𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐀𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐕𝐚�...

By Moroti_Writes

[𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚍] ........... :Hey Emma Emma: yea .......... :If You were told to define or describe L... More

intro
Prolouge
Meeting the characters
Character Aesthetics
Chapter 1. ♠
Chapter 2. ♠
Chapter 3. ♠
Chapter 4. ♠.
Chapter 5. ♠
Chapter 7. ♠
Chapter 8. ♠
Chapter 9. ♠
Chapter 10. ♠
Chapter 11. ♠️
Chapter 12. ♠️
Chapter 13. ♠️
Chapter 14. ♠️
Chapter 15. ♠️
Chapter 16. ♠️
Chapter 17. ♠️
Chapter 18. ♠️
Chapter 19. ♠️
Chapter 20. ♠️
Chapter 21. ♠️
Chapter 22. ♠️
Chapter 23. ♠️
Chapter 24. ♠️
Chapter 25. ♠
Chapter 26. ♠
Chapter 27. ♠
Chapter 28. ♠
Chapter 29. ♠
Chapter 30. ♠
Chapter 31. ♠
Chapter 32. ♠
Chapter 33. ♠
Chapter 34. ♠
Chapter 35. ♠
Epilogue. ♠
QUESTION AND ANSWERS, VOTE OF THANKS. ♠

Chapter 6. ♠

336 94 113
By Moroti_Writes

Emmanuella chilling in the media

Emmanuella POV

"I can't believe its been 5weeks we since resumed, it feels like it was only yesterday we started this session"

I adjust my recommended glasses I used whenever I was home. It was Saturday morning and surprisingly I woke up early enough to do all the house chores, prepare breakfast and still have enough time for my once in a blue moon work out. With some part of my hair packed loosely at the center of my head and the rest flowing from each side, dressed in hot pants, black camisole and a silver necklace, I sat at the balcony of our house, reading a science textbook, as I prepared for the upcoming tournament. I took a much needed break, when a conference call from Mercy came.

Mercy : yeah, I see now why they say time flies.

Lydia: it truly does. Hey you said you were going to gist us about how terrible your sister's cooking was, last Saturday.

Me: yes, I totally forgot I've been so hooked on being totally grounded for this year's science tournament.

Mercy: yeah, we noticed

Me: okay, here's what actually happen.

...

It was a beautiful Saturday morning and Addie, Zoey and I went to our parents room to greet them, since we kinda figured they'd probably still be in bed.

So after we greeted them like the proper yoruba girls they raised us to be, she asked what we wanted to eat and for some reason, Zoey didn't have any appropriate Nigerian dish to say. Her best options for breakfast were, spaghetti and meat balls, or macaroni and chess.

Of course mom didn't want that but the fact that she mentioned it, mom made sure she prepared it, and girrrrlllll it was horrible and hilarious.

Being the yoruba mother that she is, she rained insults on Zoey she was like "you can't speak yoruba", "you can't cook, what can you do?" And then she said "I will not let your husband's mother and the people of this county insult me for your incompetence. You will finish that thing you cooked while we will have a healthy Nigeria breakfast. Understood?"

....

Lydia: wow that was... harsh

Mercy: I know right, I really hope she doesn't break Zoey.

Me: me too

Lydia : you should talk to her and see if she's okay.

Me: I've tried she doesn't wanna talk.

Mercy: Then you ought to talk about it. I'd hate to see Zoey break because of your mom's screaming insults at her.

Me : okay okay, you're right, I'll try it again.

Seconds later i heard Zoey's voice as she called me from inside

"Emmanuellaaaa!! where are you oo."

Me: well that's my cue, Zoey's calling, I gotta go guys, see you in school.

Lydia &mercy : okay see you then.

With that, the line went dead and I put the phone in my back pocket, carried my water and books, and went in. Zoey yell my name again.

"Emmmma, where ar--- there you are, I've been looking all over for you. "

"Why tho', I didn't get lost"

"Ha ha, very funny. C'mon you need to get dressed "

"Okay, but why? "

"Ask questions later, go get dressed, that's an order. "

"Sir! yes sir!! Commander"

Zoey giggled, following my response, before we went to our adjacent rooms. Before she entered her room, I stopped her saying.

"Hey you know, while you're still working on your acting, cooking isn't such a bad idea "

"Why? I love acting, you of all people know that. "

"Yea I know, but I thought you should work more on what you aren't good at, than what you are exceptional at"

She paused for a minute, having realized what I was tried to say.

