LONGING || Kimetsu No Yaiba O...

By ablublub0811

LONGING (n.) : A strong desire for something or someone : A strong desire especially for something unattainab... More

CLOSE | Intro
Rebirth | Tokitou Muichirou
Almost | Agatsuma Zenitsu
A Hint of Jealousy | Kamado Tanjirou
Follow | Kamado Tanjirou
Endeavor | Tanjirou x Kanao
Concede | Haganezuka Hotaru
Before It's Too Late | Tomioka Giyuu
Embrace | Ubayashiki Kagaya
Don't Give Up | Tokitou Muichirou
Overprotective | Kamado Tanjirou
ANNOY | Hashibira Inosuke
Library Meetings | Tokitou Muichirou
Elegant and Emotionless | Kamado Tanjirou
Change Everything [1/3] | K. Tanjirou
Change Everything [2/3] | K. Tanjirou
Change Everything [3/3] | K. Tanjirou
Stop | Kaigaku
Be Happy | Kamado Tanjirou
Charmed | Kamado Tanjirou
Truly Loved | Kamado Tanjirou
Flustered AF | Shinazugawa Genya
Don't | Tokitou Muichirou
The Parallel of Me | Obanai Iguro
Very Unlikely | Shinazugawa Sanemi
MANGA SPOILERS | Author's Note
Night Sky | Kamaboko Squad
Revival | Rengoku Kyojuro
So Unfair | Shinazugawa Sanemi
Don't Shy Away | Shinazugawa Genya
The Flawless Bloom | Akaza
The Flawless Bloom [2/2] | Akaza
Screeches | Agatsuma Zenitsu
Disastrous Household | Agatsuma Zenitsu
Tagged | Author's Note
The Red String of Tease | Shinazugawa Sanemi
Ara? | Douma
Weak Little Sister | Tokitou Twins
Nostalgic Meal | Agatsuma Zenitsu
Frozen Feelings | Obanai Iguro
A Relief | Uzui Tengen
Adamantine | Kamado Tanjirou
Feelings Restored | Tomioka Giyuu
Cute Love | Tokitou Muichirou
Office Work Mishaps | Tomioka Giyuu
Summer Solstice | Rengoku Kyojuro
Thank You Not Goodbye | Author's Note

The Flawless Bloom [1/2] | Akaza

6.1K 185 151
By ablublub0811

Let's give Akaza his daily dose of #RespectWomen juice.

Media credits goes to the artist!

Akaza is one of the very few villains that I love.

