Remnant's Black Dragon (Acnol...

By Spector45

The Black Dragon of the Apocalypse finds himself stuck on the Grimm invested world of Remnant. Does he contin... More

For you to Know
Chapter 1: New World
Chapter 2: Bandages and Bullies
Chapter 3: The Magic Combatant
Chapter 5: Closer
Chapter 6: One Problem to the Next
Chapter 7: My Story
Chapter 8: The Threat
Chapter 9: Care to Dance?
Chapter 10: The Title of Monster
Chapter 11: Feelings
Chapter 12: Welcome to Beacon
Chapter 13: The Fall Maiden
Chapter 14: The Dragon King
Chapter 15: After
Chapter 16: Menagerie
Chapter 17: Sienna Khan
Chapter 18: A Lesson On Power
Chapter 19: Playing Catch Up

Chapter 4: New Teacher, Old Teaching

7K 105 73
By Spector45

It had been full week and Acnologia had completely recovered and was back to full strength. After his first full day in Glynda's combat class last friday, he was given a room in the teachers section of the dorm rooms. He was directly across from her own room. Though he did not become an actual teacher until today, he still spent the majority of his time inside Glynda's class room getting to know each of the classes and which combat category they were being taught, or he was in the library learning about the world he found himself in.

Before he, wouldn't have even considered being in a place like this, led alone teaching, but something about his recent loss to the son of Igneel made him question something. The fire dragon slayer defeated him because he had friends and family helping him. People he held dear and wanted to protect. It was that push, that need which allowed Natsu Dragneel to defeat him. If Acnologia could gain strength by protecting something and gaining some kind of.....connection here, it would be worth the try. If it didn't work the dragon slayer could just move on and find something else. Teaching also brought Anna joy, perhaps it could do the same to him.

But for now the dragon slayer was making his way to Glynda's, and now his, class room. His first day would be an interesting from nine A.M. to four P.M. While normally he would help with classes ranging from basic tournament style combat to unarmed combat, all of which he was a master of due to his years of experience, but today would not be like that.

He arrived to find the class room empty with the exception of Glynda who was arranging something on her tablet. Today may have been his first day, but it wouldn't be spent in the class room. Today was a first year field trip back to the forest he found himself in upon his arrival in Remnant, the Forever Fall forest.

Glynda looked up from her tablet,"Acnologia, good to see your here early." The dragon slayer stepped inside the class room,"I was to understand that, as a teacher, I am required to be here early. It seems as though I was not early enough." Glynda put her tablet on her desk before looking at her watch,"We don't leave for another few hours, your plenty early." The dragon slayer shook his head,"I am to assist you. You are here, I was not. So I am late."

Glynda looked at him in suprise, not quite expecting that. Over the past few days Acnologia realized that he had lost his drive upon leaving Earthland. No dragons to slay, no dragon slayers to hunt. This job gave hin a purpose again, and he wanted to fill it.

The dragon slayer looked up at the display to see himself dodging a various series of attacks from team CFVY. He recalled seeing Glynda being worried for them afterwards.

"You and this team seem....close. I hope your alright with them getting a little hurt." Glynda shook her head,"They can handle themselves, but yes we are....close. Coco is quite endearing, you will either like her or hate her."

"What of the faunus? Velvet was it?" Acnologia asked her, keen to see how she sees faunus kind. Despite all the time he spent in the class with her, he rarely engaged in conversations prefering to watch and listen to the others to get a sense of what he had gotten himself into. As a result he knew little of Glynda, except for the fact that she was strict on her students something that he could respect. While he was now some what social, he still preffered solitude over company or at least he prefered very few people in his company when he was not inside a class room.

"She is....shy, but she is a fine student. Though I do feel sorry for her because of what people like Cardin tend to put her and her kind through." Glynda said,"Why do you ask?"

Acnologia looked at her,"Only curious of what you thought of our kind." Glynda looked at him quizzically,"Your kind?" The dragon slayer moved his arm from under is cloak showing his scaled draconian markings, which shined under the sunlight from a nearby window. He then gestured to the markings on his face before slipping his hand back into his cloak. Glynda's eyes were wide, Ozpin had never revealed that to her and Acnologia rarely engaged in conversations that were about himself with her. "I was unaware that you were-"

"A faunus? I was never asked, so I never spoke of it. Is that a problem?" Glynda shook her head,"Not at all, though I would discourage telling team CRDL. They have a reputation of harrasing faunus." Acnologia walked towards her before stopping right in front of her,"I believe that is a reason I should disclose my nature. Give them a reason another reason to be kind around other faunus kind."

