Philophobia | Adam Banks (2)

By RachaelBanks99

Philophobia: The fear of love or becoming emotionally connected with another person. Two years have passed an... More

Authors note
Wanna play some Hockey?
The new members of the flock
First practice.
She's with us
I'm sure she doesn't mind seeing you.
Roommates?
Save your apology
Mi Amore
You guys left without me!
Almost time
He Harassed you!
You okay cutie?
Ice cream
What did you just say?
My picture
Put. Me. On
You're Pathetic.
I'm sorry.
He wouldn't hurt a fly.
You promised me..
Confessions
I can't do this with you anymore
Me too, Always
Thanks for not killing me
I'm trying
Oh my god
The letters
You did love her
Game Day
Shock
Ducks fly together!
The final buzzer
Where are you going?
Not in a million years
You'd really do that?
Book 3

The Big Game

1.6K 29 156
By RachaelBanks99

a.n Hey so the Iceland game is going to be a few chapters sorry not sorry haha

The teams skated out to their respective benches, Lexi looked up into the crowd scanning for her best friend. She made eye contact with the boy and sent him a big grin, Alex just responded with an even bigger grin and a small wave. Lexi noticed he had left a spare seat beside him, she smiled as she realised it was there for Ellie. 

The team stood around each other in their huddle "heads up, stand tall, fly straight! USA" Gordon yelled out before the team responded "All the way"

Lexi staked out on the ice and stood next to Averman, the other side of him stood Guy. The puck was dropped and immediately Averman hit the ice, Lexi quickly helped him up and began skating away.

Lexi had the puck and quickly slid it to Guy, she watched as the boy raced along the board only to be shoved down and smacked into the boards. The girl shook her head in anger watching as her friend slowly got up. 

The play continued and Golberg was tripped infront of the net allowing Iceland to score.  The girl          watched as her enemy skated up infront of her goalie "too slow big boy" he teased, the girl just skated past him "shut the fuck up idiot" she said as she went to the bench for her line change .

The girl sat herself down next to connie and her boyfriend, watching as Guy and Ken both took the ice along with Russ, Portman and Jesse. Russ attempted to get his shot off and equal the score but was quickly pushed into the boards by Stahl and Sanderson.

Lexi grinned as the boy wound up for a knuckle puck but quickly frowned as she watched an Iceland player slid in and stole the puck, skating along before anyone in her team could stop him and passing to Sanderson who was in the slot and sailed the puck into the net.

Lexi had been on the bench a while and her team was getting thrown around like rag dolls,  Adam hadn't gone on yet and lexi was glad, she worried he would get hurt. Her relief didnt last Long as Bombay told him he was on and to be careful, the boy slid on his helmet and quickly shot a look to his girlfriend. 

"You got this gorgeous" she smiled reassuringly as the boy blew her a kiss and hopped over the boards. 

The girl grinned as her boyfriend began skating along, trying his hardest to protect the puck, her smile dropped as the boy spun in a circle and Sanderson smashed his stick into the boys wrist.

The girl heard her boyfriend yell in pain and she sprung to her seat  "I WILL FUCK YOU UP SANDERSON" she yelled as she attempted to jump the boards, Charlie quickly grabbed her waist and sat there back down holding her in place as they watched Sanderson go to the box.

Adam Banks skated to the bench and sat down, his girlfriend rushing over to him and pulling off his helmet as coach asked him if he was okay.

"Im fine it just hit the pad, really" Adam said as he looked at his coach. Bombay seemed to accept the answer as he walked back to the other side of the bench. 

"Are you sure, you're okay?" The girl asked unsurely as she held her boyfriends wrist in her hand and softly brushed her fingers over it, attempting to sooth it. 

"I promise cutie" the boy said, Lexi looked up and into his eyes, she could tell this time he was telling the truth, she knew he wouldn't lie again.

"Okay, well ill be back, I have a job to do" she said softly as she gave him a quick peck on the cheek before standing up, she walked over to coach while putting her helmet on.

"Time to go beat a bitch again" she mumbled as she approached Bombay.

"Coach, im ready to go on" she informed him as he looked down at her "Lex, your line change isn't next".

The girl gave him a look and Bombay instantly corrected himself, calling Jesse off and Lexi jumped over the bench onto the ice, ready to once again fuck peoples shit up.

The second Lexis skates hit the ice she was knocked down, the girl rolled her eyes,  really not in the mood for Sandersons bullshit, the girl was at times as protective of Adam as he was of her so to say she was fired up when she saw him get hit was an understatement.

Lexi skated around, avoiding hits and waiting for an opportunity, she saw Sanderson skating alongside the boards and grinned to herself, it was time to fuck him up.

The girl quickly skated towards him, noticing  the rest of her teammates not willing to take on the big boy, she threw all her weight at the boy and slammed him into the boards, it hurt her she wasn't going to lie but the girl felt pride as he hit the ground and Guy snatched the puck. 

"Is that all you got, cutie, I hurt your little boyfriend, you're nothing" Sanderson coughed out as he was getting up. Lexi felt overwhelming anger as she skated back a few steps then shoved herself at the boy again sending him face first into the boards. 

