Saving Each Other (todoroki x...

By happpykitty88

It's amazing how the smallest smile masks the deepest scars Sakura Asano isn't your typical average teenage... More

A little bit about Sakura (OC)
Remember
You're Not Serious..
Izuku Midoriya
Getting Closer
U.A. Entrance Exam
Congrats!
First Day
Excuse Me?
You Don't Know Me
Friends?
Attack On USJ
Attack on USJ pt 2
Attack on USJ pt 3
Guilt
Rant
Yoga with the Hothead
Declaring War
Obstacle Race
Cavarly Battle
The Truth
Public Humiliation
Burn
Because I Care
Save Yourself
Fighter
Who do you want to be?
Shoto
Let Go
Shattered Glass
Let it out, the real way
A lil about me
Save Each Other
Moving Forward
Hero Names
Never run away from a challenge
Challenge Match
Defeated
Attack on Hosu
Face to Face with the Hero Killer
Trauma
Recovery
Night Terrors
Because I'll Be Right Here
I Promise
Planning for Final Exams
Distraction
Don't Blame Yourself
Painkillers
Shopping Gone Wrong
Push it down
Two Heroes - Chapter One
Two Heroes - Chapter Two
Two Heroes - Chapter Three
Hello....
Two Heroes-Chapter Four
Two Heroes - Chapter 5
Two Heroes - Chapter Six
Chapter 54

Sweets and Tears

14.6K 421 188
By happpykitty88

3rd POV

After All Might visited, Sakura spent the rest of the day with Aizawa. At first, the teacher was angry with her risking her life like that, but after a bone crushing hug from him and saying "I'm so glad you're okay, kid. Don't ever do that again", they spent the day eating junk food and watching bad television.

Sakura also got a visit from Izuku. She wanted to scold him for being an idiot by rushing to attack the villains head on without thinking. But, she couldn't due to Izuku's one hundred bows and apologizing frantically. She thought his behavior was too adorable. He brought her a delicious bento, which his mother had made for her, and they spent their time together by Izuku telling her how worried their classmates were about her. Izuku didn't ask about what had happened back at USJ, which Sakura was grateful for.

The next day, Sakura was released from the hospital. After saying goodbye to her uncle, she headed out the doors.

When she walked outside, she recognized a certain bi-colored hair boy, leaning against the wall with his hands in his pocket.

"T-todoroki?" She couldn't believe her eyes. 'What is he doing here?'

Todoroki walked over to her, with the same cold expression. "Hey," he greeted bluntly.

"What are you doing here?"

"I heard from of our classmates that you were being released today, so I thought I could walk you home," he shrugged.

Sakura was shocked from his gesture. She was not expecting for him to do this. "Thanks," she says as she smiled.

"Here give me your backpack," the polite boy reached for her backpack that was slung on the injured girl. She was still wearing a arm sling on her right arm.

"Oh it's okay. It's not heavy anyways." But, he still took it off her shoulder and slung it on his. Sakura slightly blushed. 'He really was a gentleman.'

"Should we go?," Todoroki questioned. She nodded and the two started walking.

"Thanks for those flowers by the way. They were really beautiful," Sakura smiles at him.

He looked at the ground. "You're welcome. It seemed like the appropriate thing to do," he whispered shyly.

It was silent for a little while as they walked together. Todoroki was glad to see that his friend was okay. He still frowned at her injured arm. "Don't you have a healing quirk? Can't you heal your injuries?" He pointed at her arm.

The black haired girl shook her head. "I can't heal myself like the way I do with others. Although, the quirk allows my body to recover faster," she explained. She lifted her arm slightly. "This will be all healed tomorrow."

Todoroki just nodded. A couple of more minutes of silence went by. Todoroki was honestly dying to ask her about the quirk that had allowed her to attack with such power. But, he didn't want to pry in her personal life like that. He was thinking of ways how to ask her without stepping on their friendship. He must have zoned out because he didn't hear the girl calling his name.

"Todoroki. Earth to Todoroki," she was calling him for a couple of seconds. Finally she snapped her fingers in front of her face. "Oi!"