"Are you referring to your incident with them in the caffeteria?" Glynda asked him. Acnologia gave no answer. His confrontation with the leader of team CRDL over his bullying of Velvet had been spread quickly through the school. It gave Acnologia a reputation as a very scary and very terrifying person. His occasional spars with the various teams of Beacon had solidified as a man that should not be angered or even annoyed. "That could have been handled better."

"Perhaps, but it was dealt with in a way that ensured that no future hostility would occur." Acnologia told her. She rolled her eyes,"Violence will not solve everything." Acnologia turned towards her and walked up to, almost uncomfortably close. "We teach violence, to fight is to be violent to some extent. I am a dragon slayer, born in violence and forged by combat. I know nothing else. I did what I know, and that was to use violence to end violence."

Glynda looked at him with a look of both pity and slight sadness at his words. "I am sorry for that, but you are a teacher now. We may teach combat, but only as a way of protecting the peace that we have. It is our job to teach people to be peaceful, not violent." Acnologia titled his head at her. "I see. Peace.......I have not been peaceful since the days before I fought dragons, the days I traveled the world and before that, my time as a healer."

"You said that you were a doctor before you were a fighter. How did that come about? A healer becoming a dragon killer?" Glynda asked him. Acnologia looked at her thinking only of Anna and before he could say anything, team CFVY came through the doors.

"Another time then." She told him before approaching the team and begining a conversation with them. He took the few moments of silence to contemplate what he would tell her, if he would tell her anything at all.

"Hey teach, its your first day right? And on feild trip to, man your lucky." Fox told him. Acnologia looked at him but gave no response. "But then again, your going with the first years so that'll be interesting."

Coco hit Fox on the head,"Leave the new professor alone Fox." Acnologia looked at the team,"I don't mind, you remind me of someone I knew."

The group before him exchanged looks before Fox looked at him,"Was he as good looking as me?" Coco slapped herself on the head at his reply. The dragon slayer looked at Fox,"Another of my kind, a man named Natsu Dragneel. The only man to have defeated me in combat."

Fox made a victory cheer before doing a little dance. Acnologia raised an eyebrow at the blind fighter,"He was something of a impulsive brat when he wasn't fighting." Fox suddenly stopped before he turned to Acnologia very quickly,"WHY DO YOU HAVE TO GO AND SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT AFTER THAT AWESOME COMPLIMENT?!" Coco was laughing at Acnologia's statement while her teammates tried their best not to smile and Glynda was holding a hand over her face.

"I did not say you fought like him." The dragon slayer told the young boy as he was raged at. The school bell rung which caused everyone but Acnologia and Fox to look up. "Alright Fox, lets get to class, Doctor Oobleck won't wait for anyone." Coco grabbed Fox's shirt and pulled him away from Acnologia and out of the door along with her teammates. "No wait! Let me at 'em!" Fox screamed at him while being dragged away. Velvet waved as she shut the door behind them.

Glynda looked at Acnologia, her mouth doing its best not to morph into a smile. "Why did you have to antagonize him?" Acnologia looked at her with his usual cold gaze,"Did you not find it amusing?" Glynda tilted her head down, her glasses sliding to the bridge of her nose. "I didn't say that, only curious as to why you told him that."

"I believed it would be funny. I was correct." Acnologia said as he walked up to Glynda's desk. He picked up the tablet she was fooling with earlier. "What were you doing with this lacrima?"

Glynda pushed her glasses back up before holding her hand out for the tablet,"Its a tablet scroll, and I was arranging for the necessary materials to be placed on the bullhead before we depart for the Forever Fall Forest." Acnologia handed it to her,"Scroll?"

"I nearly forgot, wait a moment." Glynda went around to the back of her desk and opened one of the drawers. She pulled out a small, white rectangular object. She handed it to Acnologia,"Ozpin's gift for your first day as a teacher."