Enjoy reading!

~~~~~

LONG

ONESHOT

AHEAD

~~~~~

"My life was worthless, filled with nothing but empty promises."
—Akaza, Demon Slayer

~~~~~

Act One:
» SPRING BEAUTY «

Walking in the dead of the night, she hummed a soft melody; her voice filling the eerie silence of the forest. A well-weaven basket slung on her arm, carrying various diversity of flowers.

She looked down at the basket with a contented smile on her lips. Looks like going out tonight to pick some rare blossoms—that are seen easily under the moonlight—paid off.

Her padded feet crunched under the grass, assisting in killing the silence. The moon hid behind the clouds, giving the forest a darker lighting and atmosphere. Suddenly, a heavy feeling settled in her chest and a pit in her stomach formed. Something bad is going to happen tonight and she is certain.

Her basket full of wild flowers crashed on the ground. The petals losing their beauty as they are stepped on. (E/C) eyes widen at the recognition of a few familiar faces. She was down to the ground; blood trailing down from the side of her cheek and her ankle bruising caused by twisting in an odd direction.

The glint of a katana reflected her terrified eyes. Her throat at its sharp tip.

Fear induced deep within her, she asked, "W-what is wrong?"

The man before her spoke, "Having that flower in your possession is forbidden in our clan! What the hell are you thinking?!"

She immediately knew what was talked about. She refuted, "That's my sole memory left from my father and mother."

"We have no choice but to behead you as a consequence of your foolish actions."

Metal blade glinted high and proud in the air. Her eyelids closed shut. She was ready to face her inevitable death.

The wind only swayed her hair.

She thought her ears had finally stopped functioning. She was wrong. She heard the sound of a katana clanking on the dirt followed by others unsheathing their own.

At the moment she decided to open her eyes, her vision was stained with red—the blood of the people she used to call her friends. Their bodies falling to the ground with a thud after suffering an agonizing pain. Her eyes were wide in horror at their unrecognizable deformed bodies. Their heads were crushed and the warm red liquid splattered on her figure.

A figure blocked her vision with a hand reaching out to her.

She focused her eyes on the man before her.

She was convinced this man wasn't human. His overwhelming strength that overtake the assassins of her clan is definitely beyond human capabilities. His outward appearance can also be inferred as inhuman.

She knew of one thing: the lines that decorated his body titled him as a criminal. She was aware of that.

She knew of all these facts yet she took his lending hand as a gesture of gratitude.

As soon as she regained her balance, she fell into his arms, hissing in pain. She had completely forgotten about her twisted ankle. She gripped onto him tightly as her face scrunched up in a grimace.

Not a word was spoken between them. She was brought down to sit on a rock. The unknown man looked around.

She appreciated his concern for her well-being. She took the silence as an opportunity to introduce herself. "I'm (L/N) (Y/N). What's yours?"

The man looked at her, his stare intense. It made her nervous, but she held her composure. She just noticed the Kanji characters encrypted in his yellow eyes. Upper Three. It read. She smiled. I see.

He spoke curtly, "Akaza."

She gave him a warm smile of gratefulness. "Thank you for saving me, Akaza-san."

Silence put up a wall between them. Akaza was still searching for something, anything, to at least apply first-aid to her twisted ankle. Even though she is giving him a smile, he can tell right away from the tiredness and paleness of her face that she is bearing the pain.

"As much as I want to stay and repay you, I really need to go back," she spoke, attempting to stand only to fall. Akaza caught her in his arms.

Akaza was irritated. Weaklings sure are persistent. He stood her upright, aiding her balance with both hands steadying her. "I'll just bring you to your home."

"It's not necessary."

"Tch."

* * *

There was a fond smile on her lips as she arranged the tulips and cherry blossoms to her liking.

"You have a different kind of smile on you today, (Y/N)-san."

She stopped her activity. She gave her full attention on the man before her. "Well, something good happened, Daisuke-san."

"Flowers for your thoughts?" Daisuke gestured over the large basket full of variations of flowers behind him.

Daisuke had promised her to bring her flowers from his journeys to far away places. She was very delighted at the offer. Until this day, he still brought her flowers. Each new variety and familiar bloom brought a smile to her soft lips.

She giggled. "I met a man last night and he was amazing." She couldn't bring herself to label Akaza as a criminal, inhuman, or anything inferior. He was a gentle man despite his cold facade with seemingly deep hatred to weaklings like her.

Daisuke teased, "Ho~ Good luck with him, (Y/N)-san." He looked to his left then back at her. "I'll take my leave. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Of course and thank you for the flowers."

