The Mystery Boy (a harry pott...

By halfbloodfangirl

Riley is a normal girl. As her Muggle family is being Murdered by Lord Voldemort a strange boy comes into her... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Epilogue

Chapter 2

181 5 4
By halfbloodfangirl

James

Dumbledore instructed the house elves to move all the other boys in our dorm into another room and to put up a new bed next to mine that belongs to Riley. There is a sheer cloth between the beds to give her some privacy.

After I grabbed her from her room Dumbledore got her stuff so she has a hand knitted blanket on her bed. She has been asleep for two days but we set food out for her incase. She clutches the blanket as if it is a life source.

Us four are standing on the other side of the clothe whispering, "She has been asleep for days" Sirius whined, "I wanna do something other than watching her sleep!" "You could go to a few classes you know," Remus pointed out. I say "Dumbledore said we have to watch her or else-" Sirius glares at me, "We all know what could happen. We just need to keep her safe."

Riley

The man raises his weapon and kills my family, their screams echoing in my ears. He hands the weapon to me saying, "Now you try."

Mom pushes me on the swings. I swing higher and higher until I stay still in mid air. I look back at my mom, still laughing, and all of the blood has drained from her face. It fulls with disgust. Mother's and children scream. My swing fills with motion again so I am not expecting it so I fall onto the mulch. I look up and I am alone, with the screams of my family ringing in my ears.

I wake up in a cold sweat. I have never been here before. It is a circular dark room with beds occupied by strangers. I shakily sit on my bed and tears stream down my face. Letting the emotions rule me.

How did my belongings get here? And why didn't that old man mention my parents. I am not magical. Magic isn't real. My parents taught me to hate fantasy. To know all magic was fake. To know that if there were witches they would be deadly.

Why did they put me in a room with boys? The smell of axe fills the room. I can't stop shaking. I want to change out of these dirty clothes but I don't know where the bathroom is. That boy is the reason. My family is dead. And I will make him feel my suffering.

James

I wake up late and groggily look over at the bed next to mine. The girl is sitting there awake. Her cheeks have gone a little pink but other than that she looks pale. She seems like she doesn't eat, maybe she doesn't.

I don't know how to approach her. She might lash out again. Carefully I get out of bed and start getting my bag ready for the day. When I look back at her she hasn't moved an inch. Looking at the same spot on the wall. Tears spill out of her eyes. I don't even think she notices. She hisses at me barely moving her lips, "Take a picture it will last longer."

She refuses to eat or do anything to do with me. I am practaclly forced to tell Mcgonagall. She tells me it is my job and if the ministry finds out there will be priblems... so I sit O. My bed and talk to her. Rather at her.

"OK here is the deal. I didn't kill you parents. I actually would've saved them if I had been warned earlier. My job is to make sure the ministry doesn't take you. And that is Exactly what I am going to do. Now we are going downstairs and you are eating. Then we will go outside. Because I said so now let's get moving."

She turns her head at me at looks in my eyes. I am always suprised by how black her eyes and hair is compared to her skin. She mumbles, "Where is the bathroom." I direct her and fifteen minutes later we are walking down stairs.

Riley

James has walked me to all of my classes.

He has tried to start conversations. He tries to start conversations when my parents d-died two days ago.

We are outside and I am behind all four guys. The guys sit down against a gigantic tree that seems as sad as I am. They keep talking but I just lay on the hard group d looking in the clouds. The guys keep talking but I know they aren't my friends. They are forced friends. When a redhead walks up to them and distracts them I decide to explore.

I walk into the giant forest next to the school. I keep walking. When I was in the forest next to my house I would always run barefoot. Wanting to relive the memory I slip my shoes off and start running. I run until I can't see where the forest ends. It is so full filling and fun I start yelling and laughing.

I stop and hold onto a tree for support and the laughs turn to sobs.

The tree I am leaning on is humungus. So I start climbing it. A force envelopes my limbs. It helps me stick to the tree. I keep climbing until I reach the top branches. The castle looks beautiful from here. I take a mental snapshot of the moment and close my eyes.

The birds are singing the waves of the lake are crashing. I imagine running across the tops of the trees. I open my eyes. Maybe I can. I stand on the branch and start running to the end to make that faithful jump.

Remus

We all look for Riley. That girl runs off too much. I see a figure at the top of the trees mid-jump to the top of another tree. Riley

I scream.

They all gather around me and I just point at the trees. We can't see her anymore and the others say I was just imagining it. But before they leave my side we see her running across the tops of the trees screaming with joy.

Wow.

She is running a foot above the trees in mid air. And she doesn't mind a thing. James calls over some brooms and we fly up to meet her.

Once we are up there we see she is dancing barefoot and screaming to the heavens. We call her name and she screams. With fear. Like we are monsters. The magical thing she was standing on disappears and she falls into the trees.

Sirius, the fastest reacted of us, flies down and tries to catch her. Lily casts a spell so she doesn't hit the ground. Riley is not laying on the ground crumpled with pain. Not phisical though. Mental.

James goes towards her to help her up but she sprawls back at his touch. She looks at him with hot hatred and cold with fear. She says shakily, "How did you do that?" James says carefully, "magic." She stares at him, "wizards are monsters." Sirius looks at her annoyed, "then you are too!"

She looks ag him, her eyes are solemn, "I know"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

936K 16K 41
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
190M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
583K 29.9K 23
โ†ณ โ [ ILLUSION ] โž โ” yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader โ” yandere helluva boss x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, a powerful d...
205K 5.1K 33
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc