Love and Loss (The Fun Gilber...

Par Jbic02

Jessica Gilbert has finally graduated high school and has decided to attend the University of New Orleans wit... Plus

Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1- End Of Summer
Chapter 2- True Lies/House of the Rising Sun
Chapter 3- Tangled Up in Blue
Chapter 4- Girl In New Orleans
Chapter 5- Playing My Own Side
Chapter 6- Revenge
Chapter 7- Bloodletting
Chapter 8- The River in Reverse
Chapter 9- Ever The Savior
Chapter 10- Runaway Witch
Chapter 11- Après Moi, Le Déluge
Chapter 12- Transitions and Choices
Chapter 13- Le Grand Guignol/ Farewell to Storyville
Chapter 14- The Devil Inside
Chapter 15-Guilt & Anger Make Bad Bedfellows
Chapter 16- An Unblinking Death
Chapter 17- A Closer Walk With Thee
Chapter 18- The Battle of New Orleans
Chapter 19- From a Cradle to a Grave
Cast Part 2
Chapter 20- I'll Remember/Rebirth
Chapter 21- Yellow Ledbetter/ Alive and Kicking
Chapter 23-Prison World Blues (Part 2)
Chapter 24- Back From the Dead
Chapter 25- Why, Kai, Why?
Chapter 26- Merging
Chapter 27- Clifford the Big Red Door
Chapter 28- Links and Bonds
Chapter 29- Friends-giving
Chapter 30- Weddings and Hexes
Chapter 31- Long Lost Sisters
Chapter 32- Taking Chances
Chapter 33- Hateful Reunions
Chapter 34- Plots and Tricks
Chapter 35- Staying One Step Ahead
Chapter 36- Different Sides
Chapter 37- Friend or Foe?
Chapter 38- Everyone's Favorite Brother
Chapter 39- The Final Battle
Chapter 40- The Aftermath
Beacon Falls

Chapter 22- Prison World Blues (Part 1)

547 16 5
Par Jbic02

A/N: So the way things play out in my book versus season 2 of TO and season 6 of TVD are obviously going to be different but I want to clear some things up to avoid confusion. First off, in my book Jo knows who Liv and Luke are and she knows that they are at Whittmore. She isn't close to them but doesn't want them to have to do the merge. Jo lives and works in New Orleans and that's where she meets Ric. Also, everyone will be getting out of the prison world faster than in the show and this takes place in the episode where Ric meets Jo so sorry if you were looking forward to reading about that. Hayley and Jack are going to decide to get married sooner and Hope will also come into the story sooner. This also takes place during Every Mother's Son so I'll be skipping that episode as well. If you have any questions, feel free to comment them and I'll answer them so long as there are no spoilers.~J😘😍

Jessica's P.O.V.

I come downstairs after my shower to find that Kai is awake. He's successfully managed to piss off both Damon and Bonnie so they have united in their hatred for him, which means they aren't fighting, which is good for me. "Great, everyone's getting along!" I say with fake enthusiasm, not really sure why I'm putting on the act.

"Oh great, the pretty girl that killed me has arrived. Want to stake me again, gorgeous?" Malachai winks suggestively and I see Damon about to attack him so I hold up my hand.

"I don't think that I've heard gorgeous unaccompanied by a British accent in a while. Kind of disappointing," I sigh before getting down to business. "Look, we need the ascendant so we can get out. I know the spell and the ingredients and I intend to take you with me so you can do your little merge with your twin and take over the Gemini coven. I'm cool with it, so long as you don't kill anyone. But I can't do that without the ascendant," I say and I can tell that my irritation slips in and my persona falls, making Bonnie and Damon look at me in surprise while Malachai studies me.

"Well for starters, my name is Kai, please call me that. Second, there's something wrong with you and I'd like to know what before I agree to help." Damon goes to deny it but I growl.

"Must you be obstinate? I don't have to take you with me. I can look into your mind it's simply that I have recently begun to control that power and don't wish to slip, which I might since you've buried it in your subconscious to hide it from prying vampire eyes."

Damon scrutinizes me as does Bonnie, who gasps. "Oh my God. You split your soul," she says and I would be mad if that didn't mean that she was getting more of a grasp on her magic, something she will need to survive when we get back.

"She couldn't have. You'd have to be a very powerful witch to do that and it's never been done successfully," Kai states, and I snort.

"What do you think the merge is, you idiot?" He looks at me confused so I elaborate. "There was a spell placed on the Gemini's years ago to allow them to attain extra power, shitty but better than sacrifice in terms of nature I guess. When a Gemini is blessed with twins it's really just one baby that's been split into two souls. Since it happens in the womb they can be identical or fraternal twins. A soul split that happens out of the womb is more dangerous and generates carbon copies," I explain.

