Remnant's Black Dragon (Acnol...

Spector45

The Black Dragon of the Apocalypse finds himself stuck on the Grimm invested world of Remnant. Does he contin... Еще

For you to Know
Chapter 1: New World
Chapter 2: Bandages and Bullies
Chapter 4: New Teacher, Old Teaching
Chapter 5: Closer
Chapter 6: One Problem to the Next
Chapter 7: My Story
Chapter 8: The Threat
Chapter 9: Care to Dance?
Chapter 10: The Title of Monster
Chapter 11: Feelings
Chapter 12: Welcome to Beacon
Chapter 13: The Fall Maiden
Chapter 14: The Dragon King
Chapter 15: After
Chapter 16: Menagerie
Chapter 17: Sienna Khan
Chapter 18: A Lesson On Power
Chapter 19: Playing Catch Up

Chapter 3: The Magic Combatant

7.9K 118 38
Spector45

Acnologia awoke the next day to find himself alone. Glynda Goodwitch had left and Acnologia's wounds had began to heal in a speedy fashion, just as he had believed. The black, blue, and yellow bruise had shrunk and was a deep red with just the core of it remaining slightly black and blue. It was, however, a little more tender than yesterday. Not a big problem, but an annoyance for sure.

Acnologia got himself up before looking around the room. His eyes stopped wandering when he found a clock on a table at the end of the room. 11:33 a.m., Acnologia had slept for over fourteen hours, far to long for his liking.

Acnologia groggily got up and walked outside only to blinded by the sun beaming down from the massive windows lining the opposing wall.

"Hey!" A cheerful voice pulled his attention. It was Ruby who came running over to him,"Your up! How are you feeling?"

"I'm healing." Acnologia looked around the abandoned hallways,"Where is everyone?"

"Everyone's in class but my team has a free period right now. I think the scheduled it that way so that we could have a break before Miss Goodwitch's class." Ruby shivered at the thought.

"Thats combat...right?" Acnologia asked her,"Yeah, its fun but Miss Goodwitch is kinda...scary." The dragon slayer raised his head and sniffed the air, trying to find some kind of food. He did it a couple times before Ruby spoke up.

"What are you doing?" Acnologia didn't stop what he was doing but did answer,"I trying to find food."

"By smelling the air?" Acnologia looked down at her,"I'm a dragon and as such my sense are far beyond a normal human. For instance, I can tell that Yang is in your dorm room, and Blake and Weiss are way off in that direction." Acnologia pointed down the hall.

"Woah, how did you know that?"

"I can smell them. I can even smell Ozpin way above us in that tower over there." Acnologia pointed out of one of the many windows at a tower. "Oh thats awesome! But if you wanted you could have just asked. Lunch is in an hour, sorry."

"I will make do. Tell me, where is the library?" the dragon slayer wanted to learn more about the world he found himself in. "I can show you, come on." Ruby told him before walking down the hallway motioning for him to follow. Acnologia wordlessly walked after her.

"Soooooo you fight dragons, do you have any weapons to fight them with?" Ruby asked him. "My magic is all I need." Ruby looked at him quizzically,"You don't have a sword or anything?"

Acnologia shook his head,"No. I don't need one, if you recall I defended myself from your team very easily upon our first meeting and I was unarmed." Ruby tilted her head."Oh yeah, I guess you really don't need a weapon, huh? See I use my scythe, Crescent Rose. Its not just a scythe but high impact sniper rifle that fires high caliber rounds."

Acnologia looked at her wide eyed and confused.

"Its a big gun."

Acnologia nodded in understanding. He knew about guns, just not in any kind of detail. "You shot me with that if I remember right." Ruby scratched the back of her head sheepishly,"Yeah sorry about that. Now that I think about it your really strong to have taken one of those shots from that range. You barely even budged."

"One has to be strong to kill dragons." Acnologia told her as they made it to a set of open doors. Once inside Acnologia looked around the room to find several large bookcases as well as several floors filled with even more bookcases.

Blake and Weiss sat at a table with a few different books stacked on top of it while they were both reading from other books. After a few moments of reading they would write down something on a notebook.

"Here we are." Ruby told him before looking down at her wrist watch,"Oh no! I'm late to meet Yang, I'll see ya later I got to go!" She disappeared in a blur of red. Acnologia walked towards one of the many shelves, glossing over the many titles before finding one title: The History of Remnant.

