Redemption |complete| (SasuSa...

By Mel55_59

(Complete) Sasuke comes back to Konoha after a journey seeking atonement and redemption. Finally becoming the... More

The Rise of Buried Emotions
Strangers or Friends
The Breaking Point
A Journey Ahead of Us
The Delicate Features
The Creation of a Dimension
Arrival in the Lava Dimension
The Labyrinth
I will get her back
He was always the right choice
Stay here
Timeline
A feeling of vulnerability
The one who turned 20
She wanted to enjoy things as they were
Tsuchigumo
I know what I feel
I am not coming back
Don't make it harder, please
The Land of Birds
You're home now
You better ask her out
That was all it mattered
Timeline 2
I'm happy that you are here with me
Say it
Redemption
Back to Tsuchigumo
Isn't he the most beautiful
Medical Ninjutsu
The escape
Is this the right time?
What was a part of him
The day before
You are part of my heritage now
Then Don't (Lemon version)
Then Don't (No Lemon)
Maybe next time
Hold him closer
New Theory
Tell her that I am sorry
Countdown
The little boy in the dark room
Infiltration
The second one who turned 20
Are you trying to kill me (Lemon)
Team 7 reunited
Mission starts
The answer
What does it look like?
First night on mission (Lemon)
Me or no one else?
To keep you safe
Week seven?
A castle appears
Back home
A new treatment
Recovery
I'm a child when I'm bored
Tsukigakure
I love you (Lemon)
Snowball fight and Susanoo
Final Countdown
Welcome to our world
I wish you the best
Back to Konoha
Just let me hold you
There is something I want to say
Ten weeks
The Uchiha Compound
You are not real
Psychosis
Bright Orange
Take it off (Lemon)
Take it off (no lemon)
Sai and Sasuke
The festival
Please think about it
The bird without a letter ("soft lemon")
A symbolic promise
A pointless thing to do
The threat
Do we have a plan?
Are you two bickering?
I will love you, always
I'm back (Lemon)
Let's play
You know what to do (soft lemon)
Beg me (soft lemon)
I'm sorry for hurting you
I am a bad mother
The Fight
Reflection
Rushiken
Until her birthday
He will wait for Sakura
Be quiet (Strong lemon)
The Talk
Preparation for the night
Game on
A bittersweet birthday party
A final goodbye
27 years old
The year of the new beginning
Until we meet again (soft lemon)
Epilogue

Drinking her Way to Forgiveness

8.9K 249 110
By Mel55_59

Tuesday 13th of June

Sakura opened her eyes in her dark bedroom. It had been three days now since she broke down in front of Sasuke. The accumulation of exhaustion had taken a toll on her and so she slept for what felt like the three days. Soldier pills were great but they really had their downfall.

She took the days off at the hospital supported by Tsunade. She didn't even have the strength to get out of bed anymore. She was ashamed of herself and she was mad that she even gave him the time of the day especially after she told herself that she would ignore him. The more she thought about it the more she came to the conclusion that she will never be able to get over him. It was frustrating for her to realise that no matter how hard she tried his actions were still deeply affecting her.

Ino's girl friends talked about it in front of her and all admitted that they never got over their first love. Was it how it was going to be now? Will he forever hold a special place in her heart? Did that mean that whoever she was going to end up with, will she always be thinking of him? Ah, she wished he had never came back. But he was here now and she didn't have a choice but to deal with it.

She rolled over and looked at the window. Through the curtains she could see the shining sun. This land never knew any storms, it was always beautiful and she usually matched the weather but these days she didn't want to. Her mood was dark and so was her energy.

A knock at the door made her heart pound louder in her chest.

"Hey, it's Ino. I'm comin' in."

She sighed. The woman didn't want to see anyone.

"Where're you?"

She didn't reply hoping that her best friend would just got away. Her hope didn't last long and before she knew it the blonde woman was facing the bed.

"You look like a mess. Come on, go take a shower."

She grabbed her arm and dragged her out. The pinkette had no choice but to get into the bathroom. She knew her friend wouldn't leave her alone until she did what she wanted her to do.

The water on her skin did make her feel a bit better but the thoughts filling her mind kept her upset. She cleaned herself and it felt like something lifted off her shoulders.

Twenty minutes later she was dressed and ready to go.

