What's Wrong With Ms.Kang?

By hyewoncutie

Misunderstandings arise when Han (YN), a highly capable secretary, announces that he will resign from his pos... More

Chapter 2!
Chapter 3!
Chapter 4!
Chapter 5!
Chapter 6!
Chapter 7!
Chapter 8!
Chapter 9!
Chapter 10!
Chapter 11!
Chapter 12!
Chapter 13!
Chapter 14!
Chapter 14.5!
Chapter 15!
Chapter 16!
Chapter 17!
Chapter 18!
Chapter 18.5!
Chapter 19!
Chapter 20!
Chapter 21!
Chapter 22!
Chapter 23!
Chapter 24!
Chapter 25!
Chapter 25.5!
Chapter 26!
Chapter 26.5!
Chapter 27!
Chapter 27.5!
Chapter 28!

Chapter 1!

8.4K 194 87
By hyewoncutie

Heya! It's Hamsy/author dude and I'm here to welcome you to my new book! I hope you are looking forward to this story like I am! That's it for now so lets dive into the first chapter shall we?

Oh yeah! Huge thanks to 99linerlover for making the book cover!

____________________________________

*INSERT SOUND OF MEAT SIZZLING HERE*

"Yena! You're going to burn the meat!"

A group could be seen inside a small eatery in one of the many streets in Seoul. This group had one thing in common and that is that they work under the same multimillion company based in South Korea, KN industries. The same company that has a bunch of malls and multiple hotels sprinkled all around the country.

"Ah~ Where could he be?~" Younggyu said as he turned a piece of meat on the grill.

"Who knows? Maybe he's still busy with Ms.Kang~" Chaewon said teasingly making everybody in their table laugh.

"I wonder what they're doing..maybe some after hour shifts?" Jin woo said in between his giggles and chuckles.

"Aish! You know that work is piling up for Ms.Kang! I'm pretty sure (YN) is just helping to get some load off her shoulders." Inyuk said trying to calm the party down.

"Maybe he's giving her another loa-" Joohyun didn't even get the chance to finish his sentence as everyone else started hitting him making him laugh and calling it off as a joke.

The wooden doors of the small eatery creaked as it opened. The group turned their heads towards the doors to see a young man wearing a dark blue suit and a dark blue tie, he seemed to be looking for someone around the place.

"Han (YN)! Over here!" Inhyuk shouted then raised his arm and waved at him trying to get his attention. The man looked over at him and found all of his colleagues. He walked towards them with a wave and a sweet smile.

Jin woo offered him a place to sit down in between him and Inhyuk the he slowly sat down on it.

"Sorry for being late. Things just got a bit hectic and Ms.Kang wanted me to reorganize her meetings for the rest of the week." (YN) said as he bowed slightly towards them. The smell of smoke entered his lungs making him slightly cough.

"Don't worry, You're not late at all! The meat is still getting cooked!" Yena said as she got a piece of meat on the grill and ate it. The rest of the group smiled and bowed back at him as they readied their eating utensils.

After a short while, the group proceeded to eat the grilled food and drink to some Soju while sharing stories about the workplace they're in and about their lives in general.

"You know, I've noticed something..." Chaewon started to talk as she swallowed the food in her mouth. "Ms.Kang has been really weird these past few days.." Everybody in the group turned towards her and nodded in agreement.

"Yeah! She seems to be more....human?" The rest of the group chuckled at the comment by Jinwoo. "She seems to be less colder than before!" Followed Yena.

"She even greeted us with a smile! You know how rare that is? It's like rarer than a blue moon!" Inhyuk added in making the laughs from the group grow louder.

Their laughter soon died down then they suddenly turned the focus of their eyes to (YN) who was busy nibbling on the roasted meat.

"So i guess I'm the only one that noticed it?" (YN) chuckled and puts down his chopsticks. "Unfortunately...I have no answer to give you.." He said then the group groaned in disappointment and leaned back on their seats.

"So the question remains on the table...

...What's wrong with Ms.Kang?"

*Flashback!*

A woman could seen inside of a large office, tapping her fancy wooden table rhythmically. She looked at the screen of her computer on her table just to see it has no tabs open and was just open like it was staring back at her.

