One Reason Why

Par Prettyoungthing

Some people would call it their biggest mistake, I'm calling it my one reason why. #1 in onenight 12/28/19 #... Plus

Disclaimer
Character List
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Tweleve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter Eighteen

4.9K 233 101
Par Prettyoungthing

So I've been on bed rest for about three weeks and I'm sick of the shit! Everybody out living their best lives meanwhile I'm stuck in the house getting fatter everyday.

James, Mia, Tae, and a few other people have been over a LOT and that's just about the only thing that's keeping me sane.

I have an appointment on Monday that'll let me know if I'm gonna still be on bed rest or not, but Tae is leaving tomorrow for atl, pause for dramatic cry, and y'all already know I'm breaking bed rest, or house arrest as I like to call it, to see my bestie off.

Speaking of bed rest, I guess I need to update y'all on some stuff, huh?

After the first few days of "bed rest" I decided that I needed a project so with the help of my friends, online shopping, and James, of course, I finished my baby's nursery.

Which I'm super in love with.

We still don't know who hit me, but James told me that Kobi, his brother, and Mia's boyfriend, is looking into it.

I guess drug dealers can are detectives too or some.

But anyways that's all for the "catching up" I haven't been doing shit other than trying to build my brand up more online.

Which has been working, online traffic has been great due to Mia modeling my stuff since my bump is not allowing me to right now

James should be over soon with my food since I didn't feel like cooking, and then he's going to take me to Tae's since my car was totaled and I haven't had the opportunity to get a new one.

Speaking of James, he now has a key to my house, and no it's not like that y'all, it was just easier for him when he was bringing stuff for the nursery, and bringing me food like he's doing now.

Deciding to watch tv while waiting on my food, yeah I'm kinda getting impatient, I turn on Netflix scrolling through the new tittles, but I was soon interrupted with the sound of James coming through the door with my food.

"Ooo, finally! What did you bring me?" I ask, reaching for the bag.

"My favorite, burgers." He said, passing me my bag and sitting next to me.

"Ooo, it smells so good!" I told him as I grabbed my food out the bag.

Moaning through my first bite, I thank him, before finishing all my food in less than 8 minutes, yeah y'all, me and the baby were hungry as hell.

"Damn mama, you was hungry af wasn't it?" James stopped eating to make fun of me.

"I sure was!" I responded back smiling big as hell.

He snapped a picture of me smiling at him.

"Boy delete that!" I yelled trying to snatch his phone from him.

"Nope, it's already posted on the gram." He responded kissing me to make me forget about grabbing his phone.

I get up, stopping the kiss.

He smacks his lips and ask, "why you get up?"

"Boy I need to get dressed or I'll miss Tae!"

He nods his head and picks his food back up, allowing me to walk into my room where I check what he posted.

•••

"You just missed your turn." I tell James, tapping him on his shoulder.

"Go back to your phone and mind ya business, I know where I'm going." He told me before turning up his music.

Imma mind my business, but only because I know he gone buy me food after this.

About five minutes later we pull up at a restaurant and James turns off his car.

"Sooo are you gonna tell me why we're here instead of at Tae's place?" I ask with an attitude.

"Girl get ya ass out the car," he says, wetting out his car and walking to my side to open the door for me.

I get out, following him inside the restaurant. Confused as hell.

As soon as I walked through the door, everybody in the restaurant yelled, "SURPRISE!!!"

Looking around, I notice that it's blue decoration everywhere and hella gifts.

I instantly begin to cry and run to hug Tae, who's standing in front of everyone, smiling with his arms out.

This pregnancy really got me emotional as hell.

I run into his arms, thanking him a hundred times, crying in the process. Because in the middle of him getting ready for a big ass move he still thought enough of me to throw me a surprise baby shower.

Breaking from our hug, I ask him "how'd you do all this?"

"I'd do anything for my bestie, especially since I feel like I'm abandoning you mid pregnancy. I had to go all out for my Godson."

"You're not abandoning me, you're leveling up, and you acting like we won't visit you all the time."