Todoroki jerked his head up, his expression now confused. "Huh? What?"

Sakura chuckled. "You were totally zoning out there!" She slightly tilted her head. "What were you thinking about that made your face look so weird?"

Todoroki turned his head to the side as he blushed. 'Dammit. She caught me. What do I tell her?'

She looked forward at the path they were on. "Lemme guess. You wanted to ask about what happened back at USJ, huh?"

Todoroki's eyes widened. "N-no I d-didn't." He silently cursed himself for stuttering.

"You are a terrible liar, Todoroki Shoto," she chuckles as she shakes her head. This only caused the boy to blush even harder.

"I might have been thinking about it," he softly said. "I didn't know you were that strong."

"I'm not. It was my quirk that allowed me to have that strength," she replied.

Todoroki was not confused. 'So she has another quirk? I thought she said she had 3?'
"Wait what do you mean? I didn't think your quirks allowed you to be that strong."

Sakura then looked sideways. Suddenly, she grabbed Todoroki's arm and dragged him to a nearby building.

Todoroki was surprised by her sudden movement. "W-what are you doing?"

He then noticed the building she was dragging him to. It was a small cafe. 'She wants to go in here?? Is she trying to avoid the conversation?'

They both walked in, well Sakura walking in. Todoroki stumbled in due to the girl's firm grasp on his arm. She led him to the counter where a young man that was wearing a black apron was at.

The worker looked at the pair and smiled. "Hello. Welcome to Sweet Cafe! Table for two?" He asked politely.

Sakura finally let go of her confused friend's arm. "Yes, please."

The server led them to a small table. Todoroki had no choice to follow her, a little irritated now.

They both sat down. "What can I get you two?"

Sakura eyes widened. "Can I get a slice of chocolate cake? And he will have a -" She looked at him for him to order. But Todoroki just scoffed. "He will have a slice of strawberry shortcake, thanks," she says as she ignored Todoroki's glare.

"No problem, cutie," the worker says as he winked at her. Todoroki crossed his arms and rolled his eyes. But, Sakura didn't seem fazed at all.

After the server left to get their cakes, Todoroki finally spoke. "Sakura, why the hell did you drag me here?," he hissed.

Sakura shrugged. "You wanted to know about what happened, right? Well in order for you to understand, you need to know the whole story. And the story is rather depressing to tell, so I thought some sugar would help," she spoke casually.

Todoroki eyes widened a little. 'Understand? The whole story? What was she talking about? And why would it be depressing?' Before he could ask, the server came with two plates of the cakes they ordered.

"Here you go. One strawberry shortcake for the gentleman and the chocolate to the gorgeous lady," he flirted. Todoroki glared at the server, but Sakura just thanked him. 'How the hell does she not care about the server desperately trying to flirt with her.' Then he stopped. Why did he care so much?

As she took a bite of her cake, her eyes sparkled. She had a love for cake. Well, she loved anything sweet. She continued to eat, as Todoroki just sat there, watching her.

Sakura glanced up. "You're not going to eat?" she asked while licking the chocolate frosting off her lips.

Todoroki rolled his eyes. "I want to know what you meant about the whole story," he said with a stern voice.

After Sakura finished her cake and Todoroki finally about to lose his patience, she finally spoke. "Sorry, I just really had a sugar craving. I tend to get those a lot when I'm nervous." He noticed that she was playing with her necklace around her neck. He saw that it had two rings on it.

Todoroki's expression softened. "Nervous? What are you nervous about?"

Sakura leaned back on her chair. After tapping her fingers against her leg for a little she asked, "Remember when you asked on the second day in class about my disappearance after my parents were killed?" Todoroki slowly nodded.

"Well on that terrible night, I was kidnapped by these villains. They somehow found out about how I was born with three powerful quirks," she said softly. "These people who took me were doing experiments on people to make them into weapons with powerful quirks."

Todoroki eyes widened. 'She was taken by those people, but then that would mean...'

"They took me so they could turn me into some kind of weapon to destroy all heroes," she said, her voice now low. "For three years, I was experimented on. They did surgeries on me and injected me with these chemicals to make my body stronger," she then slightly lifted her shirt up to show him her scars, not caring if anyone saw.

