Don't Give Up || A Pearl Harb...

By justakid_kid

Alissa Warren is a girl who was taught to fly at the age of six, she's been flying everyday since then. But a... More

ONE
THREE
AUTHORS NOTE

TWO

360 5 0
By justakid_kid

Today, December 6th 1941.
Was the last full day for some of us.

We were hanging around the beach and the Arizona. I had a bad gut feeling about tomorrow, and a bad feeling about Betty.
"Betty, I'll catch up later. But if your asleep before I get home, just know I love you and your the best friend I could ask for"
"You too Alissa" she hugged me and walked away, that was out last hug ever but I didn't know it, neither did anyone else.

It was just me, Evelyn, Rafe and Danny.
"I got a bad feeling about tomorrow" I say
"Why?" They all ask at the same time
"Don't know just do"

Me and Evelyn walk home, the boys and a few other guys are sleeping in the car after the bar.

I slept for an hour and just dressed.
I headed to the hanger, Earl is up right about now.
I get there and he isn't surprised
"You good, you seem shaken up"
"Got a bad feeling about today"
"Me too, you think the Japs comin?"
"Very much" I respond.

We heard a loud bang and looked at each other.
"Shit" we yell and run to get guns.

We got guns, ammo, and then went to my plane.
"Stay in the clouds kid. I'll be talking through the headset. If you need help say it"
"I love you like a father Earl, whatever happens tell Danny hes a Dad"
he nods and you start the plane.
you get in the air.

Evelyn's Pov:
There was a loud bang, it was a bomb.
We woke up but Alissa wasn't there. We couldn't look for her we had to get to the hospital.
We didn't see Betty either.

Danny's Pov:
We woke up to planes soarin low to the ground.
"Navy practice this early?" I ask
Then a guy who's a commander runs to us.
"GO GO GO!! THEY AINT THR NAVY ITS THE JAPS!!"
Rafe stepped on it, we pulled into the hanger, only thing on my mind was Alissa.

We had to duck cause they were over us.
"They're gonna blow this place up, get a plane Danny and Rafe." Earl ordered.
we did as he said and took off.
we saw as our friends were getting injured, killed, or hiding.
Earl was in the tower with Sam.

There were six of them and then a plane swooped next to me and Rafe. It was Alissa.

Alissa's Pov:
I swooped next to them, they had six on them. So we each took two.

"Alissa kid, you better do that trick you were talking about"
"Yes sir"

you swooped up and down causing the planes to crash.
Danny and Rafe each for one off them. But then another two came after you. Shit. I mentally groaned.
"Earl!! TWO MORE ARE ON ME"
"Take em down"
I nodded and flipped the plane and shot them down.
"Good one kid. Danny and Rafe Get theirs done but bad news"
"Spill it Earl!"
"You got another three"
"SHIT" you yell
"Earl get in the tower. I'm gonna fly by and you HAVE to shot them in the head, hear me?!"
"Already up here. Bring em in"
I skinned the air and heard Earl countdown
3....
2...
1..
BAM BAM BAM

"Nice shot" I had tears down my cheek and another plane left.
so I drove into the smoke of the Harbor.
I wasn't ready for what I saw that day, dead body's everywhere, boats in ashes or halves. People trying to break open the boat to save their buddies. The Japs went back, we made sure of it too.
I landed and Danny ran over to me.
"Y-you see the Harbor?"
"No, how bad is it?"
"Real bad."

We sat in silence.
"Never seen that flip thing before" Rafe said
"Yeah, learned it when I was 7"
"Proud Of you kid" Earl said patting my shoulder.
"We gotta get to the hospital!"

We ran in between what was left of this once called paradise.
We walked in and the boys had to donate blood so I helped around.
You won't believe who I saw. Talisha.

