Beyond Her DREAMS🌟 {A Nigeri...

By MadamToree

Wattysng2020 Completed✅ #1 in Nigerianromance. .............................. The story of a young, beaut... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Characters Facial Impressions.
Chapter ONE.
Chapter TWO.
Chapter THREE.
Chapter FOUR.
Chapter FIVE.
Chapter SIX.
Chapter SEVEN.
Chapter EIGHT.
Chapter NINE.
Chapter TEN.
Chapter ELEVEN.
Chapter TWELVE.
Chapter FOURTEEN.
Chapter FIFTEEN.
Chapter SIXTEEN.
Chapter SEVENTEEN.
Chapter EIGHTEEN.
Chapter NINETEEN.
Chapter TWENTY.
Chapter TWENTY-ONE.
Chapter TWENTY-TWO.
Chapter TWENTY-THREE.
Chapter TWENTY-FOUR.
Chapter TWENTY-FIVE.
Chapter TWENTY-SIX.
Chapter TWENTY-SEVEN.
EPILOGUE.
AUTHOR'S NOTE.

Chapter THIRTEEN.

1.3K 239 344
By MadamToree

Hi guys, it's me again! :-D
I just wanna say thank you to all of you that has given my book a chance. (Teary)
The love Is real here mehn.. (sniffs)
I'm so excited to release the next few chapters that are coming! Yup!
P. S: THAT'S A FACIAL IMPRESSION OF ALEX'S JUNIOR SISTER. (Fayokunmi Williams.)
I love love love Keke palmer. She just gives that classic model vibes mehn.. I know y'all will love her too...
Don't let me take too much of your time..
Shout out to: ishpep Nophisat Teefabulous Love_Roxy17 Pavillah Toluwanijolaiya thanks alot guys.
Enjoy....

............................

*sola*

I didn't realize how long I'd been sitting there, on the hard woody bench, with my bag gripped tightly in my hands.
My mind felt numb, my head was still swimming from the nausea. I took in deep, fast breaths, but it still felt shallow.
I rubbed my hands over my face, trying to make myself feel better, but everything proved useless and futile.

"Miss ojo?" The nurse called, snapping me out of my wild thoughts. "You can come in now."

I smiled in appreciation as I went into the small pharmacy, giving the previous customer space to walk out of the checkup room.

"Please sit." said the nurse.
I obeyed. I had been having a terrible stomach bug, causing me to vomit almost all the time which was giving me problems at my new work place.

Two months after my separation with.. Alex. I was working as a waitress at a bar located in ijesha. In this two months and few days, my life had changed. And not in a good way.
I felt my eyes start to water as a wave of pity flashed through me. Pity for myself, pity for my regrets, pity for my shattered dreams, pity for my future.
No. I shook my head vehemently. I wouldn't dwell on it any longer. I had to stop this. Stop this! Sola!.

"So... how are you feeling presently, miss ojo?"
I turned to the nurse and smiled at her, warmly.

"I'm feeling quite well ma. And call me Sola." I replied her in a cheerful tone that was completely false.
"Okay. Sola." she answered, smiling back.
"After I checked you up, I realized.. Fatigue must also be the cause of your morning sickness. You work a lot right?"

I visibly relaxed. Fatigue? That was a normal thing. I nodded my head, answering her question.
"Sola, it's not a good idea to stress yourself too much in this condition. I recomm—"

"What.. What condition do you mean nurse?"

"You are nine weeks pregnant, Sola."

I automatically froze, staring at the nurse in disbelief. I felt my body start to tremble violently without control.
No. That could not be true. It was impossible. Yet I knew I had the fear of that in my mind when I'd missed my period for awhile. I was still in denial as I glared at the nurse, shaking my head sharply.

"Preg.. Pregnant? Me?"

The nurse looked at me, confused. She nodded her head, confirming the impossible.
"Yes, Sola. You're pregnant. Two months and some"

I gulped in big bags of air as I felt my throat dry off in desperation. Of all the things to happen to me, this couldn't be it. No. It just couldn't be.

"Nurse.. You.. You have to be mistaken.. Please, tell me it's a mistake!!" I practically screamed, rambling widely on my chair as the nurse stared at me with shocked alarm.

"Sola, calm down. Calm down. You'll be fine. Tell me... When last have you been intimate with your partner?"

I could hardly give any reply because of the shock I was still trying to recover from.
"Um... About last two months.. Maybe? We.. We broke up."
The nurse nodded her head silently in understanding. I noticed the look she gave me. Pity. I felt my head recoil in shame. So then, this was the price I had to pay for letting myself get used and being stupid enough to fall for a terrible man. For once, I opened up my shell. And this was what came out of it. This was how my life had turned out. Pregnant and poor. And alone. God! Why!!.

