๐๐ฎ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐œ๐ข๐š - ๐ฝ๐‘Ž๐‘ฃ๐‘–...

By AshMashPash5

Querencia (n.) a place from which ones strength is drawn, where one feels at home; the place where you feel... More

ร˜.
ร˜.1
ร˜.2
ร˜.3
ร˜.4
ร˜.5
ร˜.6
ร˜.7
08 (under construction)
09
10
12

11

833 34 42
By AshMashPash5

" 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐤 "

𑁍

It's been weeks since I nursed Arthur back to health. And everything went back to normal again. Javier and I now shared a tent together, which was nice. Especially after we both had a long day of hard work. We've been growing closer everyday.

Abby then places the journal tucked under bed roll,  before walking over towards Pearson's station to help with the dishes. She was up before any of the girls this morning, and she knew if she hasn't started soon, that Ms. Grimshaw would be on her ass.

"I'm going to fill up the other water buckets." Pearson informs Abby, before making his way over to the lake. She just silently nods to the man, while tiredly washing the dirty stew bowls in front of her.
While drifting off in her own little world, Javier comes up from behind Abby, and pulls her waist into his own.

"Javi, I'm working."She whispers to the man with an small smile, while continuing her chore.

"You're always working." He whispers back to her before kissing her neck lovingly, making her smile only widen.

"What do you want? I have to get this done." She asks amusingly to the man, practically forcing herself to stifle an laugh.

"You." He muffles into her neck, before pushing himself against her further, causing her to stop her chore completely. Taken off guard from his actions she turns her head, only having him connect their lips together. Giving in, she returns the kiss, causing the man to smirk to himself. Abby would love to smack that smirk off his face, but she was just as needy as he was at the moment. Their hands groped one another as the kiss deepened, and the sexual tension between the two only grew.

"Oh, No, no, no, no!" Ms. Grimshaw shouts before quickly separating the two from one another completely.

"You leave her alone! Do you hear me? She doesn't need a distraction." The old woman shouts at Javier who looked rather satisfied by himself.

"Distraction? More like motivation." He says rather bawdy like, only earning an gasp from the woman from utter shock.

"You vulgar man!" She shouts once more, only causing to Abby's stifled laugh to make an appearance.

"And you!" Me Grimshaw begins, only causing the girl to stop laughing, and loose her smirk.

" If I see you & Mr. Escuella fondling one another on your duties again, I will not hesitate to beat you. All I need is for another one of you to wind up pregnant, and become completely useless! Do you hear me?"

"He started it!" Abby points in the direction of Javier, who just rolls his eyes at the scene unfolding further.

"I don't care! You should know better—Unlike men, we have self control. So use it..." The old woman informs the younger Morgan sibling, almost giving her a look of disappointment.

Just before Ms.Grimshaw could leave and terrorize someone else in the camp, Sean makes an appearance.

"Ms. Grimshaw we need to steal Abby for a bit." Sean informs the woman, who lets out an loud scoff.
"Oh, wonderful! Just go ahead!" She says while frailing her arms while storms off, clearly upset.

"What was that all about?"Sean asks almost amused, causing the lovers to share an small smile.

"Nothing—What do you need me for?" She sighs out, before following Sean towards the horses, with Javier following closely behind.

"We need ya' on this mission. Nothing too serious, just headin' up at the saloon to talk business." Sean explains casually, causing Javier to immediately interfere into their conversation.

"Nothing serious? Just to talk business?" Javier asks clearly worried about his woman being involved in something possibly dangerous.

"Don't worry lover boy, it's just to talk bout' an job for the gang." Sean says to Javier, clearly taking notice of his protectiveness towards the girl.

"Who is involved?" Javier asked again, causing Abby to roll her eyes at the man walking beside her.

"The Grays." Sean informs, causing Abby to become slightly uneasy. She didn't like the Grays or their rival family. Personally, she thought they couldn't trust them neither of them.

"No offense, the sheriff gives me the creeps." She truthfully informs Sean, catching Javiers immediate attention.

"Thats cause' he likes ya—an' that's why we're taking ya' along with." The redhead informs the woman, once finally arriving at the horses station. From the looks of it Micah, Bill, her, and Sean were the only ones going on this trip. And as much as she was uneasy about this meeting, she definitely didn't want to stay back at camp doing chores.