Acnologia twisted the scroll before bringing it up to his face, sniffing it. He twisted back before opening his mouth and trying to take a bite out of it.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait! Its not to eat." She sighed before holding out her hand,"Give it here." Acnologia handed it back to her. "Its a communication device called a scroll. We use it to communicate over long distances and to coordinate basic fights with Grimm. I mentioned something about it when you fought team RWBY a week ago."

Acnologia tilted his head and looked down at the scroll in her hand as she turned it on and went through its different functions. "Here, open your hand." The mage did as she told him and she placed the scroll in his palm before pushing down his thumb to a small circle on the device.

The screen of the scroll light up and started to fill up a blue bar that went across the screen. When it filled up the word "Synced" crossed the screen and an image of Acnologia appeared next to a full green bar similar to what appeared on one of the over head displays in the arena when he fought one of Beacons various screens. "There, now your aura....er magic level is synced with the scroll." She told him before the two looked up from the device and realized that they were basically holding hands while staring at each others faces. Glynda's face blushed and she pulled away quickly while Acnologia took a step back, not expecting that to happen.

"Uh, thank you. I'll have to thank Ozpin for his gift." Acnologia said placing the scroll inside his pants pockets. "Of course, it was no p-problem."

Awkward silence ensued. Acnologia turned away from Glynda and walked to one of the windows lining the wall. He stared of it, looking over a massive forest that reminded him of one of the many isolated places he staid at in Earthland. Thinking on those solitary places helped him fade the similarities from Anna and Glynda.

"W-we should get everything else ready for the trip." Glynda told him, picking up her own scroll from her desk. The dragon slayer, however, did not move. His eyes remained locked on the forest as some old memories played out.

"Acnologia? Acnologia, are you alright?" Glynda's questioning voice pulled him from his musings. "I'm fine, just......it was nothing. You said we should get things ready, lead the way."

"Al-right. We have to go to the port, the place where you landed the first day you arrived here." She told him, curious of what he was hiding. She gathered her things before the two started their small venture to the landing port.

It was a quiet trip, Glynda was still embarrassed from the earlier incident while Acnologia simply thought over some of his past. Specifically how his current status as a teacher conflicted with what he used to be, the great destroyer."

Once they arrived time passed quickly and soon they were on their way to their destination with the first year students all on the flying machine. Acnologia stood in the front of the bullhead, leaning against the bullhead wall doing his best not to puke. Glynda walked to his side for a moment,"Not a fan of flying?"

"I'm not a fan of anything that moves mechanically." He said as he nearly upchucked onto the floor. Glynda chuckled,"It won't be much longer now." She told him and patted him on the back before walking away.

"Its long enough.....oh god....uhg."

The bullhead landed and everyone offloaded. Acnologia followed everyone out wobbly coming to his senses while he led up the rear of the group. They walked deep into the woods, Glynda giving them strict orders to stay with their group and gather the sap from the trees. "-And be very careful, these woods are littered with Grimm."

Acnologia walked to Glynda's side as she watched over the students. She had taken an seat on a nearby rock,"I forgot how slow this kind of field trip would be. It will be a few hours before everyones gathered enough sap." The mage looked around at the various students, none of them any where close to being done with their first jar of sap. "I can see that." he told her. Acnologia sat down on a tree next to her and let out a deep breath.

"Are you alright?" Glynda asked the dragon slayer. "I'm fine." He told her, not even looking up. His mind was encumbered by memories of his excursions with Anna. Before his complete obsession with the extinction of dragon kind, they often went out and passed the time in forest's like this one. "You can tell me, if you want." Acnologia tilted his head and looked at her with one eye,"I'll pass." Glynda shrugged before turning her gaze back on the students.

They sat in silence for a while longer. "So, how are you liking your first day?" Acnologia looked at the teacher he was assisting,"Its....dull. I seriously hope that other days are not this boring." Glynda laughed at him,"Field Trips like this are generally boring for us teachers, but not all days are like this." Acnologia grunted in annoyance. He turned away and took a deep breath in, not intending to smell the air but doing it anyway. He got a whiff of the sap from the trees, it was incredibly sweet. He also got another whiff of something else. Something similar to Beowulf or an Ursa, only there were several creatures emitting the strange scent in one place. He took another deep sniff, locking in on the origin of the smell as well as another familiar smell.