He placed it under his arm before grabbing another book labeled: Grimm.

He sat down at the table where Weiss and Blake were with them finally realized he was there. "Hello Acnologia. Didn't know you were here." Blake said not really looking up from her own studies. Weiss made a noise and waved but was to caught up in her research to say anything.

Acnologia said nothing back to either of them and started to look through the books. He skipped through pages when he skimmed over information he deemed useless.

He learned that the world of Remnant was divided into five separate kingdoms of a sort. Vale, the one he was in now, Vacuo to the west, Atlas to the north, Mistral to the east, and Menagerie to the south. Menagerie wasn't really considered a kingdom, however, as it was given to Faunus kind at the end of a civil war. He learned that Atlas was a military kingdom, their school, kingdom, and armed forces are all military controlled. They also had a bad history of abusing Faunus kind in the past, which sparked the civil war. 'More weaklings abusing power they do not have or deserve.'

He also found out about semblances and auras in a more complex manner. Aura's are a representation of a person's life energy. It shields them from harm and heal small wounds. It enhances huntsman's abilities as well as powering their semblance. It was also interesting to find that just because you have an aura, it doesn't mean you have a semblance.

Then it came to the Grimm. They were creatures as old as the residents of Remnant themselves, maybe older. He read that Grimm had many variations, some of them were the bear like creature he killed on his first night here, Ursa, others were wolf like creatures, Beowulves, amphibian like ones, Creeps, raven like Grimm, Nevermore, and several others that he learned of. Each had special and unique attributes. They were drawn to negative emotions, just like Ozpin said, but according to what he read the older Grimm get, the more tactical. These aged Grimm will not attack protected cities in the same place twice, or they will forgo attacking when they see that they are outnumber or outmatched.

He was so indulged in the books that it took Weiss slamming on of the books in front of him for him to even look up,"Hm?" Acnologia looked up at her with a little annoyance.

"Its lunch time, I figured you would want food." She told him. Acnologia shut the book he was reading before standing up and following her and Blake to the cafeteria.

After having gotten their food and sitting down with the rest of team RWBY and team JNPR. They all waved at Acnologia or greeted him to no response. He just sat and started to eat, slower and quieter than yesterday. His silence, however, did not stop their questions.

"So....what can you do?" Nora asked Acnologia while she took a bite out of an apple. "What do you mean?" He asked her chewing on what was left of his food.

"You told us yesterday that your a dragon slayer. So what do you slay them with?" Acnologia moved his hand out from beneath his cloak and showed them his hand.

"UUUUUhhhhhhh thats just your han-" Nora's eyes widen when he channeled some magic power to it making it glow light blue. "I use dragon slayer magic. It reaps the souls of dragons, it is the most effective way to kill a dragon."

Team JNPR watched in awe as his hand continued to glow for a few more moments until he stopped and placed his hand under his cloak. "So what does your magic let you do?" Pyrrha asked him.

"Many things. I can create explosions, empower my strikes, I can do anything my imagination and magic power allows." Acnologia explained. "I'm very low on magic power and I won't be back to full power until I'm completely healed. My magic is similiar to your aura's as it is directly tied to my life force. Use to much and I die, use to little and it weakeneds."

"You should come to combat class, I would love to see that in action." Jaune told him. Acnologia looked at him,"I do not believe I would be allowed to show case my skills there. The woman appears to have not taken to me as you all have. Not that it matters." He told them coldly.

"You should still come and see it, you seem like the kind of guy that enjoys a good fight." Yang told him. "Her next class is after lunch, you can just come with us."

Acnologia considered it before giving a single light nod, making everyone hiss "Yessss." The dragon slayer mearly shook his head at their childish nature.

A few minutes later lunch ended and the two teams led Acnologia to combat class. Glynda was no where to be seen and the class was filling with students, all of which avoided Acnologia out of either fear or respect from yesterday. Mostly fear.

Team RWBY and JNPR took seats in a row of desks leaving Acnologia to stand be the wall, just leaning against it silently.

Eventually Glynda came into the room ready to begin teaching when she saw Acnologia against the wall. Her eyes widen before narrowing," Mr. Acnologia, could you come with me for a minute?" She requested before turning on her heel and walking out of the class room. Acnologia sighed before walking after her.

