Love is not always Sweet

By anjuarshi

Hello friends... 😊😊 This is my another arshi story... not a new concept, though... I always disliked the w... More

prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
Chapter 28
chapter 29

chapter 20

4K 294 36
By anjuarshi

Both Arnav and Khushi enter the house while following Lavanya... They saw Lavanya's parents already sitting in the living room... Lavanya introduced them to Khushi...

Lavanya(pointing them): Khushi, meet my parents... My mom Shruthi and my dad Rajeev...

Khushi immediately joins her palms and greets them... They smile at Khushi, getting up...

Shruthi: so, you are the one who changed our daughter...

Khushi smiled uncomfortably...

Rajeev: you brought out the beautiful woman inside my daughter Khushi... Thank you... (he smiled)

Khushi: she was always a beautiful woman... and I met a great friend inside her who could be as crazy as I was...

Lavanya smiled and hugged Khushi... She looked at her parents and spoke...

Lavanya: you both can talk to ASR... I am taking Khushi to my room...

Saying that, Lavanya drags Khushi to her room...

***

Lavanya: I am glad, I could see you after these many months...

Khushi: I am happy too... I don't know that you live in Lucknow...

Lavanya: actually, this is my grandmother's house... She went to temple... So, I couldn't introduce her to you... Mom and Dad returned from states recently to start my wedding preparations...

Khushi: oh... wait... Wedding?

Lavanya(smiling brightly): yes Chamkeli... I am getting married soon... See... (she showed her engagement ring)

Khushi: wow... love or arranged?

Lavanya: Amit and I met in a business meeting... Their company used to supply raw materials for us... He started flirting with me which I ignored completely because ASR was still there in my mind... but after some time, I started enjoying his company... He was one of the good friend who cared about me so much... I told him about ASR and when he proposed me finally, I knew that I could be happy with him for my entire life... So, I accepted him... I don't know if I am in love with him completely but I love his presence in my life more than anything... I am happy with my decision... I said the same to him and he was supportive... So here we are... My marriage preparations...

Khushi: I am very happy for you, Lavanyaji... (she said while hugging Lavanya)

Lavanya: thanks Chamkili...

They pulled back and Khushi could see the spark in her eyes... Obviously, she could see how happy Lavanya looked...

Lavanya: I never thought I could move on from my feelings towards ASR... but now, I see him just as my friend...

Khushi thought for a moment before speaking again...

Khushi: Lavanyaji, can I ask you a question?

Lavanya: oh come on Chamkeli... You know, you can ask anything...

Khushi: how... how did you move on?

Lavanya let out a deep breathe and spoke while holding Khushi's palms...

Lavanya: I know what happened between you and ASR, Khushi... ASR told me... and no matter what, I will be there with you... If you want to move on, I will help you with it...

Khushi: you think, I can do it?

Lavanya: it depends on how much you want to start your life afresh...

Khushi: I started it already, Lavanyaji... I moved to Lucknow... started sweet shop again... I tried my best to take off my mind from my past...

Lavanya: I know... I know... but you need some change in your life... don't worry... I will help you with that... You once taught me how I could be a beautiful woman... and now, I will teach you how to move on and restart your life...

Khushi: you think, I could forget all those feelings that I carried for him...

Lavanya: may be... may be not... but you don't have to keep worrying about the possibilities... My pre-wedding rituals will start in a week and I want you to be my side, forgetting about ASR...

Khushi sighed and nodded her head...

Lavanya(palming Khushi's cheek): the more you involve in other activities, the more you can keep your mind off from his thoughts...

Khushi nodded her head even though it seemed not so easy to her...

Lavanya: great... then, you are going to meet my fiancee tomorrow...

Khushi: but I need to go to the shop... I was not there in Lucknow because... (she paused and continued) wait... Lavanyaji, do you know about di's delivery...

Lavanya(smiling): I know, Chamkeli... I video called her yesterday and saw the baby too...

Khushi smiled to that and got up...

Khushi: I need to go, Lavanyaji...

Lavanya(nodding her head): will see you tomorrow...

Khushi: I may not come...

Lavanya: we will see Chamkeli...

Khushi just smiled and both of them walked out... Khushi bid bye to the family and walked out along with Arnav...

***

Both of them stayed silent in the car until Arnav spoke up...

Arnav: Lavanya seemed very eager to meet you since she returned to Lucknow... I hope you don't mind taking you there without informing you prior...

Khushi: it's okay... I am happy that I could meet her after these many months... and I am more than happy that she is getting married with a person who loves her and cares about her...

Arnav: unlike me... (he continued)

Khushi looked at him instantly and remained silent after that... After some time, Khushi placed a question...

Khushi: can I ask you something? Why did you end your relationship with Lavanyaji so suddenly?

If Arnav had to answer this question three months back, he would have answered that their relationship could never work out... but now... He knew he could never be in a relation with anyone other than Khushi... She consumed his mind since she entered into his life... but he couldn't say that to her... He already made up his mind to change her and her life back to normal... not to impose his feelings on her... So, he answered in the only way he could...

