Surviving a ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE.

Od Atsucraft

Bianca is a sweet girl who is always occupied by school work and guitar lessons with her tutor but she would... Viac

PLAN A
SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST.
EAT OR BE EATEN

THE SPREAD OF THE VIRUS

59 11 17
Od Atsucraft

CAST

BIANCA CARTER.
AGE 16.

DYLAN HUNTER.
AGE 15.

OLIVE GARCIA.
AGE 16.

BRUCE WALTER.
AGE 36.

Everyone,we're dating,shouted Dylan. No we're not,I shouted back in an awkward way. He was about to shout it again so I pushed him to my locker and whispered in his right ear,"you're lucky you're my best friend so I'm gonna give you a warning. Say that one more time and I'm gonna shove my shoe right up your nose,kick your shin and punch you in the gut". "We just broke up",yelled Dylan in fright.

I've been occupied with guitar lessons and school that I don't have any free time to myself to do some painting or ride a bike. It's just so frustration and I wish it could all stop.

Olive walked me home to keep me company. Olive is my other best friend that is a tad nerdy but really smart. We met in the second grade when we had to attend a field trip.

When I got home I did my homework and started on my project work for school tomorrow. Around ten I went to bed to catch some zzz.

When I woke up there was a note taped to the fridge by my parents.

"Honey,we went early for a friend's mother's funeral and would be back in about two days or less. Help yourself to some hamburgers".

I wasn't in the mood for hamburgers so I picked an apple from the fruit basket on the dining table and got ready for school.

At lunch a kid coughed in my food so I decided to just throw it away. "Are you gonna eat that",a boy asked me right before I was gonna dump it in the trash can with a smile plastered on his face. I dumped the macaroni and cheese on him and went early to my next class. During the class a few people complained of fever, cough, dizziness, slight changes in colour and texture of the skin and other symptoms. They were excused by Mr. Greenfield to attend to the clinic in the school and at the end of the day a lot of children reported severe cases of the same symptoms. Olive walked home with me and managed to convince Dylan to come with. They made themselves comfortable when we got home and I went to my room to finish up my assignment. When I was done with my assignment we watched a marathon on TV. By the time the marathon had ended it was around 8:30. "It sure is late, I'll call my mum to inform her that I'll spend the night in your house",said Olive. "Yay,having a sleep over is one of the things normal kids do,right?",I asked in excitement. "Yeah, and we could paint our nails and talk about boys", she added. "NO, I didn't agree to that",Dylan chipped in. "Well would you rather walk to your house in the dark or stay in a cozy home for just a night?",asked Olive strictly. "But I get to have my own room",He commanded. "Who in their right mind would want to spend a night in a room with all your snoring?",I asked. "Okay then it's final,we're staying here",quipped Olive. They called their parents and they were given permission.

Olive and I spent the whole night reading magazines of celebs under our covers and giggling how we should get interested in our lives and not the life of people we might never meet face to face. "We should probably get ready for bed cause we have school tomorrow",I said. "Yeah,probably", Olive agreed.

I woke up on my carpet and Olive had taken up all the space on my bed. I went to the kitchen surprised to find Dylan making a grilled cheese sandwich with fried egg. "Whoa, are you always this early to wake up?", I asked. "Yeah, my parents always taught me never to be tardy", he said. "You know the word is late,right?",I corrected. "Yeah,but "tardy" is more sophisticated. "But "late" is...
I was cut off by Olive coming into the kitchen fast paced saying"Have you guys checked the news". "No, why?", Dylan asked worriedly. We quickly jumped on the couch and switched on the TV. The news reporter said:-

"There's a new virus in town and it's called zalien. Half zombified, half alienfied. This vile disease causes the symptoms of fever, cough, swelling of the fingers, change in skin colour and texture, vomiting, nausea and in a duration of 13 hours to 24 hours become your own zombie like freak. Some people don't express the symptoms but some people show the symptoms immediately one attracts this disease. This virus has spread around in over 103 countries and leaves behind a green mist so if you see green fog don't inhale it. Instead find yourself a face mask and stay locked up in your homes and close all your windows. The virus can be spread through contact with an infected body, breathing on someone, droplets coming from your mouth touching someone, sneezing on someone or blood splatter. Do not stay in contact with people who have been previously outside and...