As soon as Daisuke turned around to a corner and disappear, she realized he hasn't bought flowers today from her. It was unsettling for her in the slightest, but she wasn't in the right position to meddle with the traveller's affairs.

Must be fun to venture in far places.

She started to sort the wild flowers from Daisuke.

* * *

Despite the risk of wandering around at night, she took the opportunity to climb the mountains. Just because she almost lost her life the previous night, it doesn't excuse her from her duties. It simply prolonged it.

She sighed. That's just how reality is. She thought. It's earn or die.

Of course, she isn't stupid to not bring something to defend her against assaults. She brought a dagger that was hidden away in her home. At least, she has an average knowledge on how to handle a dagger. She could only hope it is enough for her to get away if the assassins of her clan try to kill her again.

She halted her steps. Even an inexperienced person like her, she could already sense something stalking upon her. Her hand reaching out to the dagger hidden in her kimono sleeves.

She lowered her basket.

As soon as she straightened her posture, she was locked on from behind. Swiftly, she brought her head down from an instant death. Her feet stalked backwards as a demon came tumbling forward and away from her.

She gripped onto the handle of her dagger, taking a stance and aiming its sharp blade at the demon. Her eyes fixed on the demon and the demon alone. She failed to sense another presence coming from an another direction.

"Let me have my fo—" The demon didn't finish its statement as its jaw collided with a fist, hurling the demon high up in the air.

"Akaza-san!" She lowered her dagger. Her head was inclined high. She didn't bother to question the strength of the punch he just performed that sent the demon to the other side of the forest or perhaps to the next mountain.

"What are you doing here? I have to save your enfeeble ass, weakling."

Her hand landed on your chest, feigning a mocked hurt. "I have a name and its (Y/N). Why won't you at least acknowledge my name?"

Akaza has his back leaning against the trunk of the tree. "I will not acknowledge nor remember your name because you are weak."

Her peripheral vision caught a flower. She crouched and picked it. She spoke, "What do you mean by weak? Are you referring to the physical abilities of a person?"

She stood up. She brought the flower close to her face, capturing the mild scent of the flower. "Anyone below you is weak, because you are not human."

"Then, why are you with me?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "You chose to stay after saving me from the demon." She realized something. "Ah, forgive me. Thank you for saving me, Akaza... Once again."

Their eyes meet. Akaza was confused with her. She was supposed to be scared of him. She knew so well that he wasn't human. She was informed he was a demon; one that could kill her this instant (if he could). Yet, she's here, taking her sweet time to pick some flowers placed from random places.

As she returned to her work, she stated, "I may not be strong in terms of physical strength. But, I find my confidence in my will and mental state."

Now that she mentioned it, Akaza was mildly surprised. She didn't react according to what normal people do after their lives are in danger. She just continued what she was doing before the event happened. There was not an ounce of aftershock on her visage when he saved her the previous night and earlier. She was even smiling.

She turned to meet his scanning gaze once again. "Do you recognize people who are strong in that aspect?"

She had a broad perspective and Akaza was impressed but refused to show any signs of it to her.

Her question was answered with silence. A chuckle slipped past her lips. "It's not wrong to be biased. It's part of any living thing's being."

He watched her yawn. Not long after, she bid her farewell.

"I'll see you soon, Akaza-san."

That night, Akaza lay down on her roof, gazing at the stars with a troubled mind.

* * *

"You're here again, Akaza-san," she stated.

It's been a full two weeks before they meet each other again. The summer heat was slowly affecting the low temperature of the cold night. The people in her town had been preparing for the festival, including her. The demand for flower arrangements had been increasing as of late.

She hugged a bouquet of flowers close to her chest. "I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, Akaza-san. I need these flowers for the orders. Everyone's going to be busy."

Seeing the large basket—that replaced her usual small basket—filled with different flowers, Akaza was growing irritated. How could she bring so many flowers in one trip and down the mountain? What if she ran into one of the demons or her clan tried to assassinate her once more?

She put the last batch of the flowers in the basket. She dusted her hands; a satisfied smile playing on her lips. Akaza saw the tiniest falter of her smile.

Akaza sighed. He muttered, "You're hopeless."

He approached the basket and slung it over his back. It was pretty light; it was only a feather compared to him.

"Y-you don't need to do that!" she stuttered. She was only given a cold shoulder by Akaza.

"I'm doing this for my own good. I don't want to save a weakling again."

She merely smiled.

"Thanks."

Act Two
» SAKURA «

