Iris: Child of prophecy

Par obliviousstudent

Iris has had a difficult life, running from her past and living like a nomad. She is not a regular wolf. She... Plus

Chapter one
Chapter Two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter Nine
author's note
Chapter ten.
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen.
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty: Moon Goddess.
Chapter Twenty one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty four
Chapter Twenty five
Chapter Twenty six
Chapter Twenty seven
Chapter Twenty eight
Author's Note
Chapter Thirty
Chapter thirty one
Chapter Thirty two
Chapter thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four.
Chapter Thirty five.
Thirty-six.
Thirty seven: Witchcraft
Thirty eight.
Chapter Thirty-nine.
Chapter Forty.
Final authors note

Chapter Twenty-nine.

1.3K 36 0
Par obliviousstudent

For a moment, I thought I had said something wrong because of the blank look Malik gave me.

"What? What is it?" I asked, cupping his cheek. His hands instinctively went to mine on his face.

Then suddenly his face went blank, he was mind linking someone. I frowned. "You see? I want to know what you're saying. How is it fair that only gets to read my thoughts?" I pouted.

He smiled. "I was telling everybody in this pack not to disturb us till morning."

Huh.

"Why would you say that?" I tilted my head. Completely oblivious.

"Because of this," his eyes got lighter and goosebumps appeared all over my skin as he placed his lips on mine. I shut my eyes and wrapped my hands around his neck. It was already dark out, so he picked me up and made his way into the pack house that I was always surprised was empty. Literally all the time.

He walked over to the sitting area and placed me on the couch. By then, he was already shirtless. I ran my palms all over his back and he growled into my mouth. He left my lips and traced kisses down my cheeks to my jawline. He reached his mark on my collarbone and dipped his teeth again. I clutched the end of the couch, biting my lip as I threw back my head to muffle the scream that threatened to spill out of my lips. The action was so daunting and sensational that I jerked up involuntarily, and since we were already on a very uneven platform, he lost his balance and fell to the ground, pulling me with him. I fell against his chest as I straddled his torso. We both burst out laughing. I laid my head on his chest and we breathed in sync. I could hear his heart thump. The sound reverberated through my entire skull. If not for the assurance that it was because of me, it was almost painful.

I purred in pleasure, rubbing my head and face against his hot, hard pecs like a feline. Being so close to him made me feel wanted, something I never knew. I lifted my head and placed a kiss on his chest so softly, but it was enough for him to snap. Before I knew what was happening, I was in his laps as he lifted himself up. His hands hiked up my shirt, unhooking my bra for the second time that day. He removed the straps from my shoulders and threw it across the room. Leaving me to swim in his enormous shirt.

"Shall we finish what we started earlier?" His brows went up, and he had the sexiest grin on his face.

"What you started when I said I wanted to become your Luna?" I teased. "I'm not really understanding the situation," I grinned.

"Oh? Let me expatiate." He picked me up and threw me over his shoulders yet again. I think that is his go-to move. But this time, I didn't struggle or grab his ass. I made myself busy with the tattoos on his back. He had tattoos on his lower back, and they formed a sleeve from his elbow down. But there was nothing on his chest and shoulders.

"If you don't stop that, I don't think we'll make it to our room."

I smiled and continued, using my both hands this time. He dropped me when we were halfway up the stairs to the second floor. I looked at him sheepishly. That was all it took to be pampered with all sorts of pleasurable tortures.

I didn't even realize when we made it into the room until he was already getting rid of more clothing.

It got all too real so damn fast. Did I want this? I guess. It feels too damn good to stop it. I am sure I am developing feelings for the hunky chunk of fine flesh on top of me but did I love him? I wasn't even officially his yet. Call me old school. But right now, I don't even have the willpower to stop this. How the hell is this supposed to work?

He gave me a boyish grin. "Don't worry, Iris, I'll be gentle."

