Love and Loss (The Fun Gilber...

By Jbic02

Jessica Gilbert has finally graduated high school and has decided to attend the University of New Orleans wit... More

Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1- End Of Summer
Chapter 2- True Lies/House of the Rising Sun
Chapter 3- Tangled Up in Blue
Chapter 4- Girl In New Orleans
Chapter 5- Playing My Own Side
Chapter 6- Revenge
Chapter 7- Bloodletting
Chapter 8- The River in Reverse
Chapter 9- Ever The Savior
Chapter 10- Runaway Witch
Chapter 11- Après Moi, Le Déluge
Chapter 12- Transitions and Choices
Chapter 13- Le Grand Guignol/ Farewell to Storyville
Chapter 14- The Devil Inside
Chapter 15-Guilt & Anger Make Bad Bedfellows
Chapter 16- An Unblinking Death
Chapter 17- A Closer Walk With Thee
Chapter 18- The Battle of New Orleans
Cast Part 2
Chapter 20- I'll Remember/Rebirth
Chapter 21- Yellow Ledbetter/ Alive and Kicking
Chapter 22- Prison World Blues (Part 1)
Chapter 23-Prison World Blues (Part 2)
Chapter 24- Back From the Dead
Chapter 25- Why, Kai, Why?
Chapter 26- Merging
Chapter 27- Clifford the Big Red Door
Chapter 28- Links and Bonds
Chapter 29- Friends-giving
Chapter 30- Weddings and Hexes
Chapter 31- Long Lost Sisters
Chapter 32- Taking Chances
Chapter 33- Hateful Reunions
Chapter 34- Plots and Tricks
Chapter 35- Staying One Step Ahead
Chapter 36- Different Sides
Chapter 37- Friend or Foe?
Chapter 38- Everyone's Favorite Brother
Chapter 39- The Final Battle
Chapter 40- The Aftermath
Beacon Falls

Chapter 19- From a Cradle to a Grave

598 16 0
By Jbic02

3rd Person P.O.V.

After Elijah, Jessica, and Vivianne arrived at the church to see Klaus clutching a dead Hayley to his chest, Elijah began to sob, his unwanted feelings for the now-dead girl coming out in tears. Meanwhile, Vivianne tried to comfort Klaus while Jessica disappeared to check on Marcel, Meredith, and the vampires after giving Vivianne a little bit of blood to heal the injuries that were taking too long to heal so that she could be of more help to the brothers. Jessica didn't have the heart to tell them that Hayley would awake a hybrid and need the baby's blood to survive, it seemed too cruel in case the baby didn't make it.

When Jessica arrives, she finds Diego, who she gives some blood to and he tells her that Marcel mentioned needing Klaus' blood and Cami said she knew a way to get it. After a little bit of thought, Jessica realized that she was taking him to the dark objects so she headed to Kieran's hidden apartment and walked inside to see Marcel and Davina looking at dark objects. "A thousand cuts sounds about right. I need to make Klaus bleed," Marcel says as I step in.

"I don't know about Klaus since he's a bit busy attempting to rescue his daughter but I can give some blood. The only thing is that now that I'm dead, once the blood is gone, it's gone," Jessica volunteers but Marcel shakes his head.

"No, we'll get Klaus' blood," he insisted but Jessica sighs.

"We help him save his daughter first, then I'll make him give his blood." Marcel agrees to her terms and the pair leave and head to the cemetery. Jessica doesn't realize how much time has passed until she feels the spirits in the air of the cemetery. "Oh my God," she gasps. "They don't stand a chance against every witch that's been consecrated." Before Marcel can question her, she disappears, reappearing in the middle of the fight. She sees Genevieve about to stab the baby so she uses her dead person powers to disappear, reappearing behind her and shoving her hand through her chest.

"Why?" Genevieve gasps, not knowing who has their hand in her chest until Jessica speaks.

"Because you erased me from Klaus and you're trying to kill an innocent child because the ancestors told you. You and this entire coven, apart from Davina, are abominations. Death is the only solutions but there will be no ancestral plane for you, Genevieve. There's only Hell." With that, Jessica takes her hand out pulling her heart from her chest as her body lights up in flames that make all the witches watch in shock at the way Genevieve has clearly been sent to Hell, not knowing how. "Well, who's next?" Jessica asks, looking around to see one of the Harvest girls dead after being impaled.

