Empress Wang Shu

By stepdad_glen

Wang Shu was a young boy who witnessed the traumatic death of his mother at the hands of a imperial guard, an... More

Chapter 1 The Trek
Chapter 2 The Change
Chapter 3 The Secret
Chapter 4 The Palace
Chapter 5 The Promotion
Chapter 6 The Talk
Chapter 7 The Consort
Chapter 8 The Potion
Chapter 9 The Emotions
Chapter 10 The Tea
Chapter 11 The Crime
Chapter 12 The Shed
Chapter 13 The Ride
Chapter 14 The Arrival
Chapter 15 The Audition
Chapter 16 The Guards
Chapter 17 The Trial
Chapter 18 The Empress
Chapter 19 The Records
Chapter 20 The Father
Chapter 21 The Trip

Chapter 22 The Last (Ending)

6K 149 39
By stepdad_glen

-Wang Shu POV-

The emperor and I got up bright and early. All of our bags were in the carriage. In fact we had so many things to bring we needed a whole separate carriage to carry all of it.

When we went to the kids room they were already awake, "Did you two even go to sleep?" I asked.

Lalisa smiled, "Maybe, maybe not."

I shook my head and grabbed Chaiya, "Lets just go."

Min was awake to and he was outside the carriages, "I can't wait to get back home. I sent a letter to my wife that she should expect us to be there soon."

Lalisa ran into the carriage while I set Chaiya inside, "I just can't wait to leave this palace. It's going to be a relief to get out."

The emperor was just about to get in the carriage too, when a court lady ran up to us, "Your majesty, please wait. I have something to say."

He looked confused, "What is it?"

"It's Zhao Ren, shes gone missing. No one can find her anywhere."

The emperor chuckled, "Good, maybe she left to never come back."

"Your majesty, are you not worried?"

He shook his head, "No, but if you find her. Double up her duties. I can't have people leaving unannounced like this."

She nodded, "Yes, your majesty."

When she left I looked to the emperor, "You don't think shes up to something, do you?"

"I'm sure she's not, she loves herself too much to do something too drastic."

"Well, if you say so."

When we all got in the carriage we slowly started to move and the kids got excited, "I can't wait!"

-Zhao Ren POV-

I rode about two miles away from the palace into the woods. I sat on my horse and waited with the bow ready.

I almost started to laugh, they'll never live to see another day. Not a single one of them.

-Wang Shu POV-

As the carriage swayed we all started to dose off, but my eyes jolted open when I heard a loud 'thud'.

I tapped on the emperors shoulder, "What was that?"

He shrugged, "I don't know-"

But right as he said that the carriage stopped in its tracks making everyone gasp. 

"Daddy, whats happening?" Lalisa asked.

MInjun shook his head, "I don't know. But I'll go see."

When he stepped out he gasped, "The driver, and the horses have all been killed!"

"What do we do!" I said as I held onto my children.

The emperor looked around, "I don't have any weapons, do you?"

Minjun shook his head.

I looked back and forth between the two men. Whats going to happen?

I sighed and stepped out of the carriage with my children behind me.

The emperor shook his head, "Please get back in."

"Theres no point." I said.

Just then a dark shadow had descended upon us. I looked up and seen someone on horseback with a cloak over their face.

The emperor stood his ground, "Uncover your face, and explain yourself!"

The person took the cloak off and threw it to the ground. Everyone gasped when they seen who it was.

Zhao Ren smiled, "Miss me?"

"How dare you come to us like this?!" The emperor shouted.

She gasped, "But I am your empress."

"Empress? Ha! You are a traitor! I order you to leave, now!"

"You think you can banish me! But the anger that you have bred into me will banish all of you! I won't rest until every single one of you are dead!"

I gasped and turned to my kids, "Run. And don't look back."

They both nodded and went running.

But before they got very far Zhao Ren chuckled and shot an arrow at them hitting Chaiya.

"Chaiya, no!" I screamed.

When he didn't move Lalisa went to help him but I yelled at her, "NO! Don't Stop!"

She nodded and ran into the woods completely out of sight.

Zhao Ren gritted her in anger when Lalisa escaped. And consumed by her own rage she raised her bow and shot at Minjun causing him to fall dead to the ground.