(That's what her office looks like! ;))

The large metal doors of her office opened afterwards a man carrying a tray with a plate of cake and a cup of tea next to it. He slowly made in front of her table and slightly bowed to show respect.

"Ms.Kang, Here are your morning snacks. Strawberry flavoured cake with tea, just how you like it." The man slowly placed the tray down on her desk. He then grabbed a tablet he held under the tray.

The lady known as Ms.Kang took the spoon and fork and immediately took pieces from the cake.

"Secretary Han, Have you received the contract draft from the Yumyung group?" She softly said in between bites.

"Yes Ma'am. The legal team is studying the contract as we speak.."

"How about the SBC and the MBS? Have they sent their requests for the furniture they are going to use?" Ms.Kang added.

"Ne Ms.Kang. The managing team of the furniture department is working on it now." Han said as he scrolled through the tablet.

"How about the approval of the new KN hotel from Ambassador of Japan? Have you received anything about it?" Ms.Kang said as she puts the plate aside and sips on the cup.

"Unfortunately not Ma'am. I will be expecting their response later this afternoon..." Hand stopped scrolling on the tablet and placed it on her table for her to see.

"Have you found deserving models for the new Spring and Summer collection?" Ms.Kang took ahold of the tablet.

"The one being shown on the tablet are the ones that I've approved of, Ma'am.." She then took a look at the tablet and it's contents l. She scrolled down and looked at some of the names on the list

'1.Jang Wonyoung
2.Miyawaki Sakura
3.Shin Ryujin
4.Myoui Mina
5.Ahn Yujin
6.Yabuki Nako
7.Kang Soohyun
8.Lee Saerom
9. Honda Hitomi
10.Hwang Yeji'

"Secretary Han, I'd like you to take over this project. It looks like you already have everything sorted out and all we have to is take a look at the models then afterwards, you have to make Mr.Kim sign." Ms.Kang said as she handed him back the tablet.

"A-alright Ma'am..I'll try my best.." He grabbed the tablet and quickly bowed. "What's my schedule for today, Secretary Han?" Ms.Kang asked him in a deep but calm voice.

"Later this afternoon, You will have a meeting with KorAir about their partnership with the company and in the evening, you will attend a birthday dinner with the ambassador and expect the presence of people from other companies, trying to land a deal with your company." She then nodded before looking back onto her computer.

"Ma'am, You have a piece of cake on your face. Let me get it." He then leaned forward and grabbed a napkin from the tray. He softly held on her chin and turned her look towards him. She stared into his eyes as he wiped the piece off of her cheek. The fairly young woman suddenly felt her heart beat faster as she stared at him.

He then leaned back and crumpled the tissue napkin. He looked back at her to see her with a smile, he was both surprised and confused to see her smiling.

"What's with the smile, ma'am?"

Ms.Kang suddenly turned back onto her screen and raised a hand. "Y-You're free to leave now, Secretary Han." The man in front of her nodded and slowly made his way out of the door, leaving her with herself inside the large room.

She quickly shook her head and thought to herself. 'What happened to me? Did I just stutter in front of my own Secretary?'

She then quickly dismissed her thoughts as she couldn't think that her Secretary would sweetly take care of her outside of her office duties.

*TIMESKIP!*

"After the first term of partnership with KorAir, our product sales from duty free shops increased by 190%. The airlines who are also committed for our steady supply of oil and fuel they needed, boosted our oil company by 12% this month with over 17% total growth this year." Ms. Jo demonstrated as she slides the presentation graph.

"What do they want after the term of contract?" Ms. Lim, the head of KM Electronics, asked.

"They want to renew the partnership and add news terms to the contract. First, they want to add KN Fashion to the stores inside their airports." Ms. Jo continued,

"This could be a good chance for us to promote our clothing product to the new range of people if we can launch it on time with our new S/S fashion series." Mrs. Jang said as she supported the term they wanted to add while the others seconded the decision.

"Yes, KorAir also wants us to continue and increase the supply of oil and fuel for them with the same rate as the previous term."

"The price for crude oil and other fuels was suddenly raised due to the series of attack on Pakistan and Iraq where we get our supplies. I don't think the same rate as before can't be granted as it may turn it out as on of our liabilities." Mr. Goo, the head of KM Oil explained.

