Dreams of Eden (Ace of Queens...

By marcyswales17

When Alec Radacovick becomes the head Queen's guard he feels as if he is on top of the world. For once, every... More

CH.1 Birthday Wish
CH.2 The Heywood
CH.3 Good Luck Cookies
CH.4 Sing Along
CH.5 Sunbathing
Ch.6 Sunflowers
CH.7 Strawberry Frappe
CH.8 Keeper
CH.9 Vessel
CH.10 Family Secrets
CH.11 Sunshine
CH.12 Three days and three nights
CH.14 Bring me the moon
CH.15 Sleeping Beauty
CH.16 The other woman
CH.17 Posey's Crimes
CH.18 Hands to myself
CH.19 Stolen kisses
CH.20 One of a kind
CH.21 Professor
CH.22 Hold your peace
CH.23 Life of Pi
CH.24 Under the stars
CH.25 Through the looking glass
CH.26 Empty promises
CH.27 A Prince & His Princess
CH.28 Nothing but the truth
CH.29 As you wish
CH.30 Garden of Eden
CH.31 Restoring the balance
CH.32 Remember me
CH.33 Mother
CH.34 Arden
CH.35 Fruit of the dead
CH.36 Marked
CH.37 Take me home
CH.38 The Sun
Epilogue

CH.13 Meet me at Midnight

11K 823 334
By marcyswales17

Chapter 13

Alec didn't bother doing anywork for the rest of the day. His brain hurt from everything going on in his life. Work was the last thing he could focus on.

As he sat in his office thinking about everything, his wolf howled with joy every time Eden popped into his mind. A few times, Alec found himself smiling as he thought about the girl.

His mate.

Eden Heywood.

He had a mate. And she was nothing like he's ever known before. She was slowly starting to occupy every single corner of his brain. Suddenly, it seemed as if everything he did from that day forward would forever be about her.

But just as those thoughts would lift up his spirit, a dark cloud would start to rain over his parade.

Grace......

Finding out about Eden would destroy her. They had both known it was a possibility that maybe one day Alec would find his mate when Gemma's potion worked. But after almost three years of it not working, the possibility of it seemed like a childish fantasy. They had both invested so much into the relationship. They had a child on the way....

Alec groaned as he felt his brain start to throb. He couldn't find any kind of an end to this problem his life had grown into. He wished he could go back in time and redo everything.

There were so many things he would redo. For one, he wouldn't join the king's guards. Two, he wouldn't break Avni's heart. And three...... he would wait an eternity for Eden.

Just then, there was a hard knock on the door. Alec picked up his head and found Grace walking in.

"What happened?" She asked with a frown. "It's almost 5."

"Shit," Alec jumped up from his chair. "The appointment."

Grace sighed and walked out of the office, leaving Alec to follow behind her.

"It's only the first appointment, Alec," She said over her shoulder. "I can't believe you forgot."

"I didn't forget," Alec said with irritation. "I lost track of time."

"This baby should be your first priority."

"Trust me," Alec rolled his eyes. "It's my only priority right now."

"It doesn't seem like that," Grace said. "Really, Alec....is something on your mind? You don't seem excited about this baby. I do-"

"Grace," Alec said sternly, making her pause. He walked up to her and looked into her clear blue eyes, making sure she saw how much he meant the words he was about to say. "Don't for a second think I am taking this child lightly. You know how much I wanted this. You have no idea the things I'm willing to give up for my child."

Grace pushed her shoulder back as she took a long deep breath. Alec watched as she reached out and picked his hair.

"I know how much this means to you," she said quietly. "I just don't want you to get distracted."

"That's not going to happen," Alec said as he stopped her hand from playing with his hair. Her warm fingers bothered him as he held her hand tightly and began to walk towards the medical wing. Alec found himself wishing her hands were cold......ice cold.

For the rest of the afternoon, Grace did all the talking. She mostly talked about the baby, showing Alec various pictures of nurseries and baby outfits. Alec smiled through all of them as he agreed with all of her plans.

