T h e F o r g o t t e n

Od AmberLeeH13

{Completed} Six years ago Robin met a guy. The two had what ended up to be a one night stand but he left her... Více

P r o l o g u e
C h a p t e r O n e
C h a p t e r T w o
C h a p t e r T h r e e
C h a p t e r F o u r
C h a p t e r F i v e
C h a p t e r S i x
C h a p t e r S e v e n
C h a p t e r E i g h t
C h a p t e r N i n e
C h a p t e r T e n
C h a p t e r E l e v e n
C h a p t e r T w e l v e
C h a p t e r T h i r t e e n
C h a p t e r F o u r t e e n
C h a p t e r F i f t e e n
C h a p t e r S e v e n t e e n
C h a p t e r E i g h t e e n
C h a p t e r N i n e t e e n
C h a p t e r T w e n t y
C h a p t e r T w e n t y O n e
C h a p t e r T w e n t y T w o
C h a p t e r T w e n t y T h r e e
C h a p t e r T w e n t y F o u r
C h a p t e r T w e n t y F i v e
E p i l o g u e
IF YOU LIKED THIS....
SEQUEL!!!!

C h a p t e r S i x t e e n

56.8K 2.4K 216
Od AmberLeeH13

© Amber Kalkes 2014

Song: "Hideaway" By Karen O And The Kids.

C h a p t e r S i x t e e n >

Robin crashes into a wall as she’s thrown across the room. Smashing into a picture frame on the wall it scatters glass on the carpet and on top of her. Shifting up to her knees she tries to get up but her hands land in the glass making her cry out in pain. Blood smears from her hands onto the carpet and her body aches from the beating they’ve been delivering for the past half hour.

“Look, Leo, the little bunny looks hurt.” The bald one with the yellow teeth smirks.

The one with the ponytail or Leo tilts his head, “She also looks a scared. That’s funny. She’s scared of two humans but not that freak of nature she’s been fucking.”

“Maybe we should show her what a real man is like.” The yellow teethed one says licking his lips making Robin move away from them as far as she can.

“Get away from me!” She yells.

“Not until you tell us where to find him.” Leo says, stepping over the wreckage between him and her to close the distance. “That’s how the game is played.”

Robin spits some of the blood from her mouth before answering him, “Fuck you.”

“Oh she’s got a mouth on her.” The bearded one crows with laughter. “I wonder what else she can do with it.”

“We don’t touch the whores of mutts.” Leo spits. Whether it’s at her or at his partner, Robin can’t be sure but she’s thankful for it. She’s taken out of that though when he grabs her roughly by the face as his eyes stare into hers with disgust. “Don’t look so grateful, bitch. I’m still going to show that mutt what’ll happen if he doesn’t deliver himself to us.”

“Hunters are a bit of a motley bunch, I’ll give that to you.” The bearded one says with a sigh, “But we don’t take kindly to having out fellow hunters getting ripped to pieces, especially by some shape shifting piece of shit.”

Leo’s hand lets go of her face as he tosses her to the ground again. Robin has so many words just daring to roll off tongue at the moment but she doesn’t say them. She doesn’t want to piss them off more and from the anger practically oozing out of Leo’s skin she’s not risking a longer beating. She needs to make sure she can get back to Charlie, to hug him and know that he’s okay.

That’s all she can think about at the moment.

“Joe. Knife.” Leo asks sticking his hand out behind him.

Joe reaches for an attachment on his belt and unbuttons it before pulling out a large bowie knife. He hands it to Leo before giving her a mockingly pitiful look, “Sorry, kid but a message has got to be sent and you look like the perfect piece of parchment.”

Shit.

As Leo gets closer to her Robin looks around for something, anything she can use to defend herself. From the broken frame part she grabs a side with two nails sticking out it. Looking like she’s trying to escape she moves towards it while keeping her eyes on the still approaching Leo. When he grabs her hair hard enough that feels some of it tear out she attacks.

Leo screams as she slams the nails into his forearm making him drop the knife and giving her the opportunity to grab it. Yeah, she thinks as she tests the weight of it in her hands, this is way better. Gripping his arm he glares at her as blood drips down his arms but it just makes Robin stand her ground even more. There is no way in hell she is letting this psycho anywhere near her again.

“Get her.”