Wiping my tears, Tae hugs me again and says, "we need to turn up, fuck all this emotional shit."

Laughing with him, I agree.

Walking around and greeting everyone I see a familiar, but out of place face. My sister, Aniya.

"Hey sis what are you doing here?" I ask, pulling her in for a hug.

We've been getting pretty close since my accident, but I'm confused as to why she's here since I really hadn't told anyone about her.

"My business partner invited me, he told me that he wanted you to meet the one that was 'stealing him away' to see if you approved." She said with a laugh.

That's when I put two and two together.

Like I said, we'd been talking and getting to know each other. She told me that she lived in Atlanta and did hair, she must be the business partner that's in business with Tae.

"It's a small world, Tae is your business partner?" I ask to confirm my suspicions.

She nods her head.

"Oh see now I know he's in good hands," I hug her while laughing.

"I'm still mad you're taking my bestie from me, but this just gave me even more reason to visit after having the baby." I tell her while rubbing my belly.

"So I see you two have met." Tae interrupts, completely clueless to the situation.

Telling them about my sister has been the last thing on my mind, especially when I have so many questions about it myself.

"Well, I didn't tell y'all this, but the night of my gender reveal, I found out she was my sister. I had no idea that this was your business partner though." I said, lightly hitting his chest.

"Damn that makes so much sense, i kept telling you how you reminded me of my friend Ari." Tate said talking to Aniya.

"You did and I thought it was weird, especially considering I didn't know her then." She said laughing.

"Anyways, mama I came over here for a reason! It's time for you to open gifts, and I do need to get going soon. I can't miss my flight." Tae said pulling me from Aniya.

"We'll talk later!" She yells after me.

•••

After two hours, of what was the best surprise baby shower ever, it was time to take Tae to the airport.

Before leaving the restaurant, Tae and I took a pic which I cried right after doing it because what am I gonna do without my bestie?

Mia's extra emotional ass saw me crying and came over and started crying with me, making me cry even harder while we hugged Tae.

Kobi eventually pulls her off us, and James does the same with me.

"Bye Tae, I love you so much, and don't forget to call us as soon as you land, and then again when you get to your place. " Mia grilled, like a over protective mom.

She isn't going with us to the airport, which is why she's saying her goodbyes now.

"Bye baby, and you know I'll be getting on your nerves with all the FaceTimes imma do with y'all." He tells her,  hugging her one more time before she and Kobi leaves.

"Alright Ari, y'all ready?" Tae asked before getting in the backseat.

•••

The ride to the airport was uneventful as hell.

All we did was sing songs and get on James' nerves with how off key we were, but if we're being honest, I think my love for Summer Walker is rubbing off on him because he was silently singing along.

Makes sense since she's who I listen to the most. I wouldn't be surprised if my baby's first words were to Body with how much I listen to it.

Getting out the the car with Tae, I watch as he get his suitcase out the trunk, since I can't really help him.

Once he's done, I walk over to him, wrapping my arms around him in a tight hug.

"You sure I can't convince you to stay?" I mumble into his neck.

Laughing, he responds, "Ari you know I need this opportunity."

"Yeah I know but I feel like I'm losing a part of me. You're my best friend, the other part of our trio, who else is gonna help me raise the baby?"

Pulling away from my hug, he laughs at me and says, "girl please you got a whole baby daddy!"

I pout.

Hugging me tightly one last time, he tells me, "bye baby mama, I have a flight to catch and you know I'll call you everyday!"

Before walking away, he turns to James, who I didn't even notice had gotten out of the car and says, "take care of my girl, and Godson."

"You already know." James says.

Tae nods and walks off, leaving me to watch his retreating figure.

After watching until I can't see him anymore, I turn and walk back to James' car.

We sit in a comfortable silence as he drives back to my place.

•••

Later that night

Feeling lost after Tae's departure, I turn to James for comfort.

Meaning we almost had sex, until we both thought about the whole no sex thing.

Everything is working against me right now.

