This Is The Last Time (HTTYD)

Par GeneralSweet17

*Undergoing Rewrite* *Not the cliche storyline* The threat of war looms over Hiccup's shoulders as he tries t... Plus

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen : The Stain of Ashes
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen - Peace

Chapter Eight

73 3 1
Par GeneralSweet17

She was a fearsome sight to behold. With eyes darker than the pits of hell, dark mist with purple sparks shot out from her hands. Her hair was half deep purple, while the other was a striking white, however unlike Niki's pale hair, her's seemed dead of age, rather than naturality. Two wolves made of mist hugged her ankles, ready to pounce upon the Dragon Riders. Their teeth were barred, their shoulders hunched.

"Auk einrichtsver snekreis schyristzen!" A man dressed in thick furs held up his crossbow to them. "Tarn einrichstver chedzekreis! Razreis auk einrichstver karft!" The others, dressed in similar piles of clothing, pulled out their weapons and set their aim upon the Dragon Riders.

"Um, English?" Fishlegs suggested, but his voice was so high that it cracked halfway through and not even those who spoke the language could understand what he had actually said.

The woman with the misting wolves walked towards them. "Tarn einrichstver chedzekreis."

"Do as she says." Viggo told the group.

"I would if I knew what they were saying!" Snotlout hissed at Viggo.

"She's asking you to lay down your weapons, and stand on your knees with your hands on your head." he quickly translated. The Dragon Riders gently laid down their weapons and did as they were told.

The guards relaxed a few muscles, appreciating their new prisoners' willingness to cooperate, something that came as a surprise to them. "Einrichts phobnar testrea ketzren ze quetzen karlentreq."

As the woman spoke, Viggo translated. "You will follow us to our camp."

"Jnak nep phobnar frauge einrichts."

"There we will question you."

"Well I hope it's not far." Tuffnut replied. "All that portal jumping made me a little tired."

"You don't say." Eret rolled his eyes.

Hiccup looked back at Viggo. "Ask them about our dragons. Tell them that they won't hurt them, and we won't use them to escape."

He nodded at Hiccup, then started to stand up, but the guards shoved their weapons towards him, making him sit back down on his knees. The woman however raised her hand at the guards. "Einrichts antadreka berka einrichtsver draigonreis tezan einrichtsver spinezelral. (You say that your dragons are your friends.)"

"Fermischa, einrichtsver tezan starze. (More, they are family.)"

The woman narrowed her eyes slightly, and looked up the Dragon Riders' faces, then at the dragons. "Zeky tezan delka zeren zet Dreikier Draigon. (They are smaller than the Father Dracones."

"Nazecaurse, zeky pekelanotz cashia consuzek lekare terz zrenla, ant consuzek zos zet bepajara. Varz tluz mk iconak, zet Dreikier Draigon rezamen zek bepajara. (Naturally, they don't have magic inside of them, and magic is the world. So in a way, the Father Dracones controls the world.)"

Immediately the woman's eyes tore away from the dragons, and were wide with shock as she stared at Viggo. It was alarming how fast she marched over to him, with her wolves following, baring their teeth at whoever would notice. They circled around Viggo, as the woman continued to stare at Viggo, studying his face. "Hinwass pkela einrichts kela berka? (Where did you hear that?)"

Viggo gave the woman a small smile, full of compassionate grief. "Einrichts pazar hinwass. (You know where.)"

The woman gulped, her expression softening slightly. She lifted her hand and gently approached his face with it. When Viggo did not protest, she touched the scars daintily, then pressed his eyelid closed with her pointer finger. Under her breath she began to whisper words that no one could understand, not even those who spoke the language. Everyone stared at the two, their eyes shut and foreheads almost touching, until the woman yanked her hands away, and took a large breath of air.

One of the guards ran to her side, to help her remain on her feet. "Mintz lauria, tezan einrichts soktuche? (My lady, are you alright?)"

The woman held her head for a few more minutes, but quickly regained her composure. She simply shook of the guard's help, and stared back at Viggo. "Viggo?" his name sounded weird in her accent, her tongue was making the gs add an uneccissary click to them. "Na daricoal verlitz? (Is it really you?)"

