A Change of Life in Naruto wo...

By Natsumiy

This is a story of a normal girl who gets to be in her favorite animation. However, there is a catch. The str... More

Chapter 1: The strangers
Chapter 2: Konohagakure
Chapter 3: Inner voice? Betrayal?
Chapter 4: New Life
Chapter 5: Friends
Chapter 6: Genin test
Chapter 7: Fan girls
Chapter 8: Team selection
Chapter 9: Bell Test
Charter 10: Kakashi's decision
Chapter 11: C rank mission to Land of Waves
Chapter 12: Zabuza Momochi, Demon of the Mist
Chapter 13: Meet Haku.
Chapter 14: Roara's Own Personal Mission
Chapter 15: Blood clone secret revealed
Chapter 16: Darkness inside me
Chapter 17: Confusing Situation
Chapter 18: For the sake of dreams
Chapter 19: Roara's Last Resort
Chapter 20: The Broken Seal of two Monsters!!
Chapter 21: Nine Tail and the Dark Side
Chapter 22: A Tool Known as Shinobi and The Demon in the snow
Chapter 23: A New Chapter Begins: The Chunin Exam!!
Chapter 24: Identify Yourself: Powerful New Rivals
Chapter 26: Start Your Engines: The Chunin Exam Begins
Chapter 27: The Tenth Question: All or Nothing!
Chapter 28: The ChΕ«nin Exam Stage 2: The Forest of Death
Chapter 29: Eat or Be Eaten: Panic in the Forest

Chapter 25: Genin Takedown; All Eleven Rookies Face Off

469 13 8
By Natsumiy

I don't own Naruto and the pictures except my OC. All the credit goes to the original owners.

"Normal speech"
"Evil/Bijuu speech"
'Normal thinking'
'Evil/Bijuu thinking'
"Normal Jutsu"
"Evil/Bijuu jutsu"
'Normal Telepathy speech'
'Evil/Bijuu Telepathy speech'
______________________________________________________________
When we reached on the third floor. We walked to the hallway where the room 301 is at. I can see Kakashi near the door as he wait for us.

When we were close he raise his hand. "Yo." He said as if he does not care anything in the world.

I looked at him angrily. "Don't just 'Yo' me!" I shout at him as I point my accusing finger at him.

That does not look like it effected him at all. "Listen Roara. I know it was so sudden to put you two in two men squad but I thought you were more than cable of taking care of yourself well."

This shocked me. I never expected to hear this from him. 'Is this the genjutsu?' I secretly try to dispell it but it did not work. 'Is this for real? Because he was never said this nice to me.'

"I'm glad both of you decided to take this exam. Now your both officially registered to the Chunin Exam." He explains. "This exam can only be taken in teams of three but since both of you showed more skills than any Genins. The Hokage personally give you both the permission to act as two men squad. He put great trust in both of you and... I do too, so don't let us down." He give us his infamous eye smile.

I just stare at him in awe. Never in my life have I thought he would say those words to me and Haku.

"Thank you so much Hatake-san." Haku bows.

"Now no need for formalities Haku. Hokage put you directly under me, so you can call me Sensei like Roara does." He looks so cheerfull today.

"Understood sensei." Haku replies back.

"And Roara." I looked at Kakashi who looks at me with serious eyes. "I hope you will do your best in there. You showed great potential as a shinobi and...I want others to know that as well."

'What is he saying this things out of blue?!' I feel awkward. I never got praised by adults like this ever in my life before and hearing this kind of things so suddenly is making me awkward. I don't know how to react on this. I looked away. "S-Sure. Whatever." That's the lame answer I could reply at this moment. Sheesh! I need to work on my communication skill properly.

"Okay best of luck you two. Show them what your made of." He smiled as he steps aside from the door for us to enter.

Haku nods his head determinedly and I just smirk. Totally ignoring my previous communication skill topic and all. We both walk inside the room and the door closes behind us.

What greet us inside are glares and tense aura around the room. Everyone is on edge. As if a smallest thing could snap them and make them over react with no reason at all.

Haku and and I did not want to become their source of anger and frustration so we went to a conner and sat there quietly. We were to early. I can see only 7 team members present in the room. If you include us then 8 teams are here.