"Where are we going?"

"For a drink." said Ino blankly.

"I don't think so, no."

"Did I say you get to choose?"

She winked and walked out of the apartment.

Sakura let out another sigh and followed her friend. She wanted to get it over with quickly so she could go back to her bed.

They walked for a while before they stopped in front of a bar.

"Ino, I'm a doctor and so are you, sort of. We really can't be caught drinking especially not during the day."

"That's why drinking now is the best idea. The place will be pretty empty, everyone is working so not a lot of people are in the streets and there's enough time for you to sober up before we leave this place. Follow me."

The pinkette could definitely go against that logic but she decided not to. Ino pushed Sakura inside and they both sat down next to a window.

The pink haired woman looked outside while the blonde girl ordered a bottle of sake. When the order came she poured it into two glasses.

"So talk to me. Naruto told me that you were crying after the training session. Apparently he didn't even take part in it. You didn't say anything to him other than "nothing happened and that's the problem." We're all getting worried Sakura. Tsunade also told me that you were overworking yourself quite a bit. You know you can talk to me. It's Sasuke isn't it?"

"It's not that Ino, I don't know I guess I got emotional after training. It was exactly like in the old days, that's all."

The blonde judged the other kunoichi with her eyes before she told her to drink up.

The two friends lifted their glasses and drank the entirety of it at once. Ino put it back on the table and smiled at Sakura's pout.

"Every time you try to hide something I'll make you drink until I get it all out."

"I'm not lying."

"One more then."

She repeated the pouring of alcohol and the drinking. After half an hour Sakura could feel her head spinning a little bit. Well, maybe more than a bit but she was trying to stay in control.

"Well, the both of us will pass out if you don't speak up not that I am complaining because I admire your determination but then people will definitely see you drunk. Your choice."

The pink kunoichi was still looking at the window. Her head was moving back and forth between her friend and the street. The villagers were just carrying on with their days while she was being burned by a fire eating her organs and soul.

She focused on an old lady who was struggling to walk. Standing next to her was a young man. Things were blurry because of the alcohol, but she focused on the familiar hair and the bandana. Then she realised it: it was Sasuke. She frowned her eyebrows and analysed the scene. He was holding a few bags in his only hand and walked at the same pace as the lady.

"What is he doing?" she whispered.

Ino stopped saying whatever she was talking about and followed Sakura's glare.

"Oh, yeah he decided to help the villagers. Some of them are D-rank missions and some other deeds are just his choice. Sai told me about it yesterday."

Her revelation was followed by a long silence so she continued speaking.

"Sakura... you should be happy, he is turning into the man you always wanted him to be."

"I don't want him to." she murmured so quietly that the woman barely heard it.

The two friends remained quiet. The blonde kunoichi didn't know what to say after hearing her best friend's declaration. She was very confused. Her thoughts were interrupted by someone standing next to their table.

"There you are." said the voice. "Ino, sorry to interrupt but I have been looking for you everywhere and someone told me that they saw you walk in here." her judgmental voice make Sakura slouch in her seat hoping to disappear. " Anyway, Tsunade needs you to pick up some document at the hospital for her. Keep them until tomorrow and give them to her."

Shizune looked at the three empty bottles of sake on the table.

"What are we celebrating?" she asked curiously.

"Nothing! I'll go now! Sakura wait here I'll be right back. We're not done yet."

She stumbled her way out of the place and disappeared from Sakura's view. She was finally alone. She poured herself another glass and stared at the colourless liquid not sure if her body will accept more of it. After judging the situation for a while she downed it in a second. She didn't have to work for a few days anyway.

Her gaze turned back to the window and stared at the emptiness for what felt like forever. Time had no meaning for her right now and she liked that feeling. "I'll need to buy a bottle or two before I go home." She thought to herself.

As she was staring, Sasuke appeared in her field of vision again. He stood there for a bit, his back facing her. She browsed his back, his messy poncho, legs and back of head. She knew it by heart and could draw it with closed eyes if she had to.

She realised that she didn't feel any anger towards him, just a lot of sadness. A sadness that wasn't burning her like the anger but drowning her instead. She poured another glass and drank it.