The next week, Akaza often spotted her picking the flowers with great care. He should've left this area long ago as a precaution to the Demon Slayer in the area. The thing is, he couldn't bring himself to leave her alone. It's like as soon as he leaves, he'll never see her again.

The thought frustrates him.

Why can't he leave a weakling behind? He has more important errands to attend to rather than staying by her side. He needed to search for the Blue Spider Lily that his master demanded. So, why priotize her over the most crucial things?

A yawn snapped him out of his thoughts. He already had noticed the dark bags under her eyes. It was a clear sign she wasn't sleeping in her routine. Her body was more weary and more stiff. He could even tell that she was tired.

He was worried.

"That's enough for tonight," were his demanding words, making her halt in her picking.

"Pardon?"

Akaza pushed himself from his spot on the tree and approached her. He took the flowers from her hands. He was surprised at how gently he held them as if he was scared of damaging them in the slightest. Then, he let the flowers join the others, put the basket over his back, and takes her wrist.

"W-where are we going?" she asked, oblivious. He was out of his character. Usually, he would just stay near her and watch her from the distance. It was his first time disturbing her from her work.

Akaza answered her with his silence. As she trailed behind him (his hand now intertwined with hers), she realized the path they were taking to—Akaza was leading her home.

"I'm not yet finished picking, Akaza-san. If you please release m—" Her statement was disrupted when his hold on her hand tightened, making her wince. It was a squeeze as she inferred he simply use a light force to shut her up.

Ah, so bashful. She thought with a smile adorning her lips.

As soon as they arrived in the back of her home, Akaza lowered the basket, waiting for her to take it inside. Knowing what she should do, the florist put the basket inside, not forgetting to offer Akaza her gratitude.

Akaza called out to her. "Hey."

"Yes?" she replied. She quipped in, "You do know I have a name."

"Come back here."

By now, she was confused. She offered him a smile, saying, "Noted."

As she closed her door, Akaza saw a shade of blue inside her home.

His waiting didn't take long as she reappeared in the same outlook. She inquired, "Is something wrong?"

Akaza took steps towards her. She didn't falter in her spot as she stared back at him with a curious gaze. Although, it was broken when Akaza had snaked his arm around her waist.

"Wha-wha—"

"Be quiet."

"Eh—!"

She had no time to react as she was brought high in the air. She stifled a scream as her arms instinctively wrapped around Akaza. She clutched onto him for dear life. The wind whipped past her. She could feel the gravity trying to pull her down as she closed her eyes shut.

"We're here, frail human."

"It's (Y/N) for you—" She was cut off. Her eyes scanned the dark sea of the stars. The stars twinkled in the night sky. The clouds were at its minimum, so she had no problems at gawking the night sky. She had completely forgotten the majestic beauty of the night sky. The cold wind offered her the slight chill, granting her satisfaction.

Her (E/C) eyes flickered over to Akaza. She barely caught him staring at her as he turned his head away.

He sat on the roof. She followed his actions. The next thing she knew, she was forced to lay down on his lap.

"Gah."

Akaza spoke, "Just sleep."

A teasing smile appeared on her lips. Akaza braced himself for her refute, but she was hindered by a yawn. She gave him a warm smile before closing her eyes, letting herself relax in his soothing warmth.

"Thanks... Akaza..." she whispered, but he heard it loud and clear.

He looked down at her relaxed features. He couldn't stop himself to stare at her peaceful face in awe. How could she just fell asleep on the spot and so peacefully knowing he could kill her anytime? But then, if he couldn't bring himself to leave her, then how could he kill her?

For what seemed like centuries, a genuine smile crosed his features.

Akaza already knew the answer why.

"Anything for you, (Y/N)."

So gently like a fragile glass yet so warm like a comforting breeze, he caressed her cheeks. He couldn't help but worry for this woman. Akaza assumed today was a hectic day for her and she deserved all the rest she could get.

* * *

The moon was shining high in the sea of stars. The lightly cold wind breeze was swaying their hairs. She stood a meter across Akaza; her fingers playing with each other as she refused to make eye contact with him.

Akaza, on the other hand, was confused. Today is the Summer Festival everyone is preparing for, especially her. She almost got sick because of working too hard.

As she stood before him, he noticed how simple yet elegant her appearance was. Her hair is styled up gracefully as it is being held up by a kanzashi. Her kimono was almost the same, but there was something that was out of ordinary—not in a bad way.

Ah, wait. Her kimono was amazing at complimenting her eyes. Damn, she was beautiful in his eyes. How come Akaza didn't notice it sooner?

"Why are you here?" he inquired.

She struggled to speak. "Um... I..."

She heaved a sigh, closed her eyes, and opened them again. This time, it was looking back at him with determination.