I heard a footsteps of someone approaching us. I look at the direction of the sound to see the same girl with blue hair who was with Gaara's group few days ago. She looks strong despite her friendly looks. So I put up my guard. Haku seem to notice this too because he did the same.

As she approached right before us as she looked at us with a friendly smile. "Hi there friends. My name is Ito Izumi. Nice to meet you." She sounds fairly too nice for some reason for a stranger.

'Friends?' I feel my eye twitch when she said that. How can this person act like a air head?

"Haku." Haku said not giving his last name.

Izumi nods her head at Haku with a smile then looks at me as if waiting for me to say my name. "Roara." I did the same like him. I don't know why but something tells me it's not good to reveal my last name in this room.

"Haku and Roara. I hope we get along well even if it's Chunin exam. I don't want to make enemies out of everyone." She smiles as she held her hands for us to shake.

We hesitated at first but later we shook her hands. She let go of Haku's hand but she tightens her hand on mine.

'What's her problem?' I thought with a scowl.

She suddenly pulls me towards her which took me by surprise. She gets close to my ear as she whisper something that made me shock before she let go off my hand and walks away.

I looked at her retreating back in shock. I never expected to meet her like this.

"What's the matter Raora-san? Did she do something?" Haku looks concern.

I shook my head. "Nothing at all. Let's forget about it." I said with a frown on my face. I feel a bit betrayed and anger after I heard it from her. How can she change so much?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time skip

After few more minutes, people started to fill up the room as more teams enter inside. I saw my village ninjas but I was not concern about them or make my presence known for now.

"Wow!" I heard a familiar voice. I turn to see Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura.

"Wh-What is this?" Sakura sounds surprised and nervous with the people in this room. I mean everyone is glaring whoever enters through that door. She looks frighten.

"Sasuke-kun, you're late!" Ino shout and hugs him from behind with a blush on her face. What's her deal?

Sasuke looks annoyed by her.

"I've been eagerly waiting for you since I heard that I could see you for the first time in a long time." Ino said cheerfully as she was all over him. She hasn't changed like Sakura did.

I saw Sakura getting angry from what I can tell from her tick mark on her head but she didn't say anything to her like she do in anime.

"Oh~ What's this? Forehead is also here. Aren't you gonna say anything?" Ino tease as she looked at her.

Sakura crossed her arms and huffs. "Unlike you Ino-pig. I am moving on in my life to become a true shinobi. I don't have time to waste like you." She said with a smile but it looks forced. She really is mad at Ino.

Ino let's go of Sasuke before she walked up to her with a glare. "What did you say Forehead?" She growls.

"What you just heard Ino-pig." Sakura replies with a glare. I can see electric pass between them.

'At least her fear is gone.' I thought with a smile.

"What? Are you three going to take troublesome exam too?" Shikamaru looked at them lazily. Chouji stood next to him and ate his BBQ chips.

Naruto face brighten when he saw those two. "Oh, it's Shikamaru and Chouji. How are you doing?" He smiled. They were the only kids besides me who ever talked to Naruto in the past and never thought him as a monster. Hinata talk to Naruto too but she was too shy.

"We're doing fine and Ino's troublesome..." Shikamaru looks annoyed and lazy as ever.

"Roara-San, I think we should join them. They are your friends right?" Haku said with a smile.

I rub the back of my head. "Yeah. I guess we should." I said in boredom before we both walked to them.

"Yo! I see that you guys are as lively as ever." I smiled.

"Troublesome, do you think that we're lively?" Shikamaru said in boredom. "And who's with you?" He asked looking at Haku.

Haku step forward. "Hello. My name is Haku. I'm under team 7 and my partner is Roara in this exam. Nice to meet you." He bows.

"So it's true that you team up with Haku!" Naruto shouts at me.

I rub my ears annoyed. "I didn't know about it too. I heard it from Iruka-sensei few days ago before the Chunin exam starts. I was surprised as you are." I said with a sigh. "But I don't hate the idea of joining with Haku. It will be a good experience working with people other than my own team. Not that he is not my team already." I smiled.

"So, all 10 rookies this year are going to take the exam. How far do you think we can get Sasuke?" I turn to see Kiba with his team.

"H-Hello..." Hinata greets us shyly.