Arnav: because I was never there in that relationship, Khushi... It was only Lavanya who put efforts... I felt as if I was cheating on her from my end...

Khushi could see how much he didn't like himself for doing that to Lavanya by letting her have hopes on him...

Khushi: you could never handle a relationship, could you? You wanted to keep Lavanyaji in your house without marriage... then, you forcefully married me on contract basis...

Arnav gulped down the pain while still driving the car... Khushi continued speaking with her tone turning softer...

Khushi: but do you know that there is one relation where you excel... (she spoke after a pause) you are the best brother...

Arnav watched her when she said that... For a second, he felt relieved that he could hear something positive about him from her...

Khushi: the way you care for her... the way you listen to her words even if you don't believe in them... your concern for her... every gesture towards her is the best... Sometimes, I even felt jealous that I couldn't see the same concern in your eyes for me... but now I know that there was only hatred planted in your heart towards me... concern was way too far...

Arnav heart felt heavy after hearing those words...

Arnav: I am sorry that you had to experience my hatred even though you never deserved it in the first place... You are a pure and innocent soul, Khushi... and I won't stop apologizing for what I had put you through...

Both of them stayed silent after that until they reached Khushi's place... Khushi got down the car followed by Arnav... It was already night when they reached...

Arnav: don't worry about your luggage... I already asked someone to grab our luggage in the next station after we got down... You will get it tomorrow morning...

Khushi(nodding her head): thank you...

Arnav: good night, Khushi...

Khushi: good night...

Khushi walked some distance and turned back to see Arnav still staring at her while leaning on his car... She turned around and walked away fastly...

***

Khushi changed into her night clothes and stood near the window... So much has changed during her stay in Delhi... Anjali delivered a baby girl... She cleared things with Arnav and even asked for legal seperation... but technically, their contract already ended... She is no more his wife... Her hands automatically touched the mangulsutra on her neck and the same heavy feeling settled in her heart... Actually, she didn't have complete rights on it... She was a contract wife to him... They didn't follow a single ritual... that nuptial thread was just a normal thread in their marriage which Arnav used to tie her to him for six months... Their contract already got terminated but she couldn't show enough courage to remove that thread... She gripped it tightly and turned to look at the Devi Maiya idol gifted by Arnav, still residing in her room with the same smile... Today, she decided to move on in her life... but could she forget Arnav who still occupied her thoughts?

***

Arnav sat on the couch in his room... It was the same house where his Nani brought him and his di after their parents death... Though his di had many memories in that house, he barely had few... He was out studying and making money all the time... Now, he was in the same house while his family stayed in Delhi... He let out a deep sigh when his cellphone started ringing... He took it in his hands and saw the caller... It was Lavanya who called him and he answered it...

Arnav: I am very tired, Lavanya...

Lavanya: okay ASR... I called you to tell that I am going to Khushi's sweet shop tomorrow... you want me to help Khushi to move on with her life, I will do it... because I am her friend and I will do it for her... She deserves happiness... I know... I understand... but I still don't know how I could be the one to bring that change in her life... 

Arnav: not just you, Lavanya... your marriage will give us enough chances to bring her back... We both know how much she liked marriages... I am the one who left bitter memories of marriage in her life... We should wipe them off first... You should involve her in your marriage preparations so much that she could gather only happy memories... and if I have to distance myself for that to happen, I will do that...

Lavanya: what do you mean by that?

Arnav: I will send divorce papers with our contract termination to end this fake marriage and free her...

Lavanya: no way, ASR... You know, you are going to attend my marriage and seeing you will only remind her everything including your divorce... I don't know if it would bring positive or negative change but I don't want my marriage with you both parting ways and staying sad with each others thoughts... Please, put that divorce matter on hold until my marriage...

Arnav stays silent on the other end...

Lavanya: hello... ASR... are you there?

Arnav: I am feeling sleepy, Lavanya... Let me talk to you tomorrow...

Saying that, he cuts the call before Lavanya could speak anything...

***

Arnav just wanted to make Khushi forget her pain and enjoy her life like she used to... Lavanya accepted to help her friend in that matter when Arnav told her everything about what happened... She knew it was Arnav's fault and she couldn't expect more from him... If only he hadn't pushed his feelings for Khushi, this could have been avoided... Lavanya might have agreed with Arnav's decision but she couldn't let them stay like that... She internally planned to make them be at least like friends...

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.4K 1.4K 11
Arnav, a Proud Airforce officer who worship his duty. He got married to Khushi, a shy girl but with strong determination. Their marriage was an arran...
472K 17.1K 24
What if Arnav didn't make it to the rooftop in time to witness the scene that broke his heart? How will he deal with Khushi's confession? How will th...
7.1K 601 5
She loves someone she can't have. He loves someone he shouldn't have. This is exactly what happened when Arnav met Khushi while he was in a steady re...
111K 4.2K 12
Khushi rescues Arnav from Shyam's clutches. Arnav and Khushi returns safely to Raizada Mansion. Khushi confrontation with Shyam takes place, NK suppo...