After a short weight in the waiting room, Dr. Cooper called them in and went over all the information they both needed to know. When she then asked Grace to lay down Alec moved forward and helped his fiance. He watched as Dr. Cooper applied a white jelly to Grace's stomach and moved the sonogram wand over it.

When the monitors came on and Dr. Cooper pointed out the little sac on the screen, Alec felt his heart drop to the pit of his stomach.

This was real. This was happening. He was going to be a father.

He stood speechless as he watched the screen. There wasn't much to see, just a tiny dark sac surrounded by gray space.

A whole universe was growing in there.

The corners of Alec's lips turned up as pictured how happy Eden must be. He could almost hear her shrikes of laughter. He needed to see that brilliant smile on her face. But as he looked down and Grace's blank face laid in front of him, Alec felt his insides twist.

Fuck, Alec thought.

She wasn't Eden.....

"How far along am I?" Grace asked.

"I would say about 5 week," Dr. Copper said.

"Okay," Grace nodded.

Alec felt a ping of irritation at how formal she was being. She asked her questions as if she was interviewing the doctors.

After the appointment, Alec couldn't hold back his irritation. He questioned Grace's lack of joy and turned the table on her.

"I am the mother of this child," Grace shot back. "I can show my happiness anyway that I want."

"A smile would have been nice."

"I will smile when I have this baby and my body goes back to the way it was,"

"What?" Alec blinked in disbelief.

"Do you have any idea what having a baby does to a woman's body?" Grace rolled her eyes. "Forgive me for suddenly being a little scared."

"I...." Alec didn't know what to say. "I'm so sorry. I didn't stop to consider that."

"No, of course you didn't," Grace laughed. "All you think about is having a baby and making your wish come true."

"Grace...." Alec narrowed his eyes. "You're speaking as if I pushed for us to have a baby now."

"So you don't want this baby," Grace folded her arms over her chest.

"I never said that!" Alec pulled at his hair. "Stop putting words into my mouth! Seriously, you were never like this before. What's gotten into you?"

"Alec, just stop it," Grace held up her hand. "You're stressing me out. Dr. Cooper said I need to be stress free. What's the point of me taking leave from work if you're just going to add stress to my life?"

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry," Alec quickly apologized as he rushed forward. He felt his wolf shake it's head furiously as he pulled Grace into his arms. "I'm sorry, baby."

"No more fighting," Grace said.

"I promise," Alec agreed. "No more fighting."

That night, after Grace had gone to sleep, Alec laid awake next to her. There was no hint of sleep in his eyes as he thought about picturing Eden in the doctor's office over and over again.

He felt disgusted with himself. He knew Grace didn't deserve this. Eden definitely didn't deserve this. She had already gone through so much in life. He wanted to hold her in his arms and keep her safe from everything and everyone.

But Alec's hands were tied behind his back. The gods must be playing a cruel joke on him. This had to be his punishment. His mate was right in front of him, but he couldn't' even think about touching her.

The pressure in his mind started to reach monumental heights. He felt his lungs close up as breathing became harder and harder.

Unable to help himself, he opened his link and called Owen.

Are you asleep? Alec asked.

No, we just got Cleo to bed, what's up? Everything okay? Owen answered.

You have a moment to speak?

Yeah, yeah. What's up?

I'll meet you in your office. Alec said as he silently climbed out of bed. He grabbed a hoodie from the dresser and slipped out of the room.

The palace was dark and quiet as a mouse. The grandfather clocks ticked loudly downstairs as Alec walked past them to Owen's office.

"What's the matter?" Owen asked as Alec neared his office. "Everything okay? You look stressed as hell."

"Let's talk inside," Alec said as he pushed his hands into the pockets of his hoodie.

Owen looked at him with concern as he unlocked the door and stepped inside. Alec followed him before shutting the door.

"What's up?" Owen took a seat at the edge of his desk. "You're scaring me."