Before the news reporter could complete his message the signal became unstable. There was a long silence between the three of us but the silence was broking by someone screaming on TV. The signal was back and the news reporter had been GOTTEN. Dylan grabbed his phone and checked on the internet more information. The zombies were looking for more and more victims and the people who the zombies were trying to break into their homes were pleading for help. We had to take precautions so we locked up the front and back door, locked the windows and barricaded the doors.

Scientists have proven that the zombie infected people are really slow but they have other abilities to make up for that. They have a good sense of smell and sound and they are extremely strong. There hasn't been a cure yet and I don't there'll be much people risking their lives to get one. We were supposed to be isolated and not let anyone in our homes which included my parents. They were in Florida for someone's funeral and looking at the spread rate of this virus I think they've already been gotten. The government has been prepared for wars, floods, volcano eruptions, tsunamis, hurricanes, tornadoes and a lot others in the past but for a zombie apocalypse, keep on dreaming. Imagine going up to the president and saying,"Sir, we need to be ready for when the zombies take over". That's something an 8 year old child would say.

Dylan read on," If you think you've been in contact with an infected person lock yourself in doors and make sure that when you're zombified you can't break out".

Is this the end of the World as we know it. Are we gonna be cooped up in a house that can last us a few months of survival till we die from starvation or lack of enough water.

"Hey guys, remember the kids from school in history class, I bet they have the disease", Olive said. "Yeah, and in Gym",chipped Dylan. "And Algebra", I said. "This is bad cause a kid actually coughed in my food",I said. "And did you eat it?",Olive asked. "No I gave it to some other guy", I answered. "So that guy must have eaten a virus", said Dylan. "Yeah, I guess",I said. "Wait guys we were in contact with people showing symptoms", Olive said. "But I don't remember touching or going close to any of them so we must be safe",I said. "For now",Dylan said. "What do you mean by for now", Olive asked. "Umm... Yesterday I touched Mason's forehead to check his temperature cause he complained of a fever"Dylan confessed. "What, why would you do that",yelled Olive. "Well I didn't know", Dylan said. "Oh really, you just might've put Bianca and I in the spot of also carrying the disease", shouted Olive. "Olive you don't need to get angry", I said trying to calm her down. "Why shouldn't I be upset. We're stuck in a house with a time ticking bomb waiting to be zombified and also infect us. Do you know that if I become a zombie I would be greenish and disgustingly ugly",said Olive worriedly. "You're over exaggerating and since when did you start caring about looks?", I asked. "Since it might be my last day on earth of looking pretty",said Olive. "More like pretty... ugly", Dylan whispered to himself under his breath. "You don't have any fashion sense",Olive yelled at Dylan. "Okay guys don't start a fight cause the last thing I wanna here is the two of you fighting before I'm zombified",I said.

"This virus has spread world wide and fast which means we can't be at home forever",I said. "That"s knowledgeable",agreed Olive. "But were else should we stay when we leave?",asked Dylan. "I don't know but it has to be safer than here", I said. "Duhhhh",said Dylan.

Olive left and came back a few minutes later with new clothes on.

"Hey,did you prepare for the sleep over so you brought more clothes?",I asked. "Nah, I just stole your clothes from your closet",said Olive in an obvious tone. Dylan said,"I also want clean clothes to wear". "As you can see, I am a girl not a boy so if you want girl clothes to wear, I'm all yours,"I said. Dylan sighed,"No kidding". "Don't worry, you can go to the laundry room and take out some clothes my brother left behind before going of to Canada. Dylan grabbed some clean clothes and met Olive and I back in the room. Suddenly we heard some noice from the radio in the kitchen. It was very faint and there were a lot of scratches during the read but we picked up some part of it.

"...to the Military camp at ... I repeat aga... If you're not safe please report to... at..."

Basically,all that it was trying to say was that we should go to a military camp if we were not safe. But the location of the camp is the problem we have. We couldn't here the location which makes it much more tough but for now we may be safe. I just hope my parents are too.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

706K 24.7K 149
Urban legends and myths from around the world will be published here.
7K 246 24
A collection of my original platonic yandere one shots and short stories. This book will not be related to any sort of challenge and will be updated...
8K 111 31
Boo 👻 "Seringkali merasa diperhatikan. Namun aku salah. Selama ini aku yang memperhatikan mereka dan mereka tersenyum sebab mengetahuinya." -S Cerit...
208K 3.8K 9
𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐬 | 𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝 ╭┈─────── ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ- ╰┈➤ ❝ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐚𝐭�...