She knew Javier nervous about her going, especially with Micah. So she wasn't surprised when he pulled her aside, and informed her about his worries. He even claimed that he was anxious about her going, when her arm that had barely fully recovered.

"Javier, I'll be fine." She informs him with an reassuring smile.

"I know—I just—don't want you to get hurt again." He informs her, causing her to grab ahold of his hand, and caress it.

"Don't worry Javier, I'll keep her safe." Sean jokes with an proud smile, only making Javier scoff. She knew she couldn't say anything to calm his nerves, so she grabbed ahold of Javiers neck, and pulled him down for an quick kiss.

"I think I'm gonna hurl." Micah comments while making gagging sounds from his horse, only causing Javier to glare at the man.

"Go to hell Micah." Javier fires back, causing her to pull his attention back to her.

"I'll be back before you know it." She says to Javier with a reassuring smile, although he still looked quite nervous. So she quickly stood up on her tippy toes, pulling his face towards her own.

"And when I get back, maybe we can get out of here for awhile?" She whispers into his ear, while smiling at him mischievously. But before Javier could flirtatiously respond back, he is interrupted by another voice.

"Aunt Abby! Aunt Abby! Mama and I bought you a good luck bracelet." Jack practically shouts, catching Abbys immediate attention. As she bent down to his level, she saw him holding an thin gold band with a four leaf clover charm dangling from it.

"Oh, you two didn't have to buy me anything." She says looking up at Abigail, who just shrugs her shoulders at her comment.

"More like, stole it from some O'Driscoll's woman." Abigail says with a smirk, causing the girl to laugh slightly. She wasn't even surprised, but it didn't mean the gift meant any less to her.

"Well it's beautiful. Thank you." She says to the two, before watching Jack happily place it onto her wrist.

"Let's go we don't have all day." Micah groans out in annoyance, causing the girl to roll her eyes at his comment.

"Be good for your mama, okay?" Abby says while playfully ruffling Jacks hair, before quickly pecking Javiers lips, and mounting her horse in one big swift motion.

"I didn't get a good luck bracelet." Sean mumbles in clear disappointment as they all road out of camp, and towards Rhodes.

"You don't need one. You are Irish, you are practically the luckiest people in the whole world."

𑁍

Once the four made it towards Rhodes, they all waited for her brothers arrival. It wasn't unusual for Arthur to be late, he was always the one who was  hunting or bringing back money for the camp.

"So, I couldn't of help but overhear your conversation with Javier..." Sean starts an conversation with the girl, while the four of them sat together on the town banks stairway.

"Overhear? You mean eavesdrop?" She asks with an amused smile.

"Same difference! Look, all I wanna know is wanna what he has that I don't? Eh?" He practically hollers out in his Irish accent, causing her to chuckle.

"A sombrero." Micah mutters.

"Guitar skills." Bill adds.

"It's always the guitar skills...." Sean mutters sadly before dropping his cigarette, and stomping his boot over it.

Before the current conversation could take off, Arthur finally decided to make an appearance.
"We've been waiting for ya, Arthur." Micah exclaims, clearly showing his annoyance.

"Well...I'm sorry to have kept you." Arthur sarcastically comments as the four all begin to stand up.

"Come on, lets get going..." Micah says to the group, immediately taking the lead in walking them down the middle of Main Street of Rhodes.

While Micah was explaining the plan to Arthur, Arthur immediately expressed his worries alongside Sean. But despite the other men's worries, Bill and Micah said other wise. They supported their reasonings behind this meeting, and kept telling them it was fine despite us screwing them over. And Abby? Well she was confused, and clearly siding with her brother and Sean. But while the five men were bickering between one another, they didn't seem to realize what Abby did. The town was unusually quite for the afternoon, and everyone that was currently outside either made their had quickly entered the buildings just from the sight of their presence. 

"Hey, hold up—something isn't right."Abby tells the five men, who slowly make an halting stop, and look over at her.

"Now it don't feel right? I could've told you tha—" Sean begins to agree with the young Morgan sibling, only to be stoped by an bullet flying through his skull.

As soon as the gunshot went off, then Sean's body collapses onto the ground, Abby freezes in shock. Staring down at the man she called a friend, was now laying dead in front of her. She hadn't even realized the other shots ringing off around her, or her brothers shouts. Luckily, Bill had managed to pull her beside him to take cover behind an building, before suddenly disappearing himself. She couldn't believe what had just occurred, or how to react to it.  Her mind was flooded with blurred thoughts & emotions, so much, that she didn't even realize she was grabbed ahold of by the enemy, and pulled into the sheriffs office.

After awhile, the shots around her started to slowly disperse, and she felt as if her body allowed her to finally grasp on the situation. Tears immediately swelled up in her eyes as she felt the tight grasp holding her into place.

"Sheriff Gray! You need to get ahold of this town! It's going to hell!" Micah voice announces, causing her breathing to slightly halt. She wasn't sure if she was either excited or devastated to hear Micah's voice.

"Who do you think you are? A bunch of two-bit thugs from gods knows where? You're so dumb to think we don't know what you've been doing!" The sheriff hollers back through the front door.

"Come out, Sheriff!  It's over!" Micah shouts.

"We put down far worse than you. A hundred times over! This is the Grays town! Always has been, always will be!"

"Only Grays I see left around here... Is you!" Micah hollers out, clearly teasing the man.

"You want us to come out! Well come out!" He shouts only to push Abby through the front door, and out onto sheriff porch. The sheriff quickly follows behind, holding onto her, before placing a gun onto the side of her head.

"Oh Abby..." Arthur sighs out in annoyance, only letting the girl sigh out in relief.

"Guns on the ground, now! Both of you!" The other men instruct.

"You know we can't do that..." Bill tells the men on the porch giving them orders.

"You put the gun down, sheriff!" Arthur shouts at the man holding his sister, clearly stressing out at the thought of losing her next.

"I'll blow her brains out! Do you wanna join your little friend there, do ya?" The sheriff yells out, before forcing Abby to stare down Sean's dead body, only making her whimper at the sight.

"Either way... Your a dead man. Morgan?" Micah

As soon as her boys aimed and kill the four men down in the porch, she immediately runs directly to Sean's body. Kneeling down in the muddy road, she takes notice of his lifeless features, and cries softly to herself.

"Awh, He was a good kid..." Arthur sighs out in disappointment while watching his sister grieving over the redhead.

"Well, how the hell was I to know—" Bill starts off saying, only to be interrupted by Arthur.

"Let me see... They set us up once before, they didn't like us, we destroyed their farm... should I go on?!" Arthur shouts angrily towards the man, while Abby takes that time to cover his bright blue eyes with his eye lids, and place his musky hat over his face.

"Go easy on him, Morgan. He was out trying to find a lead... same as you, same as Hosea... All you do is complain... when things don't work out. Except when it's your goddamn fault!" Micah shouts back at Arthur, only causing Abby to spring from beside Sean's body, and get up close into Micahs face.

"You don't know what the hell you're talking about. You don't give a damn about nobody but yourself!" She shouts while using her pointer finger to press up against his chest, expressing her much found anger.

"Oh! You act so high and mighty... but you aren't any better than the rest of us." He mutters causing her to scoff, and turn towards her brother who was picking up Sean's body from the ground.

"I've riden with you boys close on what.... six months now? And all you've ever done was complain. You can fight... but you can't think." Micah says, more directed towards Arthur than anyone else.

"You can't do either." Arthur fires back, causing Micah to laugh.

"Okay, cowpoke..." Micah says, mocking Arthur's accent.

"Bill, take the boys body. Bury him proper some place quiet." Arthur instruct Bill, while laying Sean's body on the back of Bills horse.

"Micah... it's best you and I don't speak for a moment." Arthur says to Micah, who only laughs more, while mounting onto his horse.
"I'm just so frightened by you..." Micah sarcastically tells Arthur, who whistled for Abby and his own horse.

"Abby you're with me." Arthur tells his little sister once their horses make an appearance.