Once outside of the class room she shut the door and stood with her arms crossed staring at him,"Why are you in my class room? If you need some help with needing to learn about Remnant, you need to wait until after my class is over."

"I've done my own research. Two teams asked me to come and see combat class. They wanted me to use my magic in a fight." Glynda shook her head,"Two teams? RWBY and JNPR, of course."

"Is it so bad that I'm taking an interest in the combat aspects of this school. Ozpin did offer me a job as a combat assistant, did he not?" Acnologia asked her. "That is...true. Fine, but you must listen to what I say, Ok?" She really was as bad as Anna.

Acnologia bowed his head,"As you wish." The two walked back in and he went back to his spot against the wall and she started to teach. He quietly listened to her, but he drowned out most of it. He only kept his attention on her so that he would know when she adressed him.

It was half an hour before she did just that.

Team RWBY had chosen him as an opponent. "Do you accept the challange?" Acnologia smiled for the first time and stepped into the arena. "Are you healed enough to fight, Acnologia?"

"Please, the worry is not needed but I bested these four before I was given aid." Acnologia told her as he stood across from the teenagers, each with their respective weapons in hand.

Acnologia pushed his right hand in front of his cloak, ready to fight. Glynda raised her hand before dropping it quickly,"Begin!"

Ruby and Weiss shot forward straight at Acnologia while Yang and Blake went up the sides to surround him. Acnologia shut his eyes and sighed before opening them and jumping over Ruby's first scythe swing. Weiss used her semblance to catapult Yang and Blake at him while he was in mid-air. Yang threw her fist at him ony for him to dodge and used her as a mid air platform to fly further backwards and send her into Blake. Acnologia landed and quickly used his finger to move Weiss's rapier stab out of the way as she shot towards him the second he landed. The dragon slayer used her momentuem against her and let her fall to the side before tilting his own head to avoid a sniper shot from Ruby.

Acnologia jumped up to avoid another swing from Blake before landing again and bending backwards to dodge a swing from Yang. He continued down before placing his hand on the ground and flipped over kicking Yang towards her sister. Weiss and Blake started firing at him using bullets and elemental blasts, all of which were sped up by Weiss's semblance. Acnologia dodged each bullet before speeding past both of them in a split second and knocking them both towards their teammates.

The dragon slayer stood up straight while the team regrouped and pointed all of their weapons at him and began to fire at him. Acnologia put up his hand and a blue magic circle appeared in front of his hand before it expanded and becoming a sheild that blocked all of the bullets. The four girls stopped firing in shock of what they were seeing. Acnologia dispersed the magic circle before pointing his finger at the group. His finger glowed blue before he swiped his hand down to his side with a glowing blue streak following his movements. Suddenly team RWBY was surrounded by small sparkling dots before the area they were standing on exploded.

The four girls went flying backwards, but all managed to stay standing just barely. Acnologia's finger billowed a small amount of smoke like a recently fire gun. He brought it up to his face before blowing it out. "That was a taste of my dragon slayer magic. And to think, that was one finger. I still have four more fingers and the rest of my body to cast spells. What do you think That will do?" Acnologia told them, allowing them to come to grips that what he showed them was only a single drop of water in the sea that is his true power.

"Stop!" Glynda raised her hand. Acnologia looked over at her before moving his hand back into his cloak. Her face showed her utter shock but she quickly wiped it from her face before turning back to her students. It was at this point that Acnologia looked up at a massive transparent screen that showed pictures of team RWBY next to bars that had been dropped pass a white line and were all read. There were numbers above the bars and each of team RWBY's numbers were between ten and seventeen. Acnologia turned to see his own face with his own bar completely full and his number was at one hundred.

"In a fight, your scrolls with guage your aura levels. You will need to use these to find out if you should be on the offensive or deffensive. As you can see team RWBY's auras have dropped into the red indicating that they should have retreated in an actual fight or they would be unconscious. Acnologia however is complete unharmed showing his mastery of knowing when to be defensive or offensive." As she finished the bell rung for class to end,"We will continue this tomorrow."

Acnologia stepped out of the arena and stood by Glynda as all of the students, including team RWBY, left leaving them alone.

