Unnoticed Affection (Complete)

By LycanPerez

At his third year at U.A. Izuku finally learns that Yui has been his upstairs neighbor for his whole life! He... More

We Were Always Neighbors?
A Walk Home
Unforseen Forecast
Raindrop Embrace
Resizing Reality
Rider Kick
Unnoticed Importance
Sunset Hue
unnoticed
serene abyss

A Secret And A Balcony

7.8K 200 126
By LycanPerez

Yui had a content smile, letting out a matching sigh, resting her head on the stuffed animal he had won her at the pier.

They were having a tokusatsu themed carnival for the retro screening they had nearby. Izuku and Yui had finished their date there after they made their relationship official.

They were walking home, on the walkway to her apartment.

"So you like it huh?" Izuku asked rubbing the back of his hair. He was feeling a nervous swell of pride. It was honestly something he never felt before. 'Winning something for m-my girlfriend is great!'

"Yes. Classic Godzilla is my favorite." Her face was buried in it before she replied but as she did she turned her head, resting her cheek on the stuffed kaiju.

"Y-You're welcome... Ah, I guess we reached your place. Um, this was fun Yui, I can't wait for next time."

She nodded opening the door. She turned around, the stuffed animal still hugged snuggly in her arms. "Ditto."

"W-Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow, I'll come pick you up for school like always." As he was getting ready to take his leave.

"Izuku?" She stopped him.

"Hm, what is it, Yui?"

Her shoulders raised as she tilted her head, her bangs sweeping across as she showed the rarest yet most earnest smile. "I'm really happy with you."

His eyes widened with parted lips. "Yui... I, er," He squeezed his eyes shut before opening them determined. "I'm really sorry, I never knew how close you were to me." He raised his hand to her cheek, cresting it with his thumb. He placed his forehead against hers. "But I'm really glad, that you were, because like I said, I want to be you close to you, Yui."

Their lips met for a small kiss of shared sentiment.

"Night, Yui." He whispered as he pulled away.

"Goodnight, Izuku. C'mon Rex, say bye too." She used Godzilla's arm to wave goodbye.

And it was precious to Izuku because she was doing it with that trademark Kodai koolness. His lips pulled up into a smirk at her cute actions. "Night Rex, keep her safe for me okay?"

She let out a quiet giggle, hiding her mouth behind the stuffed animal. "Bye, Izuku." She let out as she closed the door with a tender click.

Izuku had a warm smile on him as he headed down the stairs and to his home.

Yui's smile fell as she walked through her home. "I have to call Reiko." She was wary of a comment Izuku made and needed her advice. She went to her room and carefully placed Rex on her bed, before she pulled out her phone. She clicked on her friend's contact and placed the phone to her ear, waiting.

"Hello, Yui? I assume your evening courtship with Midoriya has come to an end, suffice to say it is usually a good sign when it ends late. Ah, don't worry about me, I was simply going down another rabbit hole online but never mind me. Did it go well?"

Yui nodded.

Reiko facepalmed, aware of Yui's habit. "Nods are inaudible, Yui."

"Sorry."

"It's okay but how'd it go, well I hope."

"Good. Really good." Yui had sat on the bed, hugging Rex in her arms. Reiko was able to hear the happiness in her words because she used two sentences to express herself. "But..."

"Hm, did something transpire?"

Yui shook her head.

"Yui."

"Sorry. No, it was what he said."

"Did he make a rude comment?"

Yui shook her head.

"Yui!"

"Ah, sorry! He said he didn't realize I lived upstairs."

"He did? I thought that was obvious. I always saw you guys walking home together."

Yuis grip on her phone tightened as her eyes shadowed. "We only started to recently."

"Huh, but I've seen you guys together since our first year?"

"... I was always walking behind him."

"Huuuh?! Yui, were you stalking him?"

"... It was unnoticed affection?"

"It definitely wasn't!" Reiko rubbed her temples. "Yui, how long have you been giving him this unnoticed affection?"

"...Elementary school."

"That long! Yui, what am I going to do with you?"

"Help."

"Well yes obviously." She chuckled at Yui's straight forward yet shy nature. "But I see, so that's what you're worried about. It could be a conundrum if Izuku were to become aware of your, er, habit."

