Stubborn Hugs

By Eternal-Mikrokosmos

After helping out a koala and bunny hybrid, you bring them home with your other hybrids to adjust. But a cert... More

1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24

2

5K 184 76
By Eternal-Mikrokosmos

"Noona..?" A voice whispers in your ear along with a loud ringing.

"Noona your phone is ringing..." Jimin's face appears over yours and you groan, turning your nose away to look at your currently annoying vibrating phone on your nightstand.

You pick it up and slide the button to shut off your alarm, sighing with an arm over your eyes.

"Jimin.."

"Hm?"

"Remember what we talked about?"

"Don't leave food on the bed."

"No.." You slowly sit up and lean on your headboard as Jimin sits with his legs crossed, thinking.

"Don't, leave food in Hobi-Hyung's bed?"

"No honey," you gently pet his small cut ear, his cheek getting closer to your hand.

"Don't call me Noona.." You gently remind him.

"Why not?"

"I'm only a few months older than you."

"But, I want to.." His ears flop down in sadness and you sigh, bringing him close.

"Alright, you can call me that. Just remember you can call me by my name too, okay?" You kiss his forehead and he nods, burying his face in your neck. He slowly climbs onto you and the door quickly opens.

"(Y/n) breakfast is ready." Hobi smiles at you, then picks up Jimin off you onto his shoulder. Jimin whines as he's carried away from you but you softly wave bye at him.

Jin walks into your room and shuts the door, catching your attention.

"You're not going to that shelter."

"And you're not going to tell me what to do." You get up off the bed and collect your things for the shower. He grabs your arm and you stare at him in the eye, granting you release.

"Yoongi isn't happy with you. He doesn't want more hybrids."

"Yoongi is never happy with me. He was the first one here and then you all came along. He said the same exact thing about all you and look how he is." You turn on your shower and start undressing but Jin stops you. He has this look in eyes that seems like he's upset as well.

"I think he means it this time, sugarcube." He holds your shoulders and uses the nickname he only uses when he's being genuine. You look at the floor and gently shake off his large hands.

"I can't just leave them there. Whether it's here or somewhere else, I'm going to help them. You of all people should know what that's like." You give him a hurt look and usher him out both rooms, locking both doors and heading over to shower.

You stand under the water and hold your arms close, feeling upset at the betrayal of both Jin and Yoongi when they both know what it's like to be pushed around from place to place, hurt and begging for help but not wanting to accept it. Jin has always been on your side, why is now any different?

Scratching comes to your bathroom door and you unlock it, going back into the shower and announcing it's open. Taehyung scoots into the shower with you and hugs your neck. You pet his hair back and begin to clean him along with yourself.

"What's wrong winter bear?"

"Are you going to leave me out when they get here..?" He looks at you with watery eyes and your heart sinks. You immediately hold his cheeks and bring him close.

"No! No of course not! Don't ever think I'll leave any of you out because someone new is coming." You hug his chest and he rests his forehead on your shoulder as the water runs down on both of you.

"Winter bear."

"Mm.."

"Look at me." You pull back slightly but still hold him close. He rises off your shoulder and looks at your eyes, a single tear rolling down his cheek.

"When have I ever left you out when someone new came in..? Did I do something wrong to make you feel like I left you out..?" You ask worried. His eyes widen and he fully embraces you, shaking his head rapidly.

"No, no no..I'm, just scared..I don't want it to happen again..I trust you..it's just, they-"

"No, don't talk about that." You stop him and graze your nails on his back lightly, giving him shivers and hugging you closer.

"You want to come with me today..?" You ask quietly, letting him sit down in the tub and you start washing his hair. He sniffles and nods, his eyes rimmed with red from crying. You don't say anything the remaining time of the shower and kiss his cheeks repeatedly until you finished your shower.

----🐨----

"Where are you going Taehyung?" Jin stops him at the door as he puts his shoes on.