For one of the first times, the Dragon Riders saw Viggo in the brink of tears, as he gave a small laugh and nodded his head. "Az'a Calisa, daricoal na malakeir. (Yes Calisa, it is me.)"

Instantly the wolves at her feet dissolved into a mist that fell onto the frozen ground, as the two hesitated for a moment before colliding into each other's arms. Calisa was speaking rapidly through sobs, as Viggo's laughs started to catch in his throat.

"Lenk zrenla zepary. Zeky tezan kolitzver quetzen scyrary. (Let them go. They are not our enemies.)" Calisa told the guards, who hesitantly sheathed their weapons, and backed away from the Dragon Riders. "Shokotari, einrichts shaw yalra flatesche qikari! Zi bebajive zu kela darcoal azkemando. (Brother, you must tell me everything! I want to hear it all.)"

"Quieriza panzi zetin-"

Wind burst out from the portal, sending everyone skidding across the ground. The icicles hanging on the ceiling of the arches, shattered, sending tiny spears of ice hurtling at the Dragon Riders.

"Get out of here!" Mala screamed, shifting into her wolf form and dragging Niki.

"Jnak na mk quitzengur aoei mazt! (There is a hallway over here!)"

"Mala, that way!" Viggo translated, fighting the wind to crawl towards Niki, who was limply laying against a column, with Valka and Cloudjumper with Zephyr nearby, who was screaming, 'Mommy!'.

"Heather! Try to make a barricade!" Mala shouted at Heather, who was huddling behind one of the columns with her brother and their dragons. Heather looked fearful at Mala, but took a shaky breath and with her peripheral vision, built up a stone wall that surrounded the pavilion.

Barf and Belch were struggling to collaborate, as their two minds were both panicking. When the surge of wind came, they were thrown towards the hallway, but their two heads were stuck between a pillar. The wind was pressing so hard against their body that they couldn't untangle themselves.

The stone barricade began to crack in the center, and the deadly current of wind took the debris and threw it everywhere.

"Barf!" Ruffnut cried, and without a second thought she ran out from the inside wall of the hallway into the fury of wind, icicle spears, and rock debris, and jumped in front of Barf. She had her hands stuck out in front of her, shielding her eyes from the wind, but through the small glances that her stinging eyes were able to manage, she saw a silver forcefield surrounding her and Barf. That one moment of staring in awe at what was happening, had caused the forcefield to faulter, and a few icicles penetrated and struck Barf.

"Belch!" Tuffnut yelled, making the same suicidal risk that his sister had taken to save their dragon. Belch however wasn't being protected by the forcefield, and instead was being hit by everything he couldn't avoid. "Ruff, bring that stuff over here!"

"I-I-CAN'T!" Ruffnut's yell came out like a battle cry, as the wind reached its peak. "It's breaking!"

"Let me help!" Tuffnut used Barf and Belch's body to pull himself over to Ruffnut and grabbed her wrist. Instantaneously the forcefield magnified, covering more than enough for them and the dragon.

In the hallway, as the Twins battled the wind, those who could squeeze by Heather's second barricade, which was holding strong, were watching in amazement at the sight.

"What do you think's happening?" Hiccup, who was one of those by the barricade, asked Viggo. He however was sitting against the opposite wall, with Niki leaning against him, slowly regaining enough strength to continue the mission.

"Someone else is coming through the portal. They managed to keep it open for a just a moment longer so they could get in after we did."

"But who else on Berk would want to come here, or even know about it?" Fishlegs wondered. "It's not like you could just stumble into the portal."

"Exactly." Viggo agreed. "Meaning whoever is coming through the portal right now is extremely strong in the will of magic and is dangerous."

Calisa pressed a fist into her open palm. "Zran nep phobnar tanezarkia zram hincask zet waisquiche shentreis. (Then we will capture them when the portal closes.)"

"Kolitz." Viggo shook his head. "We do not have enough men to fight. We will deal with them another day. Right now let's focus on getting out of here."

