Horizons of Love✓

By RealityvsDreamss

⚠ Go through Readers' Reviews Section on page 2 and in end of part 40B , it 'll help you decide if story is w... More

About the Story
REVIEW BY READERS
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
NOTE(Very important and not regarding update)
Part 17
NOTE
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21A
Part 21B
NOTE(Point 3 updated)
Part 22
Teaser
Part 23A
Part 23B
Part 23 C
Part 23D
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30A
Part 30B
Part 31
Note[NOT TO BE IGNORED]
Part 32
Part 33 A
Part 33 B
FUN TEASER
Part 33C
Part 34
Part 36A
NOTE
Part 36B
Part 36C
Part 37A
Part 37B
Part 38
Q & A
Part 39A
Part 39B
Part 39 C
Part 40 A
Part 40B

Part 35

8.9K 555 375
By RealityvsDreamss

THOSE WHO MISSED TO VOTE ON INDIVIDUAL CHAPTER WHILE READING IN FLOW, PLEASE TAKE OUT 5 MINUTES AND VOTE ON THE PARTS THAT YOU THINK DESERVE IT. YOU CAN ALWAYS POST YOUR QUESTIONS REGARDING PLOT LINE, POV AND ANY OTHER DOUBT IN Q & A IN TABLE OF CONTENTS or IN THE CONCERNED CHAPTER. IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE IN POSTING IN COMMENT SECTION, PLEASE SEND YOUR REMARK IN INBOX DIRECTLY. THANK YOU.

Not proofread. A warning of sugary update. Courtesy: too many chocolates, I have consumed today.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Days passed in similar fashion. They enjoyed it all. Be it couple exercises, bringing home her ordered list of eatables, the joy on her face was worth it all. All his dreams were indulged thoroughly. Trio would lie on their bed going through funny pregnancy books. Aloo would get excited at every baby pic claiming it to be his sister's. Arnav made sure Khushi walked at least for ten minutes every morning. Her nausea had mostly subsided by now. Arnav banned her from watching action movies- only comedy were allowed and soothing music, they played at poolside to lull her to sleep. Baby's movement again changed her sleeping pattern. He would stay up completing his office work as she did her research work at nights, sleeping in afternoons. Her hair had grown silkier again and both father-son loved running their hands in them. 

Shashi had started to do things on his own. He even made jalebi once, clear indication that his hands were all fine now. His speech therapist was also positive about the recovery as physiotherapy was going well. He was working on writing skills with his grandson and thoroughly enjoyed the precious moments. Mahendar would join them at times and it would then become difficult to distinguish who was bigger kid. Arnav was so glad that everyone bonded so well with each other though he had noticed something was again off with Khushi and Mami. He decided to bring it up after delivery only.    

**********

One day, Khushi was back in laboratory  after lunch when her phone starting vibrating. Cutting the call she asked her spy to message her. When she got the info, she almost marched to door but Mrs. Bhatnagar's questioning glare took her back to her seat. 

Its 14:30, Arnav received Khushi's cryptic message.  

Yes it is 14:31, he replied

You had your lunch at 13:30 , right?

No reply

Get up and have your lunch NOW!! Aur Amanji par chillane ka sochiyega bhi mat.(Dont you dare shout at Aman for this) 

Right now busy, ll have in 10 min, so don't get worked up uselessly. Relax and concentrate on your observations!! , Arnav sent her the usual template message he had reserved for her.

RAKSHAS, Don't raise my BP, GO HAVE YOUR LUNCH...NOW !!!

Knowing she 'll pester him till the end, Arnav walked out of his cabin, to find Aman standing outside the door with a hotcase. He snatched it, glaring murderously at the fink. Aman who had bullet proof jacket(his Khushi Bhabhi) with him, daringly smirked at his boss in return and sent the message to his reporting authority. 

Arnav too sent her a pic of empty lunchbox after twenty minutes with I love you too, baby caption, to melt down his angry bird.

If you want your head to remain on your shoulders, make sure this is never repeated again. Aage aapki marzi 🤷 , came her unromantic reply. (Rest is your choice!)

BTW Arushi loves Daddy too😘😘😘. Don't forget to pick her Mummy at 4, his phone beeped after 5 minutes. Arnav sighed at her roller-coaster hormones. What else could a man in such situation do, other than sighing? 

***********

Today was first hearing of defamation case today at Patiala House Court. Arnav was getting ready to leave for the same. A tense Khushi, had taken a leave today coz Arnav was going for a personal hearing in front of a judge for the first time. She had done full research on the matter and was currently fidgeting on bed after his glare had strictly told to stop moving to and fro. She was obviously not allowed to go with him, Anjali was going instead. Arnav personally wanted to go with his hot-headed sister-in-law who would successfully break that Sheetal's nose at slightest provocation unlike lethal Anjali. He wanted immediate retribution.

