The Wiccan Chosen One (The Se...

By aquaturtle66

Katheren Whitney doesn't think that her life can get any better, she is engaged to the love of her life, Dare... More

The Wiccan Chosen one (Chap. 1)
The Wiccan Chosen One (Chap. 2)
The Wiccan Chosen One (Chap. 3)
The Wiccan Chosen One (Chap. 4)
The Wiccan Chosen One (Chap. 5)
The Wiccan Chosen One (Chap. 6)
The Wiccan Chosen One (Chap. 7)
The Wiccan Chosen One (Chap. 8)
The Wiccan Chosen One (Chap. 9)
The Wiccan Chosen One (Chap. 10)
The Wiccan Chosen One (Chap. 11)
The Wiccan Chosen One (Chap. 12)
The Wiccan Chosen One (Chap. 13)
The Wiccan Chosen One (Chap. 15)
The Wiccan Chosen One (Chap. 16)
The Wiccan Chosen One (Chap. 17)

The Wiccan Chosen One (Chap. 14)

249 2 0
By aquaturtle66

Chapter 14

Katheren:

            I was just walking back to my car from getting groceries when I heard someone yell my name. At first, I didn't care, it wasn't his voice, so it didn't mean anything to me, but when that person got more insistent, I stopped. "Katheren!" I heard for the fourth time.

            I slowly turned around. A guy, about eighteen- nineteen-ish, with black hair was hurrying after me. My first thought was to run, I mean, when someone you don't know is running towards you, that's your first reaction, but I froze when I saw his eyes. They were ordinary brown eyes, but I could have sworn that I had seen them before.

            He stopped just in front of me and gave me a blinding smile. "Hey, it's me, Samson, Samson Dyce. You met me and my sisters Delilah and Bethany at your grandmother's house a few months ago."

            Like a light being turned on, I was suddenly able to place him. "Oh! You didn't talk much." I blushed when I realized what I had just said.

            He chuckled. "I don't like to talk much around Mrs. and Mr. Page, I don't want to be rude. I am not usually that quiet."

            I nodded. Alrighty then, this was getting awkward. I tried to give him a smile, but I hadn't smiled in so long that I was sure that it looked pained. "I- uh- I have to get going..."

            He gave me another smile. "Sure, but do you want help with your bags? I'll gladly carry them for you."

            I shrugged, what could it hurt. I handed him my two bags. "Thanks." I started to head towards my car again and he kept pace with me.

            "So I heard about you and that other guy-" He made that sound like some sort of curse word "-and what that warlock did. I'm sorry, that must have been so hard on you since you canceled the wedding and all, or did that guy just not have the balls to stay around and protect you?"

            I was surprised at how pissed he sounded. "No, no. I just couldn't stay, not if it meant him getting hurt. So you live way out here?" I found out the other day that out here was Salt Lake City, Utah. I didn't really care about his personals, as bitchy as that sounds for the way that he was helping me, but I couldn't bring myself to care about much these days. Whatever the answer was, it took focus off of the subject that could destroy me.

            He nodded. "Yeah. My sisters live closer to the main coven, but I got as far away from them as I could get as soon as I turned eighteen. Why are you over here and not up in Seattle. That's where you live, right?"

            I nodded. "I have to take care of a few things first, and then I plan on going back."

            He looked interested. "What kind of things?"

            I wondered if I should tell him, but then figured he would probably just ask Grams and she would tell him anyway. "I have to deal with Sara." My tone made it sound like it was no big deal and not scaring the hell out of me.

            His eyes widened and something passed through them, but it was gone before I could see it. "Are you sure that's a good idea...?" He was obviously thinking of the last time that he saw me try to use magic. That was before Aikaterine's help.

            "Yeah." We reached my car. "Well thank you for the help." I smiled at him- another fake smile- and got into the driver's seat without another word.

Daren:

            I glanced over at Ryan. "And you haven't thought that I haven't tried asking her grandmother where she is? What difference will a face-to-face meeting make?"

