Watching Melodies [Killua X R...

By k_dolley

Starting out as a singer, songwriter, and composer, she was penniless, and almost nothing. In only a few mont... More

Prologue
Questions
Thoughts
Independence

Acquaintance

134 0 0
By k_dolley

Narrator's POV

"-here?" Killua paused with he eyebrows in confusion. 'Wow, coincidence not.' Kurapika thought as he was turned around facing the girl with a couple of guys surrounding her. 'They look like some of her band members.'

Now, Kurapika is not a fanboy, or even a fan, but he just supports the girl, and listens to her music whenever it comes by. He will have to admit though that he does have a few downloaded to his cellphone. Noticing his friend's state, he asked him to proceed.

"I can't." Killua said. 'Not right now, especially with her abilities, it is not a good time.' He changed his train of thought to food. Shaking his head 'no', Kurapika got tbe message as they both ordered dinner. Not a dinner date, but just as friends hanging out, and catching up.

The (hair color) haired girl was with two other guys. One with an athletic build, wearing a black longsleeve with a few prints on it, and the other being a little more skinnier yet broad. He wore a short sleeved white buttoned up dress shirt with no print. The slightly more athletic one had black hair with an undercut, along with bright grey eyes, while the other had longer dyed dark blue/purple hair that was neatly tied into a man bun. His eyes were almost as light as caramel.

The trio laughed, as they made their way to the counter instead of waiting at the table, asking for a take-out order. "Azen, knock it off, you're acting stupid again." The female teen said as she wiped her tears of laughter from her (eye color) eyes. Azen, who seemed to be the one in black laughed before snorting, then laughing again. "Oh yeah? Well guess what?" He asked her mockingly.

(Y/N) scrunched her nose up and glared at him. "What?" She asked.  Taking a deep breath without watching his volume, with a loud voice he said, "Your fart is so stink, it doesn't even go anywhere, it just lingers." He said before cracking up again. The girl's face was in shock, as she never did fart, but he was just saying it outloud to embarrass her. "Oh my gosh, do you want to live to see nineteen years old?!" The girl threatened.

As the customers were all looking at her she bowed over, and over saying she didn't fart, and she swore on it.

After the commotion settled down, the male with the white shirt went up, and grabbed their ordered food before walking out.

Kurapika looked at Killua expectantly wanting an explanation. After eating his last cookie, Killua chugged his water before speaking. "I met her yesterday at the park, and she pretty much sang my whole life story." Seeing Kurapika perplexed, he went on. "She can read minds, and can technically look into someone's past. Similar to that time me, and Gon met that Pakunoda lady when we accidentally crossed paths with the mafia." The older male froze hearing that name before returning to his regular self instantly. "So she is a specialist? She really doesn't seem like the type to know nen, and she looks like your average highschool girl. Why?" Killua shrugged. "Well, I guess I should get going. I need to get back to my place and rest so I can carry out all my things from 'home'. See ya' later, Kurapika."

And with that, he paid for his meal, and left.

On his way back to his apartment, Killua's phone buzzed with a few notifications, and soon a call.

Unknown Caller-

"Hello?" The voice of a young man was heard. More of a late teen.

Killua answered back.

"Oh, hi?"

"I'm calling about your ad. You need a roommate?"

"Yeah man, I do. Are you within XXX district? Cause if you'd like, we can meet up later tonight or tomorrow for an interview." Was he desperate for a roommate? Yes. The sooner, the better. Or so he thought.

"Tomorrow morning, I can do. Where's the location?" Killua thought about it and decided to pick a cafe near by.

"The blue corner cafe by the park, 11 a.m. Can I have your name?"

"Adrian Reyes." And with that, the call ended.

Killua's POV

I went to one of the apartment's open house which was one of the few I was looking at in the library. There's some that caught my eye, but I don't need much. I just need a good location, decent pricing and space.

The apartment was two blocks from school so I started heading towards the opposite side of the café where I had dinner with Kurapika. It's evening and I didn't eat til now. I'll probably wake up at 12 in the night, and eat again.

When I arrived to the apartments, I observed the area. I used to walk around here, but didn't pay any mind to it at all. If I am going to be living here, I need to calculate all the possible exits just in case aniki comes. I doubt it because father said I will be on my own, but I can never be too comfortable.

The building was a light peach/brown color and had a bright feeling. It had a small vintage look to it, but as long as its affordable, I'll keep it in mind.

Walking up the stairs to the designated floor, and door, I walked into the room. There was a few people here, but mainly college students. Hopefully I would be able to place a higher bid here since it's closer to everything.

The moment you walk in, there's a large polished black wooden table, and bamboo styled floors. The walls were white, with a minimal of 5 cracks in the paint, but it was alright. I was then introduced by the landlord who came forward to me, and she smiled.