Arnav was almost done dressing up when Khushi got up and turned him around. She had just imagined a contempt of court case on him for barking at the judge, "Aap wahan chillaoge to nahi na?" ("You wont lose your cool in the court, right?")

"No, I 'll not. Khushi, please calm down, for your DM's sake! I m not going to war front."

"Hum to calm hi hain", she tried to laugh it off.("I 'm calm ")

"Yeah, it is so apparent!!", he remarked. He was setting the collar of his suit jacket when her small hands tried to replace his. Arnav almost sighed. She wasn't able to reach there, owing to her six and half month belly but she was one adamant woman. He sat down on dressing chair to avoid stretching her muscles. 

Khushi while doing his tie, again started her instructions, "Don't reply to her inside or outside the chamber. Vo aapko uksane ki koshish karegi, don't fall in her trap. Gusse mein aapko kuch pata nahi chalta so just don't hear her at all and try to stay cool. It can go against you both in media and before the Judge. Okay?", she cupped his face, pretty serious but all Arnav could see was an innocent baby trying to be big and wise. Little Red Riding Hood advising Big Bad Wolf, how to survive a street dog Sheetal! She doesn't know the actual dealings of a court. It'd be nothing but cakewalk for him. ("Don't reply to her inside or outside the chamber. They 'll try to instigate you, don't fall in her trap. You don't know but you go mad in anger so just don't hear her at all and try to stay cool. It can go against you both in media and before the Judge. Okay?")

She would have been better in college today busy in research but she wont understand all this. He hoped all this get finished soon and they can plan their baby shower. "Yes Ma'am. I 'll follow your instructions to T", he nodded, hooking his hands on her waist and peppered kisses on her protruding belly. Arnav looked up into her eyes after sometime, "And you'll ensure that my baby is not stressed at all ?"  

"I will make sure your Arushiji is not stressed at all", she rolled her eyes at the over-protective father.

"I was talking about my big baby", he dropped another kiss on her belly

"Alooji?"

"No", with a peck.

"Okay, Khushiji 'll not take itna sa bhi(not even tiny bit) stress. Happy?", she gave him a dazzling smile. 

Arnav smacked an open-mouth one on her kurti and stood up. "Very happy. Am I allowed to leave now?"

Khushi held his arms and pulled him down to her level. Before he could question her, she placed her lips on his. Pleasantly surprised, Arnav obliged her with equal participation, his hands moving into her hair as he went for deeper exploration, stroke for stroke. They came up for air after sometime, completely breathless.

"What was that for?", Arnav spoke touching their foreheads as they tried to gain their wits back. It was just mind blowing! Heaven! 

"Aise hi, mann kar raha tha", she shrugged, trying to control her blush as she stared at him confidently. Not knowing that her red nose, pink cheeks and swollen lips looked even more enticing, a give-away of her bout of shyness.("No reason...just felt like doing it...")

"You know something? You are the cutest thing in this world", his eyes were twinkling as he pecked her lips again before flicking her nose and they went downstairs. Sheetal and the case, now, far far away from their minds and they both knew it 'll remain so for the rest of the day. A fine kiss in the morning can also keep you calm for the rest of the day, Garima may not have told Khushi but she figured it out herself. 

Anjali & Arnav left for court and Khushi & Laxmi ate their ghass-phoos. Khushi had no problem sharing her food though it was completely new phenomenon for a foodie like her. Laxmi 'meh'ed several times to warn her dearest friend that HP, Arnav's informer has seen their entire 'sharing is caring' exchange and the evening 'll not be so pleasant for her. But her friend was busy in her own world where carrots and peas were actually aloo-poori, jalebi, halwa...wah wah.

************

Cold calculative ASR didn't need to interact with Sheetal who claimed to have, not made, any defamatory statement against him with knowledge and intention.[How their linkup could be  defamatory, was beyond her

Hearing went well as most things -evidences, witnesses and even media trail was now in favor of Arnav. AR had ensured the public trial really went public with extensive media coverage and regular update of proceedings on social media caused further damage to Sheetal. Her lawyer contested the intention part but due to glaring evidences, he sought time for replying. Judge acquiesced, granting her bail alongwith, a fourteen days period for filing response. Arnav's lawyer proposed that if Sheetal tendered an unconditional written apology plus compensation of 50 crore, they 'll not pursue for her imprisonment. Though disappointed, Arnav was happy that he 'll not need to appear again in further proceedings till specially summoned. 

