INFECTED

By Ender_Paige

Z-Virus Book 1 It was the second week of July, the first day of school when a plague has started to spread in... More

PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Epilogue
A Letter

Chapter 22

80 8 2
By Ender_Paige

The car of principal Wagner was completely destroyed, shattered glasses and chunks of metal scraps were scattered on the ground. But the question is, where the hell did that monster go?

"Maybe it went somewhere else."

"Well now's our chance!" Aaron exclaimed and started running towards the school bus.

"No! Wait, Aaron!" Troy tried to call Aaron but he did not listen at all, "Ugh shit!"

Troy started running to follow Aaron and so did we. I was holding Kellie and Angel's hand while we run so that no one gets left behind. As Aaron reached the school bus he suddenly halted and took a step back and it looks like he saw something.

Aaron turned around to face us and he was completely filled with fear. "Go back!" He shouted and the huge monster appeared from the back of the school bus. A pulse has started pounding loudly in my ears blocking all other sounds. Aaron was about to run away but the monster caught him as his face contorted in pain.

All of them were saying something but I can't seem to hear a thing as the sound of my pulse was beating so loudly. The monster threw Aaron to side and severely hit his body on the wall making him lose his consciousness.

No...

"Aaron!" I shouted but it only made the monster's attention turn to me.

I was paralyzed on the spot, the menacing aura of that monster is freezing all my muscles. The monster flashed me a sickening grin that made me shiver down my spine.

"Run!" Troy yelled that made all of us flinch and started sprinting away from that horrifying creature. I heard a loud growl and followed by a huge footstep making the ground rumble.

I looked back and I saw the gigantic monster screaming towards us so I turned my gaze back in front focusing on my pace and realized that we were heading back to the main building.

"Where are we going?" I asked while still running.

"Let's find a place to hide!" Troy yelled as we continued running but Angel suddenly slipped and fell hard on the ground so I went back to help her but the monster already caught up.

"Lei!" Troy shouted but it was too late. The monster stepped on Angel as her body was totally mashed while blood pooled on the ground, she did not even have the chance to scream. I froze at what I witnessed and I didn't notice that the monster already caught Kellie with its huge hands making her scream in fear and in pain.

It widely opened its mouth revealing hundreds of sharp, pointy, and bloodstained teeth. The next thing it did made me put my hand over my mouth to stifle a scream but Kellie's scream was even louder. The monster swallowed Kellie's head ripping it off as chunks of flesh and pulps of blood were splashing on the air.

I was just watching the monster killing my friends and I didn't even do something to help them. I can feel my body getting weak and I just can't make my body move. The monster is just in front of me and I know that it's going to brutally attack me next. I stared at its face and it flashed me that grin again, that sickening grin.

The monster raised its hand and was about to smash me but someone stepped in front of me and he was the one who got hit instead of me. I looked at who it was and it was Troy, he was knocked down and blood started to pool on the ground.

Shit!

The monster growled again making me turn my gaze at it as it slowly took a step forward and I wasn't able to move a muscle at all. I could only open my mouth to find that even words had deserted me. It widely opened its mouth again as my life was flashing before my eyes.

Lauren...

"From now on you're going to be my adopted sister!"

Dad...

"Bye, sweetie! Always take care of yourself love you!"

Melissa...

"Believe it or not, I really really wanted to be your friend..."

Troy...

"I think I'm already falling in love with you..."

Everyone... Maybe this end.

The monster was too close, too close to devouring me. I can almost smell the stench of rotting flesh and the sound of growling is getting louder. I look up and I saw the radiating sun; the cottony white clouds floating above us.

This is definitely the end.

I closed my eyes and a loud sound of a gunshot reverberated around the parking lot followed by a loud thud making the ground shake and rumble. I opened my eyes and turned my gaze at what it was and I only saw a silhouette of a man holding a shotgun in front of me and the huge monster was now laying on the ground and its head was totally blown off.

I squinted my eye to see clearly and the man who was holding a shotgun... It was Aaron. He dropped the gun and sat on the ground panting heavily and I noticed that his head was covered in blood. I immediately ran towards him to make sure that he's okay.

"Lei, go get Troy, I think he's got a serious injury than me," Aaron said forcing a smile on his face. I did not bother asking where he got that shotgun and hurriedly went towards Troy who was laying on the ground. He was not unconscious but he got a huge wound on his head.

I kneeled down beside him but I don't know what to do. "No, Troy, w-what should I-"

I wasn't able to finish what I was about to say because he suddenly holds a grip on my shaky hands.

"Lei, calm down," Troy said as his face contorted in pain but I tried to calm myself since I can't think clearly at all. I steady my breath and try to calm the panic.

You're going to be fine, I promise.

Three hours have passed and it was already afternoon. Sadly, Aaron had already turned into one of them. But he told us a favor before he turned, and that is to tie him up tightly on the flag pole and to cover his mouth with his shirt so that he couldn't harm anyone.

I have already treated Troy's wound, well of course with his help since he's the only one who knows about this kind of stuff. We're inside the clinic and he's still resting on the bed while I'm quietly sitting here beside him as we were surrounded with deafening silence.