"Please tell me that involves leaving the Twins behind!" excitement rose in Snotlout's voice, but was quickly shut down by Hiccup.

"We are not leaving the Twins!"

Heather brushed her braid aside while quickly checking on Niki to see her improvement. "Aren't they already dead? If they ran out there while the debris was flying there is no way they would survive."

Hiccup looked outside the barricade again, with Eret, and Dagur. "Erm, actually no." he said.

"Mala-pooh you've got to check this out!" Dagur laughed, stepping aside so that she could look out.

She however waved the request aside. "I have no interest in watching bodies be torn apart."

"No Mala, really." Hiccup and Eret both assured her that this was something she would want to see.

She dropped her arms from being crossed over her chest and with a sigh, walked over to the barrier. When she peered out, her eyes widened, and any sign of annoyment, hatred, or scowl was wiped away. "It can't be. Girls, come now!" she beckoned Astrid and Heather. Niki tried to stand, but not only did her legs give out, but she also tripped on the ice, making Viggo fall on top of her, and receive mocking looks from the others.

When Astrid and Heather both saw the forcefield that was around the Twins, Heather gasped, "Ruffnut is the fourth sister."

"Indeed." Mala agreed. "Queen Becca of Air." The three girls stared at the Twins, not believing their eyes, as the wind around them quickly began to die. "I'm going to get the Twins."

"I'll come with you." Valka said.

Mala gave a quick nod of approval. "Everyone else, go, find a place we can stay."

"Einrichts mazri telanik ezt quetzen karlentreq. (You can stay at our camp.)" Calisa offered, and immediately sent two guards to warn the others.

"Mama, can I come down now?" Zephyr weakly whined.

"Oh, of course sweetie." Astrid gave a small attempt at a laugh, as she climbed up Cloudjumper's back and singed the rope so that it would release Zephyr.

"Weee!" she laughed, sliding down Cloudjumper's back and onto the frozen floor. "This is fun!" she said, but Hiccup picked her up and placed her on top of Toothless.

"We'll play later, we have to go now."

As Mala and Valka ducked out of the barricade, the others followed Calisa and Viggo, as they ran through the hallways. "Hinreks galitz? (What happened)" he asked, as the ice continued to lead their trail.

"(Long story, I'll tell you later.)"

"Why'd it have to be ice?" Snotlout complained, as he slipped and while panicking, grabbed onto a strangely positioned statue, which was also covered in ice. "Hey Astrid, why don't you melt this all?"

"Kolitz consuzek. (No magic.)" Calisa ordered.

"Why not?" Snotlout complained when Viggo translated it. "It'd make running for our lives a little easier."

"Because then you wouldn't have a life to run for." Viggo replied. "The ice is repellant to magic. It would just bounce off until it ran out of energy, killing all of us."

"Oh." Snotlout gave a frightful look at the ice, and was prompted to run slightly faster.

"We're almost there!" Viggo told the others what Calisa had just announced. She briskly turned the corner, but slipped and fell to the ground.

"Taschendrow panzi berka. (Forgot about that.)" she muttered, while Viggo helped her back to her feet.

"Forgot about what-" Viggo stared at what was now in front of him.

Statues of ice filled the once grand room. Viggo himself recognized it as the throne room, and those who knew what one was, soon realized this fact. Some of the scarlet color from the banners could be seen through the ice, and golden lace outlined the regal carpet that led straight from the ginormous double oak doors to the throne. A small boy with frizzy brown hair was seated there, with a surprising look of composure as he looked down upon the priestess. The priestess was kneeling, and her shaven head bowed at the height of her outstretched arms, which was holding a golden crown. The skirts of her robes were so stiff and glittered with riches even underneath the ice, that as she was kneeling, they made a perfect flower shape. Beside them, a man dressed in golden armour had his sword raised and was in mid step of running in front of the throne.

"Calisa-" Viggo started to say, but she shook her head and grabbed his arm. The group continued running, through the double oak doors, and into the castle square. More statues stood here, seeming as if they were continuing through the normal life of a citizen, no knowledge of their lifeless state.