Acnologia stood up from his log seat and continued to sniff the air,"Acnologia what are you doing?" He turned his head back to Glynda,"I smell Grimm, insect like....Rapier Wasps most likely. A nest of them." Glynda's eyes widen and she went to get up but the dragon slayer stopped her," Don't worry, I'll handle it. Besides, a certain someone is holding onto these Grimm." The mage walked off, leaving Glynda slightly concerned about what he was going to do.

The dragon slayer walked past some of the students, his sense of smell guiding him to a higher forest platform which was to steep to see over. It was also the place where both the scents were coming from. Acnologia turned back around, keeping his ear pointed at the place the scents were coming from.

"-See, these two have rubbed me the wrong way. So your going to help me pick who I want to....take my anger out on. The new teacher, or your read headed partner. Who's gonna get a box full of stingers?"

Acnologia frowned in anger as his ears picked up the leader of team CRDL threatening someone to do his own dirty work. After a few moments his ears picked up another voice, the leader of team JNPR screaming "NO!" before his sensitive hearing picked up the sound of glass shattering.

Cardin started to make angry noises and Acnologia immediately jumped into action. Within a few short seconds he had made it up the small but steep cliff side and behind Cardin without anyone seeing him, giving the appearance that he just appeared out of thin air. He reached out and grabbed the with-drawn fist of Cardin, who was standing over Jaune. Acnologia's nose was filled with the smell of the tree sap and his gaze made it to Cardin's still dented chest plate which had a splatter of the sap on it. The dragon slayer yanked the young boy around while his teammates immediately fell backwards, scampering away from the backside of the mage. Cardin's face melted into fear as he grabbed his other hands wrist and tried to pull away from Acnologia.

"I warned you, Cardin. I warned you about flaunting your 'strength' over others, but you did not listen." Acnologia let go of Cardin's wrist letting him fall to the ground. Before Acnologia could do anything, a low growl came from the forest. A Ursa came stomping out of the forest, sniffing the air before locking eyes on the sap on Cardin's chest.

The Ursa reared on his hind legs, roaring in hunger, before stomping down on the ground and charging at Cardin. The young bully started to scamper backwards, not able to get off the ground out of fear. The massive Grimm lumed over him and Cardin covered his face to protect himself, but no pain ever came. He moved his arms to find Acnologia standing in front of him with his arm between the teeth of the Ursa. "Wha-What?"

Acnologia looked back at Jaune and Cardin, only able to turn enough to see them with one eye. "Go! This beast is mine!" The two didn't have to think twice as they both scrambled to their feet and ran down to the other students. "Now monster, the slaughter begins!"

Acnologia's arm glowed light blue before the Ursa let open its mouth in pain. The dragon slayer moved his arm back then right up towards the sky. An explosion sent the Ursa flying back into a tree, Acnologia's hand glowed with blue energy as he made a quick dash across the small open field and took the Grimms arm off its body. Tossing the arm aside the dragon slayer planted his elbow into the back of the hulking Grimm, breaking part of its spine and earning him a roar of pain from the Ursa. It leaned forward and roared again in anger at Acnologia,"Whats wrong monster? I only made our standings fair." The dragon slayer gestured to his own missing arm.

The Grimm tried to hit Acnologia with his remaining arm, but the mage jumped backwards flipping over the Ursa. "Foolish creature, your end is here." Acnologia twisted his fist into a claw like gesture as it started to glow light blue with magic,"Chaos Fang!" He threw his arm out and from his hand a light blue beam streaked through the air wildly taking the form of a thin electric like dragon with four long fangs, until it came in contact with the Ursa. The beam seared through the creature, burning and scalding the creature inside and out killing it easily.

The creature fell, its already lifeless eyes paling even further as it began to evaporate. Acnologia walked near the disappearing creature,"Worthless creature, not even satisfying to kill."

The dragon slayer turned, his cloak flapping in the wind as he made his way back to the rest of the first year group. He slid down the steep incline, where several students were looking at him in awe. The mage came to a stop as he looked at the faces of teams RWBY, JNPR, and CRDL. "Jaune, Cardin....A word?" Acnologia walked pasted them and away from the group.