After the hearing, Sheetal's  lawyer advised her that it would be better for her to go for out of court settlement as she had been really careless with her dealings. All evidences incriminated her of a very carefully crafted conspiracy to defame the plaintiff and that too when two other cases were not in picture yet. 

Fear of a possible jail term brought home many realizations to Sheetal Kapoor. She accepted that she has committed a huge mistake in her quest of a man who would never be hers even if he was single. She realized that if he needed rescuing from his marriage or not, should have been a non-issue for her. She had foolishly pursued, infact embroiled herself in a matter that was not her concern in first place! His cold face today clearly indicated how unaffected, he was with her. Why didn't she see it before? Today, she could really feel those hate vibes coming from him. He was so cruel and greedy that he demanded 50 crores for a tiny article! Public written apology would be a huge humiliation for her, damaging her identity, her reputation. Couldn't he see that? Wasn't he friends with her at Harvard? This defamation charge was utterly ridiculous, so insulting! And pressing the false charges of intimidating his wife when it was that manner-less woman who insulted her in presence of whole family. Another headache was Lavanya-NK. They had lodged a privacy case under IT Act, for unlawful use of their wedding pictures. It may lead to two years imprisonment. 

Three criminal cases against her just bcoz she failed to see the true face of this man. 

What a fool she had been to lose her job, bring defamation to herself and may even lose her hard earned money or go to jail just for what? Pursuing a man who didnt want even her shadow, who didnt need her help! Let him rot in there! Those two were fit for each other, completely mannerless. It was so stupid to throw herself on him when he had no eyes for her! You're an idiot Sheetal! 

Now, her only hope was they agreed to take back cases with out of court settlement and she wouldn't need to go to jail. It would be so difficult to part with her hard-earned money, all for nothing but her own delusions, she berated herself. Sheetal promised herself not to help someone before they themselves asked for it. 

Visits to doctor have become fortnightly and they came back happier, more excited everytime. They discussed about tandem breastfeeding. She enquired if he still uses bottle and needs regular feed. They cleared that he is good with cups and glasses but is regular with his feed in morning and before sleeping. Doctor told her to continue the routine. There is nothing wrong, they can make him understand about preference to new born, beforehand. But they need to be careful with proper nourishment to the mother. She 'd start producing more naturally, as her body 'll adjust for two kids. This made them more determined about her nutrition.

************

It was Saturday and Aarav again had his usual once in a month PTM but it was giving headache to Arnav. And the reason were NK and La, who were again in Delhi and wanted to attend it in place of Arnav-Khushi. Worst was everyone was excited about this ridiculous idea except him. There was no such rule in play school that only parents can attend it!! Relenting a bit, Arnav offered that they can come along with Arshi but no, they wanted to attend it with Aarav only. To get introduced with his friends without his interference!!! What are they, three?

Whatever he 'll not send his baby with these monkeys, who wanted to have an experience at kindergarten. They didnt have even have a pea in their womb and wanted to attend PTM of his baby! Never ever!! Make your own koala and attend as many as PTMs you want. But when chacha-bhatija raazi to kya karega Daddiee.(When Aarav-NK-La had no problem then what can Daddy do?)

He could do nothing but watch all three get dressed up in brightest shades that 'll make a normal person go blind but not his family!!! Even Khushi asked him to chill and let them have fun. It was just a PTM and Aarav was so happy about it. And next he'll have Akash and Payal with same request! Why cant they make their own babies and leave his Aloo alone!!!

"Listen to me, both of you. Dont you dare say a single Hindi syllable there!"

"Chill Nannav, dont worry, meri Hindi nehle se bahot gandi ho gayii haaaaiii."("Chill Nannav, dont worry, my Hindi is much more improved now.")

"NK!!!"

"Relax ASR!!!(Lavanya pecked Aloo's cheek, he pecked her back. La flashed her dimples next and they worked their magic upon her nephew) Aloo, I promise, your friends are just going to love your Nachi. Let's go now?"

His baby jumped into her arms as three monkeys went away hopping from one tree to another.

"Chachi. CHACHI, it is dammit!!!", he shouted but who cares. 

Everyone went back to their rooms after sometime.