"You seem confident, Kiba." Sasuke said with a smirk.

Naruto spun around when he heard that before he glares at Kiba. "Shut up! Putting, Sasuke aside, I won't lose to you!" He said angrily at him.

"I-I'm sorry Naruto-kun, Kiba-kun didn't mean it that way..." Hinata defends her team shyly.

"Huh?" Naruto looks at her before he smiling. "If you say so." He said.

It's my turn to say something on this now. Kiba is being full of himself. "Are you blind Kiba? It's 11. Haku here joined our ranks not long ago." I said looking at him with a frown.

"Huh? Haku?" He looks at him before he approached him. "Wow, your pretty. Wanna go out after the exam?" He asked making me almost gag.

Haku smiles. "Thank you but I'm a boy."

The room felt silent. Kiba pales and his jaw drops as purple lines hangs in the air above his head. "YOUR A BOY!!!!" He shouts in shock and surprise.

"How troublesome." Shikamaru also looks surprised and so are the people present here in the room. Only team 7 were not effected by the news since we already knew.

I surpass my giggle and look at Kiba with a smirk. "So Kiba. What were you talking about before? Something like going out with who now?" I tease.

Kiba pales more if that's possible before looking at me. "Forget what I said!" Before he runs off to the conner with red face.

Everyone laughs. Haku is the one who is enjoying the most.

I meet Hinata's eyes. She gives me a shy smile and nod. I smile back at her.

Then Naruto looks at Hinata which made her face go all red before looking away from him. Naruto blinked in confusion not getting at all. I say, he's dense as always.

"Hey you guy. You guys should be more quiet." That voice...it can't be.... I turn around to see...Kabuto... "So, you're the 11 rookies that graduated from the academy, correct? Screaming like school girls geez..." he said seriously. I glare at him when he said this. He must have noticed my glare because he avoids me. "This isn't a picnic."

To not make suspicious of myself for knowing him. I act as a stranger. "Who do you think you are?" I glare at him.

Kabuto gives us a friendly smile. "I'm Yakushi Kabuto. But instead of concerning about me, you should look behind." He said.

"Behind?" Sakura was confuse and so are the other rookies.

We all turn to face all the Genins in the room glaring at us. So much for a glaring party here.

"The ones behind you are from Rain Village. They have a short temper. Everyone is nervous about exam, so quiet down before you make a scene." He said seriously.

Then the rookies looks back at him. "I guess I can't blame you, since you're clueless rookies. You remind me how I used to be." He smiles.

"Kabuto was it?" Sakura looks at him seriously.

"Yeah." He answers back.

"Is this your second time, then?" She asked him curiously.

"No. It's my seventh." He said casually.

"For his seventh time. You sure acts confident of yourself." I scoff with a scowl on my face.

He glare at me and I glare back. I think he's suspicious of me now but I don't care. I really hate his gut.

I see Shikamaru is suspicious of him as well.

Kabuto breaks eye contact with me before facing others. "This exam only take place twice every year, and it's my fourth year." He glance at me when he said that before looking back to the group.

"That means you know a lot about this exam, right?" Sakura asked hopefully.

"Yeah. He must be knowing a lot about the stuff, like how you can fail so easily." I mock with a smirk on my face.

Kabuto sends me a glare towards me before playing the innocent act. "I don't know what your trying to say but I only failed because the exam was tough. You'll see when you go through it yourself." He's keeping his nice guy act.

Before I say anything to him again. I felt a hand place on my shoulder, stopping me from insulting him. I turn to my left side to see Haku. "Sorry about her rude comments on you Kabuto-san. She's just nervous and tense about the exam. Please don't mind her and forgive her." He bows.

I flinch in guilt and anger. I don't want Haku to apologize in my behalf nor do I want it to be directed at that bastard!!

"That's okay. I understand how youths are those days. I don't mind at all." He replies giving me a sweet smile. But I know behind that smile, he have his ugly face hidden under it.

"Roara is true in most part. He hasn't pass the exam." Shikamaru said skeptical look on his face as he pointed out his own view.

I looked at Shikamaru with glimmering shining eyes. 'Thank you so much for the support Shikamaru!' I scream in my mind. He looks at me and looks away muttering 'Troublesome' as he looks back at Kabuto.

