Purveyors of Aids to Magical...

By emwritesma

But Sirius still had a problem. He always wanted to touch Remus. Just any sort of physical contact. When Remu... More

The Hogwarts Express
Owl Mail
Full Moon
Kings Cross Station
The Erumpent in the Room
First Day
September 3
September 4
September 5-17
September 18th & 19th
September 20th
September 20th Bonus!
September 21-October 14
October 15
October 17
October 18
Marauder's Meeting
dominance
Winter Break
Canines After Dark
boys in the daylight
dynamics
Epilogue
What do you do after you've saved the world?
James or Homework?
Happy Birthday
The worst day of Sirius' life.
What if...? #1
What if...? #2
What if...? #3
What if...? #4
What if...? #5
What if...? #6

Are the rumors true? (Bertram is an asshole)

4.1K 135 69
By emwritesma

There was only about a month until students would be released for summer vacation- the boys' last before their seventh year. It was this time last year Bertram outed Remus.

The four boys- who now officially called themselves the Marauders- knew that something was wrong when people stopped whispering when any one of them entered the room.

There was no dancing around the problem. The four of them shared so many secrets and a threat to one of those was a threat to all four of them.

"What do we know?" Peter was standing before the three other boys occupying a couch in the Room of Requirement. There was a chalk board that was ready to capture all of their brainstorming as soon as they spoke.

"Seems to be multi-house," Sirius offered, "everyone goes completely mum when we are anywhere near them."

James nodded and watched thoughtfully as Sirius' words were scrawled across the board in his own handwriting. 

"Regulus just took the mark, allegedly," Sirius offered again. 

"Could be something about that," Remus agreed as he laced his fingers with Sirius'. "Or something about us."

'Gay romantic escapade' was written on the board in Remus' handwriting; everyone got a good chuckle out of it.

"We need someone to spill," Peter decided, "it makes me nervous how long it's been going on without someone slipping."

"I've pissed off everyone I've asked in the past."

"Oh all the girls you've slept with?" Remus mused.

'Pissed off whores,' the board offered.

Sirius stiffened beside him. "Yeah, Remus all the girls I slept with because you were avoiding me to spend time with your precious Bertram when I was in love with you."

"Yeah, I'm aware of the circumstances," Remus said, his tone cut through Sirius, "it was still not okay. You used those girls and put yourself in fights because you liked the pain. And guess what, you didn't want to talk about it before, now is your chance. We're not leaving here until we've exhausted each option."

"I'm not talking about it." Sirius huffed.

"The hell you aren't."

James stepped in, "enough!"

Remus and Sirius turned to glare at him, "stay out of it, James," Remus growled.

"Ooohh, it's one of those arguments," James commented while he and Peter shared a look.

Peter immediately knew what James was saying. Sirius and Remus sometimes did this type of arguing. It was unproductive, noisy, and could escalate quickly. But, um, chances were neither Remus or Sirius would be sleeping in a room they shared with anyone but each other tonight.

"We don't need to talk about it," Sirius insisted.

Remus glared at him, "you were awful to them. They deserve apologies."

"I told them before-"

"I realize that Hogwarts is a bit notorious for touch and go relationships and hooking up a million times before graduation, but that does not excuse your behavior."

"Yeah, Remus I know that it was wrong, whatever."

"Not whatever."

"I told you I would write letters to them."

"And you haven't."

"Yet."

The tone in Sirius' voice told Remus the conversation was over. Their relationship didn't change much after the dominance ritual, but there was an undeniable tone each of them had that struck the other to the core. When his mind was set on something, Sirius' was more effective than Remus'.

"Maybe we're being paranoid." Remus offered. "I really don't think everyone could keep a secret that long." He glanced back at the board, 'asshole ex-boyfriend' had joined the other possibilities. "James?" Remus suddenly had an idea, "a long time ago, you told me there were rumors about Bertram, what were they?"

James hesitated, "I-I don't know."

"Yes you do," Remus coaxed.

James met his level stare before his gaze flicked to Sirius. "Did you ugh ever.. were you and Bertram intimate?"

Remus blushed hard. "Yeah?"

"Did you um- did you take pictures?"

Remus stood abruptly, "no."

"Did Bertram?" Sirius asked defensively.

Remus shook his head, "no, I- at least not with my permission."

"James, what the hell is this about?" Sirius demanded.

"Some- some guys on the Ravenclaw quidditch team told me Bertram had some intimate pictures of a guy he'd been with. I don't know."

Sirius stood now while Remus sat back down, paled and trembling. "And you didn't think to mention it?"

"I thought they were just messing with me, getting in my head before the game."

Sirius threw a heavy fist at the chalkboard- it tipped backwards and back forwards again; he kicked the stand. "Fuck!"

"We don't know it's true," Peter offered.

"His back up plan." Remus said solemnly from the couch, "I'm gonna be sick." He stood and exited the Room of Requirement in five long strides.

Sirius followed him out and into the bathroom. 

"Sirius, if he really has them- oh god, if he already showed them around."

"Re-" Sirius placed a gentle hand on Remus' back.