She looked back outside hoping that she will see him and there he was. This time he was kneeling down in front of a little boy who seemed to be crying. Sasuke grabbed the boy's arm and put him back up. As the young one dried his tears with his sleeve Sasuke put his only hand on the head of the child and lifted the corners of his mouth. It wasn't a smile but nearly.

Another glass. The boy laughed and jumped on Sasuke to hug him. Sasuke seemed uncomfortable and froze. The kid let go and ran away.

Another glass. Everything was spinning now and Sakura lost control of herself. She broke down and cried. The tears were exploding out of her eyes like they had been waiting for this moment to happen. She hid her face in her hands and let go of herself. Her head was pounding already but she didn't know if it was because of the tears or the alcohol. She stayed like that until her eyes burnt.

"Sakura."

She froze instantly. Her face was still hidden but she felt movement in front of her. She peaked through her fingers and caught Sasuke's gaze. She didn't want to speak to him, she really didn't want to. She saw him looking at the bottles and he looked at her concerned.

"You drank?"

She nodded against her own will.

"Ino made me but I didn't want to."

"How much have you drank?"

"I don't know."

"Do you want me to get someone for you?"

"No. I want to be alone."

He nodded and stood up. Sakura raised her head quickly.

"Where are you going?"

"You said you wanted to be alone."

"I said I didn't want you to get anyone for me. But you, you can stay."

The words were pouring out of her mouth without her controlling them. She didn't even know she felt this way before she said it out loud. She wanted him around...

---------------------------------

Sasuke stared at her not knowing if he should sit down or stand up. She was looking absolutely pathetic which was very unsettling for him. She always controlled herself but now she was slouching on the table and couldn't articulate very well. They both stared at each other. If he wanted her to pay attention to him the other day now he wanted her to look away. He felt very uncomfortable.

"I saw ya wit' the littl' boy."

He frowned his eyebrows trying to decipher what she was saying. He understood "little boy" and assumed she was referring to what had just happened. Was that why she was crying? He looked away a bit embarrassed.

"You're really tryin', hn?"

"I'm bringing you home, come on."

"No, I nee'ya to answer. Ya're really tryin're you?"

"Hn."

Her words were harder to understand by the second and she really needed to get home now. He concluded that she was simply asking if he was really trying to be different but he didn't see the point of having a conversation with her right now.

She suddenly put her head down on the table and closed her eyes. "Great." he mumbled to himself.

His arm grabbed her and put her on his shoulder. On his way out he told the owner to give the bill to the other girl who was sitting with her. If she was going to make Sakura drunk, she might as well pay the bill.

As soon as he was out he realised that he didn't know where home was for her and brought her to the only place he knew off: Naruto's house.

After breaking in by breaking the lock on the entrance door, he gently lied her down on the sofa and smiled slightly. She looked so different asleep. His eyes scanned the room to find a piece of paper and once he found it, wrote down a note for his friend.

------------------------------

Naruto got home worried that the door was broken. He thought that Hinata might've came home early but the kitchen was empty. After walking around the apartment he finally found his teammate lying down asleep. Now the door made sense. He stared at her for a minute before seeing the piece of paper on her belly. He took it in his hand and read it:

"Naruto, I found Sakura drinking. Apparently she was with Ino but ended up drinking alone. She cried and fell asleep on the table. She needs help, help her. Take care of her, I have to go on a short mission in a village nearby tomorrow. It'll be good for her if I am away for a few days.

Ps: I apologise for the door.

Sasuke."

Naruto folded the piece in half and put a blanket over her. He had no idea how to treat a situation like this but his wife might.

------------------------------------

Sakura opened her aching eyes smelling food. Her stomach started acting up and she instantly felt sick. Where was she?

"Ah! Sakura-Chan! You're finally awake. Hinata! Sakura is awake!"

Her head banged at her friend's loud voice. A lovely long haired woman walked in. Her soft smile calmed Sakura's banging headache.

"Naruto-kun, speak quietly. Sakura here needs some rest to sober up.

"Why am I here?"

Her voice sounded lower than usual.

"Sasuke found you in a bar and you were drunk but he didn't know where you lived so he brought you here."

She tried to recall the past events but nothing came to her mind. It was a dark hole. Sasuke had found her in that state? She was even more ashamed of herself now. She stood up trying to keep her balance, Naruto hand was on her back helping her.