Kabuto rubs the back of his neck in embarrassment. "Yeah, that's true." I look back at him. I feel sick standing here in this room with him already.

Shikamaru sighs, "Is the Chunin Exam that difficult? This is getting even more troublesome."

"Hehe...Then I'll share some info with you cute rookies." He said as if he's waiting for someone to say what Shikamaru said as he pulls out cards and show it to us.

I feel like I'm gonna puke when he said cute rookies, it's more like he sees us as his guniea pigs for his stepping stones to earn trust in us for that snake bastard. "With these Nin-info cards."

"Nin-info cards?" Sakura asked confused.

"In simple terms, it's a card that has information burned into it using my chakra." I have my eyes on him the entire time he laid the stack of cards on the ground. "I've collected information on this exam for the past four years. There are about 200 cards in total." Kabuto took one card and turned it around, it was blank. "It looks white, but...to get the information from this card..."

He pushed come of his chakra into the card. "It's made so you can't view it without my chakra." With a puff of smoke, the information appears on the card. It shows us the graph number of participants this time in the exam from all over the element nations."

"Wow, a really easy to read graph. What kind of info is this?" Naruto asked him. He's trusting that bastard too much. I scowl.

"This is the number of those taking the exam and the breakdown of what country they are from." Kabuto explains.

Sasuke steps in "Do you have cards on info on individual?" He asked in serious tone.

"Hehe...There are some guys you're worried about?" Kabuto ask as he smirks. I really want to ripe that smirk off his face right here and now. "Of course...the info of all of this exams participants isn't perfect but I do have it." He takes on card from his deck. "Even of you guys." I frown when he say that. "Say something about these guys and I'll take a look." He offers.

"Gaara of the hidden Sand, Rock Lee, Yuki Haku and Noyomi Roara from Leaf." Both Haku and I gave Sasuke a surprise look at him. Why would Sasuke want our info now?

"Oh, you know their name's, it should be easy then." Kabuto said with a smile. He swifts in and takes four cards from the deck.

I saw Naruto trying to look like he understands what's happening here when in reality he does not. He's a open book for me.

"Show me." Sasuke said seriously.

"Wait!" I said before Kabuto shows it to him. "I want to look at my info for myself. To check if it really is correct or not." I interrupt him.

Kabuto smiles. "If your really is suspicious of my Nin-info cards and have a doubts then I don't mind letting you check it yourself." He hands me one of the card on his hand.

I took it from his hand. I look at it carefully. It says.

Noyomi Roara.
Genin of Hidden Leaf Village.
Mission history:
C rank- 1
B rank- 0
D rank- 29
Mission as Genin:
Has expecially done well even drawing attention of higher ranks and her enemies. Sole survivor of Noyomi clan and have a unique bloodline passed down.

I felt uneasy about this as soon as I saw this. 'So those two bastard must have known about my dojutsu then? Does that mean that Snake bastard is going to come for me too?' I scowl at that thought. 'I better stay alarm and caution of my surrounding then.'

"Are you satisfied?" Kabuto asked getting me out of my deep thinking. "Is everything you see there is true?" He asked.

I didn't let it show in my face but I'm impressed on how he got his hands on this information about me. "Yeah. It's true alright." He held his hand to me to give his card back and I didn't hesitated to do so but however...before he even touch the card. Fire flickers and burn the card into ashes. "Ops! Sorry about that. I guess my chakra went crazy again for a moment." Not really apologetic in real.

He glare at me like I was getting on his nerve before he quickly hide it with a nice guy smile. "It's okay."

"Psst! Roara, you just can't destroy others things you know." Sakura whispers at me in worry.

"It does not matter. That card has my name on it so it's more like it's mine. I do whatever with my things. And..." I watch Kabuto explaining Rock Lee's and Gaara's card to Sasuke. "I don't like a stranger carrying information on me." I made it clear to her that I really don't trust him at all.

"And Yuki Haku-" Kabuto said to the last card.

But before he said anything on Haku. A ice senbon came out of nowhere and impaled the card. The information on the card disappears in puff of smoke. "Sorry but I don't like someone else knowing about me. It's a old habit." Everyone's eyes turns to Haku. He has a smile on his face but if you looked carefully, he clearly does not like how Kabuto easily give off the information on us to others.