"So there's another you running around here?" Damon asks and I sigh.

"No, I split my soul the morning purgatory collapsed. I set it up so it would split when Davina did the spell to bring Mikael back."

"Why?" Kai asks as Bonnie and Damon both shout, "Mikael's back!"

"Yes but D's keeping him on a tight leash and he had to come back for my other half to. To answer Kai's question, I did it because nature had two tasks for me. I can't tell you what my task is but I can tell you what her's is."

"What is it?" Bonnie questions curiously and the other two pay attention as well.

"With the Otherside disintegrating and sending everyone remaining that couldn't find peace to Hell, people who knew they couldn't, found a different way. To save Klaus' baby, who everyone believes is dead now and so will you when we arrive until I say different," Jessica quickly compels before continuing. "We had to kill two Harvest girls and Genevieve, who was alive in the place of the final Harvest girl. As a result, three souls could take their places so Esther brought back Kol and Finn, placing them in bodies of witches while she took over the body of the last Harvest girl. Carter's task was to kill Esther and convert the other two if possible but she had a relationship with Esther when she was falling in love with Nik so nature allowed her a chance to convert Esther."

"Yeah, cause that'll happen," Damon scoffs and I grin.

"That's what I'm counting on, because if she fails then I get to kill Esther after we merge back. But for now, I'm just Jessica Gilbert who fell in love with Damon and Nik and only cares deeply about Caroline and slightly more for Elena, Jer, and Bonnie because I don't have the loyalty or familiarity of love that was attached to Carter," I explain, making Bonnie look at me confused.

"What does that mean?"

"It means that she'll take Damon with her when she leaves but we are expendable to her," Kai answers. "Isn't that right?"

I shrug. "Basically, but don't worry, I might not feel the need to bring you but I know that if the other half of me was here I would so I intend to do so," I clarify before telling them about Kai. "Little warning, Kai here can siphon, meaning that he can take magic from someone, it's the only way he can generate magic until the merge. That's sort of why he was locked up here. This means to be careful because if he takes all your magic Damon, it'll kill you and I don't know what will happen to Bonnie but you probably won't die, although getting Siphoned hurts so I wouldn't recommend it." I turn to Kai and sigh. "I'm going to let you out but if you piss me off, I will kill you again."

I walk over to untie him but Damon stops me. "What about you, what if he siphons you?"

I give him a look. "He can't," I easily answer.

"What do you mean I can't?" Kai demands as I cut the zip-ties off his wrists.

I hold out my wrist. "Give it a shot." He grabs my wrist and tries but nothing happens. "Told you, now we need more groceries since we are stuck here until Bon-Bon gets her magic back and I want to make sure that I get to keep all the grimoires I collected when we get back so I'm going to stay here. Kai, try and think of where that ascendant might be okay." With that, I head back to my room to spell the grimoires to appear in my dorm room at UNO.

_____

About an hour later, the trio comes back with Bonnie having her powers back and an angry Damon, who Kai attacked with vervain to kickstart Bonnie's magic. "Get over it, Damon," I scold before turning to Bonnie. "Let's hope it wasn't a fluke," I say, pulling out a map. "Do a locator spell, use Kai's blood. Since he's linked to the prison world, he's also linked to the key out." Bonnie does as told and the spell works, leading off the map.

"The spell's moving towards Virginia. That can't be right," Kai claims in a cocky voice while I just grin at him.

"Sure it can. In fact, I bet it's close," I say, moving towards him and slipping my hand into his inside jacket pocket, pulling it out. "Right here, where it's been since I staked you in the woods," I smirk, heading to the bar to pour some bourbon.

"You knew where it was?" Bonnie asked. "Why didn't you tell us?"

I shrug. "You'll need your magic in the real world, Bon. I also don't need you to get out of here and I could've found Kai at any point but I need us all to trust each other."

"We've been stuck here for 4 months and we could've been home that whole time?" Damon demands, advancing on her. I can see Bonnie get scared and notice Kai take a defensive stance, ready to protect me if needed. That makes me smile, knowing that the plan is working.

"No, Damon, we couldn't because you can't leave without me since I know the spell, I know the ingredients, and I have the power to send you to Hell right now but I haven't because I love you. Both of you," I amend, looking to Bonnie before looking back to Damon. "I told you, Day, I had a mission and I had to follow it or we would all be stuck here," I tell him truthfully. He stares at me before nodding. "Don't worry, you'll be screwing my sister in no time," I joke and Kai chokes on air.

"What?" He looks from me to Damon to Bonnie and then back to me. "What am I missing?"