"You should really take it slow. Stay for dinner! Hinata cooked something already."

"No, no, no I can't eat anything right now. I need to go home."

In reality she just wanted to disappear in her bed and hope that the rest of the world would forget about her. She pushed him away and walked out the door with a simple "thank you" directed at the married couple.

---------------------------------

Naruto looked at Hinata confused.

"What's going on with her?"

"She is hurt. We need to give her support and time."

The balcony window opened suddenly and Sasuke stood there.

"How is she doing? Why did you let her go?"

The blonde jumped at the same time as his wife. They turned their head towards the voice. Naruto started screaming angrily.

"How long gave you been there for? You scared me! What's wrong with you? Can you not use the door like you did when you brought her here?!"

"She would've seen me. Answer."

"She's alright I guess. I don't know. I don't know why you even brought her here, what did you want me to do."

"Talk to her. You're good at that."

Naruto raised one eyebrow. Did Sasuke just gave him a compliment.

"Don't get your hopes up. Your voice is annoying to me but seems like everyone loves you for that." replied Sasuke quickly.

He turned his head embarrassed. His friend laughed. They knew each other and even if their conversation sounded mean to Hinata she knew better and was well aware that Sasuke struggled to express emotions and had his own ways of doing it. Naruto told her that she'll ended up getting used to it. She smiled at the two and walked back into the kitchen leaving the old friends so Sasuke could feel safe to open up more.

"Look I know I'm an idiot but I'm not stupid though. She doesn't need me right now but she needs you."

"Why would she need me if she told me she didn't want me around?"

"I don't know what she said to you but I know Sakura. I've spent more time with her than you did and I don't need her to speak to understand what she has inside of her. Well most of the time. This time I know she is moved by you because you know, you came back and all. She was alright up until you showed up. I don't know what's going on there and what you two said to each other but... yeah."

"What do you do in these types of situations?"

"Well if I upset Hinata I buy her a little something and I apologize."

"Hn."

"Look she likes sweet things, flowers anything girls like just avoid makeup. Ino could be a great help they're best friends."

Sasuke vividly shook his head.

"No. I won't ask her."

"Buy her some sweets in a box and give them to her. Flowers are a bit too much."

"Why? That's what I wanted to get."

A huge smile appeared on Naruto's face.

"Then get her that!"

"You just said it was too much."

"No no. Just get her that!"

Sasuke nodded. Flowers were good. It was traditional, lasted for a while and wasn't bad for your health.

"Hey about that Chunnin exam. Are you ready?"

Sasuke looked at his friend with despair.

"We don't need to prepare for that, idiot. We fought the strongest shinobi in history, it's not necessary to train to beat some unknown ninja who are most likely younger than us and less experienced. If anything they'll be too scared of us to even fight us."

He left by the balcony again. Naruto sighed. This man was complexe and will obviously never make their lives simple but he didn't mind. It was better to have him around than not.

------------------------------------

Sakura was desperately trying to drink her tea but her stomach was actively telling her not to. A knock on her door stopped her. She wondered who it could be.

She struggled to stand up and walked to the door. She wasn't in the mood to deal with anyone so she waited a bit before opening it hoping that the person on the other side would leave.

She turned the door knob and slowly opened it. She didn't see anyone behind it but her eyes travelled down and she saw a bouquet of flowers with a note attached. She picked it up and closed the door.

She put down the flowers on the kitchen counter. It was a bouquet of white peonies. They were beautiful.

She opened the note and read it to herself:

"Apparently gifts are something that is done when someone is upset. Just feel a bit better now.
Sasuke."

This time a real smile appeared on her lips. He was really trying his best.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 20 19
(NaruSaku & possible other ships) When an old friend returns from a supposed death. To be faced with an unbelievable betrayal. When the friend that o...
171K 5.1K 50
COMPLETED !!DISCLAIMER!! This was my first ever story that I have written and published on wattpad. I have never imagined it to ever go to 125k rea...
75.4K 2.4K 30
After three years, the Uchiha family finally arose from rock bottom and went back to their hometown, Konoha. The youngest son, Sasuke Uchiha, took ov...
5.3K 224 32
Summary: Naruto's friends are gone, his lover is dying, Konoha is destroyed, and Madara's second return has pushed the entire world to the brink. Hun...