Sasuke glares at him.

"I understand." Kabuto said as he held both his hands up like he's surrendering.

"That information gathering cards are truly remarkable. It's just how a spy do, don't you think Kabuto-san?" I said with sweet and innocent smile. I really hate myself right now for speaking his name.

I can see a sweat rolling of his face when I said that but he kept his expression natural like he does not do anything wrong. "What are you trying to say? That I'm a spy?" I can see his body tense.

I look at him for a good long seconds before smiling. "Nah. What I'm saying is...it's just too suspicious on how you got all those information on us. You even bother to share with us. If you have kept it for yourself then it would be a great advantage for you in this exam. You could easily pass and yet..." I smirk letting him have his own thoughts. "From what I heard from this Chunin exam. Everyone has to go against each other even if they are from the same village. Sorry if I sounded offended to you but I'm just raising my suspicion. I hope you understand."

I noticed Shikamaru, Haku and Hinata agrees with me on this because they started sending their own suspicious look at him. As for the rest, they have doubtful expression.

Kabuto looks wary of me now but he kept his smile on his face. "Not at all. I know it's suspicious and all. If I were in your place I would have done the same but you see... I don't want to be selfish and pass the exam easily by myself. I wanted to help my fellow village shinobi too. The information I gathered is just because I'm taking caution of this time around." He replies convincing others but not my fellow suspicious party.

"Anyway..." he said cutting me off before I say anything again. Now he's making sure I don't open my mouth. He started explaining others about the people in the different country taking part in this exam and how strong they are that it can make us lose our confident and blah blah blah. He's taking all their attention off from the earlier subjects.

I ignored him entirely. His sole existence here is making me sick now. I was minding my business when something caught my eyes, Izumi's intense glare sent towards Kabuto. She really hates his guts like I do. It's not surprising at all to see this.

"MY NAME IS UZUMAKI NARUTO!!! I won't lose to any of you! Got it?!" Naruto suddenly shouts getting mine and everyone's attention on him now. "Ahhh..." he sighs in satisfaction. "That felt great."

Everyone in the room now glares at him, some in shock and some in amusement. I can see Sasuke agrees with him.

I smile. 'He never change.'

I notice Izumi give Naruto a proud smile.

"Hey!! What's he doing?!!" Ino shouts at Sakura like she wants her to do something about it.

Sakura just looks at Naruto like he's an idiot.

Shikamaru looks annoyed and surprise by his outburst. "Idiot! Did you just have to make everyone here your enemy? Can't you for once just keep your troublesome mouth shut for once?"

Sakura storm right at him and gets him in a head lock trying to choke him. "What're you talking big for?! You!" Getting more attention on them now. Sakura laughed awkwardly. "S-Sorry about this idiot. He's lose on the head and always speaks nonsense." She said politely before going back to choking him again. "You!! Say sorry!!" She shouts at him.

Before she kills poor Naruto, I step in and touch her arm. "Calm yourself idiot. Your attracting more attention towards yourself by doing this. Let him go." I said making her see my point here by eyeing the crowd of people.

She understood and immediately let loose on Naruto. He quickly gets away from her. I think he's scared of her choking him again.

Suddenly, I felt spike of chakra movement within the crowd. I can easily detect it from how much killer instinct it's releasing. It wasn't much but it's noticeable. And there are three of them.

I turn to the crowd immediately. Luckily the killer instinct was not directed at Naruto or Sakura but I still stayed in high alert. I notice a movement in the crowd as three people dodge the crowds as they makes its way to their target.

I saw Zaku appear above Kabuto and threw kunai at him. Kabuto acting so full of himself avoided them casually. Then, suddenly Dosu appears right in front of him.

Kabuto eyes widen in surprise, Dosu went through hand signs before thrusting that machine on his arm hidden under his sleeves forward at him. He dodge his attack aimed at his face.

The rookies seems to taken surprise by this and admired how Kabuto look this so easy. If you asked me. Dosu was too slow that even a freshly new Genin could beat him. I look at Haku who does not looked that impressed at all. He is master of speed. I know Dosu will be on the ground 2 second flat if Haku fights with him.