"Hows the feel you asshole?" she mocked as the referees noticed her illegal check and stopped the game.

The crowd went silent as the whistle blew and he skated over to the girl "12 red and blue boarding, 2 minutes, let's go young lady".

Lexi's teams jaws dropped, as the started at the girl who was happily skating towards the box. 

"You go little bash sister" she heard Portman and Fulton yell.

 In her 10 years of playing she had never been sent to the box, she'd never even gotten a warning. 

 The girl just laughed to herself as she skated to the box and sat herself down, content with her actions, she threw off her helmet and waved at Sanderson, sticking up her middle finger sarcastically as he went past.

"Yes Lexi!" she heard a voice say, she turned her head and saw a grinning Alex Larson, "that was the most badass thing you've ever done, McGill would be proud" he joked.

The girl just giggled "I like to call that, embracing my inner Ellie and not taking anyones shit". she informed him. 

The boy just laughed as he smiled at the girl "I'm proud of you, you know, and I know Ellie is too" he informed her. "Hey the two minutes is almost up little Miss Badass".

Lexi looked at the clock and got ready to stand, she quickly turned her attention to the boy "wish me luck, love you" she grinned was she jumped onto the ice. 

"Goodluck Lexi" he yelled back as he laughed to himself and headed back to his seat. 

The girl skated back to the bench and threw off her helmet, sitting down next to Adam and leaning her head against his shoulder, she looked around and saw the whole team including her coach and boyfriend looking at her "Uh, hi?" she asked confused.

"Lexi , that was your first ever time in the box, you're legendary" Fulton laughed out as Charlie reached over and gave her a fist bump.

"He was talking shit about me and he hurt my gorgeous" she said as she grabbed Adams face softly like he was her child "wasn't about to let his ugly ass get away with it".

The team just laughed and turned their attention back to the game, the girl felt a kiss on her head and she looked over and saw her boyfriend  smiling down at her "that was the hottest thing ive ever seen" he mumbled quietly to her.

The girl grinned "no one hurts you and gets away with it, they have to go through me first".

Adam laughed at the statement, the small girl was like 3 times smaller than the Iceland team, yet here she was ready to kick ass and take names for him.

"Just be careful okay?" he smiled softly, the girl rolled her eyes jokingly "its hockey, how can I be careful, the game is literally centred around knocking people down and taking hits gorgeous"

Adam thought about it for a moment before nodding "okay, point taken".

The pair sat watching the game, waiting for their turn back on the ice, Amselik from Iceland got on a breakaway, Luis chased him and knocked him down from behind  knocking himself, the iceland player and the puck all into Goldberg.

3-0 was the score with two minutes remaining in the 3rd period, Lexi grinned as the ducks did the Flying V, surely now they could score. Yeah nope, they were all knocked down and the score turned 4-0.

At the start of the second period Adam and Lexi found themselves on the ice with their other iconic first line member Guy, the three had great chemistry and knew they needed to score quickly if they wanted to catch up.

Adam won the face off and the puck was passed back and forth between the 3 as they quickly moved down the ice, Lexi got on a break as her team cheered her, she ducked under Sanderson and fired the puck into the net. 

She heard the crowd and her team go crazy as the buzzer rang, Adam and Guy were the first ones over to her as they pulled her into a hug. 

Lexi skated towards the bench smiling, she felt a force hit her and she looked to see Sanderson cross checking her into the boards the girl fell to the ground gasping at the sudden impact and pain she felt and sprawled out on the ground, trying to take a moment to collect herself.

The girl felt pain soaring down her body, she had taken so many hits it wasn't funny and she wasn't sure how many more she could take.She struggled to even find the energy to get up as she heard her team abusing Sanderson, she was conscious but she had nothing more to give.

She felt two figures lean down next to her as she opened her eyes "Hi" she croaked out. 

"You alright Cutie?" Adam rushed out as he saw the girl groaning in pain. "Are you stupid, does she look okay?" Guy snapped making the two look at him.

He looked down "Sorry, I was just worried about you little lexi". he said as he helped the girl into a sitting position and wrapped his arms around her.

The girl laughed "someone pull me up". The boys stood as Adam grabbed lexis hands and stood her to her feet, the crowd cheering at the sight of the small girl being okay.

As she skated towards the bench, anger fuelled the girl. She wasn't done yet, there was a storm coming Icelands way, and they better be ready when it comes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.1K 1.9K 25
"Philophobia is the fear of emotional attachment; fear of being in, or falling in love." Two opposite sides of the same coin. Both joined by their lo...
140K 3.3K 14
philophobia; (n) the abnormal, persistent and unwarranted fear of falling in love or emotion attachment.
365 57 26
Things are turning out well for Alex has she works on not hating everyone. Everything is going okay between her and Nathan. She and her twin sister a...
34.3K 2K 69
philophobia (noun): the fear of falling in love or emotional attachment. everyone is afraid of something. and for haesoo, it was love. love can be an...