Taking One for the Team (The...

By Kendallmariie

Pregnant by a jerk and left to provide for her unborn babies with the help of her successful bakery and the h... More

Prologue
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY

CHAPTER ONE

28K 788 330
By Kendallmariie

Sigh. What have I gotten myself into? I used to be so careful and now I've screwed everything up. Oh well, time to face the music.

Shoulders slumped, I walked to my doom. Prepared to tell my one night stand that in a few months, he's gonna be a daddy.

"...yeah, I got laid that night and as I was leaving, you won't believe who called me, begging me to take her..."

"Excuse me," I interrupted.

Matthew, my one night stand, looked over his shoulder and glared down at me, clearly upset at having been interrupted. He was surrounded by other players and I think he was re-telling the story of the night we slept together. I pulled my courage and cleared my thoart, "Can I talk to you? It's important."

He turned his body so he fully faced me. None of the others made moves to leave.

"Can we talk in private?"

He huffed, shrugged his shoulders and moved away from his group, leaving me to follow after him.

This is going to be so embarrassing. I bet he doesn't even remember my name.

When he finally stopped, I moved to stand in front of him. I wanted to coware away and forget about telling him. But I couldn't, Nonna would be disappointed in me for not seeing this though. So I straightened my shoulders, looked him in the eye and delievered my news. "I'm pregnant."

He just looked at me. Unsure if I said it loud enough, I said it again with more power in my voice. "Did you hear me? I said I'm pregnant. We're having a baby."

"Look uh, uh"

I knew it. "Renee." I snapped

He slowly started to shake his head. "Whatever. No, no we aren't having a baby toether, stop lying."

"Lying, why would I lie about this." I reached into my Coach hand bag and pulled out the baggie filled with positive pregnancy tests. Twelve postive pregnancy tests to be exact.

Matthew grabbed the baggie and stared at the contents. "What is this?" He asked, frustrated.

"Pregnancy tests. All postive." I reached into my handbag again and this time I pulled out a slip of paper from my OBGYN. I took the bag of pregnancy tests from his and and replaced it with the slip of paper.

"And what is this?" He asked, becoming more growly.

"It's a slip from my OBGYN, confirming my pregnancy and possible date of conception."

Matthew began to paced in front of me, running his hands roughly through his black hair. I stood paitently waited for him to stop. When he finally did I stood directly in front of me. His chest my face due to his 5'10 height and my 5'0 height. He threw the paper directly in my face, "How do I know the baby is mine?"

"How do I know the baby is yours?" I stepped back with a shocked look on my face. Holding my chest in disbelief. "Did you forget that I was a virgin the night we had sex? I'm two months pregnant almost to the day, how could I lie?"

"How am I supposed to know you didn't hop into someone else's bed after I left you? I mean it didn't take much to get you into my bed in the first place."

My neck snapped back like I'd been slapped. My eyes began to water and I could feel my face begining to turn red under my carmel colored skin. I wiped the tears that began to trail down my face and tooks several steps away from Matthew. Clearing my throat, I spoke. "If this baby is yours do you want to be a part of his or her life?"

He let out a huge sigh and scurbed his face. When he finally looked at me, without hesitation he said, "No."

"No, alright. Can I ask why not?" Tears continued to fall from my eyes but did so at a faster pace.

"My girlfriend is pregnant. I slept with her the same night I slept with you so she's pregnant too. We just got back together so having a child with you will ruin everything I have with her." That was it. No apologize and no remorse.

I took a deep breath to calm myself and couned to ten in my head before speaking. "Okay, I'll have the paper ready for you the next time we meet. When are you free?"

"Paper work for what? What do you plan to do? If your getting an abortion I'll pay for it."

"Abortion isn't an option for me. I'll have my lawyer draw up the paper work, you'll sign over your parental rights to my child, you'll sign a document agreeing to a DNA test after the baby is born, and we'll both sign a hush agreement stating that neither of us goes to any media source about the baby or our very brief affair." There was venom in my voice as I mechanically stated my plan but like him, I held no apology or remorse. "When are you free to do this?" I asked again.

