"Okay 3 or 4 years ago Jordyn met a girl who, in the beginning, was very nice and a great girlfriend, but after about a year she became physically and emotionally abusive. One night she beat Jordyn so bad that Jordyn forgot a lot of things. One of the only things she remembered was me so she called me and I along with some of my friends nursed her back to health. Her girlfriend came back and took her away from us while we were sleeping...Because of everything that has happened, until Jordyn can trust you, she is selectively mute. Right now she trusts me, Christen, some of my Portland teammates, my national team teammates, and Jordyn's new girlfriend Kelley O'Hara. Kelley is an amazing woman and is perfect for Jordyn and I promise she will never intentionally hurt Jordyn...now the thing she just did to your faces is how she try to remembers people...and I'm sorry to say, but Mike and Dana she doesn't remember you two."

"Wh-what?" The man says.

"I'm so sorry." Toby says.

"Oh my baby." The woman who hugged me says then starts crying.

"Toby?" I say and look at her.

"Jordyn those two people..." Toby says and points at the woman who hugged me and the man who kissed my head. "...They are your parents."

"Th-that doesn't make sense." I say.

"What do you mean?"

I pull out my phone and get on YouTube and search for an old video. Once I find it I skip to the place I need it to be then press play and the video sound fills the room.

"A year ago my parents were murdered in their sleep..."

"Jordyn your parents are alive and sitting right over there." Toby says.

"Toby?" I say.

"Yes?"

"Did she lie to me?"

"Yes Jordyn."

"Oh...I-I-Is this my house?"

"This is the house you grew up in yes."

"Oh." I say.

I look at the two people who hugged me when I came in the house then I lean into Toby.

"Are those my parents?" I whisper.

"Yes." Toby says.

"Oh." I say.

"We can leave if this is too much." Toby says.

"No it's okay." I say. "I'd like to explore the house a bit though......See if any memories come back."

"Okay." Toby says as she grabs my hand then she looks at the people in the room. "Jordyn and I are gonna look around the house. Call us when dinner's ready."

Someone nods then Toby and I stand up before she leads me around the house.

"When was this?" I question as we pass a photo.

"That was a trip both of our families took when I was 16 to Florida for summer break." Toby says. "You would've been 12."

"I wish I could remember shit." I mumble.

"It's okay." Toby says and kisses my head. "Why don't I show you your bedroom."

I nod so Toby leads me up some stairs then she leads me to some room.

"Here's your bedroom." Toby says when we walk into a bedroom. "You and I had many a sleepovers here when we were kids."

"I don't know who any of these people are." I mumble as I look at one of the photo's on the wall.

"Those would be your teammates from your high school lacrosse team." Toby says. "They were a bunch of bitches that rode your coattails to four state championships."

"We won State?" I question.

"Mhmm." Toby says as she stands behind me and wraps her arms around me.

"How can I remember winning two national championships, but not four state championships?" I question.

"No clue."

"I really wish I could punch that dumb bitch." I mumble.

"You know one good thing came out of all this though." Toby says as she rests her chin on my shoulder..

"What's that?"

"You met Kelley."

"Yeah." I say as I smile at the mention of my girlfriend. "You know she has an engagement ring already."

"What?" Toby asks. "How do you know that?"

"She told me when she was hopped up on flu medicine."

"And are you happy about this?" Toby asks.

"Mhmm." I say. "I can't wait to be Mrs. Jordyn O'Hara."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 136 41
Autophobia Noun A fear of one's self Copyright @Niallspopsicle ©
4.6K 486 40
Book ONE of Out Of... series •~•~• To be scared of something is to not want to be near it, or see it...or feel it. To fear something is the same th...
31.8K 1.2K 17
PHOBIA is a type of anxiety disorder, usually defined as a persistent fear of an object or situation the affected person will go to great lengths to...
415 35 22
When I thought that I had stopped living, you made me laugh. When I thought I had stopped living, you taught me how to love. You taught me how to l...