Khushi was on bed, listening to soothing playlist trying to sleep but not getting any. Settling her there, he tried to distract himself from imaging the trio's trip by doing office work but it proved futile. His mind needed rest. He started clearing clutter on Khushi's study table, setting her books, pens in order, almost sure about enrolling her in a course on 'Systematic Living' after delivery. An unorganized person like her was in dire need of such course. Shedding his privacy paranoia, he decided to ask HP to get all this done from tomorrow when his eyes caught a pamphlet on student exchange program, the program Delhi University had with ETH Zurich through IIT Bombay. He asked Khushi about it and she seemed uninterested. He insisted and she had to tell all the details about this scheme that was again announced two days before in the general meet of students with Deptt. Head. Along with other courses, PhD scholars are sent on 3 months course to ETH on full scholarship, purely on the basis of their academic performance. Two from her department had already visited, infact another one was currently pursuing a project there. she came to know about this  yesterday only. Arnav scolded her for her lack of awareness about such a golden opportunity from day one itself. 

He was well aware of the value of getting a chance to study at a college that has produced 21 Nobel laureates and 2 Field Medalists. His classmate had done PG in High Energy Physics from ETH and was currently working at CERN, the largest 'particle' based research centre of the world but Khushi was taking it all so casually, that too with heavy subject like Operations Research. She was interested but with another baby coming soon, she wanted to try for it towards the end of PhD. 

Arnav disagreed with her plan. First she needs to try from today itself as one student per semester already means low chances, more hard work and secondly he was there to take care of all four of them. Family related responsibilities should not come as an excuse for halt in her career when it never hindered growth of AR. Why should they give up, when they have all the resources to pursue their dreams without compromising on anything? She had started PhD August 2014 and it was already January 2016, hardly 3 semesters left if she wanted to complete it in 3 years itself. Khushi rolled her eyes at his calculations, she knew her dissertation 'll take two more years atleast.  

Arnav who was very serious about it, made it clear to her that her degree 'll not have any column for 'excuses' - like pregnancy, domestic issues due to which I couldn't perform my best. Her CV 'll always be about her achievements not the reasons why she couldn't do this or that, her failures.  World doesn't pity you for reasons behind failures, what matters at the end is what you are. She has no roadblocks in reality so must remove ones from her mind.  So, her only concern should be studying hard to secure a seat there, everything else is his concern. He is there to help her find balance between children and career like she is there for him. They could stay at Zurich where he 'll mind the kids while she attended the course. He can easily juggle between AR Zurich, London, Paris and Dusseldorf, if at all required. All of these are within one hour distance of each other by jet. 

Khushi who was completely opposed to the idea, now started to think about it. She needed a plan so that her upcoming 240 days maternity leaves don't delay her degree. Yes, she needs to get more serious about it. But currently she had another thing to practise for her upcoming baby shower. She 'll hopefully get it right by end of the week.

Aarav, NK-La came back from PTM after two hours, regaling funny tales to everyone, how much they enjoyed the lunch outside and blah blah. No need to tell that Aarav spent rest of the day with his Daddy. 

Later in evening, Aarav got busy coloring the white board they have installed in their room. He didnt like to decorate the one in his toy room with his art pieces coz he also had to teach two poor student. Obedient parents would try to help him hold the color pen properly but Aarav hated the interference in his creativity. Backing off, they could only clap at each nonsensical drawing encouraging him to scribble more. He could only draw circle, square but they would have to agree with him that circle with fat leaf is orange and malnutritioned irregular circle with a line on top is apple!

***********

Next evening,

Arnav enjoyed Sunday with his family but had a meeting in evening and was leaving for the same when Khushi reminded him to bring ras-malai from Chandini Chowk on his way back home. She again sent a reminder after one hour, incase he forgot. Meeting continued for another hour and they were finally done at 9. Arnav came back home to find Khushi studying in hall that too in a comfortable posture. He was highly impressed with that she heeded to his advice. Asking HP to bring his dinner, he plopped down on the adjacent couch, caressing the little one, "So Mumma is studying haan?" 

"Yes", she smiled in response and sat up. She was impatiently eager, but decided to hold back till he had his dinner.

"Aarav's slept?"

"Yes, Nisha 's with him. You go and freshen up" 

After few minutes, Arnav sat down at dining table to eat and Khushi in a bit louder voice called HP to bring her protein biscuits too. Arnav found it odd, but continued eating. It was first time she herself was eating 'so called tasteless biscuits' without any reminder or fuss. His eyebrow almost touched his hair when she munched on fox-nuts next but he refrained from poking her about the good sense prevailing upon her. Maybe her DM has finally blessed her with some grey matter, he mused. 

After they were done and he started to help her towards their room, a confused Khushi stopped him, "Where is it?"

"What is where??"

Khushi thought he was pretending just to rile her. She was not in mood to banter but in a mood to eat. Already she had waited for more than twenty minutes like a good child, "Ras-malai or kya??"("Ras-malai, what else!!")

