Thug Luv Pt. 1: Beginnings

By Dizzy_Ono

KD Bryant has just moved from Philadelphia to California with her little brother, the up and coming basketbal... More

Characters Featured
Intro
You Need A Thug
Dope Man
R U Still Down
Street Struck/California Love
Don't Worry/Life or Death
Let Me Ride
Alwayz Into Somethin'/Killafornia
Caution
I Get Around
Twisted
Check Yo Self
All Apologies/Home Alone
Back On the Scenes
Fucked Up
Dedication
Love's In the Air
100 Miles & Running
Company
Creep
Run tha Streetz
Temptation
Rings and Things
All In
Just Me & You

Ghetto Star

276 12 0
By Dizzy_Ono

"You do what now?" I asked crossing my arms.

"I'm a dealer," Darryn said, closing and locking the compartment back, then doing the same to the closet.

"Is that not dangerous?"

He laughed at me and headed to the back of the house, " Nah, you see I'm strapped. Ain't nobody fucking with me."

I followed him to his bedroom, he sat on the king bed and grabbed some black Nikes pulling them on. He had that same ugly brown carpet in his room as there was in the living room. The walls were painted yellow and there were several posters. One was of Tupac on the wall next to the bed, and the other of the Mona Lisa smoking a joint on the wall behind the bed.

"Is there anything else you wanna tell me before we get too far?" I asked leaning against the doorway.

"Yeah, I guess so," he said tying his laces.

I walked further into the room and sat down beside him, "Okay?"

Darryn sighed and sat back up, "You not gonna want me anymore."

"The only thing that'll make me not want you is if you got a buncha baby mamas running around, now what is it?"

"I'm a Blood, KD. I don't just slang, I bang." He admitted looking at me.

My heart sped up at that and it wasn't because it scared me...I kinda liked it.

"Have you ever killed anyone? Been shot?" I was curious.

Darryn shook his head. "Nah neither of those. You don't care about me bangin'?"

"No not at all. It's kind of exciting, I'm worried about you being hurt though..or worse; killed.."

He stood helping me up from the bed. "I try not to get on people's bad side. I don't go tryna fight with crabs like all these other dudes, I just lay low and do my dirt."

"Well that's good, but why bang then if you don't get into any fights and stuff or trouble? Ain't that what it's all about?" I asked as he opened a drawer and got out a red t-shirt pulling it over his head.

Darryn grabbed his hat off the dresser and placed it on his head along with a gold chain. "I already did my share of that shit when I was a little younger. Let's talk about it later after we finish shopping though, ah'ight?"

I shut up asking questions and we left the house heading outside.

It was a bright beautiful day out, I almost went back in and got my sunglasses but Darryn was in a hurry so I jumped in the car behind him.

He had a nice ass car. It was a red Ford Mustang convertible with black leather seats. Tied around his rearview mirror was a red bandana and tied to it was another one that had the Mexican flag on it.

"What's this?" I asked fingering it while he crunk up.

"Oh my dad is half-Mexican. I'm mixed, my mom is black." Darryn said, turning on the radio and sliding Dr. Dre's The Chronic CD in before he backed out.

"That's sexy, you know any Spanish?" I asked turning up the Dre he'd put on.

Darryn smiled, "Nah I don't speak that shit."

Even the way he drove was sexy. He sat leaned back in the driver's seat with one hand on the wheel and the other in his lap right where his nine was in case he had to use it.

I couldn't help but stare.

Darryn glanced over at me, "You good, KD? What you thinkin' about?"

"Nothin'. What? I can't look at you?" I asked turning more towards him.

He smiled as we stopped at a light but didn't say nothing.

"You got a sexy smile, why you be muggin'?" I asked him.

"Girl stop bein' cute and get me that pack of cigs outta the dash," Darryn said laughing at me.

"I'm serious." I opened the compartment, pushed another handgun aside, and got out the pack of Camel shorts along with a red BIC lighter.

He held out his hand but I slid one out of the pack and reached over, pressing it against his lips.

"Keep your hand on the wheel baby, I got you."

Darryn opened his mouth so I could put the cigarette in and shifted it to the corner of his lips to let me light it.

"Thanks KD," he said, inhaling the drag he took.

"No problem," I grinned opening the dash and tossing both things back in.

After a little longer of driving we finally pulled into the mall and parked. I almost got out on my own but Darryn stopped me and got out to open the door for me.

"Awww thank you."

"No need," he said throwing his arm over my shoulder. I hadn't noticed how much he towered over me before, he had to be around 6'2, 6'3.

