The Boarding House Horror

By guywortheyauthor

A much-hated man is found dead, his face twisted into a rictus of horror. Young Inspector Visser can't stand... More

1. Body on Pluvierstraat
2. The Spittle of Death
3. Eucalyptus
4. Lazar Yankov
5. Salted Toothbrush
6. Trevor Brashear
7. Alice Bree
8. Mariam Saab
9. Door Number Eight
10. Mario Costa
11. Water Hieroglyph
12. Definition of Ace
13. Something Vicious
14. Kind of My Fault
15. Siege
16. Means, Motive, Opportunity
17. No Concerts Right Now, Please
18. Hate Those Things
19. Shirtless

Epilogue

19 1 3
By guywortheyauthor

I asked the Chief Inspector for a transfer to the evidence archive. I explained that I was not suited for field work, and cited several examples. My request was granted. At Ace's suggestion, I also took up competitive chess, which is so far providing me with tremendous satisfaction.

I'll be proposing to Mariam soon. Mariam has recently put salt on my toothbrush, slipped an armed mousetrap into my coat pocket, and sewed several of my pant legs closed. And then there was the rubber snake coiled in my galoshes. The incidents are increasing in frequency. I think she is impatient.

Lazar Yankov continues with Dietz Engineering. I imagine that the switchyards he designs work very well.

Mariam and I have been invited to Mario and Daria's wedding. His chef hat fits him very well.

The prosecutor declined to charge Trevor Brashear with a crime, thinking a conviction unlikely. We hope the widower is gradually pulling himself out of his depression and grief.

The Darko Dor trial is almost over. The long lines of witnesses to his crimes have finally dwindled to the last few. We will all be glad when it's over. Ace Carroway had her day in court and Dor learned that his attempt to blind her had failed, in the end.

The famous flier is long gone, now. Wherever in the world she soars, we wish her well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

456 24 38
"Dear Giles, I'm sure you already know what this note is going to say. Please, do find solace in this as it once again means your life is spared, but...
Untangled By Stephanie Aston

Mystery / Thriller

1K 395 47
I slammed the table loudly and groaned out of pain. Not only the pain from the headache I was having right now. But also from the memories flooding m...
Lie is Just a Word By Lena

Mystery / Thriller

300 22 20
A young teen was found dead, murdered at a party Everyone around had a motive. The only question is who actually did it. Truth, the word that cuts...
3.7K 282 68
A dark academia boarding school in England, circa 1994, named G.H. Academy is as crazy as it gets. Pranks, Prom, and Parties. A Filipino 16-year-old...