𑁍

As the girl arrived back to camp with Arthur, anyone could tell the clear disappointment written on both of their faces. After everything went down, Arthur had taken his sister somewhere remote to help clear their heads. He tried getting the girl to write down her thoughts, but she wouldn't seem to budge. All she could do was allow the nature around to calm her down. Which sort of helped the girl, but she was still obviously shaken up with the whole situation. I mean who wouldn't? She practically witnessed her friends brains being blown out right in front of her. So Arthur made it his mission to first make sure that his baby sister was okay mentally, before returning her back to camp safely, and allowing her to find comfort in Javiers arms. But right before Arthur could get his sister some peace and comfort, yelling was heard throughout the camp. 

"Where's my son! They took him didn't they!" Abigails voice shouts, catching everyone's attention, most especially Abby's.

"What's going on?" Dutch asks, clearly interested in why one of his people were in distress.

"Jacks missing." Abigail tells their leader, causing Abby's heart to drop.

"What?" Abby mumbles before removing Arthur's arm away from her, and making her way towards the the two. This immediately caused Arthur to sigh, and instantly follow the girl behind.

"We think the Braithwaite woman took him!" Hosea exclaims. That Kieran saw a couple of fellers that sounded like Braithwaite boys." Hosea explains to the Morgan siblings, causing Abby to instantly pull the anxious mother into her arms.

"Where's my son? If anything... where is my son, Dutch Van der Linde?" She cries out to the leader, causing him to remain silent.

"Dutch!" Abby shouts angrily at the man, hoping she'd knock some sense into him.

"We will find him, we will bring him back to you... and we will kill any fool who had the temerity that touched one hair on that boys head—Abigail, you have my word." Dutch informs the mother being hugged close in Abby's arms.

"Just get me back my son." She cries out again, clearly trying to hold herself together.

"I will get that boy back. So help me god, right now." Dutch says before storming off to his horse, causing Abby to kiss the stressed mother's cheek, before walking after the men.

"Dutch we heard about Jack. Need some extra guns?" Bill asks the gang leader.

"Why the hell mot? Micah, Kieran, anyone strange comes up don't hesitate to kill—Rest of you, lets ride." Dutch announces while everyone started saddling up, even the youngest Morgan sibling.

"Abby what the hell are you doing?" Arthur asked, clearly taken off guard.

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm going to help get Jack back." She snaps sassily, almost as if her motherly instincts had completely kicked in, and forgot about her own needs.

"Abby your still shaken up about Sean. I don't know if it's a good—" Arthur tried to interject, but this only gets the girl more worked up.

"The Grays killed Sean, and now the Braithwaites took Jack. I'm going. End of story, no ones telling me otherwise." She sternly tells her brother while leading her horse down the path, causing all the man to stare at the girl in some sort of disbelief.

"You heard the lady, lets go get that boy back!" Dutch shouts before they all take off away from camp.

"They must of figured out what we were up too Dutch." Hosea states, causing Abby to scoff to herself.

"Yeah, we just got shot to hell by the Grays in town." Arthur informs everyone, causing Dutch to let out a sigh of defeat.

"I know... I heard about Sean too. I don't wanna even think about that now. We have to focus on Jack." He explains, which Abby actually agreed on.

"I swear, I'll kill everyone there." John comments angrily, causing Dutch to turn his head at the father.

"Easy, John. We need to stay calm." He tells the father, who just nods to himself.

"I'm fine." He mutters.

"How in hell did they even get to him?" Abby asks, clearly with a tone of irritation. She was sure this wouldn't of occurred if someone has eyes on the boy. Abby was usually the one who kept an eye out while his parents argued or fought.

"I don't know. But once we get him back, we'll make them pay—I'll tell you that." Dutch informs Abby, who's fist tighten on the reins.

"What about the gold?" Bill asks.

"Who gives a damn about the gold? They got Jack." John spats at the bearded man.

"I hate to break it to you—But... I don't think there is any gold. But if there is, then it's hidden somewhere no one knows." Hosea informs the gang, causing some to groan out in frustration.

"What?" Lenny asks, clearly shocked as the rest of the group.

"Ive turned every stone." Hosea informs, agreeing for the second time about our misfortune.
"For Christ's sake, Hosea! For all that? Another perfect scam." John annoyedly comments.

