Muntaha | ✔

By KhawabeedaLarki

Completed on May 29, 2020. ~ "Ap...." (You....) Muntaha couldn't utter anything else as Faris 'shh'ed her. He... More

Introduction
Disclamer/Clarification
Copyright
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Important
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue
New Book Alert!

Chapter 27

24.7K 1.5K 98
By KhawabeedaLarki

"Muntaha beta, you go with your bhabhi to the salon. Make her feel comfortable, okay?"

Muntaha was sitting on her bed with her phone in her hand. She wanted to talk to someone about her feelings as she was really anxious but then again she didn't want to talk to anyone because she was feeling very low as her father was still not talking to her. During breakfast today when she greeted her father, he didn't even look at her and just muttered the greeting back. She didn't want to show infront of everyone how hurt she was so she kept quite and started gushing over the new bride trying to keep her face and tone cheerful. She didn't want to make her bhabhi uncomfortable but after that she went to Safi's room and didn't come out the whole day, not even for lunch and that worried everyone because Muntaha never skipped her meals. Safi came to call her but she was sleeping so he covered her with the blanket and left. And now everyone was busy trying to get everything together as the reception was in the evening.

"Jee."

Zoya Kamal left and she was about to leave when Safi came and stopped her.

"You okay?" He asked her and rubbed her arm lightly.

"Yeah." Muntaha said with her head bowed down as she knew Safi would see through her mood if he'd see the tears in her eyes.

Safi could still detect her mood but he didn't want to talk about it as it would just dampen her mood more so he tried to divert her attention.

"Acha sun, ek baat batani thi tujhe." (Okay listen, I needed to tell you something.)

"Bol." (Tell.)

"Please dhang ka makeup kra liyo. I swear I almost had a heart attack yesterday after seeing you." Safi said as if it was the most serious thing in the world.

"Tu Hadi ko dekh, mere se kya matlb." She slapped his arm lightly pretending she's offended while she knew he was only trying to tease her.

"Han, han. Apko dekhne ka haq to kisi or ka hai na." He winked at her and she thoroughly blushed.

"Oye! Don't blush. Tera banda already mujhe deadly glares de kr gaya hai when he got to know his wife is sleeping in my room." He wiggled his brows at 'his wife' and continued, "If he comes to know I made you blush, he'll definitely hang me upside down."

Muntaha tried to ignore his 'tera banda' comment and asked, "He was here?"

"Yupp! He said he's here to deliver some stuff for Bhabhi but we all know that's not the truth." He gave her a teasing smile to which Muntaha just rolled her eyes pretending not to be affected by his teasings.

"Whatever. I'm getting late." She pushed past him ignoring his laughter ringing throughout the hallway.

●~●

"Both my daughters are looking lovely." Kamal Ahmed patted both their heads as Muntaha entered the house with Aiman. There was still time for the reception to start and as it was just a fifteen minute drive to venue they came back home.

Aiman looked regal and elegant yet modest in her ivory bridal dress embellished with beads and crystals.

Shehryar couldn't divert his gaze from his bride. His wife looked like an angel in the dress he chose for her. His gazs didn't waver for the slightest even after all the teasings he was receiving from his cousins and friends. He fisted his hands in the pockets of his tuxedo pants to stop himself from tucking the loose tendrils resting on her cheek behind her ears.

Muntaha admired their couple and wished she could also have this one day as well. She was dressed in a full-sleeved white gown decorated with beautiful patterns of beads and pearls. Her hair was pin straight and she had nude makeup on with dark smoky eyes. Her ears adorned dangling heavy earings and the thin golden chain around her neck with the anklets Faris bought her adorning her heel clad feet.

There wasn't any duppata with the dress making her a bit uncomfortable but it covered her completely so she was fine.

They left for the venue after a while as they had to welcome the bride's family. The guys-Safi, Abdullah and Faris-were twinning in matching tuxedos making the ladies around them drool.

Alas! Two of the guys had their gazes set on the two ladies who had captured their hearts, souls and minds. Faris couldn't help it as his gaze kept drifting off to Muntaha. He didn't get the time to talk to her as they both were busy attending the guests and could only pass each other longing stares.

On the other hand, Safi was having the time of his life roaming around the girl of his dreams. Hadiya couldn't help it as she was going around the hall with Muntaha and Safi kept coming to her with one excuse or another. But his real motive was quite obvious as his eyes were set on the girl clad in a powder blue dress all the time even when he was talking to Muntaha.