The landlady was a elder women, maybe in her late 60s, but looked fairly young for her age. I asked her a few questions about the place, and the cost. '$890 a month is a pretty decent deal, and all I need to do is water the plants outside, and be mindful of the neighbors. There is three bedrooms, but they are fairly small, and one bathroom, but it's okay. Three is more than enough, especially with a roomate, and this price.' I thought about it for a while, and gave her my information. After a few more questions, I thanked her, and decided to head back to my hotel.

The walk back was calming, and I watched as people around me were smiling and minding their own business. Families were everywhere, smiling, laughing, and friends that are taking pictures. I hope time will go by faster so that I can make my own decisions as an adult. I don't need to worry about my family, their blessings, and beliefs.

I know I don't have a goal in mind, or anything specific of what I want to do, but I know what I want. I want to have a future where I can decide my own path, and be proud of who I am. Who I am now, I am not happy with myself.

I want to have a family. One that I can love unconditionally, and have love me back genuinely. I smiled at the thought, and pictured it in my head clearly as I turned my attention to the ground.

I remembered Gon. He had his aunt, grandma, and his father who cared for him very much. Even the girls in school loved him for his charisma, and kind, bright personality.

And now I wonder. Who would love me? My hands are filthy, and my family is insane. All those people I've had to dispose of, I felt nothing as everything ended with a flash for them. I shook my head. I shouldn't be thinking about this, it's not good to have bad thoughts at night.

When I finally arrived at the hotel, and entered the lobby, I decided to get a quick snack before heading up to my room. I walked into one of the cafés which was thankfully a 24 hour open service. The cashier was a guy who was in his early 20s, and seemed to just graduate highschool. He glanced boredly at me before watching his phone. Seeing as I didn't leave, he asked me what I was ordering.

After placing my order, I sat down on one of the many empty tables just as someone walked in. He seemed familiar, but I couldn't place my finger on where I saw him. I shrugged it off, and decided to check my phone. A few more notifications about roomates, and jobs popping up, but I'll look at them tomorrow. Today was already as long as it is. Going on YouTube to search up a specific singer, let's give her a try.

I plugged my earphones in, and randomly pressed on one of her music videos.

Immediately, I dimmed the brightness on my phone, and brought it closer to my face in embarrassment to hide the reason for my warm cheeks.

She so looked beautiful, and carefree as she wore a beautiful white gown. It looked elegant compared to her public concert outfit. Is this really the same girl who was singing, and swaying on stage to alternative music?

It seemed her make-up was natural, but with a few spots of glitter and gold. With every lyric, and note, she hit them all perfectly. She sang of being in love, and leaving soon. Is this from her real experience?

The lyrics contained many feelings, and making everything last forever in a night.

As she laid in bed, I heard a tapping on my table, and looked up the the employee. "Your order." "O-oh! thank you, and sorry about that." I feel suddenly flustered. I shoved my phone into my pocket, and bit my lip looking to the side. 'Gosh, thats embarrassing being caught, and actually getting distracted.' I sighed, and relaxed for a bit.

"Hey, sorry to bother you, but was that one of  (Y/N)'s music videos?" I stared at him, and coughed a little. It was the guy who cam in. "Idiot. How can you call someone out like that?" Shit. I really need to get more friends because I am awkward as hell.

"Don't worry about it. I'm actually a fan of her as well-" "I'm not a fan. I just wanted to check her out."

"..."

"Not in that way!!" I crossed my arms, and looked away flustered. He smiled at me before taking a seat to my left. "My name is.. Zane. And you are?" He asked. He ran his fingers through his black undercut, and stared stared at me with his grey eyes.

"Killua." He's not telling me his last name, so neither will I. He smiled before shaking my hand. As if my hand was a power switch, he suddenly started smiling, and chatting the night away on how he is a big fan of (Y/N), and how he will always support her, and such. It was weird, and how he would know so much about her.

But you know what?

It was nice having someone to talk to, so happily, and carefree. We then got off the topic of her, and into other things like school, sports, and goals.

~Author Note~

How are you guys liking the story?
Please give me feed back on what you think :,< it helps alot💗

I hope you guys are enjoying it because honestly, I'd say this is my first real/modern<ish> fanfiction. I am trying to become a more serious writer, so please, again, lmk in the comments what you guys think.🤧

I had this idea since 2017 and I never knew who to write on. My usual thought process is to come up with descriptions first, then find a character to match them🙇‍♀️
I might not be able to write much though, because I have to start prepping in a bit 🥺

But please, feel free to check out my other works , and be safe💗

Mahalo,

k_dolley

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 7K 97
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
1.3M 56.9K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
743K 27.4K 102
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
138K 15.7K 22
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...