The Interview

By MasterJay246

The successful life of Marshall Mathers is being told in a documentary format. There are even inclusive inter... More

FEBRUARY 2019 - THE INTERVIEW
NOVEMBER 1998 (1)
NOVEMBER 1998 (3)
NOVEMBER 1998 (4)
NOVEMBER 1998 (5)
DECEMBER 1998 (6)
DECEMBER 1998 (7)
FEBRUARY 2019 - THE INTERVIEW
JANUARY 1999 (8)
JANUARY 1999 (9)
JANUARY 1999 (10)
JANUARY 1999 (11)
MARCH 1999 (12)
MARCH 1999 (13)

NOVEMBER 1998 (2)

593 13 5
By MasterJay246

It's been a good day. I got Cum on Everybody done in a timely manner and even started writing my next track, My Fault and I met Alana. She was a cute girl with hella talent and I liked that about her. She's had the aura about her that made me feel like she was star. I haven't even heard a actual song from her yet.

Anyways, I'm drivin' home so I can change my clothes to somethin' else. Ever since getting signed to Dre, people would expect to be in a big ass house with nice ass cars but I'm still broke as fuck living in a trailer. I got evicted from the house shortly after I left for the Rap Olympics so Kim moved in with her mom and took Hailie with her.

The only reason I'm workin' so hard everyday in the studio is for Hailie. I don't want her to struggle with life like I am. Hopefully, this album sells something good. I promised myself to always provide for her before I provide for myself.

I park in the driveway and lock the doors before entering my home. It was a mess, it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. I've been in the studio everyday just writing and thinking about things to write. I sometimes have to record a song multiple times or rewrite a verse or a whole song. I've had to scrap a few songs actually already.

That really sets back my progress. Still though, it's not a good reason for how dirty this place is. There are dirty clothes littered across the house. The dishes are stacked up and are flithy. It smells like shit in here too. I really need to clean up soon.

But not now sadly, I just stopped here to shower and change clothes so I can go to the club with Alana and Deshaun later. I don't know how Doody managed to invite himself into coming with us but he's there nonetheless.

I go to the bathroom and turn the shower head and a stream of cold water begins pouring on my body. I grabbed the soap and towel and began cleaning every inch of my body. Then, I got a bottle of shampoo and poured some in my blonde hair and scrubbed my head for about five minutes. I stuck my head underneath the water so I could wash out the shampoo and when it was all out, I turned the shower head again and the water stopped flowing.

Stepping outside of the shower, I was dripping water on the floor so I picked up my towel and dried myself. Quickly I placed my clothes on. I was wearing a plain white t-shirt, baggy gray sweatpants, a black beanie, and some white Nike's shoes.

I grabbed my keys from the counter and went back outside the house. I got in my car and started driving to the club. On the way there, I searched for the tape of instrumentals that Dre gave me to write. As I listened to one, an unintentional freestyle started to form.

"Hi kids! Do you like violence?/ Wanna see me stick Nine inch Nails, through each one of my eyelids?/Wanna copy me and do exactly like I did/Try 'cid and get fucked up worse that my life is?" I rapped as I bumped my head to the instrumental. Soon, I approached the car. I saw Deshaun and Alana standing there with some lady with blonde hair. She kinda looked like Kim from the back but I didn't see her face to good before she walked away.

I exited the car and then greeted Deshaun and Alana. I gave Deshaun a bro hug and Alana got a side-hug. Deshaun was about to tell me serious until Alana pulled me inside the club with her. I saw Deshaun just standing with an angry expression before pulling out a cigarette.

I wonder what that blonde bitch said to 'em. Even Alana had pursed her lips before the blonde girl turned away from the conversation. I wanted to ask but I didn't want to ruin the night before it begins.

I sit down on the bar stool and order myself a bottle of vodka and got some rum for Alana. Once the bartender served us our drinks, Alana stared at me with smile before taking a sip of her rum.

"Thanks for ordering for me, Em. I appreciate that." She said nervously while brushing her hair out of her face. When she did that, I got a good look at her eyes. Forest green. Oh my god, she's beautiful. Like not just sexy or cute. She's beautiful.

"Yea..." I said trailing off, observing her features. Her lips look so soft. I want to feel hers on my lips. I know it's wrong to think like that with Kim still around but I mean we're not dating...

"It was no problem. You're my homegirl now so doing this ain't a problem." I said, snapping back to reality. I hope she didn't notice how much I was staring but telling by her curious look, she knew.

I took a swig of vodka and start bumpin' my head to that music playing. Alana smiled and took another sip of her rum. She stared down and then back at me. "Hey, does my outfit look good or what?" She asked timidly. Swiftly, I reassured her.