" So... The father is not in the picture? The father of the baby I mean."
"No." I replied sternly. Shaking my head.
What was I going to do? I couldn't keep this baby, I could hardly fend for myself. How was I going to take care of this child? This unborn child.. Who is a symbol of... No. I wouldn't mention his name.

"I hope you're not considering an abortion?" the nurse asked as if she read my mind immediately.
She continued. "Because, I strongly advise you not to attempt any form of abortion. That could damage your womb or even take your life."

I stared at her in shock. "Why...?" I whispered.

She sighed, smiling at me. "Because Sola, this baby has almost passed the first trimester of your pregnancy, any abortion is going to be fatal for you. I'm not ordering you to not abort it, but it's my advice for you, dear."

Without her explanation, I knew I wouldn't have the mind to kill my baby. My hands instinctively curved around my abdomen. I felt my stomach, which was still visibly flat. I felt a strong wave of protectiveness wash through me, for the little one that was inside of me.
"Thanks so much ma. I will take care of my self."

She smiled at me. Then she moved to her shelf and gave me some drugs, prescribing the time and quantity for me to take.
After awhile, I left the pharmacy, dread filling me at the thought of the new place I now called, home.

My mind flashed back to how everything had changed drastically in my life two months ago.
I remembered waking up on that Monday morning, my head burning with a crazy migraine. I had tried to remember the activities I had done the other night, if I had taken any alcohol, but I couldn't remember.

I only scarcely remembered chilling at home with Clara.
I felt my eyes water as the pain crashed though me, again. How Alex had ruthlessly dumped me.

That Monday, I had tried to reach Alex but couldn't. He either kept cutting my calls or ignored. I remember how angry I felt, thinking he was just trying to frustrate me.

Then when it was night time, Alex had called me himself, told me he wanted me to come see him.

"Oh! So you can call me now, after ignoring all my calls and texts right??!" I had snapped at him on the phone.

"Sugar, my driver is already outside waiting for you. Don't be late." he had replied in a clipped tone.
I had eventually hopped into the car, thinking he wanted to surprise in some way.
When I arrived at his place, he'd carried me straight into his room, locking the door and ravished me all night.

I'd been so happy and wanton as he made love to me over and over with such intensity that I'd never experienced. I'd even watched him cry, albeit a little, when he released into me. His face had been filled with anguish and frustration as he took me to the edge of immense pleasure and back again.

I had fallen asleep in his sweet strong arms, feeling so worn out and happy.
But everything had crashed down the next morning when Alex dumped me.

"Sola! Get up!" I'd jerked awake in fear as he pulled the sheets away and exposed my fully naked body.
He'd been fully dressed, black suit. Tie,shoes and all. Looking incredibly handsome.

"What's wrong Alex?" I'd asked sleepily as I slowly sat up, naked.

Before I knew what had happened, Alex had grabbed my arms, and shoved me, pushing me roughly to the wall of the room ruthlessly.

"I want you to get the fuck out. NOW!" he had roared in my face. His face taut with barely leashed anger.
"Alex! What's gotten into you? What's wrong??"

He'd laughed so harshly that I'd shivered from the impact, wondering why he was so angry at me. Was it something I had said last night? Had I been rude to him?

"You bitch! What did you think? That I was going to worship you?" He did that annoying laugh thing again. My face had scrunched up in fury.

"You are nothing but a worthless whore! Who uses her body to ensnare unsuspecting men. You are a scam!"
Unable to contain my anger, I'd slapped him. Hard across the face. Shocked with what he was saying of me. How could he accuse me of being a prostitute? When I'd been a virgin!.

He had smiled harshly, rubbing the side of his face where I had cracked him. Hard.

"Thanks for your service, sugar. I'm done with your body. You can get the hell out when you're ready. And... Don't you ever try to bother calling or texting me. Else you shall regret it all your life."

With that said, he had walked out. Leaving me standing naked and confused and heartbroken in the room.

I'd slid down on the ground and cried my eyes out, hating myself for the way I had allowed him to treat me. My pride had been hurt and my virtue shattered.
It felt like I was in a bizarre nightmare. Trying to pinch myself to wake up. But it wasn't a nightmare. It was real life. And I was dead inside.

I'd gone back to work that day, feeling terrible that Mr Ben had asked me to take the day off. Clara had asked me what was wrong, and I had told her everything, crying hysterically as she had tried to console and comfort me.

"I knew that man was bad news. I didn't want you to get hurt my darling. I'm so so sorry." she had whispered, petting my disarrayed hair.

I'd tried to pull myself together each day at work, day by day. But then the worst had happened the next week.

I'd been giving orders to few of the staffs on strategies we needed to implement on a new urgent project, when Mr Ben had called for me to see him in his office.

"Sit miss Sola." he had said sternly. His expression hard.
Before I could ask what the problem was, he had handed a letter over to me, asking me to open and read it.