"Grace is pregnant," Alec spilled.

Owen straightened up with surprise as he shook his head clear, "Wow! Um....congratulations."

"Eden is my mate."

Owen's mouth hung open as he narrowed his eyes at his brother, "Excuse me?"

"Yeah." Alec sank into the chair in front of his brother. "Gemma and Adam's potion worked.....slowly, took three days. But it worked."

"What are you going to do?"

"I don't fuckin' know!" Alec said. "I'm going insane."

"You need to tell Grace."

"I can't," Alec shook his head. "She's gonna lose it and I can't risk any harm to the baby."

"I understand that," Owen said slowly. "But what about Eden?"

"I don't know," Alec shook his head.

"You can't keep saying that," Owen frowned.

"I don't have the answers!" Alec said frustrated. "Help me!"

"Okay, oaky. Relax." Owen held up his hand. "Does Eden know that you are mates."

"No."

"And obviously Grace doesn't know."

"Correct."

"Okay," Owen nodded. "What is your main reason for not telling Grace?"

"I don't want any kind of stress on her right now. I can't risk the baby being hurt."

Owen nodded once again. "And you want this child?"

"Of course."

Owen's brows furrowed as he thought about Alec's delama. His brother watched him from his seat as the hands on the clock ticked.

After several minutes, Owen looked up and sighed.

"There is only one thing you can do right now," he said slowly. "I don't recommend it because there is a possibility Eden will hate you afterwards, but she's your mate so she might understand. Grace will definitely hate you with all her guts."

"What is it?" Alec asked.

"You keep your mouth shut until the baby is born," Owen said with a strange look in his eyes. Alec knew his brother hated the idea. "Again, I don't recommend it. At all.....it's wrong. Mavi will kill me. But......it takes care of the issue of not harming the baby."

"Fuck," Alec groaned as he rolle dhis head back.

"I still think you should tell Grace and see where things go."

"But the baby..."

"Alec," Owen looked at his brother with all seriousness. "Mavi was pregnant with Cleo when she took the throne. Do you know the amount of stress she was under?"

Alec sat quietly without answering.

"I would hate for Grace to get hurt in all this," Owen continued. "But I think it's best if she hears it now rather than later."

"I know," Alec sighed. "I know I should tell her.....but Owen, you don't understand. I....I can't lose my child, again."

"You will have kids Alec," Owen patted his brother's shoulder. "Nothing is going to happen to your baby."

"The gods are not going to keep giving me second chances," Alec shook his head. "I can't keep fucking up."

"You're not," Owen told him. "This is life. Shit happens."

Alec sighed once more, running his hand through his hair, "I don't know man."

Owen got off the table and put his hand on his little brother's shoulder, "Look....at the end of the day, do what you think is right. If this baby is your priority then do what you have to."

Alec gave him a nodd, "Thank you."

"Anytimes," Owen moved closer to the door.

"Owen," Alec called out.

"Yeah?"

"Don't tell anyone about all this.....I mean I know you're gonna tell Mavi but tell her to keep her mouth shut."

Owen laughed, "Watch it. You're talking about the Queen."

"She's my sister in law first," Alec laughed.

"Get some sleep, Alec." Owen said as he walked out of the office.

Alec didn't move right away. He sat in the dimly lit room and thought everything over in his mind. There was so much going on. If he did what Owen suggested, there was no doubt Grace would hate him. But his child would be safe.....

He didn't know how Eden would feel after knowing he hid their secret for so long, but Alec was sure he would find some way to win her over. She would understand, right? Eden knew how Alec felt about losing his first child, she would understand why he did what he did.

After a very long time, Alec finally looked up. He was startled when he realized he had been sitting in the office for almost two hours. With a sigh, he got up from the chair and switched the light off.

The office door clicked shut behind him as Alec moved through the empty halls. He had just made it to the stairs when the scent of pomegranate and peaches reached his nose. He stopped immediately as his wolf stirred awake and sniffed the air.