"It's looks incredible, Alana. You're gorgeous." I said with a suave smile and taking another sip of the vodka. She smiled wholeheartedly and averted her eyes from mine.

I meant it. She looked great. She was a long-sleeved gray sweater and she was wearing the same beanie that I was. She wore a miniskirt and had tight black leggings on that hugged her figure nicely. She looked really good tonight.

"Hey Em. Me and Proof were talking and he told some things that I needed to know about you." She said with a serious expression. Damn it Doody. What did you say?

"Okay. What's up?" I retorted with actual interest. She looked around the bar, making sure no one else was listening to our conversation. She leaned in and whispered, "He told me about your mom. I'm sorry for not asking you first but I got curious. I know what it's like to come up in a broken home."

My mind started racing when mentioned my mom. I was mad and relieved and kinda sad too. Mad at Deshaun for telling my business without my knowledge. Relieved that Alana doesn't think differently of me. Upset that she went through something similar.

I just met her today but she seems so cool and just a actually good and she didn't deserve that come up. She pauses her speech before grabbing my bottle of vodka and taking a large gulp of it. Almost instantly, she seems more relaxed and started talking again.

"My dad was a cocaine addict. He got clean when I got in middle school but he wasn't around up until then. My mom had always treated me worse out of my step-siblings. Well... ex step-siblings. I don't know where she's at now. My dad is somewhere in Connecticut working a steady job." She said with a single tear rolling down her cheek. She quickly wiped it off and took another shot of vodka before giving it back to me.

She faked a smile and went to speak again. "I don't know why I told you that. You probably don't care. I just thought that since we both—" I quickly interjected before she finished her sentence.

"I do care. And I'm sorry about your mom, Alana. She's a bitch. Don't ever worry bout her anymore. You're onto bigger and better things now y'know?" I said reassuringly as I wrapped my arm around her consolingly.

"Thank you, Marshall. Or Em. Or Slim. Whichever you prefer to be called." She said with small chuckle. She stood up from the bar stool she had been sitting on and grabbed my wrist and pulled me to the dance floor.

Deshaun had already been dancing with a couple of cute girls so we decided to leave him alone. Alana and I were just listening to the music. It was Ruff Ryder's Anthem by DMX. It was a club hit. Everyone was erratic and happy. Alana started dancing and nudged me to do the same.

I smiled at her and obliged. I just couldn't deny someone with her smile. Even though the club was packed, it felt like it was just us there. I stop dancing just so I could stare at her for a bit. She's seriously such a beautiful girl. And she's not even an asshole either. She's the opposite of Kim in that regard.

"Marshall, who the fuck is that bitch?" Someone said with hostility. Turning around, I saw Kim with a disgruntled expression. I looked over at Alana, who was rightfully offended by what Kim said.

Before I could even say anything, Alana defended herself. "I'm not a bitch. My name is Alana and I'm his friend. We both work at the same label. We made a song together so we wanted to just come out and talk for a bit." Alana said with a slight glare at her. Kim narrowed her eyes in disbelief.

"Whatever, Marshall. I'm outta here. Don't ask to see me or Hailie. Bye." She said with a sadistic smile before she left, ruining our night and breaking my heart again. I didn't care if I don't see Kim but I love Hailie more than anything else in this world. I can't lose her.

"Fuck you Kim." I spat as she walked out of the club with two more of her ugly ass friends. Alana looked at me with sympathetic expression. So that confirms it. It was Kim who ruined Doody's mood earlier.

"Let's go outside and talk for a bit Marshall?" She requested in a soft voice. I looked at her and softened my expression and walked outside of the club by her side.

~~~

Okay so I was planning on everyday but I got super bored and just decided to write the this chapter today too. I may start on the third part after I publish this. I'm not sure. But I am sure that I really enjoy writing this story and it's very easy to write. Everything just comes so naturally when I write. Anyways the next chapter will be about Alana and Marshall talking about what happened here as well as Marshall finding out something important that inspires him to write a song. Well anyways, I hope you enjoyed the chapter and you're welcome for the double update ;) maybe if I get bored again, you'll get a triple update today... Have a good day or night (whenever you're reading this) Bye bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.1K 805 14
Back by popular demand! The fourth and final book in addition to the original "Meeting Marshall Mathers" trilogy. I dedicate this final book to all t...
30.2K 780 25
Charlotte Guyer, better known as Charlie, is a 26 year old tattoo artist. She still loves to live like a skateboarding teenager and is tomboy with a...
25.7K 612 43
Formerly know as - For the love of law -. Emma Mathews is a lawyer from Ireland, after heartache and fall out she decides to take up a job offer wor...
358K 12.6K 162
Tessa Sanchez Black is an singer from California. She's worked with many talanted people like Jay z, Beyoncé, Nas, LL cool J, Janet Jackson, Lil Kim...