I laugh. "I used to date Damon, which is why we were sleeping together, Mr. Stalker, but we broke up because he fell for my sister and I fell for Niklaus Mikaelson, I'm sure you know who he is."

He nods in awe. "Yeah, but we thought he was a myth. Nobody had seen him for years. How does someone like you fall for him, he's killed billions."

I smile thinking about Nik. "He had a bad childhood and then his mom put a curse on him. He felt empty and tried to fill it with killing people. He's better now," I claim and he nods before turning to Damon in confusion.

"Wait, you were dating her and you broke up with her for her sister? I mean, I haven't met her sister, but there can't be someone better than Jessica." I giggle at the compliment while Damon glares.

"First off, she's taken, and second off, I didn't break up with her, she broke up with me and then fell in love with Klaus," he says bitterly and I kiss his cheek before turning to Kai.

"Well, let's find where we need to be to go home. After you, Malachai," I announce, and Kai nods, grabbing the ascendant in a daze and walking outside. While he begins to find where we need to be, Bonnie begins going through the newspaper, looking for the article that talks about a kid named Malachai. She finds it and immediately gets all indignant about how we can't take him with us and how he's a murder.

"Bonnie," Damon warns, seeing my temper dissipate, but she continues until I spin on her.

"There is no us, Bonnie," I hiss. "I already told you I would leave you here. Newsflash, you're friends with a shitload of murders. Stefan and Damon used to kill people for sport. Damon killed a pregnant lady that was pregnant with his niece and would've killed me if I didn't have magic at age 5. You can't leave without me and I won't leave without Kai so get over yourself or enjoy eternity here." Bonnie glares at me before storming away, I shrug my shoulder and turn to follow Kai but Damon stops me.

"I'll talk to her, don't leave us here," he begs and I feel my face soften as I nod and find Kai.

"Here, get Damon to start digging here," Kai says as I approach and I laugh.

"Why do we need Damon?" I ask before focusing on the ground and a hole begins to form as it obeys my will.

Kai smiles at me with an innocent grin that shouldn't be worn by someone who killed all but 3 of his siblings. "Is that what's it's like to have natural magic?" He asks, taking a seat against a tree. I sit next to him and shake my head.

"No, most magic is polluted, mine is pure, completely linked to nature. Once I merge with my other half, I'll become the balance. I'll determine what is and isn't natural."

"Sounds like a lot of pressure," he says, sounding sad, and I know that he heard what Bonnie said, so I turn to him.

"I have this power," I begin. "When I touch people, I can see their lives. Nature thinks that you can be saved and after I saw what happened to you, I want to save you, Kai. You didn't deserve the life you got. You didn't ask to be born a siphon and you shouldn't have been punished for it. Yeah, you punished the wrong people, but I get why you wanted your siblings to pay. They turned their backs on you and that was wrong. I'll change Bonnie's mind, I promise." He nods and I suddenly realize how close we are.

Kai seems to notice the same thing and begins to lean in as he looks at my lips before backing out at the last second and turning away. "Sorry," he mumbles as a thought occurs to me and I put my hand under his chin and turn to me.

"Kai, have you ever kissed anyone before?" I ask bluntly and his face turns red as he shakes his head.

"My dad wouldn't let me go anywhere, he was worried that I might do something so I wasn't allowed to go to school or leave the house. I was homeschooled so I never got the chance, not because-" I cut off his rambling as I touch my lips to his. It's soft and light at first before he leans into it, slipping his hands into my hair and tilting my head and licking my lips for entrance. I obey and open my mouth. He slips his tongue inside and begins to massage mine with his own before pulling away with glazed-over eyes.

"Now you have," I state as I stand up and begin to head towards the house, knowing that we missed the eclipse for the day. I stop and turn back to see him with a big grin on his face and a hand touching his lips and I hold back a giggle. "And for someone that's never kissed someone before, you were pretty good at it," I comment before walking to the house, hoping that I can convince Bonnie to let him come along.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

17.1K 577 45
One kiss changed everything. After defeating Dahlia thanks to the devious minds of Jessica Gilbert and Klaus Mikaelson, Jessica was excited to finall...
652K 16.8K 75
"You feel no remorse do you? You don't feel remorse for the people you've hurt, the people you've killed. They're just things to you." "That's not tr...
483 0 9
Hazel Gilbert is the shadow of Elena her older sister and so she doesn't really talk much she's close to Jeremy her older brother Hazel is 15 while J...
284K 6K 106
What if Kol got a girl pregnant around the same time Klaus got Hayley pregnant? Kol and Davina met at a nightclub and sparks flew straight away and t...