            From the passenger seat, Ryan scoffed. "You don't trust your best friend? That's just horrible. A tracking spell."

            I frowned. "What about them?"

            "If you are in the last place she was before she started her 'trip', then you should be able to use a tracking spell to find her."

            My eyes popped opened. "Now why didn't I think of that?"

            "You haven't exactly been at your best," he reminded me. "Anyway, what happened to your mind link or whatever, have you tried to see if that still works?"

            I hadn't, but I tried now. "The only thing that I can get is that she's alive, but I didn't even need a mind link to know that. I'm pretty sure that I would just know if she died." The thought literally turned my stomach and everything dimed for a second.

            "Hey! No thinking about that while driving!" Ryan shouted.

I forcibly changed the course of my thoughts. "So what happens if the tracking spell doesn't work? They only work a few days after the person has traveled that road, it's been almost three months."

"Yeah, but then again, it's usually a stranger who does it, not a loved one. You two have one hell of a bond so you should be able to follow it no problem, especially since your aura is strong and hers is even stronger."

I thought about that for a second. "Well if it doesn't work, then you are going to have to think of a better plan because I am still not thinking very clearly." I just kept thinking about her.

He nodded. "Sure, but it's a brilliant idea and it's also my idea so it'll work for sure."

I smiled for a moment. "A little arrogant are we?"

He laughed. "Well you aren't so I have to be arrogant enough for both of us."

Sara:

            I laughed again as I played with my newest toy. This one was a high school cheerleader. She thought she was all that, and had slut written all over her, it was fun to show her just how wrong she was. Her scream was so loud that I almost didn't hear the car that stopped outside my cabin.

            I fumed, nearly deciding to kill the intruder before they even got to the door. There was a reason that I had a cabin out in the woods and away from any people, it was to be alone. I threw open the doors with my powers. "What the hell do you want?" I hissed. "Talk now or I will kill you."

            The witch who showed up was much less concerned then they should have been, sure, they were scared, but not nearly enough. I conjured up an energy ball and started to through it up in the air. "The- the C-chosen One is c-coming after you," the witch stammered. "She left the boy and is searching for you."

            I seriously considered killing the witch. I knew she would, it was sad that she didn't have the boy with her so I could play with him before I killed him, but I still knew she would try something. "And I should care about this, why?"

            The witch went absolutely pale. It should have been obvious that dealing with a warlock was not going to be easy, but then again, witches were innocent little things. They thought killing was such a bad thing, while it was really so much fun, the dumbasses. "She seems to have been training, her aura is much more controlled than it was before."

            So she was training now? That made this all so much more fun. Maybe I would play with her a little bit too before I killed her. I could easily take her aura for my own before I killed her, if she trained it more, then it might actually be worth it. I grinned, just thinking about it, and the witch cringed away from me. Could it be anymore of a wuss, I thought in disgust. In the next moment, I decided not much. "If you have anymore news, tell me, but remember, it better be good." I gestured toward the bloody, once pretty cheerleader behind me. "Or you might just end up like her."

            I slammed the door in its face and turned back to my sacrificial table. "Well, honey," I told her sweetly, "it seems that I don't need to hold you out as long as I planned. But don't worry, we'll still have fun for a but longer."

            She whimpered weakly and tried to pull away from me, but the magical bonds that held her were unbreakable by shear force. "P-please-" she tried again.

            "You do want to have more fun?" I grinned. "Well I just love to help out." She started to pray and I laughed evilly. "No God's gonna save you now, honey. You might as well save your breath."

            After I was done playing with her, I had a few errands to run. I smirked, god I loved my life. Killing was the best job... and the most satisfying. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 801 57
A Thousand year old Forest guardian has loved only one human woman but can never have her. She often slips away from him through death and there was...
24.6K 2.3K 42
She didn't have to know yet. I would allow nature do its job in this life. Our lives never included normal, it was our curse and our blessing. But wh...
23 1 21
Ever since Wren was a child, she's dreamt of the same man every night. Living in a swamp deep in south Louisiana, hidden away from the world where va...