The group now stood in front of the castle gates, and now were one by one being pulled through the small gap that was opened. A small gathering of guards stood there, holding the reins of several horses. "Mintz lauria." they all give a quick bend of their knee into a lunge, before one of them walked forward, leading a silver black horse.

Calisa took the reins and quickly introduced the Dragon Riders and her guards. Then in quick words, explained the situation.

"Call your dragons, we'll follow their horses to the camp." Viggo told them, then whistled for his dragon to come. The dragons had been forced to take flight once they exited the Throne Room, some even had difficulties there avoiding the statues. Now they flew over the wall and briefly landed so their owners could mount them, then took off to the skies again.

The more the Dragon Riders traveled through the freezing lands, the more time seemed to stand still. The wind was so still, it was frozen into a mist that simply spent its eternity swirling in an almost motionless circle. Trees didn't sway, no creatures strayed on the ground, giving curious, frightful looks at the dragons as they flew by. Even Calisa and her mens' horses seemed to stand still, as they could not gallop over the ice. They were traveling at a precautious speed over the frozen terrain.

The dragons were growing extensively tired, losing altitude unless their riders urged them to keep flying. Their energy had not been restored at all from either encounter with the portal, with minimal sleep, no nutrition, and battling against the seductive cold, was not aiding them in their sudden fight for stability.

Eventually a small hope inflaired in their souls as bundles of trees began to become more abundant. When Viggo was assigned to fly down and make sure they were still following Calisa and her men, he was informed that the camp wasn't too far of a distance away. With this encouraging news, the Dragon Riders were urged to continue on.

On Viggo's second trip down to the men, he gave the delightful news that they had arrived. The Dragon Riders flew to the ground, but many of them resulted in what could have been identified as a 'crash landing'.

Calisa unmounted from her horse and walked over to Viggo, who had circled the Dragon Riders around him. "She says that we have to camp out a few away from the actual camp. The people might be scared of the dragons, and she does not want to wish us harm. Later we will be given more suitable accommodations, even though they have few supplies."

"Viggo, tell her that we're grateful for anything." Hiccup answered. "We have camping gear, we just need a place."

Calisa nodded, and Viggo translated her response. "She appreciates it, however she'll send two guards out with some furs. The nights are dangerous and they will keep watch over you."

They all nodded, stifling yawns behind their palms and leaning on their dragons for support. Calisa gave a small smile, and touched Viggo's shoulder lightly.

"Zi'll lezein einrichts azkemando zu janahak. Matilakazar phobnar vez. (I'll leave you all to rest. Morning will come.)" she nodded at him then remounted her stage and rode off with her men.

It was tempting to simply lay down on the snow and rest their eyes, but those still capable of a sensibly thinking mind knew that would certainly be the last time they closed their eyes. Nikolai was feeling healthy enough to begin building igloos for the riders and their dragons. When the guards rode back with their mares stacked with heavy furs, they too helped make igloos. There were no conversations held, the night was too bitter and the cold was beginning to freeze their lips. Heather created some rocks to make a fire pit, and Astrid provided a healthy fire for everyone to warm up by before retiring to the crude shelters. When everyone was uncomfortably squeezed into the shelters, several laying on top of their dragons, (which many later realized was the greatest source of warmth in the igloos) the guards began their watch, grateful for the blanket of fire.

Words: 2849

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

143K 3.3K 44
What if Hiccup had left after being chosen to kill the Monstrous Nightmare. After three years of being presumed dead and freeing dragons from in and...
88.6K 4.5K 32
"A hero, a chief, companions, dragons. Rise up against the evil one, save the home of many. The army of demons approaches. Beware, Thora, daughter of...
58.6K 792 11
Hiccup has been betrayed by Astrid and banished and disowned by his father Stoick the vast. Hiccup leaves and vows that he would free all the drago...
132K 1.4K 29
Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III left Berk and never returned, but one day Hiccup sees a ship, a Berk Ship. He then realizes that they either must have...