"And for the last one, they also want to enter a partnership with KM Hotel for hotel accommodation and reservation of their customers. It turns out their previous partner can't handle the accommodation anymore since the percentage of travelers has increased by 12% from previous years and it doubled when it is in the peak season." Ms. Jo continued.

"Will there be a benefit for company if KM Hotel proceeds with the partnership?" Mr. Ahn, the Head of KN Motors, asked.

"As we take over the hotel reservation for passengers and travelers for KorAir, we expect that KN Hotel will grow as the best hotel at the domestic market and within the best 10 on the global market within 3 years...

"..As soon as the new term of partnership is implemented, we will actively start taking reservations from US, India, Vietnam, and Thailand in order to maximize the potential of the proposal. If you look at the feasibility study, you will see that the current accommodation we receive without the partnership with the airlines is on 1.834 million per year. If we continue the partnership with them, we expect that the accommodation will rise up to 2.737 million. The current ratio is about 175 percent." Ms. Jo explained as she fixed the glasses on her face.

"It is 149.26390403" Ms. Kang suddenly said, as all the directors and the members suddenly turned towards her. The atmosphere in the room became tense but (YN) can't help it but smile and chuckle at his boss.

"Ma'am?" Yuri asked in confusion. She gulped down her saliva then listened in.

"If the current accommodation is 1.834 million, and the expected rise is 2.737 million, shouldn't the current ratio be 149.26390403? Ms. Jo?" Ms. Kang corrected her, earning multiple clear throats from the directors.

"Well, you're right. Why do the numbers..." Ms. Yuri grabbed her phone and checked it til Ms.Kang cut her off.

"Proceed with the proposal, and Mr. Goo, please check what we can do in our end about the rate they asked. Let's end the meeting here" Ms. Kang said as she walked out the presentation room and with (YN) quickly following her from behind.

"Secretary Han, Let's head to the dinner you told me about earlier shall we?~.." Ms.Kang said as she walked to the exit.

"Yes Ma'am, I'll go call the driver." (YN) then pulled out a phone from his pocket and called her personal driver and told him to meet them at the main exit.

Once they went through the metal doors of the KN building, a black car pulled up in front of them. (YN) went in front of Ms.Kang and opened the passenger's seat in the back. She then went inside and (YN) sat next to the driver. He told him the location of the dinner and went off.

*Timeskip!*

The party went off well. Multiple talked to Ms.Kang and offered a partnership. All seemed worthy for a partnership but all she gave them was, "I'll think about it.." or "I'll reach back to you when I have made my mind.." then they would look at you with a glare which made you feel thretened and confused at the same time.

The party ended after everyone has eaten their dinner and celebrated the ambassador's birthday with wine and a lot of fancy foods. The people slowly exited the building little by little and so was Ms.Kang and her Secretary.

"Secretary Han, Get the car please...I want to go home.." Han then nodded as he sees her gripping onto her coat. Han walked to where the driver had parked the car and went in then drove up to her.

The driver had to leave due to a sudden personal emergency, leaving the car and it's keys to him.

He opened the passenger door next to him and Ms.Kang slowly went inside as she waved goodbye at the people still inside. Once she closed the door, He slowly drove off towards her home.

The ride was silent since Han focused on driving and Ms.Kang stared out of the window until she suddenly spoke.

"Secretary Han, I know you've been working hard for me for a long time so I want you to give you a gift. Anything you want~" She said continuing her gaze on the streetlights as he drove.

Han thought to himself for a bit until he came up with something he wanted to tell her for a long time.

"M-ma'am...i've been wanting to do something for a while now.."

"And that is?...."

"I want to resign as your secretary..."

____________________________________

How was it? I'll introduce the other characters in the following chapters as you get to know everyone better!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.7K 815 30
Many cupid know their ULTIMATE RULE and that is.. NEVER EVER FALL INLOVE WITH A NORMAL PERSON. That's why any cupids can't even say the word "I LOVE...
390 19 1
where chaewon is going to leave, but wonyoung is not ready to say goodbye to her. [RE-UPLOADED: 10/12/20]
47K 1.8K 28
I*zone x fem reader Y/N, a teenager that has to be Iz*one manager by accident. Your life is gonna be changing to a mess, when you have to living with...
43K 2.6K 26
don't get caught. ꩜ interactive au ★ 07.07.20 // httpcherryulcola // finished !