LI∇ΣD || ONEUS

Door Dreamer_G10

Dreary weather, deep sorrow. Pained souls, overwhelmed with the same exhausting feeling and entangled with th... Meer

00-
01-
03-
04-
05-
06-
07-

02-

141 12 16
Door Dreamer_G10

11:30 pm

I sweat on the way. I cross the sidewalk, heart beating and wet from head to toe.

I finally arrive at the apartment. He must have been worried about me. I should have written him a message or called him. It was after taking KeonHee home that I noticed that my phone was dead.

A ball of anxiety in the stomach, I open the door and go inside. All the lights are off and not the slightest noise.

Is he already asleep?

"Hyung! I came home."
I say loudly but no one answers.

Shit! I shouldn't have screamed.
I go to my room, take a shower and change.

Midnight.

I can't sleep. I should have gone to see him in his room. It seems really rude from my part. After all, I live with him.

I turn on my phone after a few minutes of charging.

10 missed calls from "Hyung"

My heart sinks again. My hands are trembling with fear. This time I'm cooked.

I'm a step outside his door. I'm looking for words. I don't know where to start and I can't even imagine his reaction at first sight.

I knock once,

No answer.

Twice,

None.

For the third time,

Nothing.

"Hyung?"

I slowly open the door and to my surprise, I face an empty room, without the slightest person.

My eyes widen. There my heart is going to have a heart attack. But where is he? At this hour ?

Before I can react, the doorbell rings.

I frown. Who can it be at this hour? Could it be Hyung?

I rush to open. An elderly woman stands in front of me, soaked by the rain. It was the old woman on the third floor.

"Madam,"

"what brings you to this hour?"
I ask her while stammering.

"Are you LeeDo's younger brother?"
She questions me in a desperate tone. (Leedo or Gunhak it's the same person. But Hwanwoong usually calls him Gunhak than Leedo)

"Yes it's me! Why? You know where he is?"

I fear the worst. It doesn't bode well for me. But I cross my fingers that this woman won't tell me any bad news.

"LeeDo is in the hospital. He had an accident."

I suffocate at hearing this news. I immediately squatted on the floor, tears streaming down.

No. It's impossible. I can't believe it. It couldn't be him.

"We tried to call you several time but you didn't answer. On the way to Gangnam, his bus had a crash and many people were injured and some even died. LeeDo was among them."
The old woman purues as everything's going blurry from my side.

I hardly try to stand up from the floor and take my jacket hooked on the coat hanger. Then I rush outside of the apartment. Onward to the hospital.

-

"Gunhak! Gunhak wake up!"

I kneel near his bed begging him to wake up.

It saddens me to see him in this state. Unconscious and injured. What happened? This morning again he was in a good health, and now, I see him laying on the hospital bed, bloody and dying.

I still remember what he told me before I left this morning. He said to me to be careful but finally, it's him who had to be.

FLASHBACK

"Be careful! With the weather, it is dangerous."
LeeDo told me.

"Am I a child? Don't worry, I'm going to be careful."
I replied ironically.

"If something happens to you, I don't want your parents to come and blame me for being reckless with you."

"Hyung! Do not say that. You are a super hyung. Don't doubt it. And you will see, I will pass this contest without any fault."
I fervently reassured.

He showed a slight smile on his lips and took me in his arms, finding me in his embrace, my head buried at the level of his neck.

"I think I'll be back very early in the day. Maybe I should visit my parents. It's been two weeks after all."
I informed him.

"That's great!"
He exclaimed.

"So I won't be back before 6pm."
I pursued, expecting a reaction from him.

"It's okay. I have something to do too. And I'm already late."
He replied while looking at his watch. A hint of concern showed in his face.

"Where are you going?"
I asked him whilst frowning at his puzzled expression.

"To Gangnam. Something happened, I have to fix it with the guys."
He simply uttered and he kept tidying up his stuffs into his bag.

"What things? You never have told me about your friends from Gangnam."
I queried as I followed him behind.

"Because you have never asked me about it. You were so busy about your exam that you didn't even know what I was doing or where I was going!"
He sarcastically responded.

I felt the heat rising up in my cheeks. I rubbed the back of my head as I was just dumbfounded.

"It's studies stuffs. A project that we entend to launch soon. Don't worry about me and make sure to success that contest."
He finally stated and patted my shoulder.