"It's your day off, you usually stay home." He gives a reason for his intrusion but you gently hold Taehyung's hand.

"He's coming with me to work. Watch the house while I'm gone." Hoseok, Yoongi and Jimin walk up to you before you go. You kiss Hoseok and Jimin on the cheek and Taehyung gives all of them a kiss. You hand him your keys and he heads over to turn on the car.

"I'll be at work but call me if you need me to come home, okay?" You scratch Jimin's chin and he holds your wrist, nodding.

You let go of him and start to walk out until both Jin and Yoongi hold your arm.

"No kiss for us?" Both ask and you take your hand out of their grasp.

"Don't you think you had enough?" You throw back the same question they agreed on when it comes to the shelter hybrids and shut the door, going to the car and driving away before they can catch up.

Yoongi scoffs and goes back inside, slamming the door in Jin's face. Jin catches the door before it makes a loud slam that would scare Jimin. He gently closes the door and follows Yoongi, Hoseok following suit.

"What is her problem?!" Yoongi growls out and Jimin comes in, his sweater paws getting in the way of him rubbing his eyes.

"Don't yell. This isn't her fault."

"You're right. It's yours!" Yoongi throws a pillow at Jin's face but Hoseok immediately catches it before it can land.

"That's enough. Jimin go to your room, please." Hoseok's voice is deep, his eyes not moving from Yoongi's who is staring back. Jimin quietly walks into his shared room with Hoseok, shutting the door softly. Hoseok tosses the pillow onto the couch and walks up to Yoongi.

"Want to know what her problem is? You. And you," He points to Jin harshly and turns back to Yoongi.

"Want to know why you're BOTH the problem? Because she never said she was going to bring them here and you're both suddenly deciding that she will. Did she say she was bringing them here?" He crosses his arms and both of them look uncomfortable. They're not used to seeing Hoseok, the sunshine of the house get upset, let alone upset at them and actually letting it show. But they know that when you're upset, he gets upset as well, just this time he actually decided to let them know about it.

"No.."

"Then?"

"Hoseok-" Jin tries putting a hand on his shoulder but Hoseok steps back, staring at his eyes in anger.

"No. She never said she was bringing them here. All she wanted to do was help sheltered hybrids because she's known us long enough to know being in there is a nightmare. And now you decide FOR her, that she can't do any?" Hoseok walks up to them and they back up, their legs bumping into the couch behind them.

"This is her house. She can do whatever the hell she wants. If she wants to bring two new hybrids into this house, she can. Wanna know why? Because that's what she did with us and she has enough room for it, whether you like it or not. We're lucky enough she let us come here and gave us a second chance at happiness. Stop being selfish and think about what she did for you before you open your mouth and decide her life." He stares at them angrily and walks into his room, shutting and locking the door.

He slides down the door and hides his face in his knees. Jimin senses something wrong with him and crawls up to him with a blanket. He nudges Hoseok's little ear with his nose, catching his attention. Hoseok looks up at him with sad, teary eyes. He sighs and lets Jimin pull him up to the bed and makes a little nest with the blankets around Hoseok, hugging him close and being the big spoon.

"It's okay Hobi-hyung.." Jimin pets his head and ears, Hoseok hugs his chest closer and sniffles.

"She's already been through a lot, I don't want her going through anything anymore.." He whispers, gripping Jimin's sweater tightly.

"(Y/n) is strong, right?" He asks and Hoseok looks up at him slowly.

"Yeah.."

"Then this won't affect her as badly as everything else, right?" He watches as birds sit on his windowsill and cuddle up to each other.

"I guess so.."

Jimin hums and plants a tiny kiss in between Hoseok's horns, tickling him and causing him to shake his head quickly. Hoseok smiles and snuggles up to Jimin and exhales calmly, falling back to sleep with him.

----🌙----

"You looking for anything in particular?" You ask Taehyung as he walks around your bookstore.

"No, just like the calmness of the store is all." He walks back to you with a manga, putting it down on the counter and fishing through the pockets.