"Talisha!" I yelled running over to her badly burnt body
"A-Alissa! Oh I've missed you so much. Hey remember when I'm gone?"
"You ain't gonna die baby"
"Alissa, help the people who have a chance. Please, they need as much help on that Harbor as they can get."
"Tal no please."
"I love you Alissa" the she went limp
"So much for best friends forever hug?" I say to myself. I had to pile her on the other body's and really want ready for this.
I saw my best friend. Betty, a girl who was once full of live, energy, a contagious smile, and shiny eyes"
Barbra walked in with puffy eyes
"Her last words were for me to tell you that she loves you than life it's self and told me to tell you to keep flying"
"Thanks Barb"
i give my now dead beat friends hand a squeeze and walk out.
Danny and Rafe are waiting for me.
"We need to help at the Harbor, to recover any bodies." Rafe said
you nod "stay safe, love you guys"
"Love you too" They say at the same time.
+++
Around 3:30am everything that has been done is done.
We all walked through the streets of our now destroyed city, to home.
We were silent all night, remembering how this house was once full of happiness and laughter, or staying with our boys, or even just sitting around in the hospital.
"She didn't deserve this" I say
"We know. Out of everyone she shouldn't have died"
we all agreed and fell asleep.
***
We woke up and wore black dresses and heels.
We meet up with our boys and went into the hanger where the coffins were.
We walked Betty's first, I was the last one to go because they knew we were the closest.
"Hey Betty. I know your here listening right now, you deserved a better life, a better ending with Red. He really loved you Betty so did I. You were the one who always cheered me up, and now when i need it most your gone. I miss your smile, laugh, and shiny green eyes, and can't forget the way you adore your friends. You were only 16 Betty, you deserve so much more. Take care up in heaven ok? I love you"

You sobbed and Danny held you.
"I need to see Talisha" they let you go to her coffin.

"Hey Talisha, long time no see, huh. It's been awhile. Since we where what? 9! It's crazy how time flies. I wish I ran into on the island earlier, so I could see your beautiful self with that amazing smile of yours. Why you? Why anyone? Talisha if anyone knows me like a sister it's you and Betty. Your both gone. Same day too. I love you Talisha, my favorite nurse. Love. Your favorite pilot."

you walk back to everyone when Commander Luni walked to you guys.
"Danny Walker, Rafe McCawley, your on a top secret mission to Japan. Pack your bags and meet at the office. And for you Miss. Warren Commander Dipplefoot needs you now"
you nod
"I'll catch up with you boys later"
+++
You walk in the office and sit down.
"Hello Commander Dipplefoot"
"Hello Ms. Warren, heard what you did yesterday. Care to explain?"
"If you'd like. Well the I woke up early that day and went to the hanger to visit Earl, I didn't get much sleep that night cause I had a bad feeling. Then we heard the sound of bombs and grabbed gun ammo and I fueled a plane I've been working on. I went in the clouds and waited for Danny Walker and Rafe McCawley to get in the air, so when they did I flew next to them taking two of the Japs. We each had two. Then he got rid of them and I got 4 more to crash. If I could go back I wouldn't change a thing, because I defended my country and I'm proud"

he smiled "we know it's against the law for women to be in the military, especially pregnant woman. But Mr. Roosevelt sees something in you. Him and the rest f the US government want you to go on the mission with Danny, Rafe, Earl and Sam. It's top secret you know what that means?"

Rafe and Danny walked in with Sam and Earl.
"It means when it's done, your relatives get your medal" Rafe said
"So Ms Warren. Will you have the honor to be the first woman to join the military, get a badge, and go on a mission? Oh and my bad! Steve and Red are going too"
I thought of what I could loose.
1.) My Baby
2.) My friends
3.) My Boyfriend.