"We underestimated them." Hosea states, causing Abby to shake her head, and make an comment.
"No, they underestimated us—Dutch let me talk to that old hag, I'll get her to talk."

"Yes, ma'm." Dutch agrees, clearly liking the idea of Abby stepping up.

"So she gets to have at it, but I don't?" John asks, clearly pissed at the thought of Abby getting to manhandle these inbred assholes.

"A woman's wrath is much greater and fearful, John. It'd be for the best." Charles informs his stubborn friend.

"Enough talk. There is no point in arguing how we got here, this is where we are. And we are going to fix it—So come on!"

𑁍

"Alright dismount, and come with me." Dutch says once they make it to the Brathwaite manner. It was huge, and well guarded from the looks of it.

"First Sean, now Jack—We should've stayed out of all of this." Lenny mutters once they all dismount from their horse.

"Bit late for that, ain't it?" Bill says, agreeing along with Lenny for once.

"Quite! We're gonna fix this, right now— John, you sure your okay?" Dutch scolds the twi, before looking over to John. Everyone knew he was an hothead, so we needed him to keep his cool.

"Like I said—I'm fine." John mutters to the leafs.

"Well I'm sure as hell not." Abby mutters causing Javier to grab her upper arm, and pull her into his direction.

"You sure you want to—" Javier starts off, only to be interrupted soon after.

"There's no way talking me out if this. I'm not loosing Jack, I can't." She sternly tells the man, who just sighs down at his lover in defeat.

"I know." He says kissing her forehead, before leading her behind the others that were currently walking towards mansion.

"Both of these redneck families think that they can ruin us? I don't think so..." Dutch mutters to himself as they strolled closer to the building.

"There they are." Hosea whispers as the gang took an look at the m guarded area.

"Who steals a god damn boy." Dutch angrily asks himself, only causing Abby to respond.

"Savages." She mutters.

"I'm gonna let fly at those sobs of bitches!" John practically shouts, causing Dutch to become uneasy.
"John, Im going to need you to stay calm." Ge tells the man, who looked like he could take on this whole mansion by himself.

Once getting closer to the mansion, Dutch angrily hollers at the men guarding the place. "Get down here, now! You inbred trash!" He shouts, causing the guards nearest to them to speak up.

"What the hell do you want?"

"We come for the boy—you must known we've come." Dutch explains.

"Shouldn't of messed with out business now, should you?" The other guard says, causing Abby to grind her own teeth together in annoyance.

"Whatever complaint you have with us, alleged or otherwise. That is a young boy. That is not the way you do things. Hand him over." Dutch instructs the men standing before them.

"Get the hell off our land." One other guard spats in our direction, causing more Braithwaite men to retreat out of mansion with heavy ammo guns.

"If you ain't gonna be civilized about this..." Dutch starts off only to put a violet through his head, along with his friend. Gunshots immediately rang out, and billets flew in both directions. Obviously the gang managed to kill a few of the men off, and moved forward towards the mansion.

"Abby, Arthur, John, Hosea, your with me. The rest of you, watch out here for any other arrivals." Dutch orders the gang, causing the five to enter the mansion and clear out the bottom level. Once they  finish doing that, they soon made their way upstairs for the other remaining.

Once John and Arthur break down the door of the last remaining room, she goes to shoot the two man dead in their tracks. This allowed Hosea and Dutch to enter the opposite direction of the room with ease. Dutch then searches the bathroom, and drags out the old hag in her pajama gown.

"Do you want me to kill you too, old woman?" Dutch shouts, causing her to fight back, and try to escape from his arms.

"You bastards!" She shouts, causing him to push her up aggressively onto the wall.

"Where is the boy?" Dutch mutters.

"We lived in this house for a hundred and twenty years! We never had a problems 'cept for Yankees!" The hag shouts angrily, causing Abby to roll her eyes.

"Where is the boy? Who took him?" Hosea shouts down at the woman.

"You killed my sons!" She shouts back.

"Oh... I'll surely kill the rest of them, if you don't start talking." Dutch threatens the woman, but she didn't even seem to twitch.

"Oh, I know your type—Common Scum." She spats at Dutch, who only continues to glare at her.