"No, I'll pay for it." You push the book to him but he stubbornly pushes it back, smacking his money down on the counter. You raise a brow and he quickly takes it back, handing it to you politely.

"Sorry." He momentarily smiles to make the situation less awkward and you take the money, giving him his change.

"You're lucky I love you or else I would have made you figure out the register yourself for that." You tease him and he rounds the counter, taking a seat in the beanbag you have there in case any of the boys pay a visit.

"Hi (Y/n)!" Hoseok walks into your store who is a black rabbit hybrid, by which you address him as Wonho to avoid confusion.

"Hi Wonho. How's Shownu?"

"Nunu is working today so I'm visiting you." He says with a smile.

"He didn't let you go with him, did he?"

"No.." He pouts and leans on your counter. He notices Taehyung who is avoiding his gaze with flushed cheeks.

"Hi Taehyung." Wonho greets him, causing Taehyung to flinch as if he's been caught.

"H-hi Wonho."

"Shownu misses you."

"Sorry, I've been busy lately at the farm."

"He wants to know what fish you eat to stay awake at work." Wonho plays with a bookmark string and you tilt your head.

"Bear stuff."

"Ah. I know what kind he eats, I'll send you a list later."

The day goes on for you both until around twelve pm, when your co manager comes in to take their shift. You and Taehyung leave the bookstore and go to the food store.

"Why are we going here?" He asks as you walk around with a cart.

"We need food and I'm getting some stuff for Namjoon and Jungkook."

"Why?"

"I asked what they wanted and Jungkook told me."

"Does this mean I can't come?"

"No, sorry. Namjoon isn't the friendliest yet. Soon I hope." You put in food you know both sides of your hybrids would like and put in different kinds of mini milk cartons.

"That's a lot of milk."

"Jungkook wanted milk but didn't tell me what kind. Help me find eucalyptus oil." You walk around the store looking for it carefully.

"They don't sell that here."

"Taehyung this is a Walmart."

"Fine." He walks away and tries sniffing out the oil as you get a few other food items and essentials for both of them.

After a few minutes he comes back with two medium-sized brown bottles that have a giant leaf on the cover.

"Ah, thank you." You take them from him and put them in the cart, walking up to the cashier and paying for your things.

You drive Taehyung home and drop off the food then head to the shelter.

Once you enter, your friend is already holding up the key as she types away. You take the key and walk to their room, knocking gently. Quick shuffling is heard from the other side and you unlock it.

"It's me." You slide in with your bags and shut the door, getting a plushie thrown at your head. You catch it before it hits you and you toss it back to Namjoon who threw it at you in the first place.

"Yoongi used to do that so I've learned." You smile at him and lift the bag full of milk cartons towards you.

"Milk."

Jungkook's eyes light up and look towards Namjoon for approval. He closes his eyes in approval and Jungkook excitedly jumps to you, taking the bag and looking inside.

"Thank you." He smiles and sits down, dumping out the milk and lining them up in rows based on the flavor. You walk up Namjoon who looks your way uninterested.

You lift the bag towards him but he scoffs.

"Your gifts won't flatter me."

"Take the bag." You gently push it to him but he keeps his arms crossed.

"No."

"Take."

"No."

"Take."

"No."

"Take it or I'm telling Jungkook." You slowly turn to him but Namjoon quickly takes the bag. You take a step back and he peeks in the bag, staying still for a moment and taking out the bottles of eucalyptus oil.

"Mm."

"You're welcome." You scrunch your nose at him and Jungkook walks up to you drinking a banana milk. He looks in the bag and pulls out a little bonsai plushie with a smiley face on it.

"Bonsai." Jungkook lifts it to Namjoon's face and he takes it from him.

"I'm too old for toys."

"You're welcome." You take the bag and put in in another bag, collecting the trash around the room.

"You smell weird." Jungkook suddenly says and you sniff your shirt.

"Do I?"

"Yeah, like, fresh paper or something."