Jaune and Cardin looked at each other before gulping and following Acnologia. He stood waiting for the two in front of a large tree. They walked up to the newest teacher of Beacon and stood, silently lest they be foolish enough to make Acnologia angry.

"Winchester, what were you planning on doing with a nest of Rapier Wasps?" Acnologia asked him. Cardin "I-I-"

"Don't answer that, it was rhetorical. Planning to loose a nest of Grimm on either a teacher or student is not something that any authority at Beacon would take lightly and Jaune....forging documents to get into Beacon isn't something we would take lightly either."

Both boy's eyes widen,"Y-you know?"

"I'm a dragon, remember? All of my sense are heightened far beyond your pitiful human senses. That includes hearing. So....what do you two have to say?" Cardin and Jaune started to stutter incoherently. "Quiet!"

The two silenced themselves immediately,"Both of your actions would be cause for dismissal....had Miss Goodwitch caught you." Jaune and Cardin's eyes widen again. "I am not her, nor am I one to bother with poultry short comings like yours. However, I will not allow your needless bullying and your lack luster capabilities as a Huntsman to hinder anyone else. Cardin, you will straighten out and be nicer to your peers. Jaune, you will earn your place here at Beacon and get strong. Or else I will do to you what I couldn't do to that Grimm." Acnologia finished before walking away.

"W-what w-would t-that be?" Jaune asked the mage.

Acnologia turned and with a dark smile and told them,"Have fun." With that the dragon slayer walked away. "And get your self cleaned up Cardin. That sap is a magnet for Grimm."

"You know....I don't want to know what he means by that." Jaune said out loud,"Me either, so...truce?" Cardin asked Jaune, as he watched Acnologia walk away. "Yeah, truce." Jaune turned back to the bully and the two shook hands.

Acnologia returned to where Glynda was and sat back down at his log. "Did you find the nest?" The dragon slayer looked at her,"It was an old nest, no Grimm just remnants of when they were here. But it seems Winchester had an accident and spilled some sap on himself. I had to stop an Ursa that came after him, but that was all."

"Well its good that you went that way." Glynda told him as her fellow teacher hunched forward, once again bored.

After another hour, Glynda gathered all the students and they all boarded the bullhead with their jars of sap in hand. Cardin passed Acnologia as he boarded, his chest plate now clean and his eyes glued to the the teacher. The dragon slayer nodded to him before following the end of the trail of students into the bullhead.

Acnologia stood at the back of the bullhead, near a bucket provided by Glynda. The mage didn't mind since everyone seemed to be absolutely terrified of even slightly pissing him off and staid mostly quiet or just above a whisper. Even in his sickened state, Acnologia creates fear.

It didn't take long to get back to Beacon, the unloading took even less time. Acnologia and Glynda were left alone at the docking station. "Well for your first day, that went very well." Glynda told him. Acnologia grunted,"I would enjoy fighting more than these...field trips." Glynda shook her head,"You wanted to be a combat teacher, understandable I guess. We need to take these samples back to the Professor Port's classroom." The dragon slayer nodded before picked up the largest box of samples of the students jars of sap in while Glynda pushed a cart that had a few of them. "What does this....Port use them for? Traps for the Grimm?"

"Something like that. We use these field trips to help gather useful resources rather than spend money on other exports. The council doesn't seem to mind since it saves money." Acnologia looked at Glynda with curiosity,"Council? What kind of Council?" His memories thought back to the magic council that formed during his reign as the dragon king. He had heard that the council did many stupid things, including trying to hunt him down once. They died.

"They watch over the schools, appoint headmasters and dictate the rules of these academies. I'm shocked you didn't find anything on them in your research over the past week." Glynda told him as the turned down a hallway. "I was focused on the basic history of Remnant and the creatures of Grimm. I didn't look to deep into the more indepth history books. Perhaps that was a mistake."

Glynda shrugged as they stopped at a door labelled Professor Port. She knocked on the door and it flung open and a plump man with white combed hair and a combed mustache stepped out. "Professor Goodwitch, you have brought the students samples?" He asked. "This is all of them." She told him before pushing the cart inside of the room. Acnologia walked after her, ducking so that the wild mane that he called his hair wouldn't scrape the top of the door. "You must be the new professor, Glynda's new assistant?"

