Love and Loss (The Fun Gilber...

By Jbic02

Jessica Gilbert has finally graduated high school and has decided to attend the University of New Orleans wit... More

Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1- End Of Summer
Chapter 2- True Lies/House of the Rising Sun
Chapter 3- Tangled Up in Blue
Chapter 4- Girl In New Orleans
Chapter 5- Playing My Own Side
Chapter 6- Revenge
Chapter 7- Bloodletting
Chapter 8- The River in Reverse
Chapter 9- Ever The Savior
Chapter 10- Runaway Witch
Chapter 11- Aprรจs Moi, Le Dรฉluge
Chapter 12- Transitions and Choices
Chapter 13- Le Grand Guignol/ Farewell to Storyville
Chapter 14- The Devil Inside
Chapter 15-Guilt & Anger Make Bad Bedfellows
Chapter 16- An Unblinking Death
Chapter 17- A Closer Walk With Thee
Chapter 19- From a Cradle to a Grave
Cast Part 2
Chapter 20- I'll Remember/Rebirth
Chapter 21- Yellow Ledbetter/ Alive and Kicking
Chapter 22- Prison World Blues (Part 1)
Chapter 23-Prison World Blues (Part 2)
Chapter 24- Back From the Dead
Chapter 25- Why, Kai, Why?
Chapter 26- Merging
Chapter 27- Clifford the Big Red Door
Chapter 28- Links and Bonds
Chapter 29- Friends-giving
Chapter 30- Weddings and Hexes
Chapter 31- Long Lost Sisters
Chapter 32- Taking Chances
Chapter 33- Hateful Reunions
Chapter 34- Plots and Tricks
Chapter 35- Staying One Step Ahead
Chapter 36- Different Sides
Chapter 37- Friend or Foe?
Chapter 38- Everyone's Favorite Brother
Chapter 39- The Final Battle
Chapter 40- The Aftermath
Beacon Falls

Chapter 18- The Battle of New Orleans

543 17 1
By Jbic02

3rd Person P.O.V.

When Mikael came to Davina with an offer to kill Klaus if she brought him back, she was reluctant. Sure, Marcel said that Klaus was the bad guy, but Jessica saw a different side and even if he had poisoned her and Tim, he also made sure that they survived. When he was around Jessica, he was a good person, or at least as good as he could be, and even now that she was dead, he was still doing things to help the people Jessica helped. But after she did a spell to stop Marcel from being tracked and Klaus had bitten Josh to find Marcel's location and then refused to heal him until he was done, she made up her mind. She was going to do it.

Klaus and Elijah, thanks to the information Klaus got from Davina, tracked Jackson to a warehouse rigged with explosives. They got him out but Marcel had taken the stones needed for the rings but Klaus had a backup plan. "You've got to be kidding me, Klaus!" Vivianne scolds. "I told you that you can't trust Francesca Correa, there is something off about her. Why don't you ever listen to me?"

Klaus ignores the pain and the flashes of the same girl he had seen the day Mikael went after Hayley, who he determined must be this Jessica that Hayley saw, who was complaining that nobody listened to her as Vivianne had. "Well, she happens to be the only person who can get these stones, unless your little friends on the Otherside can get us some?" He snarks and Meredith scoffs.

"You do realize that Kol is on the Otherside, right?"

Klaus chuckles. "Yes but I don't see him offering his help."

"That's because he's becoming a sellout," Jessica sneers, appearing next to Klaus, not that he can see. She looks to Vivianne and sighs. "I know where you can get some stones."

"Really?" She gasps and Klaus looks at her.

"What?" He demands and she smirks.

"One of my 'little friends' from purgatory has some stashed at a mansion back in Mystic Falls and she has a spell that allows me to transport from here directly there and back, meaning no chance of Marcel accosting me." Klaus grumbles out an affirmative and Vivianne disappears to Jessica's mansion and gets in her safe while Klaus calls the Correas, just in case. Vivianne discovers that she can't use magic in Mystic Falls so before heading to New Orleans, she speaks with Damon, who tells her about his suicide mission. She sighs but knows she needs to get the stones back.