We headed into the crowded mall and hit a store.

"Pick anything you want KD I gotchu," Darryn said adjusting his hat so it was backward.

I picked out a white and yellow striped sundress and some cute wooden heels, two pairs of daisy dukes, and some Adidas joggers.

"Come look at this shit you like it? Darryn asked me from behind a clothes rack. I went over to him and studied the jean jumpsuit he held up in front of me.

"Yeah that is dope I need something to hug me a little bit," I said fingering one of the buttons.

"You'd look so fly in this, we getting it," Darryn said. "What do you got for shoes?"

"Just these," I said reaching in the basket and finding the sandals.

Darryn looked at them and nodded, "Yeah those are cute. But Ima take you over to this sports store so we can hook you up on some nasty shoe game."

We got everything paid for and went across the mall to the sports apparel shop. I wasn't even in there that long when I saw a single shoe of a pair of all-white high-top Air Force ones. I rushed over to the wall and picked it up.

"You like that plain shit?" Darryn laughed at me coming to where I was.

"I do, problem?" I asked him while I looked for my size.

"These are dude's shoes. You even know what size you wear in those?"

"Yeah I've got a ton back at mom and dad's that Kobe bought me. Size 7." I said.

"You wanna try em on, see how they look?" Darryn asked me.

I shook my head grabbing a box with a 7 in it. "I know how they look. I used to have some but I left them at a "friends" a while back and they got missing."

"Damn I'm sorry well if you see anything else let me know. I got plenty dinero," Darryn said patting his pocket while he followed me to the register.

"I thought you didn't speak Spanish."

He laughed, "I know a couple words thassit."

I sat the shoes on the counter and had the associate grab me a matching size 7. After we paid for those and left the store I felt my stomach growl.

"You hungry? I think it's about lunchtime," I said moving my shoe bag to the other hand.

"Yeah itsa food court in here. I know where we can get some bomb ass burgers."

"We can share fries, it'd be cute," I suggested. Darryn agreed, and when we got there we ordered two cheeseburgers with a large fry and sat down to eat.

"It's good right," Darryn asked me almost destroying his whole burger in two bites.

"Mmhmm," I said nodding and stuffing fries into my mouth.

"See, I like a woman who ain't scared to throw down around me. You look like a little chipmunk," he said busting out laughing.

I rolled my eyes at him and continued to eat. These two girls were about to walk past us but when they saw Darryn they started squealing and rushing over to us.

What the hell?

"Are you that dude from Boyz?" The short fat dark-skinned girl asked.

"Yeah, ma, that's me. Y'all want an autograph or something?" Darryn asked her.

Autograph? I thought to myself, wincing.

"Please!" The other girl was tall and dark-skinned. She kinda looked like Naomi Campbell, she reached in her purse and pulled out a pen and a piece of paper handing it to Darryn.

"This for both of y'all?" Darryn asked. They both nodded excitedly.

"Mia and Amina," the short one said smiling, her teeth were so big and white that I wish I woulda brought my sunglasses.

Darryn made the autograph out for them and sent them on their ways screaming and jumping up and down.

"What was that?" I asked before shoving my last chunk of burger in.

Darryn laughed leaning back in the chair, "I really wasn't planning on telling you because I didn't want you thinkin' I'm a fake G or something. You obviously ain't seen any of the movies I was in."

"Movies?"

"Yeah. Boyz? I shot ol boy, remember?" He said. "Leaned out the window with the double-barrel..."

Didn't ring a bell with me.

"Wow. How you black and haven't seen that?" Darryn asked me.

I laughed "I don't know!"

"I ain't been in one in a smooth minute though. I quit for a little. We can go home, cuddle up in my room and watch Boyz if you wanna," Darryn said, gathering up our trash.

"Yeah let's do that, I wanna see what you got," I said getting up from the table with him.

"Shiiit I ain't got but like two lines but I play a big part in a way, come on let's get outta here."

We left the mall and sped back to the house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

300K 5.8K 53
Mea Savanna, strong, caring and bold. Dropping out of college wasn't in her to do list but after her mother's death; everything went down hell. She d...
538K 24.4K 26
"If you were really my best friend, you'd see that you were the only person I've ever wanted to be with. You've been dating everyone else while I'm j...
182K 8.1K 46
"You got all them girls you fuck with and leave, you never ruin their lives! You made it clear that you don't wanna be with me, just like them, but y...
2.3K 193 12
22-year-old Nimue Nyli Dowell was fresh out of college with little money to her name and left with a boatload of backed-up bills from her oldest sist...