Port looked up at Acnologia as he sat the crate he was carring down by the rest of first year students sap samples. "I am. My name is Acnologia." He held his hand out to shake Port's.

"I am Peter Port, it is a pleasure to meet you." Port took his hand and winced a little at the mages grip. "Hohoho, you have quite the grip there." The jolly man told him before the two let go. Acnologia gave no response and his face remained drained of emotion. "You should introduce the new professor to Dr. Oobleck, he's the other first year teacher. He teaches history. I teach the students how to hunt Grimm or defend themselves from them. I would go to say that our teachings go hand in hand, wouldn't you say?" Port asked him leaning in with a nudge. "Fighting is fighting, I see no difference between combating one creature or another." Acnologia told him, agreeing in his own way.

"I see." Port said before a knock came at the door and everyone turned to see a man with crazed, wild green hair and a pair of glasses. His shirt was half untucked and his tie was pulled down slightly and was also messed up. "I hope I'm not interrupting? I heard that you dropped off some sap from the first year's feild trip." He told them very quickly.

"Oh yes, Glynda and her new assistant dropped them off. Come in and introduce yourself." Port laughed at his colleuge. The skinny man nearly ran in front of Acnologia before he pushed his glasses up,"Hello, I am Doctor Bartholemew Oobleck. You must be the new assistant combat teacher. It is a pleasure, professor..." Oobleck prompted for his name. "Acnologia."

"It is a pleasure professor Acnologia." Oobleck reached out his left hand to shake as his right hand held a coffee mug. The dragon slayer only looked down at his hand before he looked up at the messy man. Oobleck akwardly dropped his hand,"Not much of a hand shaker are you?"

"That is not the problem, Doctor." Acnologia raised his stubbed limb showing him his inability to shake a person's left hand properly. Oobleck's eyes widen as his glasses fell down from his eyes and to the end of his nose,"My apologizes, I had no idea." The mage waved it off with his good arm,"No apology required. It is a simple wound that is easy to hide, though I have no problem with anyone seeing it."

"I see. Though, have you not attempted to recieve a prothstetic?" Oobleck asked him. "Yes, I'm sure Ozpin has someone you can talk to about getting one." Port agreed with the doctor. Acnologia shook his head,"Prothstetics are unnatural and their harder to channel my magic through. Its not impossible and I have plenty of mgic power, but there are other reasons."

"You can use magic?" Port asked. "You must be talking about your semblance, magic isn't real." Oobleck said.

Acnologia moved his good hand out from his cloak and created a magic circle over his palm,"I assure you that magic is real. It is much more versital and powerful than anyone persons semblance. Especially the magic I weild." The mage pointed his finger at Ooblecks coffee mug, creating a tiny magic circle and causing what was in it to boil and evaporate. Oobleck looked down before he turned his mug upside down revealling that all of what he was drinking was gone. His face twisted into dissapointment as he flipped his mug back upright. Acnologia twisted his hand and Oobleck's eyes widen as the top of his mug began to emit steam, his coffee was back. "I warmed it back up for you."

"Enough showing off Acnologia, did you need some of the samples for some research doctor?" Glynda asked him, "Oh right, yes only two or three jars worth. If thats alright with you Peter."

"Of course, of course. After helping me set those traps last week, I owe you a few favors." Port laughed out. Glynda looked at Acnologia,"Would you mind opening one of these crates for the doctor?" The dragon slayer nodded before walking towards one the crate he dropped off. He pulled off the lid and reached down to grab some of the jars. When he did the sun glared down on the marks on his arms, showing off the lines between the blue sclaes that made up the draconian markings.

Oobleck noticed and shot over to him, observing the scaled markings. "Excuse me, but are these....scales?" Acnologia pulled two jars out and handed them to him,"Yes, they are scales." Oobleck took the jars,"I had no idea you were a faunus. To which reptillian catagory do you belong?"