I looked back at Kabuto who has a cheeky smile on his face but it soon change as his glasses cracked and shatters. "I see, so that's the kind of attack it was." He smirk.

Sasuke steps in confusion. "What's going on? He dodged that attack...so why did his glasses..."

"It must have hit his nose." Shikamaru said lazily and tasked. "That's what you get acting like a big shot."

'You said it Shikamaru.' I feel proud of him.

"No, your wrong. It's the sound waves that hit him. Just before he dodge that attack. I felt chakra resonant in the air before it hit him." Haku explain.

I looked at Haku in shock. 'I knew Haku was smart but I never knew he's this brilliant! He's so cool.' I'm already thanking Kakashi for teaming me up with Haku.

"Sound Huh?" Sasuke narrows his eyes at Dosu guy.

"Troublesome guys." Shikamaru looks bored but I can see interest spark in him. I guess he knowledge Haku as a worth rival for him.

Kabuto gritted his teeth in anger and look pissed at Dosu but suddenly his eyes widen before he doubles over and started puking. "Blehh!"

'Gross man.' I give him a disgusted look before turning away. As much as I'm happy to see him suffer, this is not the kind of things I want to see right now.

"He threw up!" Naruto said in shock.

"Kabuto-san!" Sakura shouts in worry. Sakura really needs to learn not to trust a stranger.

The others gasped in surprise and even in disgust.

Naruto and Sakura quickly ran beside his side before I stop them. "Kabuto!!" Naruto said in worry. That jerk got what he wanted. Their trust.

"Are you okay?" Sakura asked him in worry.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Kabuto said.

"You're not as good as I thought for a veteran who took the exam four years running. I guess that black haired girl is right about you being a failure." Dosu said in disappointment.

He was listening to me huh? It's not surprising since I did said for everyone can hear. I suddenly felt a cold pair of eyes on me. It's creepy. It almost feels like someone is watching me closely. It sent shiver run down my spine but I didn't let that person get the pleasure of seeing me get frighten by it and acted nothing happened.

"Write this down in your card. 'The three sound ninja will definitely become Chunins.'" Zaku said cheekily. He was with his two companions from the sound village.

Suddenly, at the front of the room door, smoke appears startling the people in the room. "Quiet down you worthless bastards!" A voice of a grown man came from within the smoke.

When the smoke cleared, the proctors for this first exam stood beside Ibiki.

"Thanks for waiting." Ibiki said with intimidating look on his face. I can see his scars on his face which he received long time ago. He's a good man. "I am Morino Ibiki, the proctor for the first test of the Chunin Selection Exam." He give us a bad ass smile.

'Here comes my very first test. I can't wait it to begin! But I'm still nervous though.' I thought getting excited and nervous at the same time.

'Be careful. I can feel sinister chakra in this room.' Hiro my trusted friend warns me about the cold pair of eyes on me. So he knows about it too. Gotta be careful.
______________________________________________________________
Sorry for late  update. I hope I didn't make you all wait for long.

Please comment
And vote.
Thank you
Have a nice day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.7K 2.4K 43
Book One- Chiisai is a simple librarian who spends her days with little excitement. That is until she is assaulted in the very streets of her village...
5.1K 294 26
⚠️ πšƒπš† πš†π™°πšπ™½π™Έπ™½π™Ά ⚠️ 𝙰𝙷𝙴𝙰𝙳: πšƒπ™·π™Έπš‚ 𝙱𝙾𝙾𝙺 π™·π™°πš‚ πšƒπ™·π™΄ π™΅π™Ύπ™»π™»π™Ύπš†π™Έπ™½π™Ά πšƒπ™·π™΄π™Όπ™΄πš‚: ➀ 𝙲𝙷𝙸𝙻𝙳 π™°π™±πš„πš‚π™΄ ➀ π™Ώπ™·πšˆπš‚π™Έπ™²π™°...
8.5K 633 29
A story of a boy who is addicted on cutting, a girl who is a bulimic, a boy who is fakely smiling, two cousins who were being abused and a girl who i...
102K 4.3K 30
In a shocking event where young Sakura Haruno dies at an early age, A soul whom has wondered the vast alternate realities claims this empty shell. Th...