"Don't touch me!" Remus snapped, he spun around with a wild look in his eyes. "Please don't."

"Remus, what's going on in your head right now?"

"Everyone saw-everyone knows what-wh-" Remus began frantically scratching at his arms, "my body is littered with these atrocious scars, Sirius. Everyone saw them."

This was not the time to tell Remus how to feel about his body. Sirius knew that Remus knew that he thought every scar was beautiful. "Hey, hey love. You're thinking up the worst-case scenario right now. We don't know that Bertram shared the pictures; we don't even know that he has pictures."

"Not just pictures-" the realization struck Remus- "magical pictures; moving pictures."

Sirius felt his blood begin to boil. The next time he saw Bertram would be the last time Bertram saw anyone

"We'll talk to Minnie, Re; it's all going to be okay."

/\

After a briefly awkward conversation with Professor McGonagall, the boys were sent back to Gryffindor Tower. The four of them made their way right upstairs to avoid the suddenly quiet common room.

They noticed their door was open, so they cautiously entered.

Waiting for them was a very scared looking first year, Mike.

"Remus!" He squeaked, "I need to talk to you."

"About?"

"You."

"Go on," Remus coaxed him.

Mike glanced nervously at Remus' friends.

"It's alright Mike, they know."

"Bertram knows!" Mike blurted.

"You told him!?" Sirius snarled and stepped towards the now terrified boy.

"N-no, he told me. He figured it out and says he has pictures and everything."

"He hasn't showed anyone though?"

"I don't know, Remus."

James interrupted, "we had a suspicion and told McGonagall. She's probably out confiscating the pictures now, it's alright."

"No it's not!" Mike yelled, "anyone who snitches get their legs turned to jelly or leaks will come out their ears."

Remus crouched down in front of the terrified boy, "thank you for telling me, Mike. I realize that it was hard. Now tell me who it threatening you."

"A group of Slytherins and Bertram and his two Hufflepuff friends."

Remus nodded and shared a quick look with his friends.

/\

Since they devised their plan, all Remus could think about was the abomination he truly was- a monster and a freak.

The four boys stood around the corner from Mike, who had volunteered to be live bait. It just so turns out that Bertram and his cronies were dumb enough to take it.

They were circling around the poor boy when Remus and his friends jumped around the corner. The five boys helping Bertram were quickly stuptefied, but Remus had other plans for his asshole ex-boyfriend. He backed Bertram to the wall with his wand pressed to his throat.

Remus focused on everything that he was. Every part of him that put him in the category of beast or creature and as he spoke a tender "obliviate," he felt it in his core. He turned around to see Sirius staggering backwards while being held up by one arm thanks to James.

"It worked," Sirius grinned at Remus, "I could feel your successful magic."

Remus smiled to and he was just about to run over and embrace Sirius, Professor McGonagall rounded the corner. "Oh my," she said-though she didn't sound surprised, "a shame to leave such a mess, you five, come with me."

Mike looked hesitantly at the four older boys. 

"I guess you're officially a Marauder in training now," Sirius told him as they walked towards McGonagall's office. "Welcome dude."

The five boys took a seat in across from their head of house. 

"Mr. Lupin," she began, "let's keep this short and sweet and easy."

Remus nodded.

"I have recovered the photographs and will return them to you if you'd like."

"Can you dispose of them?" Remus asked.

"Of course, misters Black, Pettigrew and Potter," she said in a more stern tone, "I trust that every spell you cast tonight was run of the mill and there will be no surprises for those boys when they come to."

"Yes, ma'am," Sirius offered. James and Peter Nodded.

"Mr. Wallace," she smiled softly at the young boy, "do not let these four corrupt you too much, okay?" 

Mike smiled eagerly, "I'm not in trouble?"

"I fear you will be soon enough if these four are your new friends."

"What about the boys who were-"

"Anyone who was maliciously spreading false information about Mr. Lupin or threatening to harm students who would do the right thing and come forward with the accusations being made will receive disciplinary action. Are there any other questions?"

Sirius and James violently shook their head, no.

"Back to the tower, the five of you."

As soon as they stepped out of the office, James and Sirius were high-fiving. "Dude!" James exclaimed, "that's the first time we've left there without a detention after fighting with anyone!"

"Dude you say dude way too much."

James laughed and slung his arm around Sirius' shoulders.

Remus smiled and followed his friends back to the common room even though he knew he'd be whisking Sirius away to the Room of Requirement as soon as the opportunity presented itself.

lmao is this an okay way to fix a plot hole that keeps me up at night?

cuz its what I'm doing

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 5.5K 15
» "What're you thinking?" Remus asks quietly. "About werewolves," I reply. "And you. And how it isn't fair that you had to be one when there are so m...
86.2K 2.1K 65
It's impossible for Remus Lupin to fall in love right? Wrong. So what happens when he falls in love with a beautiful girl exactly like him? They even...
53.9K 1.3K 64
For as long as Remus can remember he's had a hard life. Constant monthly mutilations of his skin, a absent father, and the trepidation of his blush i...
3.8K 128 30
Remus Lupin- a confused teenage boy at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Remus has secrets, two big secrets. One of which the rest of his f...