"Dragon." Acnologia answered before putting the crate lid back on. "I....see. Interesting, we should all talk again during lunch next week. I'm sure you have plenty of interesting stories to share." The mage grunted at his suggstion but nodded. "Excellentnext week then. Good day." The doctor left the room in a blur leaving the other three teachers alone. "Does he really need coffee?" Acnologia asked. "Honestly no, but Ozpin likes to give teachers a free range of how they teach. Bart gets the job done, and he does it quickly." Port told him. Acnologia said nothing but turned to see the trail of dust the man left in his wake.

"Well Peter I hope you put these to good use, me and Acnologia need get the class room set up for next week." Glynda told him as she began to walk away with Acnologia in tow. "Thank you again Glynda. I hope to see you both sometime." Port laughed out.

The two combat teachers made their way back to their classroom, which had been empty all day. Glynda walked in first and turned on the lights with Acnologia coming in behind her. "Feild trips are boring." He stated before walking up to the side of Glynda's desk. "These kinds are, eventually the first years will go on missions with official Huntsmen and you will be going with one of those first year teams."

"Mission? What kind?" Acnologia asked her,"I have no idea what kind you will go on, but it could be anything from elimination to just simply observation." The mage let out a low growl,"If I don't get to fight anything, I will be extremely dissapointed." Glynda laughed at him,"I'm sure you'll be fighting some kind of Grimm during what ever mission your assigned."

Acnologia made no response to that as Glynda sat down at her desk,"So what happen with Cardin and Jaune in the forest today?" The mage looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "You heard?"

"I take an interest into my students and it was your first day, I needed to keep an eye on you." Acnologia looked away,"Cardin was blackmailling Jaune into being his lackie and tried to get him to loose a nest of Rapier Wasps." The blonde twisted her head,"Ah the forged documents that Jaune used to get in to Beacon. I wonder how Cardin found out about that?" The dragon slayer turned back to her with a confused look across his face,"You knew about the forgery? And you did nothing, why?"

"Ozpin has a rule. It took some time for me to agree with him on it, but the rule has undeniable merit." Acnologia twisted his head slightly in curiosity,"What is this rule?" Glynda smiled before answering.

"It doesn't matter how you got to Beacon as long as you show merit, determination, and courage you are always welcome here. That single rule is why he holds an initiation test for the first year students, it isn't just to put them into teams. Its to see if they hold true to that rule. Though with how you treated their situation, you seem to have a similiar rule."

Acnologia chuckled lightly, giving off a small smile. "Its like you said. It is my first day as a teacher, and I have never occupied a role like this. I only have only played the role as a healer....and then a destroyer. Being a teacher is not something I can rely on experience for, I assume it has to come naturally at first." He paused for a moment before he completely turned to Glynda,"So...how did I do?" It was her turn to chuckle as she looked up at her assistant teacher. "It was a test for me, was it not? You allowed me to find them so that you could test me, to see if I met your standards. So how did I do?" Acnologia asked her.

"You did....exceptionally well. You suprised me." Glynda told him,"I was expecting you to just completely attack them, but you disciplined them instead."

"I told you he would make a fine addition to the staff." The two teachers turned to see Ozpin walk in with a pleasent grin plastered across his face,"Well Miss Goodwitch, did I not?" Glynda groaned,"You were right Ozpin, as usual." Acnologia looked between the two,"You both had some kind of bet on my worthiness as a teacher, didn't you?"

Ozpin held his hands up, his cane in one hand. "Guilty as charged, but at least you passed right?" The dragon slayer breathed in before sighing,"I feel as though I have gotten myself into something terrible."Ozpin chuckled at his statement,"Perhaps you have, but is that so bad?"

The dragon slayer looked between the white haired head master and Glynda before he sighed again,"I guess not."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81 4 2
Many of Natsu's habits come from Igneel, and he still keeps doing them despite the pain he felt when his father abandoned him. However, who he was an...
38.8K 690 22
Lucy left the guild after hearing something she didn't want to. Natsu and Lisanna were dating. not only was that a shocker to her, but a shocker to e...
33.5K 725 27
Jet is a new student at Beacon, and he's caught team RWBY's attention. He rarely talks, and isn't even assigned to a team. Outside of school, the si...
4.7K 164 8
Y/N L/N isn't a fighter but rather a writer, during his time as a writing he struggled to find a story that would make a big hit. After a few years o...