As soon as she gets back, she goes to give Klaus the stones, only to find that the Correas had already provided him with some. She angrily pulls Meredith to the side and tells her about the situation in Mystic Falls, unaware just how dire things had gotten in purgatory.

"What are you planning, Jessica?" Alaric asks his stepdaughter, worried.

"I have to help in New Orleans. You head to Mystic Falls and make sure that you make it through to the land of the living. I'll meet you there," she lies, managing to convince Alaric and Stefan, who disappear, but not Enzo, who's been watching her interact in the past few days.

"You're lying. You know that you won't make it there in time," he says, watching the beautiful girl in confusion. "Why are you so hell-bent on helping the man that killed you?"

She smiles at him sadly. "Because even if he doesn't remember me, I still love him, and I can't lose him. I won't. As for the baby, I need to protect her for a different reason, it's like I'm drawn to her, I can't let her get hurt." Enzo studies her.

"How old are you?" He questions.

"19." Enzo looks at the girl in awe. So young yet so willing to risk Hell to save people who don't seem to give a damn about her.

"You're a very brave girl. I hope someday they realize what they are missing out on," he says before kissing her cheek softly. "I hope you find a way to escape Hell," he tells her sincerely before disappearing. Jessica touches the cheek that he kissed with a smile before shaking it off and beginning the spell that will allow her to exist on the other side of the veil until purgatory falls apart.

As soon as the spell is done, Jessica looks up to see Sean, knowing that it is truly Nature. "You understand your mission, correct?" He asks and Jessica nods.

"I do. I'll have everything ready before purgatory collapses."

"Good," he says before smiling. "Katerina Petrova has been taken into hell." Jessica reflects his smile before he disappears and the world around her becomes brighter, losing its greyish tint, letting her know that the spell had worked. The first thing she does is find Josh and cure his werewolf bite. He had just begun drinking from her wrist when Davina walks in, talking to Mikael. She cuts herself off when she takes in the scene in front of her.

"Jessica?" She gasps as Josh pulls away.

"Oh, you're real. I thought I was hallucinating you," Josh states and Jessica laughs.

"I wouldn't necessarily say that I'm real. I've pulled down the veil that's in front of me but as soon as purgatory fades, so will I," she reveals and Davina immediately begins shaking her head.

"No, we can bring you back. We have to."

Jessica smiles at the teenager. "We can't, Davina. I have too much to do. Starting with convincing Marcel not to start a war with Klaus."

"Why? Klaus killed you, he bit Josh. He has to die!"

"He doesn't remember me, D."

"What?" She asks in confusion, and Jessica smiles at her sadly.

"Genevieve erased me from his memories because she got angry. Right now, every time he thinks about doing something, the voice that usually reminds him that I will react badly is only saying he shouldn't do it without a reason. I can't bring his memories back but I can stop Genevieve and the other Harvest girls from killing his baby," Jessica explains, surprising Josh and Davina.

"What do you mean killing his baby?" Josh wonders so Jessica explains about Esther and her deal with Genevieve that Enzo had found out. Once she finishes, she leaves with Josh to try and talk Marcel and his guys out of their war.

They walk into the bar as they hear Marcel say, "I need to know, right now-- who's with me?" Everyone begins to cheer in agreement until Jessica steps forward.

"That's great, except your fighting the wrong enemy." Marcel sighs rolling his eye.

"Vivianne, I don't know what you're talking about but you can't protect Klaus," Marcel says, angry, before Diego speaks.

"We can start our war with her." He rushes at Jessica only to be thrown against the wall with her mind before everyone but Marcel and Josh fall to their knee, feeling their bodies tearing themselves apart for a few minutes before Jessica lets up.

"Great, now that we've established that Vivi and Mer are at the compound and I'm Jessica, I suggest you listen to what I have to say," she sneers and everyone looks at her in shock but gives her their attention. "Nik isn't the enemy. He's a dick, sure, but he's been a vampire a hell of a lot longer than a wolf. He got the idea of moonlight rings from me and I know you think that you stopped him but he made a deal with the Correas, despite Viv's warning because nobody knew that they were Guerrera wolves and they've made a deal with Genevieve."