The reception was going on smoothly until Zayyad Khan decided to approach Saleem Ahmed. They were standing near the stage and Muntaha's breath hitched when she realised what was about to happen. Faris, who just approached his wife and was about to say something to her, stopped with furrowed eyebrows and followed her line of sight to witness what made her react this way. He also froze in his place, more with shock then fear, anticipating what will happen now. The air around them was thick with tension for the family as they were present around the bride and groom and realised what was happening after seeing the couple's frozen stance. Since most of the guests had already left and those who were present were oblivious to the tension, they didn't have to worry about any dramatic scene but still it was crucial as to how both the men will communicate.

"We have a very important matter at hand to discuss." After the pleasantaries being exchanged, Zayyad Khan went straight to the point.

"Important matters yun kharay kharay discuss nahi kiye jaate Zayyad Sahab." Saleem Ahmed retorted still a little bitter about the situation but not being disrespectful.

"Jee bilkul. Isi liye apse apke ghar aanay ki ijazat chahta hun." Zayyad Khan completely ignored the slight bitterness in his voice and asked politely. "Usulan to mujhe apko apne ghar bulana chahiye tha lakin riwayatan bete ka rishta mangnay larki ke ghar jaya jata hai."

Saleem Khan was left a little aloof at the politeness in Zayyad Khan's voice. He was a man who respected traditions which is why he was so upset at his daughter getting married like this. A simple nikah without anyone knowing. He had faced the cruelity of their high-end society first hand that is why he could understand what accusations his family and especially his daughter might have to face if they announce their marriage to the public out of the blue. He knew how big bussiness men the Khans were and he also had a respectable position in the upper class society. He was pleasantly surprised and appereciated the fact that Zayyad Khan wanted to proceed things in the right way so he left his bitterness and replied in a slightly appereciative tone.

"We have invited the newlyweds for lunch on Friday. If you can spare some time, I would like your family to join us too."

"We would love to."

And some happy smiles took over the faces of bachha -well not so bachha anymore but still- party.

"Bhabhi, what'll you cook for us?" The youngsters were sitting on a round table with the bride and groom as their parents had already left along with all the guests and they were here to watch over the clearing of things. Abdullah had gathered everyone and physically dragged his brother to the seat beside Muntaha since he was too busy ordering around the cleaning team.

Muntaha's blush deepened at the new endearment as she was already blushing due to her husband playing with the loose strands of her raven hair. She tried to tie them up while others were conversing but Faris took the hair tie from her and slipped it inside his pant pocket. The action didn't go unnoticed by everyone but Faris didn't care.

"Uh-I usually don't cook for such occasions but sure, whatever you ask." She replied with a smile.

"You know, I really liked the brownies you made." He said stressing the word 'really'. "But someone here doesn't have a sweet tooth." He gave a look to his brother who acted uncaring still bending and twisting his wife's hair like they are the most interesting thing in world. "So you know, maybe you can make paaye as they are someone's favourite to impress them." He gave his brother a wink and received a used tissue from him.

"Oh, you shouldn't risk your life with the desi food she makes. She might be good at others cuisines but God she sucks at Pakistani." Safi snickered lightly at the glare he received from the said cook.

"You're so mean. Ofcourse, I can cook paaye." She didn't even know how they tasted let alone how to make them but she didn't want to admit it infront of him as it was his favourite.

"Ignore them. You don't have to do anything." He said looking at his wife who looked clearly distressed at the thought of making paaye.

"Yeah, right. I forgot my brother is already smitten by you." He taunted his brother and everyone snickered around them with Faris sending a glare towards him and Muntaha hiding her blazing cheeks from everyone with the curtain of her hair. The stars peeked over the canopy of the venue and giggled at the mirth in the grey orbs of the man keenly gazing at his woman.

Author's Note
So the next vote target is 1250 votes.

I hope you guys liked the chapter. I really appereciate your responses and comment.

Untill next time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

236K 10.8K 67
Two people came together and became one. They started their life with some Promises, which make their life a beautiful journey. They are two differen...
777K 34.6K 57
"You're right", she said, sounding contemplative, "Maybe I should grow up and be more practical." "Well...you know 'Princes on white horses' are 'fai...
755K 46.1K 60
"Are you trying to tell me that she may never accept you as her husband?" asked a furious Anirudh. Amar chuckled at his cousin's anger and answered "...
127K 5.6K 44
Sarthak was totally drunk when he moved towards his room where his bride was. She was in her bridal attire and was waiting for him on the bed which w...