Todoroki saw only a glimpse of her scars on her side and slightly gasped. He understands now why she didn't judge him for his scar. Suddenly, he felt a pain of guilt in his chest. He remembered how carelessly he asked her about her disappearance that day.

"I was only four when they took me. The man who was in charge of these experiments had a special quirk. To take away people's quirks and to give them to people, unwillingly," she suddenly had a deja vu moment from the talk she had with Izuku.

Todoroki just sat there. He didn't know what to say.

Sakura then felt tears coming to her eyes. 'No, stop crying. If you cry in front of him, you're weak.' She willed the tears to not fall. It was a thing she had mastered greatly.

"That power you saw when I was fighting the villains is not my quirk. That man took the quirk from a hero and killed her," she slightly choked. "And he gave it to me. With no choice, I received it."

Then she smiled sadly. "Just when I lost all hope, I was saved. By the Symbol of Peace himself. He rescued me and raised me himself, making sure nothing bad happened to me ever again," she said as her voice started cracking. Her tears were about to flow.

Todoroki looked at her sadly. He noticed that there were tears in her eyes, but she was holding them back. He wanted to wipe those tears away himself. Her eyes held so much emotion, but she always manages to hide it with a strong face. He couldn't help but admire her strength.

When Sakura noticed him staring at her state, she quickly blinked away the tears. "Are you going to eat that?" She asked as she pulls his untouched cake towards her and started to eat. Todoroki just shook his head and watched her eat. He understood now why she wanted to come here. He recalled how annoyed he acted when she dragged him here and instantly regretted it.

As she was eating, she continued. "When I realized that the quirk I was given was taken from someone, I swore that I would never use it. It wasn't mine to use," she says as she put the fork down. "But, when I saw All Might in trouble, I couldn't help it. It just happened. I tend to lose control of my quirks when my emotions are heightened," she whispered.

"Lose control?"

She slightly nodded as she took another bite. The cake was not as good as before and now tasted bitter to her. "After all the procedures done on me, my quirks became stronger and sometimes I would lose control. That's why I train so much. To let my emotions out that way."

Todoroki expression softened. "Don't you ever let those emotions out, you know, like the real way?"

Sakura chuckled. "No. When I was at... at that place, I would get punished if I cried. So I learned to keep it all in. Only to let those emotions out if I used my quirks."

Then it hit Todoroki. She was just like him. He thought about his left side, how he swore to never use his father's power. He looked at her sad expression and realized that it was like looking in mirror.  He and her were alike in so many ways.

"Anyways, when I used that quirk that time, I became angry with myself." She shook her head. "I don't ever want to use it again."

Todoroki studied her eyes. She was beating herself up over something that wasn't her fault. He saw the guilt in her eyes. "It's not your fault though," he softly said.

She stayed quiet for a few seconds. Then she stared at him, her eyes angry. "The next time I use that quirk, is the day I accept that I am a monster," she said icily. "Just like that Nomu that we defeated."

Todoroki couldn't believe it. She was willing to call herself that. Like she didn't believe that she was just a victim. Like it was all her fault.

"That Nomu," she hissed, "is what I was supposed to be..... what I might be," she whispered.

"So that man that did those terrible things to you, is still out there," he said shakily.

Sakura shrugged, but Todoroki could tell she was scared. "I don't know... he could be."

Todoroki then had this sudden feeling to protect her. He didn't, no he wouldn't let anything like that happen to her again. He put his hand over hers. She looked up in surprise.

"I won't let that happen. I won't let them take you, I promise." His expression now serious.

She was taken aback from what he said. Then she smiled from his gesture. "Thank you, but why would you promise that? Even after I told you everything?" Her head slightly tilted.

Now it was Todoroki's turn to be confused. Then the corners of his mouth slightly tilted up. "Because we are friends and friends are they for each other, no matter what."

Sakura eyes widened at this. Then she slightly chuckled. She remembered telling him those words. "I didn't see you as the poetic type, Todoroki."