"Oh, it's all the books." You give Jungkook a bag of food and Namjoon's ears perk up.

"Books?" Jungkook asks, taking the bag of food.

"Yeah, I own a bookstore. I came from there and Walmart."

"Namjoon! She owns a bookstore!" He puts the bag down quickly and shakes Namjoon's shoulders quickly. Namjoon glances at you and looks back down at Jungkook, cheeks growing pink.

"Jungkook calm down. It's just a bookstore."

"But you like books."

"I know."

"And you like girls."

"J-Jungkook."

"What's more perfect for you than a girl who owns a WHOLE BOOKSTORE!!" He jumps up and down with excitement and Namjoon holds him down, not daring to look at you.

"Remember what we agreed on." He reminds Jungkook but he looks back at you as you look through your things. He looks back at Namjoon with a knowing smirk.

"What's with the look?"

"You like girls with books." He wiggles his eyebrows and Namjoon's cheeks turn red.

"Jungkook. I will stuff your den with tree leaves."

"No!" He jumps up to his den and shoves his whole body in it. You turn back around and see Jungkook a lot higher than you remember.

"Anyway, there's food in there for the both of you. Human and animal food for both sides." You hand the bag Jungkook put down to Namjoon who takes it with no skin contact.

"Pardon?"

"Oh, I get food for my hybrids back home like that. Since their human sides crave one thing one time and then their animal side craves something else."

"How does that work with vegetarian or herbivore animals?" He asks.

"Hobi likes meat but his deer side likes fruits. So he's kind of full human. Except the ears and, tiny tail."

"Hm."

He looks up towards Jungkook who is smiling at the both of you. You look through the bag he's holding and bump your head in his chest.

"Oh, sorry." You take a step back and take out a case of mini croissants, handing it to Jungkook.

"Thank you." He puts it down and starts eating some with his milks.

"What's with the toy?" He picks up the Bonsai plushie and you take it gently.

"I think it's cute."

"I didn't say it wasn't."

"Then take it."

"No."

"Why not?"

"I don't want your crap."

"It's not crap."

"Listen, I don't want your help."

"And I wasn't asking if you wanted it. You don't want it but you need it."

"I-" You gently grab his arm and pull him to the corner, letting him go and crossing your arms.

"Look, I get it. You don't want my help and you seem like someone who can hold up on their own." You whisper low enough for Jungkook to not hear.

"So?"

"From what I've seen, Jungkook isn't like that."

"Don't-"

"Just, hear me out. The girl at the front is my friend. She told me about how you two lose it when you're apart. He freaks out when he can't be near you because you've gotten him used to being with you all the time. You're not letting him grow."

"If you're just going to come to my room and tell me how to raise Jungkook when we JUST met like some doctor-"

"I'm not telling you," You raise your voice slightly but lower it again, taking a deep breath.

"I'm not telling you as a doctor. I'm telling you as a friend, whether you consider me that or not. And I'm telling you from experience. He has to go out on his own eventually. What if you get hurt and he has no idea what to do because you made him believe you can do everything on your own for him."

"That's because I can." He towers over you and you put your arms down.

"And how long is that going to last?" You put the toy in his arms and walk away from him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.3K 2.7K 25
HUMAN/HYBRID! BTS X HUMAN! READER - SOULMATES/HYBRIDS/ANGST AU โ˜†โ˜†โ˜† Some things don't always go according to plans. In my case... it was my entire li...
267K 13.9K 58
[Hybrid AU] [โœ“] It was all supposed to be fun and games. He wasn't supposed to arrive late and get locked out of his home. Most importantly, he wasn'...
17.1K 859 20
โ ๐ˆ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฌ๐ก ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐๐š๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐ฆ๐ฎ๐œ๐ก ๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ. โž ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ด...
3.6K 551 26
Jin comes from an abusive marriage, his husband uses and abuses him daily. But Jin takes it just so he can protect his two boys. When he finally gets...