Just This Once | Jaehyun

By hayanblanket

Famous K-pop idol, Jaehyun finds himself wanting a taste of normalcy in his life. However, normalcy comes in... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 01
CHAPTER 02
CHAPTER 03
CHAPTER 04
CHAPTER 06
CHAPTER 07
CHAPTER 08
CHAPTER 09
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
JAEHYUN
JUST THIS ONCE
SPECIAL CHAPTER - Merry Christmas Baby
Special Chapter - HAPPY VALENTINE'S, VALENTINE BOY

CHAPTER 05

680 13 2
By hayanblanket

"The first chance made me fall for you.
The second, I wanted to make you stay."

___________________________________

"I won't leave you here!"

We are already dressed up for the concert, but I have been stalling time for some reason. And Hana is clearly not happy with what I was doing. She's been pissed off with me since the night of her presentation when I told her I didn't want to join her for the concert.

"Please leave me out of your lover's quarrel with your boyfriend. It's literally my birthday and I just want to celebrate this day with you and my boys."

I felt her frustration, but I'm frustrated as well. I really wanted to tell her what happened, but I don't know how she would react. I can't just tell her, 'Hey the Yuno I'm talking to right now happens to be your Yoon-oh.', she'd probably lose her mind.

"How many times do I have to tell you that he is not my boyfriend." She rolled her eyes. "Can't we just get a refund? You can go there some other time, go with your summer camp friends."

"Alex, there are no refunds for this. And I would like to emphasize again that it's my birthday today, in case you forgot. Please, give this day to me?"

So, I decided to just suck it up and let Hana. Aunt Jessica volunteered to drive us to the venue. and before we knew it, we already arrived we immediately went inside and went to our seats. Hana started to prepare her things, from her lightstick to her headpiece that says "Tyong" with hearts all over.

I was holding my phone, contemplating if I should wish him good luck. Although I'm still mad at him, he technically is still a friend. But it would be awkward if I texted or called him to wish them good luck since we haven't talked since the day that I learned about who he really was. Hana told me to talk things out but here I am chickening out.

"Just text him already." I almost dropped my phone when I heard Hana talk. She was too busy wither fangirl stuff so I thought she wouldn't notice me.

"You've been staring at your phone for minutes now. Just make up already. Sulky doesn't suit you." She rolled her eyes at me and continue to take pictures of her light stick with the stage as the background.

I opened my phone and typed a simple 'good luck'. After sending the text, I immediately closed my phone. It's 30 minutes before the start of the concert, I doubt he's on his phone.

"Miss Alex?"

Hana and I both looked at the man who was standing in front of us. He was wearing comfortable clothes and has an ID card hanging on his neck. I nodded at him and he looked at Hana. Hana had a shocked look on her face.

"Stand," Hana ordered me. I was so confused. She greeted the man in front of us, and I followed. The man leaned close to my ear.

"Jaehyun asked me to look for you." It was my time to look shocked. I wasn't expecting this at all. Hana looked at us, her eyes questioning everything that's happening. The man looked at us both before continuing.

"But we have to hurry before people recognize me." We both nodded and followed the man backstage.

"What the hell is happening?" It was supposed to be a question for myself, but I ended up blurting it out.

"I should be the one to ask. What the hell is going on Alex?" She looked at me as we were walking.

Hana held both my arms to stop me from walking. The man also stopped, maybe he sensed that we weren't behind him anymore.

"Alex, do you understand what's happening? That man" He pointed at the man in front of us. "is NCT's Manager. We are now backstage going to God knows where." She gave me a serious look.

"Now, you tell me what's happening."

The man was suddenly beside us and asked if there was a problem. We both shook our heads and we continued walking. Not long after, we reached the room with says 'NCT 127' on the door.

The manager entered the room first and told us to wait outside. Hana, who initially wanted an explanation on what's happening, is suddenly silent, probably thinking if she was dreaming. She pointed at the door.

"NCT 127." She looked at me.

"I'll explain everything at home, I promise." Just as I said that the door opened and the manager, along with other staff went out. He assisted us inside and he closed the door behind us. Then suddenly a man was in front of us.

"Hi! I'm Haechan, you must be Alex." I lowkey was thanking Hana in my mind for the report she made about the members. All the members introduced themselves soon after.

"It's finally nice to see you in the flesh. We've been hearing about you for weeks now." This guy if I remember correctly is named Johnny. I smiled at him because I don't know what to say. Thankfully, Hana faked coughed behind me, so I pulled her beside me.

"This is my cousin Hana, she's a really big fan." Once they knew she was a fan, they went to her and started talking to her. Hana was overwhelmed with the situation but is also not complaining. Must be her best birthday so far.

"Hi."

I looked behind me and saw Jaehyun who had a small smile on his face. He scratched his nape when I gave him a small smile in return.

"Your manager brought us here. How did he know me?" I told him. He nodded his head and told me that he gave the manager a picture of me, taken on the day I gave him my number, so he could find me easily.

He brought me to the corner of the room so we could talk privately amidst the chaos created by my cousin and the members who were in this room.

"I just wanted to apologize personally." He looked at me.

"I know that what I did was awful, and I can never justify what I did. So, I want to say sorry."

"You're apologizing because you got caught." He shook his head.

"I'm apologizing because I failed to consider your feelings when I decided to hide my identity. I just never thought that it would last, it was just supposed to be a temporary escape."

I looked at the members inside the room who were taking photos with Hana.

"But this is you. You're an idol Jaehyun."

"I know that. When I met you, you felt like a breath of fresh air. I got greedy and wanted more of that feeling."

Suddenly the Haechan looked at us and told us that we should all take a picture together, so I walked towards them. After taking the picture their manager peeked at the door, saying that there are only 15 minutes till the concert start. Jaehyun suddenly told Mark to take a picture of us, which he happily obliged.

We immediately bid goodbye to them and wished them luck. We wanted to go out now to give them some time to prepare. On the way out, Jaehyun suddenly grabbed my arm so I looked at him.

"Are we okay now?" He asked hesitantly.

"Go do well with the concert and I'll let you know after."

The concert has ended and now Hana and I are going out to the parking area. Hana clearly still high from the concert. She was telling me stories about what she saw as if I didn't watch the concert with her. I even had to remind her to tell Aunt Jessica that the concert was done. While she was texting her mom, I received a message.

Text Message
Jaehyun

So, about the concert...

You were great.
Congratulations to your group!

Is that your way of saying
that you forgive me?

Maybe...

I accidentally let out a giggle, making Hana look at me with suspicious eyes.

"You still have some explaining to do. I hope you haven't forgotten your promise." I nodded at her. Suddenly a car stopped in front of us. When the window rolled down, we saw Jaehyun inside.

"I'll drive you both home." Hana looked at me with pleading eyes. Before I could even say no, she was already in the backseat of the car holding her phone, maybe texting her mom. So I had no choice but to enter the car. Jaehyun was watching my every move until I looked at him.

"Seatbelt please."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 53 4
What if Ulbert was the leader of Ainz Ooal Gwon? What would Ulbert change in the new world? Will the people of the new world be able to resist him? R...
1.3K 109 18
This is an Alternate Universe where Elizabeth (AU JeongTae Eul) is royalty and James (AU Lee Gon) is a Paladin - one of four special guards to the us...
193K 1.1K 16
🌸Need random character names for your story? 🌸You've come to the right place! 🌸I post random Girl and Boy names in this book.
265K 1.7K 24
• COMPLETED • In which I list book title ideas that I like and recommend.