Joe scoffs, “I don’t follow your orders, kid and I don’t do wet work. She’s got the message.” He turns his eyes to her before winking at her, “Don’t you sweetness? Tell the dog we want to see him and if he doesn’t show up we’re coming for the kid. Got it?”

Fear clenches Robin’s guts at his words but she nods. “I got it.”

“Smart girl.” Joe praises with a nod. “Come on Leo, we got shit to do yet today.”

Leo bares his teeth at her, arm still bleeding on her carpet. “You better keep eyes on the back of your head, bitch. Your friend showed us the way here without hesitation. I won’t what else he’d do if I threw a few dollars at him.”

“Leo.” Joe snaps. “Shut the fuck up and lets get going. We have shit to take care of.”

Leo doesn’t take his eyes off Robin as he backs out of the trailer. As soon as she hears the roar of a diesel truck and the sound of the gravel flying as they leave she drops the knife. Her legs tremble underneath her and with threat to her life now gone she falls to her knees. Sobs escape her mouth and she covers them with her hand as the salt of her tears begin to sting her open wounds.

Charlie.

The name has Robin scrambling to her feet and nearly falling on her face again as she trips over the ruins of her home. Grabbing the duffle from the bedroom she hugs the wall as she tries not to let her knees buckle again. She’s been in pain before, hell she did give birth but this is almost worse. Emotionally they’ve spent the time beating her as much as they have physically.

Calling her names was nothing compared to the threats of what they wanted or could do to her if she did or didn’t do that. Robin makes it down her front stairs barely before crawling into her car. With a cry of pain she shuts the door behind her and shakily puts the keys in the ignition. Some song comes blaring into the speakers as soon as the engine switches to life but she doesn’t turn it down.

‘There's a man going 'round taking names.

And he decides who to free and who to blame.

Everybody won't be treated all the same.

There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.

When the man comes around.

The hairs on your arm will stand up.

At the terror in each sip and in each sup.

For you partake of that last offered cup,

Or disappear into the potter's ground.

When the man comes around.’

As the view of her father’s house comes into view Robin’s view becomes blurry with her tears again. The relief and safety she feels knowing no one can touch her hear has her breaking down all over again. When she pushes the car into park she doesn’t even turn the car off before practically falling out of it. She catches herself on her palms, cut and still bleeding from the broken glass, and crawls a few feet away from the car before collapsing on the grass nearby.

“Robin?” Grace calls in chiding voice as Robin spots her feet on the deck before they start coming towards her. “What took so—oh my god. Jessup!”

Grace falls to her knees beside Robin and starts moving some of her hair from her face before gasping. Robin shifts her eyes to look up at Grace and sees the strongest woman she’s ever known crying. Reaching up Robin tries to soothe the woman she’s seen as more of a mother than her real one but her hand doesn’t make it. Instead she passes out just as the heavy footfalls of her father approach.

>< 

Luke knows he’s being thoughtless, foolish even running so open in his wolf form but he put the more cautious part of him aside. Robin, his Robin is hurt. He doesn’t care if it’s a paper cut or not, any injury to her is like a knife in his gut. As he sees the James house comes into view he doesn’t even bother shifting back.

Charlie comes running out of the house as soon as he spots him red faced and still crying. He hugs Luke’s wolf around the neck and sobs into his winter white fur. Luke closes his eyes and inhales his son’s scent happy that at least he isn’t injured in any way.

“Charlie, what happened?” He asks him through their bond.

“Mama came here hurt. Grandma and Auntie Faith wont stop crying and Grandpa broke some stuff because he was mad. Uncle Gabe is out there looking for you now but I told them that you would come back.”

“I’m here now and I’m not leaving again, okay? I need clothes though so I can go in and see your mom.”

“Okay.” Charlie sniffles as he nods. “I missed you, Luke.”

“I missed you too, kiddo. Now go.”

Charlie is walking up the porch steps when Jessup comes out of the house. He slams the screen door open looking straight at Luke before directing Charlie inside without a word. Jessup’s eyes are red; his huge hands in fists and his shoulder length brown hair a mess, even though it is tied back. The look on the man’s face is one Luke understands completely, heartbreak.

