Delia - Fred Weasley

By -Bellerose-

Delia Adkins was laying low and staying out of people's way when she first moved into one of the rooms of the... More

UPDATE - no spoilers
Cover
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

24.6K 678 411
By -Bellerose-

"Sunshine, do you want a hot chocolate before work?" Fred asked his girlfriend, who was sat on the sofa and wearing a bright yellow sundress, her ginger hair tied up into a messy bun. Her scar was clear, running down the side of her face but Fred barely noticed it. All he noticed was how beautiful she looked as she concentrated on the book in front of her.

"No thanks, I don't really like it anymore," Delia shrugged and Fred's eyebrows furrowed as he left the kitchen, sitting down beside her and she instantly snuggled into his side, staring down at her book.

"But you love hot chocolate? It used to be your favourite drink," Fred pointed out and she frowned.

"I guess I got bored of it," she said. "How long until the shop opens?"

"Half an hour," Fred told her and she smiled contently as he started tracing patterns on her arm. "Some of my friends are coming into the shop today. Remember I told you about it?"

Delia hummed in response her eyes still staring down at the book. It was a muggle book she had bought called Macbeth and Delia thought the muggle interpretation of witches was funny but still slightly insulting.

"What are you reading?" Fred asked her.

"It's a muggle book. It's a script," she told him and he nodded in understanding. "It has a very interesting interpretation of witches. Apparently, witches have beards and we 'look not like th'inhabitants o'th'earth.'"

Delia laughed as she quoted the book and Fred furrowed his eyebrows.

"I don't understand what that means."

"It means that witches look unnatural. They dance around cauldrons and say ridiculous spells that would never mean anything," Delia explained.

"And why do you read that? It sounds boring," Fred asked.

"I think it's funny how inaccurate it is," she told him with a small smile before shutting the book and placing it down on the sofa. She pecked Fred's lips before getting up. "We have a shop to open up."

Delia was happily serving people behind the customers, ignoring her tiredness. She yawned every so often but other than that she managed to smile brightly at the customers, engaging herself in pointless small talk with people she'd probably never see again. Fred and George were busying themselves as they made new posters but Delia didn't mind. She was more than happy to help and serve the customers on her own. The shop was particularly busy, full of young wizards and witches and Delia assumes they were coming to Diagon Alley for school supplies and the mesmerising shop that is Weasley Wizards Wheezes had distracted them. Fred came over, walking behind the counter, his arm wrapping around her waist like it always did and he held up one of the posters.

"What do you think, love?" he asked her and she carefully studied the poster. It was a deep purple with vibrant yellow letters that flashed. She let out a small laugh as she read the words that were written on it.

'Why Are You Worrying About You-Know-Who? You SHOULD Be Worrying About U-NO-Poo - the Constipation Sensation That's GRIPPING the Nation!'

"It's brilliant," she stood on her toes and placed a soft kiss to his cheek before he smiled, walking off and hanging it up in one of the windows. The bell above the door rang once more and a large group of people walked in. Delia recognised three of them. Molly Weasley followed in Ron and Ginny who was with a young girl with bushy hair and a boy with wild raven hair and round glasses. Molly let out a small squeal running over to Delia and pulling her into a tight hug.

"Delia! It's so wonderful to see you again!" she beamed at her son's girlfriend who smiled up at her.

"It's lovely to see you too, Molly," she said. She saw Fred giving his siblings and their friends a tour of the shop, showing them all of the best products from their Skiving Snackboxes and their Reusable Hangman to their incredibly smart Shield clothing. The Shield clothing ranged from hats to cloaks and Delia thought they were absolutely genius. They shielded the wearer from spells and curses and even the Ministry of Magic had bulk ordered the hats for their workers. "Your sons are brilliant."

"I have to admit that they are smart," Molly agreed with Delia who was watching her boyfriend in awe. He was excitedly speaking to his friends and siblings, his infectious energy radiating off him and lifting the already soaring spirits in the shop. "You two seem really happy together."

"Yeah, we are. I love him," Delia told her and she watched Molly tear up and pulling her in for another hug.

"He deserves it. To be happy with someone as amazing as you. I know he can be an idiot sometimes but he's got a heart of gold," Molly said as she wiped away her tears and Delia sighed in comfort. Molly had a motherly and caring presence and it's one she hadn't experienced since her mother died. It made her happy. Fred waltzed over with his friends following behind him.