I only have two hours left and I know that we have no chance of getting a cure. I have already made a plan but it doesn't include getting out of here or finding my dad. My plan... this is for Troy. After he wakes I'm probably not human anymore and he should go all by himself.

I slowly caressed his hair and examined his features for the last time. His face, it's so innocent and perfect but this wound on his forehead will surely leave a mark. It's not that I'm happy about it but its the only thing that will make him remember me.

I just realized, time really goes by so fast, I can't believe I lost nine friends within a span of five days and the only one that's left is me and Troy. And later on, it's gonna be Troy that will only be left.

"I don't wanna leave, I don't wanna turn into a monster, and I don't want to do this," I whispered as a tear run down my cheek. I kissed him on his forehead and took a deep sigh, "but it's the only way."

I stood up and took the camcorder on the table. I exited the door and started to walk as I heard the door latch shut behind me. I was heading upstairs while silently walking as the sound of footsteps echoed around me.

I never liked quiet places until now, I used to like parties or getaways but after what happened, I love how this school turned peaceful. It's like a safe haven for me, a place where I feel comfortable.

As I arrived on the rooftop I immediately set up the camcorder and turned it on. I wandered my gaze around me and everything surrounding this school is so lifeless. I can spot some dead bodies, burning buildings, and even monsters roaming on the streets.

Why did this happen? Has god already forsaken us? Five days ago was just as normal as it was but now, we're living like hell.

I stared at the camcorder and it was already recording. A cold breeze blew by that made me shiver and crossed my arms rubbing my skin. I closed my eyes and took a deep sigh.

After an hour and a half recording, I was finally done. In the video, I told everything that happened and talked about the virus. Well, it's not a fact, but more like a theory. I took Alexis's theory and added some information and it was only based on what I've observed.

This virus is really making me intrigued and it makes me want to know more. I want to know why we survived that time where we have lured the monsters in the auditorium. I want to know if when an infected will die and it gets contact with a living organism, will it really mutate? I want to know if its weakness is really fire. I have so many questions in my mind but I don't know if I will still be able to know the answer.

I checked the time on my phone and it was already 4:30 pm. The sun was starting to set as the skies above were painted in violet, orange, and red. The clouds were scattered all around heading northeast following the wind. But below it was like hell, blood was splattered on every corner, dead bodies were scattered on the floor, monsters were roaming on the streets, no sight of normal people, nothing at all. I don't know why but my lips formed a smile as I witnessed this beautiful and tragic scenery around me.

I have only thirty minutes left before I'll turn and I know that Troy is still asleep. I went downstairs and went back to the clinic.

I was right, he's still asleep.

I rummaged on the drawers to find a paper and a pen. I'll just write him a letter then, a love letter. I giggled at what I had in mind and I think I'm going crazy.

I sat on the chair and stared at the blank paper in front of me. I took the pen and turned my gaze at Troy then turned my gaze back to paper. I started writing, I wrote everything that comes into my mind. Everything that I felt and left no small details. I know that I'll see him again but I just want to say this while I'm still human. Because after this, everything will change.

I folded the paper and placed it on the bedside table beside where Troy was sleeping and placed the camcorder in on top of it. I checked the time and it was already 4:55 pm. Five minutes left and I will already turn into a flesh-eating monster. Well, that explains why I have this strange feeling inside of me. Something I never felt before in my entire life.

Inside of me was something alive, moving on every part of my body. I was getting weak and was craving something. I gazed on my reflection on the mirror in front of me and my skin was turning pale. My vision was getting blurry and I noticed that my eyes were starting to get covered in white. Also, purple veins were starting to show below my eyes.

I sat below Troy and hugged him tightly and I can hear his heart beating softly as I burst into tears and started sobbing. I wiped the tears on my face and kissed him gently on his lips.

"I love you," I said as I plastered a smile on my face.

I walked away, closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and calmed my nerves. I can already feel it inside of me, moving around inside my body. I opened my eyes and removed the bandage that was covering my right eye, but I saw nothing but white. I turned sightless, but I can clearly hear every sound around me; the howling of the wind, the ticking of a clock, and a beating of a heart.

I've already turned, I'm already one of them, I'm already infected.

ⓔⓝⓓⓔⓡ

A.N: Hi guys! This is it! The last chapter of Infected, but there will be an epilogue so make sure to stay tuned. Any thoughts about this chapter? Don't forget to leave a comment and a vote is deeply appreciated. Ciao! ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.7K 973 30
"An epidemic has broken out throughout half of Ireland! A viral infection that has drove people to attack each other! Everyone is advised to stay ind...
96 2 7
Your high school has become you and your peers only stronghold from the zombies outside. The students have dissolved into factions, each with their o...
1M 65.1K 69
When a deadly disease ravages the town of Holmsley, Frankie and her friends find themselves trapped inside a military-blockaded quarantine zone. ...
195K 11.4K 51
BOOK ONE She had her whole life planned. What she didn't plan for was the zombie apocalypse. Eighteen-year-old Arryn Lycaster just graduated high s...