“You, son of a bitch!” Jessup yells as he comes speed walking towards Luke. Luke hesitates to do it but if Jessup strikes at him his wolf will take over. So, trying to avoid that, he snarls threatening at Jessup. The older man stops mid-approach as his face pinches in anger. “Don’t think I’m scared you, you fucking piece of shit!”

Luke narrows his eyes but doesn’t give other any indication of a threat.

“She’s in there, beaten to a pulp! She drove all the way here, bleeding and crying because those fucking hunters got to her. You said you’d protect her! What are you good for if you can’t protect your family!”

Half way through his speech Luke realizes Jessup isn’t talking about Luke anymore. He’s upset that he couldn’t protect his daughter. Luke losses the tense and battle ready stance he’s adopted instantly and dips his head low in supplication. He knows how much Jessup takes pride in being able to provide and protect and the attack on Robin must be a nasty shake up for him.

“I promised her I would never let this happen to her again.” Jessup says lowly, tears rolling down his face. “I promised her that I would protect her and look at her now. Scared to death someone will hurt her or Charlie. I don’t know what to do, Luke. I don’t know what to do anymore.”

Faith comes out of the house and Luke catches her gaze. In her hand Faith has some clothes and slowly and cautiously she descends the porch stairs to approach them. Offering them to Luke he takes the clothes in his teeth before walking off towards the tree line. He glances back to see Faith laying a tender hand on her father’s arm and Luke knows he’s in good hands.

Shifting back into his human skin Luke pulls on the jeans, that surprisingly fit and a large button up plaid shirt. From the scent he knows this is one of Jessup’s shirt and a pair of Gabe’s pants. He doesn’t deserve either of them knowing that his return has triggered this chain of events.

The guilt is heavy like a boulder on his chest.

Walking back towards the father-daughter pair Luke’s voice is quiet as he asks, “Where is she?”

“In the house.” Faith answers in a subdued tone. “Charlie is with her and so is Grace. I’ll call Gabe so he knows he can come back.”

Luke nods and walks past them to head into the house but Faith voice has him stopping.

“Luke?”

He doesn’t turn around. “Yeah?”

“I’m glad you came back to them.” She calls over to him. “Even if this shit had to happen, they need you as much as you need them.”

Luke closes his eyes against the force of her words. “Thank you, Faith.”

Without another word he enters the house ready to face the consequences of finally loving something.

>< 

Robin moans as Grace tests the bruises on her stomach, trying to figure out if anything may be broken. Leo was wearing steel toe boots and despite trying her hardest to absorb the hits like her dad taught her they still caused damage. Grace gives her a sad smile as she lowers her shirt again.

“Good news is nothing seems broken.”

“But I still look like hell.” Robin grumbles.

Grace huffs a small laugh before pushing some hair from her face, “It’ll heal in time. I’m just happy you weren’t seriously injured.”

“Yeah, me too.”

“Mama!” Charlie yells as he comes into her room, still looking upset. “Mama, Luke’s home!”

“Is he?” Robin asks, struggling to sit up.

“Mama, does it hurt?”

“Yeah but I’m tough like a boy.” She says with a smile that hurts her face but has Charlie smiling back.

“Charlie, why don’t we go make some tea for your mama.” Grace suggests suddenly.

Robin follows Grace’s gaze to see Luke standing in the doorway. He looks to be a bit dirty and the clothes he’s wearing clearly belong to her father. Despite all that though she can’t help but sigh at how painfully handsome he is to her. Robin feels her body relax at the sight of him knowing that not only is he safe but he’ll help keep her and Charlie safe as well.

“Will the tea make mama better?” Charlie asks.

Grace smiles softly at him, “It’ll help. Come on. Luke and Mama got things to talk about.”

“Well you could’ve just said that, Grandma.” Charlie huffs but leaves with Grace.

The room immediately fills with tension making Robin squirm in her seat. She doesn’t like how distant he is from her. She doesn’t like how he hasn’t touched her yet and she really doesn’t like that he hasn’t spoken a word. After five full minutes of silence Robin’s had enough.

“You got here fast.”

“Charlie contacted me.” He says gruffly.

Robin nods, “He mentioned that. He says you guys can talk in your heads. It’s a neat trick. Makes me a bit jealous honestly.”

“Robin.” He sighs. “We have to talk about it.”

“Talk about what?” She grumbles.