Feeling lost, and not knowing what to do, I decide to act on what I've been feeling lately.

After all the time I've been spending with James, the stolen kisses, the deep late night talks, the simple little things that he does for me, remembers about me, I had a realization.

I'm in love with him.

This wasn't planned. It wasn't supposed to happen. He was just supposed to be someone that I could have sex with when the hormones were too much.

We weren't supposed to involve feelings, but somehow, they were involved, and I have to tell him.

Ever since we got back I had been trying to find a good way to tell him, but it was never the perfect time.

Now that he's in the shower, I've had time to think and I've decided to tell him after he gets out.

I need to get it off my chest.

Speak of the devil. I thought to myself, watching him come out of the bathroom, dressed in only shorts that hung low on his hips.

Watching him as he walks to the other side of the bed and lays beside me, he asks "like what you see?"

"Maybe." I respond biting my lip shyly, getting nervous as hell.

Pulling me out of my thoughts, he leans over to me and kisses me deeply.

After breaking the kiss, I blurt out "I'm in love with you."

He looks at me, obviously taken back by my blurted confession and says, "Ari you know that wasn't supposed to happen. We weren't supposed to get feelings involved. You can't feel this way."

"But why not?" I question.

"Like I know you feel a sick sense of loyalty to her because of what happened, but you don't even love her like that. You've slept over here so much that I know she probably suspects something. Why not be truthful to her? I just don't understand. I know you love me."

I threw question after question at him, not understanding why he can't just day he loves me back. I know he does he can't tell me that he doesn't.

"Ari can you just dead the shit? I'm not leaving her. You know why I'm with her and why I can't. So don't even trip over it. You knew what it was before we started fucking again. You knew we wasn't getting feelings involved and now you wanna trip? You on some lil girl shit."

"Lil girl shit? How about you man the fuck up!" I yelled getting angry.

"You stuck in a relationship with a bitch you don't even like for real just because you feel bad for not protecting her, but what about me? You been doing all this shit for me, pretending to care, now that my feelings involved and you basically just telling me that I'm fucked? So just fuck me and your child, huh?" I ask pushing him in his chest.

Pissed that I feel this way over a man that's too pussy to know when to let something go. Like I know he feels bad over the situation, but how's marrying he gonna help?

"Ain't nobody tell you to get your dumbass feelings involved, in fact that's the exact opposite of what you was supposed to do. You knew what it was, you knew I wasn't leaving her." He said jumping up to put on his clothes and leave.

"You know what? You got the right fucking idea. Matter of fact? Don't come around me or my child anymore." I yelled to his retreating figure as he walked towards my door.

I can't believe that me telling him that i loved him turned into this. I think to myself as I follow him, feeling my whole body heat up with anger and heartbreak.

I'll let you know when the actual baby shower is, and your presence will not be needed at anymore at any of my appointments." I yelled as he walked out the door.

"And BLACK, leave my fucking key." I said putting emphasis on the word Black.

Snatching it off his key ring, he throws it at me while saying, "you not gone keep me away from my damn child, you lost your fucking mind. I'll see you Monday at the appointment." He yelled back.

"Fuck you." I told him before slamming and locking the door in his face before going into my bedroom to cry my eyes out at our blowout that just occurred.

•••

Whew, what a ending.  Excuse any errors 🥴

What do y'all think is gonna happen next? Who do y'all think was in the wrong?

Do y'all have any baby name suggestions

As always, thanks for reading everyone! We finally hit 1k votes!! I love y'all ❤️❤️❤️

I normally don't do this but I HAD to shout them out since they had me entertained with their comments.
S/O to niccipay you're reader of the week boo! 💖

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

2.6M 151K 48
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
674K 33.9K 28
π“π‘πž π”π§πžπ±π©πžπœπ­πžπ 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐞𝐬 ~ 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐀 𝟐 Sara Zafar, once a vibrant, effervescent spirit, embarks on a new chapter of her life in New Y...
3.6M 286K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
2M 110K 96
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...