She seems pretty confident until her eyes land on Vivianne who had been thrown into a tomb and landed on a metal pole. Jessica gasps and rushes over to her. She listens and hears a faint heartbeat so she quickly focuses her magic on a powerful spell as Vivianne's heart stops. Jessica gets a bad feeling and turns around to see Monique holding the Athame over the baby. Jessica is about to try to stop her with magic when she sees her get struck with the same dark object Marcel intended to use on Klaus. Klaus and Marcel make eye contact before Marcel grabs the baby and speeds to the compound. Klaus immediately follows with Jessica after she frees Vivianne of the pipe.

When they get to the compound, they see all the vampires dead, including Diego, who had been healed, and everything suddenly makes sense. While Klaus and Marcel talk quietly, Jessica focuses on her mind and realizes that the spell she had done before coming to the compound that morning had worked. It took affect as soon as Davina brought Mikael back. She bites back a smile, happy that her plan had worked but sad because she knows that Klaus won't be able to keep the baby around him. She wants to comfort him but knows he can't remember her so instead she uses her intelligence and comes up with a fool-proof plan to get the baby, who they had decided to name Hope, out of the city.

Klaus decided to give her to Rebekah, who had always wanted a child, until it was safe for her to return. Hayley drank a drop of her blood and Jessica explained how they would have to pretend that Hope had died to fool everyone in New Orleans. Marcel agreed to be compelled and sold Hope's death with the body of a stillborn he had gotten from a hospital, making the wolves believe that Klaus blamed them, that was Klaus' idea, and in exchange, Klaus provided some of his blood in case Marcel was attacked by wolves again. Then, Marcel went on his way with Josh, planning to rebuild his army.

As Klaus, Hayley, Elijah, and Meredith played their parts of the plan, Jessica headed to Mystic Falls, watching everybody make their way through until Damon tried, only to find that Luke had stopped Liv from continuing the spell. "I guess I'm too late," Jessica jokes and Bonnie and Damon snap around to look at her.

"Jessica," Damon gasps before running over to her and kissing her passionately. Jessica lets him for a few moments before pulling away.

"Aren't you with Elena?"

"We broke up. We've been broken up. I love her, but I'll always love you more," he confesses.

"Wow, profound confessions before we get sucked into Hell. I'm flattered but I have goodbyes to make. They can still see me until purgatory collapses and I want to talk to Caroline." Damon and Bonnie nod as Damon goes to say unheard goodbyes to Ric, Stefan, and Elena while Bonnie goes to tell Jeremy goodbye.

Jessica says goodbye to Ric, telling him she didn't make it before telling the same to Elena and Jeremy before finding Caroline. She smiles and hugs the blonde. "I'm going to miss you so much," Caroline sobs as Jessica begins to cry as well.

"I'll miss you too, Carebear. Look out for Elena, Ric, and Jer for me and check in on Nik every once in a while. He's mourning his daughter and he doesn't remember me. I love you so much. Thank you for being my sister when you didn't have to," Jessica cries and Caroline laughs.

"It was an honor being your sister, Jessica Isabelle Gilbert!" They hug until the Otherside collapses and Jessica disappears, leaving a sobbing blonde, who is soon joined by Elena as they cry over the loss of the one person they have always counted on. They make a plan and decide to transfer to U.N.O. to honor Jess and Alaric agrees to go with them, saying that he needs to go somewhere that nobody knows he died. Jeremy decides to stay in Mystic Falls with Matt and Tyler to protect it since Tyler came back as a regular, untriggered werewolf.

Meanwhile, in New Orleans, Vivianne Lescheres opens her eyes to find herself in Jessica's dorm room with a throat that feels like sandpaper. "What happened?" She asked the darkness, not intending to get an answer, so she is shocked when she receives one.

"You died," a voice similar to hers says. She turns to find someone who is undeniably Jessica.

"Jess?" She wonders and the brunette smiles sadly.

"Sort of," she responds.

"What do you mean?"

"When I learned that Purgatory was going to collapse, I wanted to save my friends so I went to Nature and made a connection. It said that it couldn't help but that it had a task for me. Two, actually. One required me to be in Purgatory when it collapsed while the other required me to come back."

"And you chose to come back," Vivianne finishes, but when she sees Jessica shake her head, she gasps. "You didn't," she says, hoping that this is a joke but Jessica gives her a sheepish smile, and Vivianne knows that she was right because Jessica Gilbert has never looked sheepish in her life. "Jessica, soul splitting is dangerous, you could have died!"

"I was already dead. Besides, it was easy. I already had two personalities, Jessica Gilbert and Jessica Carter. Jessica Gilbert has always felt like she was a freak, different, which made her the best for the other task so she had to stay in purgatory."

"And you? What's your task."