Shit Man!!! Arnav cursed himself for forgetting it. His mind searched hard to find some excuse but he couldn't control his scared looks. "Vo...vo...sweeth...", he stuttered imagining the upcoming WW.

"Aap sach mein bhool gaye?", she couldn't believe that after so many reminders, he forgot RAS-MALAI!! Like what the hell was more important!!! Ridiculous!!! ("You really forgot?")

"Sorry Khus..."

"Tum tum...kaise...matlab hadd hai...mann to kar raha(she fisted her hands tight, gritting in anger)...tum kaise bhool sakte ho???  Ye koi birthday ya anniversary ki date thi jo bhul gaye? Its RAS-MALAI dammit!! Aur main yahan ye ghatiya biscuit aur ye makhane kha rahi hoon!!! ", she started crying in immense anger, craving it badly.

("How could you...this is limit...I feel like (she fisted her hands tight, her teeth clenched)...how can you forget??? Its not birthday or anniversary date that you forgot! Its Ras-Malai dammit!! And here I was eating these tasteless biscuits and fox-nuts!!")

"Khushi tumhe to pasand bhi nahi hai...", he knew she didnt like this sweet-dish much then why the hullabaloo.("Khushi you dont even like it")

"Humein VAHI khani hai aur ABHI khani hai!!! Pheli baar humne aapse kuch maanga aur aap ????"("I want to eat RAS-MALAI only and that too NOW!! First time, I asked you to bring something and you...")

Arnav rolled his eyes at that utter lie of never demanding things, he had been acting like Khushi(Aladdin) ka jinn dammit!!  

To his bad luck, she caught him rolling his eyes. A mad Khushi was fuming mad next. Her fingers almost scraped the table as she took his car keys from dining table, "Main khud hi le aati hoon" ("I 'll bring it myself")

Arnav knew she uses 'main' and 'tum' only in two situations. First was a very very distant possibility with her current weather so she's surely mad at him. He rushed after his waddling penguin and tried to calm her down. It took full 10 minutes to convince her that he 'll bring them NOW. She can scold him later or the shop 'll get closed soon. Khushi insisted on going with him, he may bring from the wrong shop. 

They went to Tewari Brothers, Chandini Chowk at 10, on a winter night. Arnav hoped the shop would be open or his life 'll be at stake. Asking her to remain seated in the car, he got inside the shop and to his bad bad luck - rasmalai were already finished with only four Bengali rasgulla and rabdi left. And he had to decide quick, for it was time to close the shop.

Arnav who had never ever requested to anyone for the sake of sweets in his entire diabetic life narrated his dilemma to the old man, pleading for some help. ASR, the wet rat came out with a box of four in half an hour, more nervous than he had been while signing the first contract for AR coz he had not done any fraud then, unlike now.

"Itni der kaise lag gayi? Wahan baith kar ras-malai bana rahe they kya?",Khushi snatched the box from him and immediately started relishing the rich textured balls in flavored thickened milk, pistachios and cardamom enhancing the taste of the cool delicacy! ("Why did it take so much time? Were you making these, in there?"). Arnav's heart had started hammering against his chest at that careless remark. After consuming two, she stopped eating, thinking about her sugar levels. This effectively stopped his heart. He thought, his halwai(sweetmaker) has finally figured out the jugaad shopkeeper has done by dipping Bengali rasgullas into the left-over milk from ras-malais. (jugaad- Indian word for fixing problem). He drove back home in trepidation of a blast. But nothing happened. Pregnant Khushi failed to catch it.He could only thank the three stars above, when he finally retired to bed and a very happy, satisfied Khushi rained kisses upon him for being the sweetest person in this world. 

'Chronicles of a harangled husband' by Arnav Singh Raizada was the last thought in his mind before sleep took over.

*************

Finally, it was day of baby shower/godhbharai. A lunch program was organised at RR Palace. All relatives and friends of Guptas and Raizadas had been invited and preparations all done. They just had to get ready and leave. 

In Arshi room, 

Arnav carried Khushi to washroom so that she could freshen up before her stylist came in. These days he would carry her here and there so frequently that Khushi felt this was her normal mode of movement.

"Aajkal kuch zyada nahi uthane lage ho?",she passed a teasing remark. ("Aren't you carrying me too much these days?") 

"Tumhe thodi utha raha hoon. I 'm carrying my daughter. Tum to faltu mein hi uth rahi ho", he smirked. ("I 'm not carrying you but my daughter. You are being carried unintentionally")

"Tum mujhe ni utha rahe?", she pouted.("You are not carrying me for the purpose of carrying ME? ")

"Umnhh", he pursed his lips in a serious no.("Naah!")