"Delia, this is Harry Potter and Hermione Granger. My brother's friends," Fred said to the ginger girl stood beside his mother and placed a quick kiss on her cheek. She laughed as she saw Ron grimace beside his friends, Harry Potter and Hermione Granger. "Harry can have whatever he wants free of charge."

Delia nodded as she introduced herself to the younger pair.

"Isn't she wonderful!" Molly gushed to Harry and Hermione as she pulled Delia in for yet another hug.

"Mum, you're gonna suffocate her," Fred said as he gently pulled Delia out of her arms and into his. "I'm going to go and speak to Ginny. You'll be okay?"

"Fred, I'm fully capable of running the till," Delia rolled her eyes at the taller boy who smirked. "Go and talk to your sister. Spread your brotherly wisdom or whatever."

"Love you," Fred yelled as he rushed over to speak to his younger sister and Delia blushed deeply. Molly was rambling on about her son and their relationship as Delia continued to serve the customers.

After the shop closed, Fred and George invited their family up to their flat for drinks, strictly non-alcoholic because Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny were underage and Molly wouldn't allow them to drink. Ginny was sat beside Delia asking her questions excitedly.

"I'm finally going to have a sister," she squealed excitedly and Delia laughed at the redhead.

"You always have Fleur," Ron said with a smile and Ginny pretended to gag.

"Who's Fleur?" Delia asked as she drank her Pumpkin Fizz.

"Bill's fiancée," Fred told his girlfriend as he interlaced his hand with hers. 

"Bill has a fiancée?' Delia asked in surprise and everyone nodded, grim expressions on their face. "You don't seem very happy about it."

"Mum hates her," Fred said and Molly scolded him.

"I've already said I don't hate her!" she hissed. "I just think they're rushing into it. Everyone's rushing into things with all the uncertainty with You-Know-Who. Everyone thinks they could die tomorrow."

"I don't think they're wrong," Delia spoke softly. "If they want to get married they should do it while they still have the chance."

"Mum, you and Dad got married during the first war," Ginny reminded the woman who frowned.

"I've told you, your father and I were made for each other. Bill and Fleur have nothing in common!"

"Muggles always say that opposites attract," Delia interjected and Molly seemed to contemplate what she was saying. "Maybe just give her a chance to prove her love or something."

Fred sent Delia a smile and squeezed her hand, surprised she was able to convince Molly even the smallest bit. She tiredly leaned against Fred and yawned loudly, the mad rush of customers they'd had all day had worn her out more than usual.

"Did Georgie tell you that he went on a date?" Fred asked and George sent him an angry look.  "What was her name... Carolina? I don't know how I forgot, he's only been talking about her nonstop for the past two weeks."

George flushed red and turned to his mum who was smiling brightly.

"She sounds wonderful George!"

"Yeah, she is," George shrugged and Delia had a small smile tugging at her lips. She closed her hazel eyes as the family along with Harry and Hermione discussed things about Hogwarts and the shop and slowly fell asleep on Fred's arm, completely exhausted after being on her feet all day.

"Delia went to Ilvermorny," Fred said in response to Hermione's question.

"Ilvermorny?" Harry asked. He had been raised by muggles after the death of his parents and still wasn't completely educated on the Wizarding World.

"It's a Wizarding school in North America," Fred told him as he glanced down to Delia to see that she was fast asleep and smiled at the adorable view of his girlfriend snoozing on his shoulder with her lips parted and features relaxed.

Molly and the younger members of the family, as well as Harry and Hermione, left shortly after and Fred carried Delia up to his room where she had been sleeping and tucked her under the covers, pulling off her trainers and gently kissing her head before going off to help George with some products they'd been discussing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 552 44
y/n has been loved all her life, she has her father, her brother and even her neighbor's.. but what changed when she went to hogwarts? Well.. that's...
120K 2.2K 35
You met after your best friend Ron invited you to stay at the burrow for the summer. But is it true love or teenage love? Story does contain mature c...
150K 4.2K 39
"i know life well enough to know you can't count on things staying around or standing still, no matter how much you want them to. you can't stop peop...
805K 27.7K 68
"𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚜𝚞𝚙𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐." 𝙸 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚒𝚖, 𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚑𝚒𝚖 𝚝𝚘...