"Are you trying to advise me because mom insulted my entire existence, due to my horrible cooking skills "

"Umm, maybe "

"Emma, you need not worry okay. I. Got. This. "

"I hope so... "

I whispered, but it was loud enough for her to hear. She stood by her door, 6 inches away.

"Don't worry about it okay? C'mon go inside and get dressed, we are going to the movies"

She responded to my whisper cheerfully before she went to her room to wear something more appropriate. I stood, pondering Zoey's comment. Should I help her? Should I not help her?, she seems pretty fine though, but I know Zoey like the back of my palm, she might be hurt but wouldn't give in to it, let alone, let it show. I was still in this process of thought, when mom sliced through it saying,

"Ibo ni awon omo yi wa? emi a fi yin le o"
Translation: Where are these children? I'll leave you people oo

I panicked and quickly dashed into my room but not before yelling back

"A n bo ma a ko fe saare wo aso"

Translation: We're coming, we just want to get dressed quickly

"killode? lati aro eyin omode yin fe sun sibe e yara ke pada mi ni inu moto"
T

ranslation: Why? since morning you children want to sleep there, hurry and meet me in the car"

"E ma binu ma a n bo "
Translation: Don't worry. Don't be upset if we're coming

I hollowed back from my walk-in closet, quickly I removed my hot pants and wore my boyfriend's jeans, changed my top for an off-shoulder flower top, leaving my hair the way it was. I removed my glass, since I wouldn't need it, after all, we we were going to the movies, quickly I wore my fancy gladiators and put on some make up. I grabbed my phone and purse, only to meet Addie and Zoey on the way out as well, so I followed their lead to the car.

7:30pm

We just finished all the classics, not-so-cliche animated movies we could find. From Moana, to Coco, to Small foot, to Big foot, to Spies in Disguise and we rounded it up with Descendant 1, 2, 3.

We currently were at Genesis cinema in Maryland mall, eating beefed rice with different drinks of our choice.

"So mom, which was your favorite."

" kilode ti o fi le beere ibeere e ni yoruba abi to ri pe a o si ni ile o ti gbagbe bi won se so ede e"
Translation: Why can't you ask the question in Yoruba or is it because we are not at home now you have forgotten how to speak your language.

"rara maami ko kin se be,oya kini e yi to feran ju"
Translation: No ma its not like that, okay, what is your favorite? "

"e mi o mo eyi ti mo le fe,gbogbo wan ri bakan lojumi"
Translation: I don't have any idea which one to like, they are all look 'someway' in my eyes

My sisters and I decided to take turns explaining the animation to her in Yoruba, the best way we could, before she could conclude it was Coco she liked. Seeing as it was already getting dark, we decided to call it a night, because we had church service to attend the next day and a hungry father waiting for us at home. So mom decided we left the small cafeteria outside the cinema and head over to dads's favorite canteen. We decided to buy him his favorite food gbegiri and ewedu, with hot amala, as compensation for keeping him home alone and hungry.

We were on our way out of the local canteen,but before I could stop, someone bumped Into me, spilling the entire content of his drink on me, ruining my outfit completely. I was furious, to say the least, glaring at the damage this person had done. Not until the person apologized, did I recognize the voice, as the one person I hated and loved.

... Kelvin ...

Realizing this, I looked up from my clothes to meet his gaze, only to notice his elder brother wasn't far behind. I was about to pounce on him for ruining my outfit, but Zoey came out of nowhere and dragged me out of there, before I even got the chance to do something that would make a fool out of my self and embarrass us both.

______________________________________

Dawn! Dawn!! Dawn!!!!

Bet y'all didn't see that coming huh yea I'm sure you didn't.

Lets all hope Emmanuella doesn't hate Kevin forever

Any way this is a brand new chapter I hope you'd like it😬😬😬

Pls pls and pls let's endeavour to

🗳 vote 🗳

💬Comment 💬

💫 Share 💫

Thank you 🤗🤗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

758 15 28
Part 1 of the Always trilogy. Emma's and Noah's lives couldn't be more different. She is the CEO of a beauty company; he has three jobs, two brothers...
183 4 6
I write, what I see around me I pen, what is experienced by me I express, what is felt by me. Presenting a cut of my experience and sights from toda...
8.1K 1.1K 35
***FEATURED NA ROMANCE*** What happens if your fiction comes true? Eva considers herself realistic person rather than romantic. Her best friend insi...
415 70 22
.'*'.'*'.'*'.'*'.'*'.'*'.'*'.'*'.'*'.'*'.'*'.'*'. What's supposed to happen during the last year of highschool?!. Rihanna Akorede Bolade had imagine...