From that moment on the spark of unhappiness inside Zhao Ren was fanned into a flame that would destroy our lives forever.

She then aimed at me and fired. The arrow landed in my right shoulder and I fell to the ground. The emperor went to help me but he was soon shot down.

I tried to force myself up, but I couldn't move and it was too late anyway. He was gone.

When Zhao Ren thought we were all dead she started to laugh. "Finally! Finally! Its over!"

She urged her horse forward and headed in the direction of the palace.

When she was out of sight I lifted my hand up and reached for the emperor. He didn't move or respond and I sighed.

Soon I was able to force myself up and I made my way to Chaiya. "Chaiya? Please get up."

There was no movement so I went to Minjun, "Minjun, wake up." There was also no movement from him either so I went back to the emperor and fell to my knees.

"I love you, I will never stop loving you."

-Zhao Ren POV-

When I made my way back to the palace I seen some of the governors standing outside. When they seen me they scowled in disgust. But when they seen me with the sword and bow their eyes went wide.

One of them stepped forward, "What are you doing Zhao Ren?"

I grabbed the bow and sword and threw it to the ground. "I'm turning myself in."

"For what?" They asked.

I jumped off the horse and raised my hands up, "I just killed the king of Korea, the empress, the emperor, and their children."

They all gasped, "No! Guards arrest her now! Someone find their bodies!"

One of the men got in my face, "I want her locked away. With no food. No water."

Honestly when he said that I didn't mind. In fact I welcomed death.

They grabbed me and I was dragged into the jail that I used to be in. They opened the cell and shoved me in. I fell to my knees and I smiled up to the guard.

He looked at me confused, "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"I just want to thank you for giving me the opportunity to leave this this miserable world."

He shook his head, "You did this to yourself. You have only yourself to thank."

I shrugged, "I suppose it doesn't matter now. In a few days I shall be delivered into the next life."

"Yes, and I'm sure you're going to be just as evil."

I nodded to him, "I will. I can already see it."

-Lalisa POV-

I don't know how long I've running but I wasn't going to stop until I found someone.

I was still in the woods so I didn't know where I was going. But finally I seen a road far in the distance and I smiled.

"Finally!"

I ran even harder, but I slipped and rolled down the hill. Before I got to the bottom everything slowly started to turn dark and eventually I was asleep.

-??? POV-

My husband and I were just coming back from town, we bought some meat and new blankets.

Everything was going normal like usual, but something was different. I seen something brightly colored on the side of the road.

"Dear, what is that?"

My husband squinted his eyes, "Thats... a girl. Its a little a girl."

"Then stop."

When he stopped the wagon, I jumped off and ran to her. "Shes a little banged up, but I think shes okay."

"Then lets bring her along. Maybe we can help her."

-Wang Shu POV-

So many lives were destroyed that morning. Everything I had ever loved was now gone forever. And my Lalisa, my beloved daughter. I never saw her again. 

As I sat under a tree I thought back to when the emperor told me he would love me in this life, and in the next.

But if our love would be the cause of this, should I really love him in the next life? 

I looked up to the sky, "Please never let me forget this life. I never want to be the cause of this kind of pain again."

Story Fact: The characters Kang Xi (the emperor), Zhao Ren (former empress), Kang Zhang (the emperors mother), and Go Komyo (emperor of japan and Wang Shu's father) Were all based off real people. All other characters are fictional.

(Also I apologise for the sad ending, but there will be sequels to make up for it.)

The next sequel will be called "Authoress Wang Shu" The first chapter should be up shortly after I upload this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 3.6K 64
Wang Linxue transmigrated into a novel and becomes the villanous second female lead of a wealthy family. In the original she schemes over the female...
38.7K 3.1K 25
"Excuse me, do I know you? " A love life to be written in books, that was literally how our love life was. But life isn't always the same right? Eve...
161K 6.4K 31
Prince Peng Qi Lang was very popular among the people of Lang; they tagged him "the mushroom prince" Why? He was an ardent playboy and a drunkard, a...
350K 19.6K 37
"Lu ShiZun... I like you." "I like you too XiaoYin." "... My kind of like is where we'd tumble in bed all day all night kind of like ShiZun..." *fero...