"Yessir. I'd be greatly honored"
he shook my hand and I turned around.
"Let's pack?"
they all nodded.
+++
We meet at a gas station a few blocks away from the plane with the girls.
"Did you tell Danny yet?" Barbra asked
"No."
"You planning on it?" Maria asked
"Yeah"

You guys do a group hug.
"Don't miss me too much." You say making them smile a little.

we are at a place waiting for training.
"Danny. I need to tell you something"
"I need to ask you something."
"Go ahead,"
"Will you marry me?" He pulls out a diamond ring.
"Yes"he slides it on my  finger and we  kiss.
"What did you need to tell me?" He asked
"Your Uh... Dad"
"Really?"
"Mhm"
"That's awesome!" He says hugging you which you return.
+++++
We are waiting in a line when every guy but you is told to try to lift the plane before a certain line.
Earl saw that and spoke up "Commander Lemmeno, Sorry to interrupt but Ms. Warrens flying skills are better than anyone's here. She actually started at the age of 6"
"Fine I'll give her a shot"
you get in the plane and look at the boys. Earl, Danny, Rafe, Sam and Red.
they give you a thumbs up and you smile.
the plane lifts up before the line. sweet first person here besides that grumpy dude, not to bad.
I land the plane and walked over.
"Did I miss anything?" I ask with a grin.
"No Ms. Warrens you did not"
"Good" I say high fiving all the boys.

After a few more hours we head to bed.
But that grumpy guy pulled me aside.
"I know your pregnant, but can you fly a third plane with some other guys? Their names are Smith and Tom."
"Yessir"
he smiles "sleep tight"
+++
you wake up and get dressed in the military uniform, with your hair in a low bun.
you meet the guys near the planes.
"Fancy seeing you here, Alissa" Steve said with sarcasm
"Hey! Don't talk to my fiancé like that"
"Sweet! Congrats!" They all say and we thank them.

Me and Danny  kiss before getting on our planes.
Rafe first, Danny second, me third.
++++
We've been communicating and we are now low of fuel.
"Low on fuel, repeat low on fuel!" Rafe said.
"Still got some left" Danny said
"Same here" I say

"I SEE LAND!! I SEE LAND!!" I heard Red say.

We fly over a city which was bombed from people earlier, we ended up in a can field.
"We need to crash land!" I yelled.
"BE SAFE GUYS!! EMBRACE FOR IMPACT" Rafe said.
+++
Rafe and I landed fine but we had to run over to Danny's plane and drag them out.

"Shit, Japs" Tom muttered.
"Shit. We're screwed" Red says stuttering.
we loaded our guns.
the japs surrounded us.
they said something in broke English like "one will die" and stuff like that.

Steve dropped his gun "Me"
then I couldn't bare to see this.
He was shot more than twenty times, everywhere and anywhere.
I got mad so did everyone else. We out numbered them so we easily took them down.

I didn't realize it but my leg was shot.
when we got on the plane that picks us up we got checked out.
"My. Warren, you aware of your gun wound?" The paramedic asked on the carrier.
"N-no"
"Well it's not deep, but we need to clean it out that's all."
he cleaned it out and you walked to Danny's room.
He got a few stitches, Rafe got cuts and bruises other wise fine, Red got a concussion, Tom broken arm, Smith a few broken ribs and finally Earl.
We didn't realize how bad he  got it, but the paramedics said he'd be fine.

I got cleaned up and sat on the runway which wasn't in use.
i looked at the sky.
"Dad, Mom, you proud of me? I'm the first woman to do this. Betty, I found out how many kids I'm having! Two girls and one boy. I'm gonna name one after you. Talisha, Same for you I'm naming one after you. And Steve, oh Steve. Your the bravest man I know and a hero too. I'll take care of Susan for you, and my son will be named after you."

You walked inside to Danny.
"Hey bubs"
"Hey Love"
"I have names in mind for the kids"
he sits up and I sit next to him.
"Kids?"
"Yeah, there's two girls and one boy"
he smiles
"The girls Betty and Talisha and for the boy, Steve"
he smiles even wider
"I love it" we then kissed, well made out.
we fell asleep in the bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.4K 776 16
Everybody knows Black's story. He was put in Azkaban for a crime he didn't commit, he was the first wizard to escape Azkaban, he went after Peter Pet...
1.1M 61.4K 38
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
860K 52.9K 117
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
2.4K 60 12
Betelgeuse was supposed to go back to the Netherworld after bidding farewell to the Maitland-Deetzes, he wasn't supposed to be stuck - his soul trapp...