"Don't talk to me", she turned her face away, trying to get down.

"Mujhse naraaz hokar koi faiyda nahi hone wala tumhara", he placed her on the slab," saari zindagi maine hi uthana hai tumhe" ("Its not profitable for you to stay angry with me, I 'll only carry you whole life ")

"Acha? Jab hum buddhe ho jayenge tab bhi?" ("Oh? Will you carry me even in old age?")

"Hamesha", he rubbed his nose with hers.("Always")

"90s mein khud to jhuk kar chalenge, humein kya uthayenge!", Khushi scoffed at his unreal cheesy talk. ("You wont me able to walk yourself in 90s and you 'll carry me!")

"Tab tum utha lena. Utha logi na?"("Ok, then you carry me in old age. You 'll be able to do it?")

"Bilkul! Sauda tay raha", she brought her hand forward to seal the deal.("Ofcourse, I 'll carry you. Its a deal!")

"Great! I 'm looking forward to that grand occasion", Arnav forwarded his and they shook their hands. Another promise of lifetime journey together.

"Lazy woman, now get going. I 'll take out your gift"

Arnav had designed their dresses for the occasion as her gift. Khushi came out sooner than expected. She was excited to see them coz he had kept them hidden even after her threats. She tore open the package to find a beautiful chiffon gown with an adjustable sweetheart neckline, offshoulder cute little sleeves. It was an empire waist piece that was adorned with flowers and a show-stopping tiered rainbow skirt. Beautiful and lightweight! Meant for the occasion. A mix of both her rainbow personality of distinct positivity and subtle pastel shades that he was, with deep understanding of things. 

She looked at his grey three piece that matched perfectly with hers, She couldn't stop giggles at silk pocket square in mixed colors. He was so cute, she pecked his lips before looking at Aarav's dress. It was same as Arnav's, she pouted. Well, she just have to wait for two and half months and then she'll make sure mother-daughter twinned at every occasion, many more times than these two.

"Humara gift note kahaan hain?", she remembered he gave one at Aarav's time too. 'Thanks for making me the luckiest man in this world, I really am just coz of you.' It was so beautiful. She wanted another love note. Arnav shook his head at her excitement and took it out from her dress's package and handed it to her. ("Where is my gift note?")

"Your dazzling smile makes the most beautiful woman in the world all the more beautiful and I become the luckiest man in this world whenever that pretty smile is bcoz of me."

 Khushi couldn't stop smiling as she read his hand written(illegible actually) note with perfect ease. Her eyes welled up at his constant gaze as if there's nothing else to look at. He had told her the importance of her smile on new year too but this second line was just so touching. He loves her much beyond her dream Arnav. This made her more emotional. Her lips soon met his even as tears ran down her cheeks. Arnav rubbed her cheeks clean after they broke apart.

Khushi didn't want to cry on such a good day, "Waise hum rote huye kaise lagte hain?"("How do I look like while crying?")

Arnav pinned her hairs behind her ears, "I dont have word for that, you look that bad. Par tum gusse mein kitni khoobsurat lagti ho ye bata sakta hoon" ("I dont have word for that, you look that bad. But I can explain how beautiful you look when angry")

"Kitni?", she thought he 'll say slaying hot, killer and all.("How much beautiful?")

"Chudail jitni!" ("Just like a witch! ")

Both laughed at that even as she clutched LG's hair in revenge. Her stylist came in with Nisha and Aarav and everyone got busy in dressing up. Coincidentally, Na-La had got engaged on same date a year back so they were in another world altogether, completely enjoying their time with Aarav. They asked Nisha to help in other things and leave him with them. When they stole dressed up Aloo offering him to drive with them, Arnav was sure monkeys were already pregnant therefore practising on his baby. He kept his Aloo tucked in for whole time at the venue. 

At RR Palace,

Everyone looked at the happily glowing parents in awe, especially after Sheetal's drama.Khushi was literally glowing and handsome twinning duo caught eye of everyone in the party. Most of them cursed Sheetal under breath for trying to disrupt such a pleasant family. Yes, people may get jealous with our growth, bank balance etc. At times they view others joy with not so good emotions but one thing our subconscious always enjoys is smiles around us. Smiles have contagious effect, they cause our lips to stretch upward involuntarily, without any effort, soothing our souls and best part is they cost nothing. 