She really doesn’t want to talk about it. She just wants him to sit beside her on the bed. She wants him to come and soothe her nerves and her fears like he always does. She wants him to just be him but from the conflict in his eyes she knows he’s also going to fight this.

Idiot.

“They attacked you didn’t they? The hunters?”

“Yes.” She sighs.

Luke’s eyes narrow as they flash a quick gold. “Did they say how they found you or what they want?”

“Yes.”

“Well?” He asks when she doesn’t add anything else.

“They said a friend pointed them to my location.”

“A friend?”

Robin nods, keeping her eyes on her bandaged hands.

“No name?” He presses.

“No.”

“What do they want?”

“Why won’t you come near me?” She asks instead of answering. She watches his expression closely trying to figure him out. His face pinches in pain and his eyes divert to some bland corner of the room. “Do you not want me anymore?”

Luke’s emerald green eyes snap up to her face, “What?”

“You haven’t touched me.” She says quietly. “Do you not…want me?”

“Of course I want you!” He snaps harshly. “I’ll never stop wanting you but damn it, Robin, I put you in danger! If I never came back you wouldn’t beaten to hell and facing danger in every unchecked corner! This is on my head! Don’t you see that? How can I even bring myself to touch you when I don’t deserve to even be in the same room as you?”

Robin huffs a humorless laugh while shaking her head. “You are so stupid, you know that? Don’t deserve to come near me? What kind of bullshit is that? You, more than anyone deserves to be with me because you’re the only one who cared enough about me to come back!”

“Richie would have come back.” Luke says quietly but through clenched teeth.

“I don’t love Richie!” Robin yells at him.

Silence comes over the room as both of them freeze in their positions. Well, she thinks dryly, this was not how she wanted to tell him that bit of information. Closing her eyes for a second she shakes her head at herself. Apparently Luke isn’t the only idiot in this relationship.

“What?” Luke asks in a choked voice.

“I said I love you.” She sighs. “But then again, how could I not? You’re my soul mate.”

“Is the only reason?”

She gives him a flat look, “Is that even a legitimate question?”

“No.” He chuckles briefly. “No I guess not.”

“I fell in love with you the night you gave me our son, Luke.” She admits. “I tried so hard to forget about you because I knew that you would never come back. But you did come back didn’t you? I was so scared that you’d leave again. I wanted to keep my distance but I don’t want that anymore. So please, just drop the self doubt and just…come sit by me.”

Luke does as she asks and takes her bandaged hand in his. His fingers run over the white gauze Grace used lightly like she’s made of glass. She likes that though she can take care of herself and that he knows that he still treats her like she’s precious. No one other man, other than her father has ever treated her that way and its what made her fall in love with him even more.

“You won’t leave right? No matter why they came after me, you won’t leave?”

“No.” He says while shaking his head. “I’m here to stay.”

Robin nods and releases a breath she didn’t realize she was holding. “Good.”

“I love you, too. You know that right?”

She smiles at him softly before rolling her eyes, “You were kind of obvious and my dad wouldn’t let you near me after this if you didn’t.”

“I thought he’d kill me.”

“Oh don’t get too confident now.” She chides with a small smirk, “He still could. That’s why it’s a smart move for you to stay close to me.”

Luke chuckles hoarsely before running his thumb over her split lower lip. “Robin, tell me what they wanted.”

“You.” She says softly. “They want you.”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

If you guys were trying to guilt me into uploading sooner...you did well. 

Reactions? Also tell me your theories on who told the hunters where to find Robin.

VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW :}

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

29K 996 26
"My mother left me and my father was too weak to be there for me. You've already abandoned me before. What makes you think you won't do it again?" Co...
272K 10.3K 21
Sable Marks never thought that five months after graduation she would still be in the same ocean-side town she grew up in. But five months ago Sable...
26.9M 314K 20
**THIS IS A SAMPLE, PLEASE DO NOT READ IT IF YOU ARE GOING TO GET TRIGGERED BY THE FACT THAT IT IS A SAMPLE. THE FULL BOOK IS AVAILABLE ON MY PATREON...
23.1M 562K 44
PUBLISHED WORK!!! 30% OF THE STORY HAS BEEN TAKEN DOWN. Available on Amazon in paperwork and PDF (KINDLE) format. You know those kind of stor...