"Okay!"
I just shrugged and lead myself to the door. I turned a last time before I opened the door. I saw him bidding goodbye to me and I gave it back with a beaming smile.
Once out, I sighed as I saw the rain pouring down.
"I hope that the subway won't be crowded all the way to Incheon."

End of flashback

"Mr. HwanWoong?"
The doctor calls me.

I wake up from my thoughts, wipe my tears and look at him.

"The patient is in serious condition even after his operation. Better to call the parents and prepare for the worst case."
He declares.

I lower my head.
"I understand."
I answer in a weak and hopeless voice.

He nods and pats me on the shoulder then leaves.

My phone rings, I see the name of Leedo's father appear on the screen. I swallow, I tremble. I pick up the phone.

"HwanWoong, we got your message. what really happened? Gunhak okay? He's not too hurt right? We are very worried."

"He is still unconscious but the doctors take care of him."
I speak to him as calmly as possible so as not to worry him.

"What a relief. His mother prays that he will regain consciousness soon. We would like to reach you as soon as possible but with the bad weather, we will not arrive until tomorrow at noon I think. Please take care of our Gunhak in the meantime."

"Yes, I will do it!"
I promise them in a broken voice.

I hang up, then I find myself sobbing again.
I lied to them. Gunhak is in critical condition after his operation. And all because of me. Why? Why does this happen to us? Why now where we are closest?

"HwanWoong!"
I hear my father's voice.
I turn my head and see him running towards me followed by my mother.

I immediately throw myself into his arms and cry.

"It will be fine, here we are!"
He comforts me.

"Dad everything is my fault."
I feel guilty.

"It's not yours. Do not say that."

I take off from his embrace and look him in the eye.

"If only I've stopped him. If only I have cared about him, maybe he wouldn't have died. I was so selfish. I was too eager that I've never mind about him. I couldn't do anything for him."
I explain, tears overflowing in my eyes.

"It's okay! He knew how busy you were these days. He understood your situation so he chose not to bother you with his stuffs. It's not your fault so stop feeling guilty. He will get out of it. Gunhak is a strong boy, he will be fine."
My father caresses my head slightly.
I feel a little better. I slowly close my eyes and rush into a deep sleep. Carefree, I sleep and the pain seems to subside.

-

I jump at the sound of the alarm. I find myself in my... room?

I get up from the bed and rush to the kitchen.
I see my mother who is preparing breakfast. I remain standing, dazed, still in a misunderstanding.

What happened? How did I get home with my mom?

She notices my presence and turns to me. She smiles at me.

"You're awake ? Your apartment is great. Gunhak had to take care of the house, it stays clean and tidy."
She makes the remark.

My face darkens. I never noticed this little detail too. Gunhak always complained about his reckless with me but in fact I was the one being careless with him.

"Sit down and eat a little before going to the hospital."
My mother asks me.
I obey her and sit on the dining table.

"News?"
I speak after a lap of silence time

"No."
She shrugs.

I sigh.

"How did I get home?"
I ask her the second question.

But before she answered, the phone rang.
She picks up.

"Yes hello!"
She says happily then ...

The smile fades from her face.

"Oh I see."
She resumes intermittently

"I will convey the news to him."

"What is happening? What did dad say?"
I am getting impatient.

She gently places the phone on the table. She looks at me sadly.

I get up and step back.

"HwanWoong-ya!"

No. Do not say it.

"Gunhak,"

No, not that!!!

"He is dead."

Then we hear suddenly a thunderbolt.

✧ * ✧ * ✧

[A/N: That's the second chapter, if you liked it please consider giving it a vote. And don't forget to comment and share. It will be my pleasure]

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

1.2K 22 14
When two worlds collide between a travel journalist and a med student who never had any freedom, a trip follows, and just as things start looking goo...
26.9K 1.7K 47
Moments; singular, siphoned, like grains of sand which fall restlessly, and build without limits...growing with increasing momentum, each step, beat...
104K 6.3K 25
【 ꜰᴏʀᴍᴇʀ ʏᴀɴᴅᴇʀᴇ! ꜰ. ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ x ᴍ!ʏᴀɴᴅᴇʀᴇ 】 This world has never feel real to you, especially when you found yourself obsessed with a certain boy in th...
1.2K 92 6
If you get a chance to fix your mistake..... then what you do? And what if the chance you earn..... which repeat again and again, until you fix it...