She nodded.

"Yui..." Reiko dropped down to the desk, tired and annoyed. "We'll talk about this tomorrow, alright."

And she nodded again.

"Goodnight, Yui, oh and perhaps send Midoriya a sleep well text as well."

"Hm. Bye Reiko, night."

They both said their goodbyes.

Yui was staring at her phone. 'Is it really okay to send him a good night text, this early in the relationship? Sh-Should I? Can I?' Her thumbs were over the keyboard moving on their own slowly typing the letters. Each tap causing a louder thump in her heart. The thumbs finished the text but weren't moving. It was up to her to hit send. She closed her eyes, almost squeezing them shut, finding the resolve.

Send.

Izuku let had a happy hum as he entered his home. "Man, today was great. Can't wait to see her tomorrow."

He had entered his room, and took off his sweater. "Oh, I can't forget to thank Momo for the idea, I did promise her details in exchange." He rolled his eyes as he pulled out his phone. "Out of everyone I assumed Mina or Toru would want the gossip but whatever, if it wasn't because of her, I don't know what I would have done for a date." He had already clicked on the contact and was simply mumbling to himself like usual as he waited.

"...Hello? Izuku?" She had a sleepy voice and for some reason that captured his attention. It didn't sound like her usual preppy rich girl voice. This was distinguished allure.

He ignored it. "O-Oh, sorry Momo, I didn't mean to wake you." He also whispered for some reason. "I just came back from my date with Yui and didn't know how late it was."

"Izuku, thanks for calling but can we can talk about this tomorrow?" She let out a cute yawn.

"Y-Yeah, sure thing and again, didn't mean to wake you, I was just excited you know? Well I'll talk to you tomorrow, sleep tight Momo."

"Hold it, where do you think you're going?"

"Um, to let you sleep?"

"You woke me up so you have to stay on the phone till I go to sleep."

"What kind of a rule is that?" He chuckled at her childishness.

"Izuku..!" She whined adorably sleepy.

"Alright, I get it, I get it."

And he stayed on the line, waiting for her to go to sleep.

Buzz, buzz. "Hm?" He checked his phone screen, looking at the message that appeared. It was a goodnight text from Yui. He placed his phone back to his ear, he could hear faint snoring on the other side. He nodded to himself and hanging up the phone, leaving it on the bed.

Yui couldn't believe she just sent the message. She was only waiting for a few minutes before she heard something. "Eh?" She glanced down at her phone. The sound wasn't coming from there. It was coming from outside and it was her name. Her eyes widened, it was Izuku's voice. She walked to her balcony and opened the window, stepping outside.

"Yui." He said in a quiet voice. He was holding himself up on the ledge of her balcony, having climbed up to it from his. He had a toothy grin as she approached him, still having slightly wide eyes at his actions. "I just wanted to come by instead of a text to say sleep tight and sweet dreams."

She had reached him, remaining silent. She cupped his cheekbones and leaned forward to him, pressing her lips against him in a gentle midnight kiss.

"I will, Izuku." And her hauntingly quiet voice was accompanied with a condensed breath and a delicate smile that had a lunar light radiate around her. "Because of you."

"Yui..." His enamored emerald eyes were lost in the affection of her expression. He cleared his throat as a blush emerged on his cheeks. "Well, g-good night and I'll be one floor below if you ever need anything, okay?"

"Okay."

As they said their goodbye and goodnight to each other both sleeping more comfortable knowing how close the other was.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.7K 1.2K 10
Started: 2/17/20 Ended: 6/1/20 After the events with (A/n) A couple of weeks ago, class 1-A have visited their crush more frequently. Much to their t...
28K 552 8
Ochako Uraraka has been best friends with Izuku Midoriya since their first year at UA High School. She has also had a crush on him since then, but ha...
5.1K 78 12
Falling in love with the most unexpected person, she learns more about his personal life, and found he's different than what he seems. (Male Oc) (S...
137K 2.3K 39
It's a normal day for Izuku as he completes his normal routine and goes to school, along the way he runs into Yui Kodai, a quiet and Mysterious girl...