REPEATING HISTORY (2) (COMPLE...

By ShakesPearBoi

REWRITTEN AND EDITED - originally named 'THE GREATEST SUMMER EVER' (This story is based in the 1980's in Amer... More

CHAPTER ONE: SUMMER BREAK
CHAPTER THREE: BOYS VS GIRLS
CHAPTER FOUR: JOHN SINGLETON
CHAPTER FIVE: THE ROCKET
CHAPTER SIX: THE MATCH
CHAPTER SEVEN: THE FAIR
CHAPTER EIGHT: THE CAMP OUT
CHAPTER NINE: FIREWORKS
CHAPTER TEN: ATTEMPT
CHAPTER ELEVEN: WHY?
CHAPTER TWELVE: PENNY'S HERO
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: HELP
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: THE BATTLE
EPILOGUE: OUR HAPPY ENDING

CHAPTER TWO: THE CLASH

1.5K 26 1
By ShakesPearBoi

DAVID'S POV
"Guys, hurry up! I wanna play today." I try not to bitch too much as the guys grab a ball to buy.

"Chill out, David, it's only four in the afternoon."

"Have fun boys, try not to tear the old pace up too much." Vincent Nicholson, the drugstore's owner waves us off.

"Thanks sir!" We all call as we finally leave the old drugstore and head off to the Sandlot. It didn't seem like much, but baseball is our lives.  Every afternoon, we played baseball. All summer, we'd play baseball. We lived and breathed baseball. We soon arrive at the Sandlot and stop in shock and horror. It was written all over our faces as we watched three girls take turns in each position. Penny and Jenny are easy to recognise. I take the third girl in, the new girl, the one I winked at as I ran around the bases on field. I can't help it, she's cute. Wait, what?

"Hey, get off our Sandlot before you get hurt, barbies." Ham yells at them. We throw our bikes down and run towards the girls until we are a few feet away from them.

"First of all, this is a public baseball pitch, you don't own it. Second, screw you, you sexist pig." The new girl spits back, hand on hip.

"We were playing here first, so go home and play with your dolls before you get hurt." Squints argues.

"Like Hayley said, this is a PUBLIC baseball pitch, so you can't make us leave. And we can play just as well as you." Jenny snaps back. Hayley, her name plays over and over in my head.

"Probably even better."

"Is that a bet I hear?" Tommy teases and the new girl raises an eyebrow.

"Fine. If we can get three runs, we can play here any day on a team with you guys." Penny glares at us.

"And?" Fingers asks in sign language

"And?" I reply for him, remembering that the girls probably had no idea what he's saying.

"If we strike out, we leave." Hayley continues, her voice filled with confidence and challenge.

"Deal," I agree, my eyes never leaving hers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 3.3K 10
[Benny Rodriguez x Reader] "You know, I think red and blue go well together." ~~~~ Summer of '62 was hectic. After all, when two kids decide to want...
1.7K 24 6
βœ… COMPLETED βœ… ‼️RE-WROTE THE ENTIRE STORY‼️ Emily and her two sisters moved to a new town with their mother and father. When sitting in their backya...
8K 107 18
When the Smalls family moves to a new state during the summer, Scotty tries to get some friends while his sister Annie has nothing better to do than...
1.6M 28.9K 40
❝You like my sister?❞ ❝Nah, man. I don't have time for girls, you know? Baseball is my life, that's really all that matters to me at the moment.❞ β–‚β–‚β–‚...