I was going to roll my eyes, but I was too shocked to look away. I will not lie. This was pretty. I know, I know, I'm a badass witch and all. I've been alive for a long time, but yet when it came to this kind of stuff, I have always been so uninformed. You really can't blame me. I grew up around affection-hating women who were taught that love was a sign of weakness. Modern-day toxic feminity had nothing on the witches of the west.

I knew Malik sensed my fear. "Iris, do you trust me?"

I looked into his eyes, just realizing they were dark blue. He must have reeled his wolf in. I swallowed and nodded.

He smiled. "It's really cute seeing how flustered you are"

"Boo-hoo," I retorted.

"Don't worry, my innocent little mate, I got you, but if you're not ready yet, I completely understand." This time, I really rolled my eyes.

"Maybe we should just focus on me becoming a Luna first," I mumbled, looking away. My wolf growled in annoyance, so did he, and I was sure his wolf did as well. Sorry, I was a kill of joy. It's the responsibility of the only sensible one in this relationship.

If it disappointed him, he didn't show it. He just nodded and got off the bed and walked into the closet. A little while later, a shirt landed smack on my face.

"Put it on!" he yelled from the closet. I didn't waste any more time. I slipped it over my head. He came back out wearing sweatpants.

"Hey, where are you going?" I asked as he headed for the door, his hands already on the handle.

"I'm going for a run, feeling pretty hot," he turned to look at me. And I suddenly felt this pang of guilt, as if I had done something wrong.

I bit my lip and tried to hide the disappointment I was currently feeling. Stop it, foolish hormones. You can live without him. I assured myself.

Malik tilted his head. "No Iris, no, you can't, and neither can I."

Okay, that does it. I shut my eyes and cleared my head. This has gone on for far too long. I pushed him out and put a barrier up in my mind.

"You being a bit too much, don't you think?" He raised his brows.

'Foolish Alpha,' I thought, testing out the separation. Judging by the blank look he was giving me, it worked.

"No, I don't think so at all. You were being too much."

He grinned. "Oh yeah? How so?"

"Ugh, weren't you going on a run?" I groaned. I was tired and done with the conversation.

"Fine. But bear in mind, you're the reason I won't be able to sleep next to my beautiful mate." he left the room.

Wait, what? That son of a...

Now how am I supposed to sleep with this constant gnawing of guilt I feel? He totally said that on purpose, just great.

************************************

I stared at the ceiling all night. I tried everything, counting sheep, reading a boring book, everything. Nothing worked at all. So I was up at four thirty to go do some exercise and, of course, revenge. Malik would have gone out by now. How he woke up by four every morning still surprised me. Well, heavy lies the head that wears the crown.

I walked downstairs after putting on my black sports bra and leggings. I grabbed my Nike running shoes in my hands as I walked down. Wait a minute, what is this?

I walked down to see a shirtless Malik sprawled on a couch. And the idiot didn't even lay on one of the larger comfortable ones. Half his body was dangling down. His dark brown hair was in a sexy mess. It was slightly damp, his cheekbones and jawline glistening with sweat at the little light in the room. I longed to touch his face, to kiss his slightly open lips. But I had revenge on my mind.

So I walked into the kitchen and picked up a pan and a wooden spoon, and walked to the common area. Stood beside him and banged. I regretted it immediately. He was on me in no time, teeth sinking into my neck. I was already choking, my hands flailing helplessly. His teeth had punctured my pharynx, and I was drowning in my blood.

"Iris?!" He yelled after he had let go. "What the hell?!"

I smiled at him, sitting up as the wound closed itself, wiping the blood from my lips. "Wow Malik, anybody else would think of this as an effect of PTSD, but you and I know you're just crazy."

"Do you think this is funny? If it was anybody else, they would have died," he growled. Already? Again? Early this morning?

"Well, thank goodness nobody else has the balls to wake you up like that."

"You mean nobody else is stupid enough to wake me at all? What is the time?" He scratched the back of his head.

"Should be about 4:45," I shrugged.