"I want to spend the summer festival with you, Akaza-san."

"You do know I can't go to the festival."

She sighed. This is going to be hard. She took steps towards him. She smiled.

"We don't need to go to the festival itself. Watching the fireworks with you is enough for me, you know."

She took his hand and started to lead him away.

Feeling her hand in his, Akaza couldn't stop himself to be flustered at the contact. When did he become so abashed like this? He could feel his heart hammering inside his chest and his cheeks was heating up. There was a feeling in his stomach that he didn't know existed.

Akaza is in bliss.

He never felt so happy in holding a hand. He never felt this feeling of giddiness and joy in being with someone.

"Eh, someone found it already," she whispered, snapping Akaza from his trance. Maintaining a good distance from a cliff, they spotted two people staring down at the well-lit town.

Akaza could see the disappointment in her features. At that moment, he felt he needed to lift her spirits up.

Gingerly, he tugged her hand. "I know a place."

She didn't protest and followed him to where he planned to take her. She let him lead the way.

Behind the tallest of the trees, she spotted an open area approaching them. At this point, they were running. It was almost time for the fireworks after all.

It wasn't an open area. It was a large lake.

She didn't know this body of water existed in the middle of the forest. Almost every night and every day, she would venture into the forest and explore the wilderness. She was surprised at this revelation. The moon was glistening in the reflection of the water. The light deflected towards them.

She was also grateful to Akaza. He showed her this breathtaking scenery.

"Beautiful," she whispered.

Akaza studied her awestruck features. He was drawn in by her eyes as they sparkled in delight.

She turned to him, giving him her sincere smile. "Thank you, Akaza-san."

Unconsciously, he smiled. He hummed and turned to the view of the lake.

"Ah! You smiled!" she chirped.

"What?"

"You smiled!" she repeated. Silence loomed over them. She continued, "I never see you smiled before, Akaza-san. You should smile often! It suits you more than that grumpy face."

It has been a while when Akaza became conscious of himself.

She pointed to the sky. "Look! It's starting!"

The booming of the fireworks filled the silence. The colorful lights stood out in the bluish tone of the sky. Akaza was mesmerized by its own unique display of art.

A yearning feeling filled his being. The scene of the fireworks painting the canvas of the night sky; it was all familiar to him like a distant memory. He felt like crying, but he couldn't. He knew an important event took place in a scene like this. He felt someone holding his two hands—the hands that killed thousands. But, who?

It doesn't matter. All he has is the girl beside him.

Ah. His brows furrowed. She's crying.

Instinctively, he brought his hand to her face. He wiped the tears that flowed down her face. Akaza hated seeing her cry.

She smiled amidst her tears. She brought her hand to envelope his.

His eyes flickered over to her lips. Is it worth the risk to peck her lips? Akaza was conflicted if it was okay to risk their friendship over a selfish reason.

Before he could react rationally, he started leaning into her, closer to her face. He took in her features, everything, before he closed his eyes.

And before he knew it, their lips touched.

The resonating booming of the fireworks ceased. The only thing that mattered in front of Akaza is the woman he had chosen to be with. The woman he saved from the hands of the assassins. The woman he didn't know who slowly changed his life. The woman who slowly made her way to his heart. (Y/N) is the one he choose to love.

He never felt so satisfied when he felt her lips smiling in his touch.

Eventually, she needed to breathe.

She gave him a smile. A smile that holds all the answers to his waiting heart.

"I love you, (Y/N)."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 192 10
ใ€ฐ๏ธŽเผบ{๐™‚๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™Ž. ๐™ญ ๐™๐™š๐™ข!๐™๐™š๐™–๐™™๐™š๐™ง}เผปใ€ฐ๏ธŽ (Rewritten -better- version) ========== To think that he would ever fall in love under such conditions...
273K 4K 7
"Feeling to much is hell of a better fate than feeling nothing." Luck was never on Y/ns side, she was dragged into a household that was filled with...
175K 2.4K 72
โตŒ ๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฑโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ดโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ชโ€Œ ๐Ÿ‡ซโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ดโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ทโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ชโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ปโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ชโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ทโ€Œ โ”Š๐”ž ๐”Ÿ๐”ฌ๐”ฌ๐”จ ๐”ฌ๐”ฃ ๐”ž๐” ๐” ๐”ฒ๐”ช๐”ฒ๐”ฉ๐”ž๐”ฑ๐”ฆ๐”ฌ๐”ซ ๐”ฌ๐”ฃ ๐”ฌ๐”ซ๐”ข๐”ฐ๐”ฅ๐”ฌ๐”ฑ๐”ฐ เช‰ โžค disclaimer : - tw is always in the begi...
920K 13.7K 47
I don't own the anime/manga 'Demon Slayer' or the images used in this book this is just a fanfic. Feel free to send requests, sorry but "x Reader" ch...