"When the Otherside collapsed, the Mystic Falls gang and I weren't the only ones who sought a way to come back. Mikael convinced Davina to bring him back and I tagged along since I'm only half a soul and she had too much power. Mikael is bound to her bracelet while I got out scotfree. Esther came back too though, and she brought Finn and Kol with her but they didn't come back in their bodies, they're inhabiting witches," she confides and Vivianne looks at her in shock.

"So what do you have to do?"

"I can't tell you. What I can tell you is that you need to feed." Vivianne looks at her in fear, finally realizing that she is in transition, but before she can freak out Jessica stops her. "Relax, you'll have your magic. Gilbert did a spell before you died. Once you feed, you'll be a tribrid," she says before holding out her wrist. "But you have to feed on me to complete it since you died with my blood in your system." Vivianne looks at it for a couple minutes before complying, knowing that her life will never be the same after this.

After Klaus gives Hope to Rebekah, he heads back to the compound and walks to his room, laying on his bed, not realize how bad of an idea this is. He has been running on adrenaline since he saw Jessica last night but now, as his brain calms down, the migraine returns and he gets sucked into a memory.

About 1000 years ago- Mystic Falls Territory

Jessica Carter sat in a small hut in the middle of the woods where she snuck to meet Niklaus Mikaelson to teach him magic. He's a fast learner, which is good since they usually get sidetracked staring at each other before they begin kissing until Rebekah comes to get Nik. She had been waiting for 15 minutes and was about to leave when Niklaus finally burst through the door, looking distressed. "Nik, what's happened?" Jessica asks, worried that Mikael might've beat him again but Niklaus looks at her with tears in his eyes and she knows that he had abused him but with something that would leave scars more permanent than a whip leaves. 

"He's right. Father is right. He told me that I was worthless and that nobody would love me and I let it slip that you do. That you care and he laughed. He said that even if you did care for me I would never be able to provide for you because I cannot do anything and then he said that you only hang out with me out of pity and, suddenly, it all made sense. You only began hanging out with me after you saw what he had done. You had completely forgotten me until you saw the poor broken Mikaelson boy and took pity on him. Well, guess what, I'm done, Jessica. I don't need your pity," he sobs and Jessica rushes him but stops short of wrapping her arms around him.

"That isn't true, Nik. I don't pity you. I know that you are better than Mikael and that you will survive him because you aren't worthless. Mikael tries to beat you down out of jealousy because he knows you are a better man than he could ever hope to be."

"If you don't hang out with me out of pity then why?" He asks, needing her to reassure him that she cares for him but she surprises him with her next works as she moves her arms around his neck.

"I spend time with you because I love you, Niklaus Mikaelson" she confesses, worried about his reaction. He stands there in shock for a moment before he grins.

"I love you too, Jessica Carter." With that, she connects their lips. The kiss quickly gets heated as his lips leave hers and kiss down her neck.

Then it seems as though the memory speeds up and they are both shedding their clothes and as Klaus enters her, the vision changes and he sees a teenage girl sitting on a beach in Spain complaining about him being in her light, he remembers searching all the hotels in the area until he found her, getting to know her, falling in love with her, Miss Mystic, the sacrifice, killing her, asking to have his memories removed and Genevieve complying out of spite. His eyes snap open as he remembers everything. He doesn't understand, he knew enough about magic from Jessica to know that what Genevieve had done was permanent, unless Jessica was alive and reversed it but if she had, she would've been there.

Then it occurred to him, Genevieve had placed the spell on him but he loved her so much that it was stronger than the spell. The realization hurt, not only because he feared loving someone that much but also because he knew she was dead.

If only he was aware that across the city, Jessica was sitting in her dorm room with Vivianne and Meredith, telling them that they can't let anyone know that she is alive until she finished both tasks and merges their souls. The doppelgängers agree, believing it will be easy since Klaus can't remember and everyone else was in Mystic Falls. Too bad things never work out right.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

384K 7.4K 67
Rosalie Marie Gilbert, the infamous identical twin sister to Elena Gilbert. She's been pulled into the world of vampires, werewolves, and witches eve...
322K 8.4K 57
BEING REWRITTEN. IF CHAPTERS ARE MISSING, THEY'RE BEING EDITED AND WILL BE BACK WITHIN AN HOUR. It's been two years since Rory Forbes came back to M...
652K 16.8K 75
"You feel no remorse do you? You don't feel remorse for the people you've hurt, the people you've killed. They're just things to you." "That's not tr...
165K 3.1K 75
𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐚 𝐆𝐢𝐥𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐭. Elena and Jeremy's older sister, who went to Europe after graduation and left a small, remote town behind. But wha...