"4:45! Damn, sleeping on the couch must have disoriented me, or probably the fact that I had to exercise till about 1:30 am yesterday." He winked at me.

And just like that, I am both guilty and mad again.

"Is it really that much of a big deal that we didn't... you know?" I bit my lower lip.

He sighed, "It isn't. It just took a lot of fighting to prevent my wolf from taking you yesterday. Especially when you wouldn't stop calling to me."

My head tilted to the side. "Calling you-" My eyes widened in realization and my hands went up to cover my parted lips. Talk about without consent! It was too bad that i could not just have a candid conversation with my beastly subconscious, my did I have words to exchange.

"I'm going up to change and judging by your outfit, you doing so too?"

"Yeah, couldn't get much sleep either. No thanks to you."

"That was the entire point," he grinned at me, running up to go change.

I didn't wait for him. I put on my Adidas and ran out of the pack house. After I ran for about 5 minutes, I leisurely strolled to the clearing. Hey, don't judge. I hated exercising, and it showed. I mean, I'm not fit at all, but I was untouchable. Magic always provided us, witches, with an easy way out. They were a potion that enhanced physical abilities only it can with a dire price after you've accomplished the task you could be left incapacitated for quite a while.

I was not going to work out but rather train my magic. Now that I no longer needed to hide, I might as well prepare for the fight that we were all aware was coming.

As I reached the clearing that was beside the gym, I saw a familiar redhead punching a sandbag. Thank the heavens, I was already going to look for her after... well when the sun came up. Might as well get it over with now.

"Aria," I called out as I walked into the gym. I had to give it to Malik. His pack was quite impressive. Never really been in a gym. Big surprise, but I was sure this was well stocked.

I saw her pause for a bit and continue her assault on the sandbag.

"Aria," I cooed, "I know you can hear me."

"What are you doing here, Iris?" She asked, without turning to look at me.

"I'm here to... train actually," I smiled.

I was going to say apologize, but that will only tick her off and cause her to walk away again.

Her brows went up as she hugged the bag and turned to me. "You. Train. At this hour?"

"Mmmhmmm," I nodded and smiled.

"Fine, carry on then." She said and went back to punching her bag.

"I will," I replied and walked over to the treadmill. Remember when I said I had never been to a gym? Yeah, well, that was true, and I had no damn idea how to operate the stupid thing. After a few seconds of utter confusion, I gave up and went to look for something that wasn't mechanical and didn't require electricity.

I saw a large tire and some pretty heavy ropes. After a lot of failed attempts at lifting the tire, I gave up.

"How about we spar?" I spoke up. She paused and looked at me. "You know you want to beat my ass."

"Yeah and have the Alpha take my head for hurting you?"

I rolled my eyes. "We both know that you can't hurt me."

"Oh yeah, right, I almost forgot you a lying, deceitful witch," she spat.

"Ow Aria," I placed my palms on my chest, "words hurt."

"That's exactly why I said them."

Okay, she's really pissed. Gosh, why does she have to be so stubborn? I'm sure it's that wolf of hers. So aggressive and hateful.

"You know what? I don't care what happens. Let's go!" she motioned to me. And we got into the ring. We sparred, and my, was she mad. It was then I realized that she was always holding back when we sparred. I guess she did have some amount of control, after all. It did not surprise me though she had Alpha blood after all. I did all I could to manage and hold my own against her, but I would always be thankful that I healed as quickly as I bruised, so after a while of banging up each other, we lay on the ground panting.

I was so sweaty, so much for not working out my body.

"Aria, I'm so sorry I lied to you," I panted, propping my torso up with my elbow as pillars of support.

"No, it's okay. It is my fault for believing anything good would ever come my way." She hissed.

Ouch, ouch. She was never been mad for this long.

"I am the one whose cursed," she went on "cast out from my family and pack for something I did not do, trusted a lying witch I thought of as a sister for way too long-" I winced "and now my last hope of happiness doesn't even want to be around me-" ahhh I see what the problem is "- tell me am I that repulsive?"