"What deal?" Marcel asks, worried.

"That ginger whore gives the moonlight rings to Francesca and her brothers, who will all trigger their curse, and the witches get Hayley so they can take her baby and sacrifice it to appease the ancestors and bring back the final harvest girl while Genevieve gets to live," she reveals, shocking everyone once more. "So, you can fight Nikki, who makes one hell of an ally, and lose, or you can fight to protect an innocent baby whose only crime is that she is a firstborn Mikaelson witch." The vampires finally agree to join and Jessica explains how the rings will weaken Klaus.

"So we take the rings from all the wolves," Marcel states and Jessica nods.

"But be careful because their bite can kill you and they will bite more than once. It won't be a show of power, they are fighting to kill," she warns as they leave to go to the compound.

Jessica hangs back while they all enter as Klaus and Elijah make their way out to confront them. "I thought this lot had learnt their lesson!" Klaus taunts before demanding Marcel's presence as Mer and Vivianne join the brothers. "So, where's the ringleader of this circus? Too afraid to show his face?"

Marcel steps into the light on one of the balconies. "Oh I'm here and I brought someone. You won't recognize her but your allies will and you'll be surprised to learn that we aren't here to fight." The brothers share confused looks before Elijah turns to Marcel.

"Then why are you here?"

"To protect Nik's baby," Jessica answers, stepping out past all the vampires and standing in front of the group. As they talk, they are unaware the Genevieve has finished the spell and given the rings to Francesca before spelling Hayley and taking her. "My only priority right now is that little girl whom your mother has put a hit on. I convinced them to help but you have to know, the Correas are Guerrera wolves," she reveals as Klaus falls to his knee in pain. Not only is he suffering from the pain of the wolves resisting the shift but he also has the pain of flashes of memories as he remembers flashes of Jessica, flashes that shouldn't be breaking through the very powerful spell.

The Gurreras come out and a fight breaks out until Hayley scream and Klaus leaves to go help her. The fighting continues until the werewolves seem to win. They leave the compound unaware of the dead being waiting. "Quite a show you put on back there, Francesca," Jessica taunts and all the wolves turn to her in fear, knowing that it's her.

"You're supposed to be dead," Francesca tries, but Jessica simply laughs.

"You're right, I am. But you should've known, I protect the people I love, whether I'm alive or dead," she snarls before shifting into a wolf and tearing them all apart. She shifts back, pulling on the clothes she had brought before taking all their rings and burning them with her mind, hoping that it gives Klaus the strength to save Hayley.

Little does she know that he had already made it to the church where Hayley was giving birth and no matter how much power he gains, it's no match to the power of all the witch spirits of New Orleans, especially with his mother's power added to it. He keeps trying to fight until Genevieve pulls away from Hayley with the baby in her hands. She begs them to let her hold her baby and Genevieve obeys, setting the newborn baby girl into her mother's arms. Hayley smiles right before Monique slits her throat, causing Klaus to let out a howl loud enough to catch Jessica, Elijah, and Vivianne's attention as she had killed a wolf and broken her curse. They all rush to the church, hoping to help, only to discover that they were too late.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.2K 1.9K 45
Jessica Gilbert was normal.... if you looked past the fact that she was a tribrid but that was easy since only a handful of people knew. Her life cha...
119K 3.4K 46
๐‹๐ž๐จ๐ง๐จ๐ซ๐š ๐Œ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ž, A girl turned weapon, obtaining an insatiable desire of knowledge. Desperate to hold the worlds secrets in the palm of...
41.1K 642 35
Sasha Gilbert is Jeremy Gilbert's twin sister and Elena Gilbert's little sister. She is the type of person that forgives everyone and tries to see th...
168K 3.2K 75
๐๐ก๐ข๐ฅ๐จ๐ฉ๐ก๐จ๐›๐ข๐š The fear of falling in love or being in a romantic relationship. ___ Cassandra Gilbert. Elena and Jeremy's older sister, who...