I remembered the shock I'd felt when I read the brief sack letter. Indicating my time here was over.

"I.. I don't understand this, Mr Ben. Please!" I had cried to him in confusion.
Then I noticed his face soften, the look on his face now portrayed so much sadness and pity for me.

"I'm sorry Sola, this order came directly from the CEO. He wants you out of the restaurant as soon as possible. I'm really really sorry. I tried to reason with him, to give you a chance because you've always been an exceptional worker. But he had blindly refused, saying he didn't want a fraudster working for him."

"Me?! Fraudster?! I've never stolen anything in my life! Mr Ben please! I have done nothing wrong!" by that time, tears of agony had started streaming down my face, trying to grasp onto the last thread of control within me, I'd started sobbing silently, trembling with the force of the shock I felt gripping my whole body.

"Believe me, Sola. If it was up to me, I would have helped you out. But I have no say in the matter. I'm sorry once again Sola."

"Ah! No! No no no, please sir. I beg you in the name of God! Don't let this happen to me! I have no where to go to. Please sir! Please!!"
I was openly crying now, kneeling down on the lush tiles on the ground, desperately begging him.

He had stared at me for a while, then he'd picked up a pen and paper, writing something I couldn't make out because of my tears and shameful situation.

" Take this." I immediately collected the paper he stretched to me, hoping it was some sort of plea to give to the chairman of the company.
"This is someone I know, give her a call and she might help you get a manageable job. But that's all I can do Sola."

"So, I've been truly sacked?" I asked as another fresh batch of tears filled my eyes and streamed down my face.
I saw the look of regret and sadness cross Mr Ben's eyes. I even saw his eyes grow moist a bit, and I knew he really couldn't help me. All was lost.

"You've been a good girl Sola. I hope things come out well for you." he Stood up and moved to open the door, he turned back to me, while I was still sitting on the chair, wallowing in despair.

"I'll give you some moment to pull yourself together before you grab your things and leave, I'll be leaving now for a short meeting, by the time I'm back, I hope to see that you have vacated the premises."
He had walked out. Leaving me behind.

I didn't think things could get any worse, but it had. That night, when I was at home with Clara, after she had told me she needed to tell me something urgent.

"Sola.. I.. My.." she had stuttered, looking at me guiltily.
Before she had even said it, I knew what was about to happen.
"I'm sorry Sola, after my parents heard that you got sacked at work, due to an accusation of theft, they ordered that you immediately pack your things and leave."

I'd simply smiled at her. Nodding my head in agreement because I knew I didn't have the strength to cry or beg.
"Al...Alright Clara, I'll.. I'll get a place I can stay before the end of this week. Please."

She had smiled warmly at me, with tears in her eyes. Then She had jumped into me and hugged me tightly, sobbing silently.

"oh, I'll miss you my dear Sola. I'm so so so sorry." she had said, her voice broken with the after effects of crying.

Tears had streamed ceremoniously down my face to as I'd grabbed her forehead and kissed her.
"Greet your parents for me would ya? Tell them I'm so grateful for everything they've done for me. Tell them I love them."

She had nodded, smiling at me.
The next week, I'd called the number Mr Ben and given to me and she had directed me to the place I worked presently. And that's where I had met a girl, Amina who stayed in a one room apartment in the local areas of ijesha. It was called face-me-I-face-you. She'd been in need of a roommate to foot the bills and I'd graciously stepped in, thankful for the miraculous offer.

The place was very distasteful, but it was all I had. I had no one. Absolutely no one to support me. I and Amina quickly became friends, we went to work together and came back home together. Amina was a very playful, outgoing girl.
She was also a part time runs girl. (prostitute.)

And that was how my life changed. I was still grateful to have a roof over my head. My hand snaked down to my stomach.

"Don't worry, my little one. Everything will be just fine." I whispered, drying my tears and setting my chin high.

I opened the door to our room, stepped inside and locked the door before breaking down into feats of silent, heartbreaking tears.

..................................

End of chapter 12 guys.
How do you feel about this chapter?
I'm sorry if you felt sad.. I also felt sad writing this chapter. :(
But.. Let's look on the bright side guys! (smiles)
Stay safe guys. Love you❤️
Please don't forget to vote, comment and share. Thanks a bunch ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5M 404K 54
When bubbly Emerson Kachi Smith starts working for the handsome Lucas Hendrix, she quickly discovers there's something hot and untamed behind his col...
73.7K 10.7K 44
|| Farida was no doubt a hard worker. She was never one to back down from a task and everyone at work loved her for that. Well, everyone but her bos...
77.5K 12K 38
Sophia gets a job offer to be a private nurse for a temporarily crippled man for three months. She doesn't hesitate before accepting. After all, the...
405K 54.6K 73
When Maduka meets Nwanyieze, he is certain they are meant to be. He knows she is a woman with secrets, but he cannot stay away from her. He also has...