Acnologia looked at the teacher,"What did you think?" Glynda looked at him,"What did I think of what?" "My magic. What did you think?"

Glynda looked at him quizzically,"Why do care what I think about it?" Acnologia looked away from her,"If I am to be your combat assistant, I would like to adjust the way I fight to better suit your teaching methods." Glynda's eyes widen,"So your taking Ozpin's offer?"

"Perhaps. This place offers me challengers as well as a place to rest my head. But what did you think?" Acnologia rehashed his question.

"Your magic is....powerful. You know how to fight both defensively and offensively-" Acnologia shook his head,"I meant what did you think of my magic. Is it to much for the students, did it seem wrong for the class?"

"Oh, no its....its actually perfect for this class. The students need to learn how to overcome obstacles and challenges that require a whole new way of thinking. I didn't realize that you were concerned about something like that." Glynda told him. "Hm. It is strange to use my magic for a....constructive reason. I have only ever used it for destruction, slaying dragons. It's a strange sensation."

Acnologia recalled his last moment in earth realm, when he past his mantle onto the son of Igneel. "You can't have everything, so you have to hold on to what you do have and cherish it with all that you are."

Acnologia smiled softly at the memory, partially understanding what the son of Igneel meant. Glynda saw him smile and was confused as to why. Their thoughts were interrupted by the door opening to her class room. The girl Acnologia saved from Cardin was one among three others that came in. They all froze when they realized that Glynda was not alone.

"Team CFVY, how can I help you?" She asked them,"No, no, no, no, no, we'll leave you alone we didn't know you had.....company." The girl with a beret told Glynda. Acnologia didn't understand that but looked down at Glynda who had turned bright red and was stuttering out her response,"Coco Adel! I-h-he's n-not...."

"I am the new combat assistant." Acnologia answered for her. Glynda looked back at him surprised.

The girl named Coco tilted her and pulled her sunglasses down looking Acnologia over. "Your...Miss G's assistant?" The girl Acnologia saved from Cardin leaned up and whispered into her ear. Coco's head straightened,"Your the guy that helped out Velvet? I definitely approve Miss G!"

Glynda began to blush at her statement while Acnologia only lightly nodded his head once. "I cannot say that it was my full intention to only aid her. I simply do not like people like Cardin and seeing him act so brash was something that I needed to remedy."

"Honesty, that is a noble trait." The man with a large sword strapped to his back told him,"Yatsuhashi's right. You helped her out regardless of your reasons, you have our A-OK." Coco told him. "Your fashion sense could use an upgrade though." The other male team member looked at Coco,"You tell that to everyone fashion queen." Coco didn't even look down at him,"Because everyone needs a little bit of help Fox."

Acnologia tilted his head in confusion but said nothing. The big swordsman walked up to him,"You said your going to be Miss Goodwitches combat assistant. Would it be alright if I request a match between you and us?"

"That is her decision, not mine. It is her class, I am merely here to assist her." Acnologia told him emotionlessly. Another fight would help his boredom, but it was her arena and his wounds were not happy with how he was pushing himself.

Yatsu turned to her,"May we?" Glynda looked at Acnologia who had no emotion or visible expression. "Why don't we post pone that for a little while. He is still recovering from some in the field injuries."

Yatsu bowed to her,"As you wish." Coco turned everyone around,"Alright, lets let the teachers have their....alone time." Coco told everyone before tilting her head down at Glynda and winking.

Acnologia didn't know what she was implying as her and her team left, but Glynda was blushing once more.

The team stopped once before Fox turned around and asked the dragon slayer a question,"Oh yeah, what's your name teach?"

"Acnologia. My name is Acnologia."

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

33.4K 802 13
Your new to fairy tail high and catch the attention of the school bully and popular guy Natsu Dragneel. He can't understand how your so nice to him...
Peppermint Jinx

Фанфик

81 4 2
Many of Natsu's habits come from Igneel, and he still keeps doing them despite the pain he felt when his father abandoned him. However, who he was an...
4.7K 164 8
Y/N L/N isn't a fighter but rather a writer, during his time as a writing he struggled to find a story that would make a big hit. After a few years o...
529 18 15
In the land of Fiore, far north of Magnolia, lies a small coastal town surrounded by forest known as Lotus. The peaceful town is the first place youn...