"Aria"

"You know what? I don't need the answer to that. I already know I am."

"Aria, I cannot imagine what you're going through-"

"No, you can't!" She yelled, "you can never, you can never know how much pain I'm in, how bad my heart is breaking, how sad I am, how low my self-esteem has gotten. You can't imagine. When your best friend, your only family, broke your trust and worst of all, the only person that is meant to have eyes for only you, says he wants nothing to do with you. You can never know, so please stop with the pretense. Just leave me alone."

By the time she was done talking, we were both crying. I hadn't even realized the tears coating my cheeks until she glared at me.

She got out of the ring, picked up her bag, and left the gym.

I just sat there, crying. I have seriously messed up. I can't bear Aria being mad at me, and I can't bear her being in so much pain. I know what I have to do. Even if she hates me forever, she must at least get the one thing she always dreamed of, her mate.

And I would move mountains to ensure that.

************************************

I need food, and I don't want to shift. Ugh, where the hell am I going to get any food?

I walked over to a large tree and sat down. Maybe if I don't walk as much, I'll conserve some energy. It's surprising how much fat my body retains in these dire times. There should be a pack around here, right?

I stood up again, walking as my nose led.

I walked for a while before I saw a pack. Score there's going to be food! Now I just have to figure out how to get in and out. I am always jealous of Sage when I am in these situations. Her special gift was invisibility. I climbed up a tree to scope out the border patrol, but there was none. Hmm... other people would take this as a warning and walk away, but not me. I am too hungry to be cautious. I came down as stealthily as I could, which isn't quiet or fast either. I got into the clearing walking towards the houses in the middle of the pack. Keeping my head low, it seemed as if there was an event or so. I could pick up on the suffocating tension because of the thick air. The quiet in these areas was too suspicious, the entire aura of the pack felt off. There was energy lingering all around in the air as if something bad had just happened. I was minding my business when I heard screaming.

"YOU CAN'T DO THIS?!" now I wasn't minding my business anymore "MY FATHER AND MOTHER, YOUR ALPHA AND LUNA DIED PROTECTING THIS PACK, AND YOU'RE SELLING ME OFF?"

I walked to one house that had stairs in the front, away from the crowd gaining some height, standing up on my tippy toes trying to catch a glimpse of the very unhappy girl shouting in the midst of all these people. I saw the brightest redhead I had ever seen. She was quaking with rage, her gangly frame coursing with extreme anger and tears dripping from her pointed chin that she made a habit of jutting in the air. Her face was very defined, with high cheekbones, and small but sharp green eyes I could even make out from here. She had a very exotic look, her cheeks looked sunken as if she'd been malnourished.

"NOW YOU WANT TO SELL THE FUTURE OF THIS PACK TO SOME LOWLY, RUDDY, SAVAGE ALPHA? MY PARENTS DIED PROTECTING ME AND YOU'RE SELLING ME, THE FUTURE ALPHA OF THIS PACK TO THE MAN THAT TORTURED MY PARENTS?!"

Ouch. Life is tough. Look at how it's treating this princess.

"Aria! I will not have any more of this insolence. You will marry the Alpha of Thordonn. Don't test me Aria. I will send you back to the den if you don't behave." A brown-haired man spat back at her.

Skinny red was bawling her eyes out but you could not miss the fight in her eyes. "Burn in hell!" She spat at his feet and my eyes widened.

He slapped her, hard. She stumbled but refused to fall, her lip broken and bleeding, but she refused to fall. He walked closer to her and grabbed fistful of her hair and yanked it back so she was looking straight into his eyes.

"Your father, the Alpha, is dead. I received the Alpha powers, not you, so you will obey me. I would have killed you for this insolence, but I'm kind, and you have a duty to your pack. Marry the Alpha and save your people. I promise to make sure I remember you and your parents for your sacrifice. And let a more worthy person be in charge, one that has an actual heir, not a pitiful female, only good for bearing children. Stop fighting. It doesn't benefit. You, now get yourself ready. You'll be leaving tonight." He wiped her cheek and let her go as he walked away.