With one foot on the stairs and his head hanging low, Alec inhaled the scent, letting his lungs fill up with it as he allowed himself a moment of happiness.

But as he stood there, the scent got stronger and stronger. Was she......

Alec whirled around and found Eden standing a few feet behind him. Her golden hair was pulled back into a half undone bun, her clothes rumpled as if she just rolled out of bed. She looked breathtaking in the dark.

Alec watched her as those brown eyes looked at him quizzically. She tilted her head side way, making her bun wobble over. Her little nose sniffed the air before she took a step forward.

"Do you smell pine.....and mint?" She asked.

"What?" Alec held his breath. He knew exactly what she must be smelling.

"The smell...." Eden said waving her hand in the air as if moving the scent closer to her. "It's been driving me insane."

Alec forgot how to move as he watched Eden step closer and closer to him. He watched as she sniffed the air and took the last step before she was inches away from him.

"It's you," Eden made her conclusion. She closed her eyes and inhaled his scent for as long as her lungs would allow. Alec's pulse picked up as his eyes danced over her stretched neck and the small goosebumps that appeared over her smooth skin.

"What is that?" Eden asked with her eyes still closed. "Calvin Klein? Dolce and Gabbana?"

Alec found his lips pull back at her guesses. He was amazed by how light he suddenly felt. When Eden slowly opened her eyes, Alec was left shocked by how dilated her eyes were. She gazed at him with the warmth of a thousand suns. His hands itched to reach out and pull her hair free. He knew her skin would be so cold.....it would be a please change form the burning in his heart.

"Eden...." Alec spoke her name in the dark.

"Yes?"

Just as Alec opened his mouth, he felt his link snapp open.

Alec, called out. Where are you?

Alec's mouth shut as he felt the skies crash down on him. Eden waited for him to speak as the light slowly dimmed in his green eyes.

"You shouldn't walk around so late at night," Alec said as he tore his gaze away from her. He forced his body to comply as he started to climb the stairs.but Eden's small voice stopped him.

"Alec?"

Alec paused and looked over his shoulder.

"Can I have your hoodie?" Eden asked.

She watched Alec turn in his spot slowly before he moved back down to meet her at the bottom of the stairs.

"I left all my sweaters in the hotel...." Eden pulled at the long sleeves of her shirt. "It's so cold here."

The two stood around gazing at each other in the dark. Eden hugged her arms around her as Alec began to pull his hoodie over his head.

He bit back the smile when he felt Eden's gaze on his shirtless form. When he looked up at her, she was red as a tomato.

He motioned for her to hold her arms up. Eden complied with her mouth hanging open. Alec pulled the hoodie down her head and took a step back as she pulled her arms through.

"Good night. Eden" Alec said before he turned away.

"Sweet dreams, Alec."

Eden's words echoed in Alec's mind as he hurried to his room. He wiped the smile off his face as he turned to face Grace.

"Where did you go?" she asked with a yawn. "And where is your shirt?"

"I went out for a run," Alec lied.

"Please take a shower before coming to bed." Grace pulled the blanket over her. "I don't want the sheets to get dirty."  

What was your favorite part? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.3K 647 47
Highest Ranking #14 in Hunter 4-12-19 #21 in Warlock 10-25-18 #55 in Demon 1-19-19 #431 in Werewolf 4-15-19 Book One "MATE!" He yelled. I stared at...
52 16 12
Maya is the 20 year old daughter of the lycan king and queen of the West. Her brother Michael is the heir of the throne, and therefore, his life is a...
247K 9.9K 40
*PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN RISK THIS BOOK IS TERRIBLE, ONE OF THE FIRST BOOKS IVE WRITTEN ON WATTPAD! I WAS NOT AS EXPERIENCED AS I AM NOW AS THIS WAS...
100 15 15
"If you want peace, prepare for war" - Freye Sometimes you don't get the privilege of making choices. It is either: walk through the fire and get out...