Khushi's mini white roses tiara made her so cute that many pulled her cheeks as they came forward to whisper the blessings for new born in her ears. Chubby Aarav was not spared even when he pouted and tried to hide in arms of his father  who somehow kept patience with those aunties. Ceremony was followed by lunch and after that they had so much fun during a very candid photoshoot. There were dance performances by family members, Anjali organised games where husbands had to do various tasks with a balloon(that shouldn't burst) tied on their belly.  Arnav won three of five as Aarav and Khushi cheered him. 

Arnav had just taken Aarav to ice-cream section when everything went silent and lights dimmed as mike was set. A flashlight focused upon the duo as Khushi's voice rang in the silent hall, looking straight at him, "This is for you, Arnav Singh Raizada" . His baby shower gift. 

Surprised, Arnav walked to stand in centre of the hall, amazed to see his seven month pregnant wife holding a mike with orchestra in background. Khushi was a bit nervous, she has never been so brazen before but she wanted to do it. The feeling became much more prominent and she wanted to sing the song she had seen in his playlist. One that she has practised for a week now. Loosing her inhibitions, she starting singing, 

Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you

Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?

Her mind registered his intense eyes gazing at her. Aarav tucked under Arnav's chin, looked at his mother in wonder, silently listening as she expressed her love to his father. It turned her cheeks pink but her eyes refused to leave her most adorable duo. Words kept coming to her mouth, without her knowledge, not once faltering like they did during practice sessions.

Like a river flows, surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be...

Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you

This song was downloaded on his phone on 27 January 2012, 23:25 saved as 'My Khushi'. He had kissed her cheek at poolside for the first time. It was Payal's mehendi ceremony. Maybe, he had acknowledged his feelings that night.

Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you

Audience clapped for this melodious treat. A hypnotized Arnav, who stood near the stage was pinched by Khushi coz he was still staring at her even when song was long over. She came down and hugged him, all shy and embarrassed, at the way, now everyone looked at her teasingly. Arnav pulled her closer dropping thousands kisses in her hairs. Aarav copied his Dad. His parents broke out into laughter at that and kissed him. Their baby was so innocent, a darling!  

Celebration was over by seven in evening and people started to leave. Many may have felt this was all coverup to show harmony after Sheetal fiasco but Arshi's intensity made the February evening more romantic. Some reminisced their old days, some planned their own baby showers, some planned their night. Altogether, Khushi's performance turned evening into a charming one. Most couples left hotel in amorous mood, perfect for Valentine's eve. Already maximum number of children in India are born in Aug-Sept due to cold weather and Khushi's one step closer to Arnav contributed to increased birth rate of India. 

************

They were back at RM but Arnav was still in this unbelievable man mode, under the drug effect. It wouldn't just leave his mind. They chatted about gifts, people, food for a while. Though Khushi was conscious but no one teased her coz of strict instructions of Nani.  She didnt want her to go back into cautious mood. She had loved this PDA just too much and wanted it to remain so. Shashi and Garima were happy as they could see her radiating joy. Aarav fell asleep earlier than usual and everyone retired to their rooms after a light dinner. 

Khushi didnt know what to make out of Arnav's reaction. He clearly liked it but she feared if it was way too much open display. PDA was not their thing and he was an intensely private man, she should have atleast given him a hint about it. She asked him as soon as they reached the room, "Aapko pasand nahi aaya? Vo aapne kuch kaha..."("You didn't like it? You haven't said ...")

Arnav shut her up in the best manner he knew for coming up with this ridiculous thought. He kissed her. 

"Pasand?(Liked?) I dont know how to come out of those three minutes. Khushi, it feels like you have cast me under some spell, I m stuck there. I can still see you on stage, still hear your voice ringing in my ears. It was marvellous, just too good. I didnt like it, I loved it sweetheart! It is the third best surprise of my life."

" BTW, inform me beforehand when you do something like this again or I ll die of a good heart-attack", he teased. 

Angry at heart-attack, Khushi hit him hard for spoiling their moment.

"Sorry...really sorry baby. Wanna dance?"

"I can?", she forgot his poor joke and got all excited. She had not danced for months now but then saw her baby sleeping, "Arnavji Aloo so raha hai, disturb ho jayega"("Arnavji, Aloo is sleeping. He'll get disturbed")

"Nahi hoga", Arnav adjusted one wireless ear-bud in her ear and another in his and played the same Elvis Presley song in his playlist: My Khushi  as he held her closer to him. ("He wont be disturbed")

They slow-danced to their hearts content and Arnav gave her another red rose from his mother's garden at stroke of midnight, kissing her forehead with all the love in his heart, "Happy Fourth Marriage Anniversary Khushi" 

It was 14th February now. Khushi accepted it without a word and rested against his chest. Happy to be at the most satisfying place in the world, his arms.

Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

THIS SONG WAS ONE OF MY GRANDPA'S FAVORITES. MY GRANDMA WHO LIVED A VERY LONG LIFE USED TO TELL US ABOUT HIM COZ NONE OF GRANDKIDS GOT TO SEE HIM IN PERSON. HE WAS A VERY HANDSOME MAN, ARCHITECT EMPLOYED IN GOVT. BASICALLY A MAN WITH VERY HIGH AIR BUT POOR MOTHER-TONGUE(HINDI) SKILLS WITH DREAMS OF ENGLISHWOMEN HE MET IN LINE OF WORK. MY GRANDMA WAS A 10th PASS ORDINARY INDIAN GIRL OF THOSE DAYS ,POOR IN ENGLISH BUT WITH A RICHER BACKUP THEN DADU'S AND OFCOURSE THE CULTURE TAG ASSOCIATED WITH HER. THEY GOT ARRANGED MARRIED IN 1946 WITH LOTS OF DOWRY. AND DADI FELL HARD FOR HER HUSBAND WITHIN FEW DAYS OF MARRIAGE.[BRIDE AND GROOM CAN SEE EACH OTHER ONLY AFTER MARRIAGE]. HER DOWRY  IMPRESSED THE FAMILY BUT NOT THE MAN IN QUESTION. IT TOOK HIM MORE THAN 10 YEARS TO FALL IN LOVE WITH HIS NOT SO EDUCATED, NOT SO BEAUTIFUL WIFE. AND FUNNY THING WAS WHEN HE FELL, HE FELL SO HARD THAT HE WOULD KEEP FOLLOWING HER AROUND WHENEVER AT HOME [RUNNING AFTER WIFE WAS HIGHLY CONDEMNED BEHAVIOR THOSE DAYS].FROM JUST BEING HIS WIFE AND MOTHER OF HIS KIDS, SHE BECAME MOST BEAUTIFUL, LOVELIEST AND WISEST WOMAN ON THIS EARTH. REALIZATION OF LOVE CAME THROUGH WHEN SHE WENT AWAY TO HER MATERNAL HOME TO BE WITH HER ILL MOTHER FOR THREE MONTHS. HE ALMOST TURNED MAD IN AND LEARNT HINDI TO PASS THE TIME AS HE COULDN'T GO AFTER HER[ IT WAS ALREADY MORE THAN 10 YEARS OF MARRIAGE HE COULDN'T STAY BACK FOR LONG IN HIS SASURAL. SO HAD TO RETURN IN JUST 3 DAYS LEAVING HER BEHIND]. AFTER SHE RETURNED BACK,THE REAL ROMANCE STARTED WHOSE EXPRESSION MAY HAVE BEEN HINDI BUT THE LANGUAGE WAS STILL ENGLISH. AND THEREBY CAME THE SONG : Wise men say only fools rush in [1961. Dadu sang it in '64 or '65 for her].  YOUTUBE RECOMMENDED THE SONG RANDOMLY AND ALL HER MEMORIES OF HUMMING THIS SONG RUSHED IN, SO JUST COULDN'T HELP SHARING.

THANK YOU FOR TAKING YOUR TIME OUT FOR THIS STORY. DONT FORGET TO VOTE BY CLICKING * IF YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER. DONT FORGET TO COMMENT AND SHARE YOUR VIEWS. AND YEAH, FOLLOW ME TO GET NOTIFICATIONS REGARDING UPDATES.

Q & A HAS BEEN UPDATED. YOU CAN CLEAR YOUR DOUBTS AND POST YOUR OWN, IF ANY.

HERE IS LINK TO A ONE-SHOT I WROTE :

https://www.wattpad.com/837316217-the-breakable-liberation-is-it-complete.

Direct link is in my profile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.3K 3K 18
REMARRIAGE TRACK BUT ARNAV REFUSED TO MARRY KHUSHI. WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT... WILL SHE EVER FORGIVE HIM. WILL THEY END UP TOGETHER? I don't own the...
202K 12.8K 17
My re-take on ArShi's remarriage. Arnav and Khushi were going to get married again in front of the whole family. On the day of marriage Dadi disclos...
148K 5.5K 14
#1 in Arshi as of 20th August 2020 Khushi leaves Raizada Mansion without any explanations as soon as the contract expired after six months. [Note: I...
182K 4.6K 13
Khushi, a small town girl, a broken woman with a broken dream. At the age of thirteen she was forced to put up with her father's dreadful family afte...