I could feel the pity and sadness in the pack. No one said a word, but it was obvious they didn't agree.

I felt bad for the red princess crumpled up on the floor, crying. But I can't lose focus. I came here for food and before these people get over the situation; I need to be stocked and out of here.

I waited for the sun to go down. I knew there would be guards now, but it's better in the dark, anyway. As I walked away, a bag full of food and supplies I stole. I couldn't shake the heavy feeling in my chest. What is wrong with me? I mean, I have seen worse and done nothing, so why do I feel like I need to interfere? No Iris, keep walking. Mind your business.

I navigated through the first batch of defense, I must be getting good at this, it should get easier since they are tighter closer to the pack, it boosted my ego for a minute before I realized the guards weren't paying attention to outsiders but one important insider, the princess. I could hear screaming and pounding of feet against the floor. I threw my supplies into a bush and scrambled up a tree just in time. The guards ran by me, calling out her name here and there. Smart girl, running away is always the answer. It was quiet again. Just when I thought the coast was clear, I heard loud panting. I looked down and even in the darkness, her red was clearly visible.

"Psst, hey" I whispered. She instantly looked up.

"Who are you?" She questioned.

"Your only means of surviving at this moment," her brows went up.

"And what makes you think I need your help?" She scoffed.

I bit the inside of my mouth and shook my head. "Well, firstly, I don't know what it is you're doing, but it sure isn't hiding."

"Oh, so I should climb up a tree like you?"

"Yes," I nodded enthusiastically.

"That's foolish." She shook her head.

"Really? Whoever looks up?"

She paused for a sec, scratching her chin. "Good point." She nodded. And climbed up on the tree I was standing in.

"Hey, I didn't say you should climb up in mine," I whisper-yelled at her.

"I don't think it matters. Besides, if anyone owns this tree, it's me."

I rolled my eyes. We stayed for a bit. When it was quiet enough, I was sure they were gone.

"Let's go, they are gone."

"Are you sure? Maybe we should stay longer." She reasoned. But as always, stubborn as I am, I started to descend.

"Hey take it from an expert I know when the coast is clear," I yelled at her from the floor. I was very wrong.

As soon as her feet touched the ground, we were surrounded.

"Good going," she snapped.

"Oops."

"Stop running Aria. Just come back." A guard spoke up.

"Over my dead body," she spat back.

"Ugh... I don't think that's a good idea." I sighed.

"Well, your uncle did say to bring you back no matter what," he smirked.

She rolled her eyes. "Bring it on turd."

He ran towards her and so did the other guards as well. That doesn't seem fair, eight hunky men against one malnourished scrawny girl.

I stepped out of the way. I should mind my business. But one very annoying wolf had other plans as he diverted to attack me. After what took me forever, I was able to knock him out. And the only reason I didn't lose the fight was that as he delivered blows, I healed just as fast. I looked up and saw unconscious wolves scattered on the floor. And the red twig standing in the midst of it all. Wow, that must be the power of an Alpha.

"Impressive."

"Thanks." she breathed, turning back to face me. "I'm Aria."

"Nice to meet you Aria. I'm Iris."

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

235K 6.5K 33
FORGIVENESS is the best form of love... it takes a strong person to say SORRY and an even stronger person to FORGIVE... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
9.1K 360 21
Welcome back! If you haven't read My Sister's Boyfriend, GO BACK (but not before following and adding this to your library) and CATCH UP! Wyd?!? ***...
4M 123K 36
Everly is a werewolf living in a pack where no one wants her. Her mother and father don't treat her the same as her beautiful sister. She has learned...
29.6K 1.4K 67
In Lycan lore, every wolf believes there is a soul that is their equal in every way: a perfect match. Their meeting is predestined, preordained by th...