"Where is the boy?" He repeats.

"You filth." She mutters, causing Dutch to sigh out in annoyance, before turning to Abby's direction.

"Alright fine—Ms. Braithwaite, Id like to introduce you to Ms. Morgan." Dutch introduces the two woman in the room.

"Where's the goddamn boy?" Abby immediately asks, capsizing a few tears to escape her eyes due to frustration.

"He yours?" The old woman asks with an smug smirk resting upon her face, which only made Abby angrier.

"No, I'm his Aunt. But let me tell you, I will still not hesitate to shoot you bitch."

"You won't. You won't because you need me." The old woman says with her smirk still resting upon her face. Once Abby thought of an idea, she smirks right back at the old woman. She didn't have any problem with us talking about killing her or more of her children. What she did seem to care about was the mansion itself. The mansion was her bragging right; the love of her life. And Abby was planning on taking just that...

"Your right. I won't. I think it would satisfy me more to watch you suffer." She mutters while aggressively grabbing ahold of her hair, causing the woman to yelp out in pain,

"Burn the place down, and don't hesitate to shoot anyone else left." Abby orders to the men in the room, before dragging the old hag out of the room by her hair.

"Yes ma'am." Dutch amusedly salutes the girl, before allowing the two other men to exit, and search the home. Abby then drags her down the stairs, making woman holler profanities her way, causing Abby to grip on the old woman hair tighter. As soon as they make their way fully down the stairs, the smell of smoke filled all of their noses. 

"You smell that?" Abby asks the screaming woman as she continues down the hallways of the mansion.
"Thats the smell of everything you love, burning to a crisp." Abby mutters to the woman, only to
suddenly watch an man desperately trying to crawl out of the house. Abby immediately stops to raise her pistol, and shoot him dead in front of the old woman.

"My boy!" She screams loudly as Abby pulls her out of the front door, and down the porch stairs towards the rest of he gang waiting patiently out by the mansion. They're eyes all widen at the scene, most especially Javier. He had never seen this side of Abby before, and if he was honest? Javier watched with proud eyes. It frankly turned him on watching her take control of the situation.

Abby removes the woman by the hair, watching her fall to the ground, screaming out in horror at the scene taking place. The mansion was completely in flames, everything the woman owned or loved was gone.

"You ready talk now?" She asks the woman who was crying hysterically onto the floor.

𑁍

When they returned back to camp without Jack. She couldn't help but feel horrible, as if she failed. Even feeling like this was somehow this was all her fault. She couldn't fall asleep either, thoughts of Jack in danger crossing her mind constantly. All they knew was that Angelo Bronte had him. Whoever that was, anyway. Saint Denis was their next destination, or  Italy. Either way, Abby would go to lengths to find that boy.

So when everyone went slowly to bed, she decided to stay sitting by the fire with Javier for awhile longer. It must of been two in the morning, and Javier was growing tired. Although, he remained lightly strumming his guitar, and keeping his lover companied.

Abby couldn't help but sulk in her own thoughts. The  many possibilities of this outcome only became more depressing. She couldn't help but stare down at the bracelet, and tear up. If anything, the item only brought bad luck. Sean was dead. Jack was now missing. She kept asking herself what was next?

"Mir amor, he will be okay." Javiers voice speaks up, soothing his lovers anxiousness with his scratchy voice, and Spanish nickname.

"I hope so." She mutters while playing with the dangling four leaf charm, causing the Spaniard to sigh in defeat at the sight. Immediately he puts his instrument down, scoots over closer to the girl, before placing a loving kiss on the side of her temple.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 75 65
Sequel to "When We Were Younger". Three years have past since Cahira was taken from Arthur and Lilly. Lilly has embarked on a journey since then, t...
5.1K 201 19
BIG ASS โš ๏ธ This was made when I was 13 years old- there for it is really cringe worthy so if you do decide to read it- tread carefully- You were a gi...
141K 3.5K 46
ever since your family was killed by a gang of outlaws, you've lived your life on the run. you had to learn to survive on your own and protect yourse...
59 1 4
"Love, (Y/n)? You don't mean that...?" His voice trails off and you see the gears in the mechanism of his mind turn as he realizes what you mean. His...