Todoroki's cheeks turned pink from embarrassment. Honestly, he didn't know where that came from. But, he felt like he had some kind of connection with her, both of them hiding deep pain inside.

Sakura looked at her watch. "We should go, it's getting pretty late," she says while pulling out some cash.

But Todoroki put his hand up to stop her. "I'll pay," he says while he walks up to the counter. Sakura walked after him, "But, I'm the one who suggested we go here. And the one who hate all the cake," she says while rubbing the back of her neck. She was embarrassed for her huge sugar tooth.

Todoroki shrugged. "I'm the one who wanted to know your story. I know it wasn't easy to tell. So consider this as my payment for letting me to get to know you better," he says while pulling out his own wallet.

As he payed the male server, he glared at him for still trying to desperately flirt with Sakura. But Sakura didn't even notice. Todoroki found it kinda cute how clueless she was about these kind of things. It made her seem really innocent.

As they left the cafe, Sakura turned to Todoroki. "Since it's late, you don't have to walk me all the way home," she reached for her backpack that the boy was still carrying.

But Todoroki just shifted his body before she can grab it. "It's fine. I'll walk you there," he bluntly said. "Besides, it's getting dark and it's not safe for you to walk alone."

Sakura raised her eyes brows. "You know, I can defend myself, right?"

Todoroki smirked. "Oh, I have no doubt about that," he said amusingly. He started to walk ahead, leaving a very red Sakura. "Hey! Wait up!" She ran to catch up.

As they walked together, Todoroki still had another question. "Does your quirk allow you to read people's emotions and thoughts?" He remembered what she said to the villain to make them tell about the weapon they had.

Sakura rubbed the back of her neck. "Ah yeah. I can connect my mind to others, to read their thoughts. I don't do it often, thought," she replied.

Todoroki then stopped in his tracks. Sakura turned to meet his eyes. "Can you share memories too?" Todoroki slightly tilted his head.

Sakura was surprised at his question. "I've never done it, but yeah. If I touch the person and use my quirk, I can share my mind with them. Why do you ask?"

Todoroki just shook his head. "Nothing, just curious," he replied as he continued to walk.

When they arrived at her house, Sakura smiled at the two colored hair boy. "Thank you for walking me home, and for the food."

Todoroki nodded, "Your welcome," he said as he slung off her backpack to hand to her. But, before he gave it to her, he softly whispered, "Why do you introduce yourself to others by only your first name?"

His question made Sakura drop her smile, which almost made him immediately regret asking the question. "I'm sorry, if it's something personal...."

But she just put her hand up and sighed. "No, it's fine. I like to go by first name because hearing my family's name breaks my heart a little." She then grabbed her necklace from the inside of her shirt. "But, I could never change it because it's the only thing I have left from my parents. And their wedding rings."

Todoroki realized that she tended to play with the rings that hung around her neck a lot. Whether it was in class or at training. This made him feel sad.

"Well, you should get going now. It's getting dark, so you should hurry," she said as she tried to smile.

Todoroki nodded. "I'll see you at school, Sakura," he gave a small wave.

Sakura stood outside her house as she watched her friend go. She wondered if it was a mistake telling him the truth about her. But, deep inside, she felt like there was a huge weight had lifted off her shoulders. She also realized her heart was beating faster. She put her hand over chest.

As Todoroki was almost out of sight, she whispered, "Why do you make me feel this way, Todoroki Shoto?"

As she walked inside her house, Todoroki stopped and also looked back. He was thinking of the same thing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 123 15
It's been about 6 years since you've left Japan because your father scored an official hero job in America. Now, thanks to your uncle, you are return...
26K 952 35
"You know, optimistic fools die early but...I like your confidence so I'll let it slide." ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ A broken gi...
2.7K 125 24
___________________________________________________ "This is the story of how we all became the greatest heroes." ___________________________________...
271K 5.9K 62
todoroki x reader [completed] PLEASE STOP READING THIS IT'S SO CRINGE AND I WROTE IT WHEN I WAS A LITERAL CHILD💀💀 ALSO THERE ARE SO MANY PLOTHOLES...