There was a hint of shock on his face but he recovered quickly. "Next Monday, no practice so I'm free all day."

"Good. We'll meet in the conference room of Nonna's Kitchen at 11am. Bring your lawyer and a witness." With that, I walked away and he didn't stop me. Good thing I didn't tell him I was having twins.

Alexander

"You're pregnant? When were you gonna tell me?" A smile began to form on my face.

Ashley looked away fidgeting. "I wasn't, the baby isn't yours."

My mouth fell open and just like that, the smile was gone. "Are you sure? How do you know? We've been sleeping together since you and Matthew broke up. If the baby's not mine then who's is it?"

"Matthew's." She muttered.

"What!"

Ashley sighed. "Matthew and I got back together two months ago at that dinner the team had. I'm two months pregnant so that means the baby is his."

"So that's why you stopped talking to me because you were screwing him again? Ashley, you were still sleeping with me two months ago! I want a DNA test!" I shouted. I noticed Ashely inching her 5'5 frame away from my 6'0 frame out of fear so I put some distance between us. I couldn't disguise the disgust I now had for her. It showed all over my face. The long, silky blonde hair and the vibrant blue I eyes I used to love now left a bad taste in my mouth.

"About that," Ashley began to pace, "don't tell Matthew. We're trying and he's so excited out this baby! Please don't ruin this for me." She begged.

"Don't tell my brother you slept with me behind his back, why shoudn't I?"

Her face began to turn red. "Because he'll never believe you! I'm the love of his life amd your just some kid his parents took in. We do a DNA and I'll tell him you rapedme, who do you think he'll believe?" She sneered.

She's right. If it cmoes down to a choice of me or her for Matthew there's no doubt in my mind that he'll choose her, I thought.

"Whatever I-"

I was cut off by the sound of footsteps, followed by a voice I didn't want to hear. "Hey, Alexander, we gotta go. We have a meeting about the cake thing. When his eyes found Ashley beside he said walked over to her. "Hey, Sweetie, what are doing with Alexander."

"I-I-um..." She struggled to find her words.

I sighed and decided to help her, "I noticed her baby bump and decided to give her my Congradulations. Congrats to you too man. Your gonna be a dad." I gave him a rough pat on the back.

Matthew shrugged his shoulders but the pride he carried in his eyes was unmistakable. "Yeah, man, thanks."

There was an awkward silence. No one moved and no one said anything so I took that as my cue to leave. Giving Matthew another pat on the back I said, "Alright, I'm headed to the conference room. See you soon."

Matthew gave me a nod of acknowedgment and I walked away.

Seated in the conference room with four other players, I felt my phone vibrate with a text message.

Ashley: Promise u won't tell him?

I considered not replying but being the kind hearted person I am, I couldn't do that.

Me: I won't tell him

Ashley: & no DNA test?

Me: U expect me to just abandon my kid if the baby's mine?

Ashley: Regardless this baby is mine and it will be raised in a home with a mom & dad who love him. I promise

Me: Whtever

Ashley: I'll take that as a yes. Ty!

I shoved the iPhone back into my sweat pants pocket. I was irritated with how this all turned out. My son or daughter could be resting in her stomach and I'll never know.

I wonder if it'll have her blonde hair and blue eyes or my black hair and greens. Maybe a mixture of both. I thought to myself. I'll find out soon enough but the child will never call me dad and for that I only have myself to blame.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

848K 28.3K 35
(Completed) Mature content warning ------------------------------------------ "Take off your clothes." "W-what?" I pry my eyes away from his lips to...
2.8K 153 12
𝟗-𝟓 "..𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐧' 𝐨𝐟 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐦𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐣𝐨𝐛 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐲�...
159K 5.5K 49
Paige Simms was starting her last year of university with her best friend Erin. While being the seemingly perfect child with good grades, and a part...
3.2M 117K 33
Some people like the cookie. Some like the cream. I like them together, with some milk of course. But, I'm not talking about Oreos. Nope. This is m...