Falling To Peices

By DarkThoughts22

After her Mothers strange death, Blake Colby is led back to her childhood town, Boulder Colorado. She returns... More

Feeling Her
Familiar Faces
Dirty Looks and Unusual Talks
Days Never End
Deep Thoughts
Never Ending News
Never Ending News Part 2
Company Loves its Misery
Early Mornings
Answers Spill Out
Rude Awakenings
News to Me
Understanding
A Surprise at the End
A Day with Jayden
Stories That Explain All
To Grandmother's House We Go
A Visitor To Stay
Don't Get Ahead Of Yourself Kid
Naked
Being Free
Try to Behave
Hunt or be Hunted
Time to Die
Saying Goodbye

Hiding From The Boogey Man, Or So To Speak

16 0 0
By DarkThoughts22

Hey Guys! Thank you so much for helping me reach my goal of 200 reads!(: It means so much to me! Enjoy!!

Chapter 24

We reach our destination hide out in a day in a half. The sun is slowly parking away with red's and pinks flowing the sky all around me. I don't know where we are or what town but it seems very warm here. There is snow on the ground but not as much as back in Colorado.

I get out of the car tired from the drive, Christian grabs my things and huddles me into his armpit and shoos me inside the tall building. We reach the inside of the lobby where we find a dark haired girl sitting behind a counter with her feet up reading a cosmo magazine. "Hello welcome to the hampton's how may I help you?" She says in a monotone voice.

"I need two rooms, right next to eachother with ajoining doors. You will not tell anyone is here, the rooms we have are being managed in some sort." He says to her, her eyes locked on his face. She looks like a zombie.

"Understand." Christian growls at her. She says a short, "Yes." And we are on our way to our bedroom with the two room keys in hand. "What was that?" I ask him when we arrive in the elevator. She was like hypnotized or something.

"I compelled her, one of the many tricks you learn when you are a wolf." He smiles a little the first I have seen in a while. "Have you ever done it to me?" I ask him curiously. But why would he?

"I have made you forget things, its completely different."He assures me. He has made me forget things, what kind of things? Important things?

"Like what?" I ask wanting more out of him. "Just about your mother, you would have terrible nightmares you would scream and wake the whole pack up. And about me biting you." He murmurs.

I would scream in my sleep? I don't remember those dreams. "But I still remember you doing it Christian." I tell him honestly. And the weird thing is I"m not mad. I've had too many good moments to be upset with him.

"I told you not to be angry or upset with me, well because I promised myself I would be there with you through it all. And I'm sorry I missed some of it and broke my promise." He chatters on and then our elevator dings and opens and the conversation ends there.

The smell of the hotel here isn't like other hotels. It smells of butterscotch and peppermints. It smells more clean. When we reach our room and open the door the hotel room is lifted with candle smells. Vanilla, carmel, and apple spice they send me to a place I enjoy very much.

The paradise of sleep.

************************************************************************

Christian's P.O.V.

I watch Blake sleep as she finally comes over her asking questions. I"m surprised she hasn't asked about Jayden since we had packed into the car.

Speak of the devil he booms right into our hotel room the door that connects the room. I quickly shut the door to the bedrooms where Blake sleeps and try to control my noisy brother. "Christian! You have to look at this, its amazing I have five fingers!" He screams and I shush him and push him back through where he came.

"Jayden be quiet please." I beg him covering his mouth. He nods his head like a small child promised a peice of candy. I sit him on the bed and take off his shoes and coat. "Lay down." I tell him and he does. Its like watching Kane or Will again.

"Oh I see you have found your brother Jayden." I look to my left and see Megan in only a towel hair soaking wet stuck to her back. I growl at her angry for what she has done to Jayden.

"What did you do?" I say to her coming closer pointing at him on the bed.

She opens her mouth and puts her hand on her chest, "Me, what did Blake do to him? She left him in the woods to die! She isn't no wolf! She is a coward." She says in a cold heartedly way.

"You and Jayden see right through that don't you. You guys don't get it, I"m here to protect her as much as you want to Christian. But I need you to understand she isn't made to be a wolf." She stops and see's I have been hurt by her words. She frowns and turns back into the bathroom and shuts the door.

"She is mad at-chew for liking Blake." Jayden slurs his words smushing them all up together.

"Jayden, just shut up." I say before leaving the room.

**********************************************************

When I awake it is still dark outside. I look up across the room and see Christian fast asleep on his bed rolled over on his stomache cuddling a pillow with his head and hands. His breaths as he sleeps are heavy, I can see his muscles through his shirt. I try to focus on getting up and using the bathroom.

I quietly get up and put my feet on the floor and step toward the closed door frames.

"Where are you going?" Christian asks through the pillow. He frightens me a bit so I jumped a little.

"Bathroom, just the bathroom." I assure him and continue my way when he doesn't say anything more.

I flush the toilet bowl clean and come out with a washed face and hands. I stop when I reach the double door into the other room.

The room Jayden is asleep in. I look into the bedroom and hear silence. Should I? I ask myself.

I creak open the double door to Jayden's room but then it slams shut frightening me. I turn around to find Christian with her hand pressed against the door.

"Bed. Now." The two words say a lot in his tone.

It means he is pissed at me for even trying.

***************************************************

I haven't had Ihop in almost two years, I know, how could you go without deliscious crapes and french toast filled breakfast for two years. I don't know how I managed.

I scarf down my second helping of stuffed french toast along with a sip of my orange juice while Christian sits calmly across from me sipping his coffee. I finish the last bite and scoot the plate away from me.

"Talk." I tell him almost in a commanding way. "What's wrong with Jayden." I ask him getting to the point. Jayden and Megan are still at the hotel room on hide out.

"Blake, Jayden hasn't had a drop of human blood in almost fifty years. When he bit or killed whoever it was that thirst triggered something dangerous in him. This happened to him before and Megan helped him get through it. If he comes any where near you, he could..." He stops hoping I get the image.

Thats why he was hypnotized in the bathroom. "He kept repeating himself that he had killed him. But who? He was laughing about it too. Will he be okay?" I ask him hoping he can answer all of my questions at once.

"Just focus on you okay, Blake. Can you do that for me?" He asks me sipping some more out of his white coffee cup. I nod in agreement but Jayden still runs through my mind.

"Then lets get back before anyone suspects we are out to brunch." He flashes me a quick smile but then it disapears as fast as it came.

********************

************

 Back in the hotel room I try to figure out the tv. Its dish and dish is something I really dislike. I flip through the channels and settle for Planet of the Apes.

I watch enough to get bored with it and then lay down and look at the ceiling. "You ready?" I look up and find Christian in sweatpants and a blue t shirt. Wow. "For?" I ask moving my eyes away from his body.

"To see Jayden." He gives up. Yes finally! I jump off the bed, but before I could go for the door I ask, "What changed your mind?" I ask knowing there has to be a catch. He shakes his head, "I just know how much you care for him and come to like him and I know he feels the same. No tricks." He flashes a small smile like at the resteraunt and then goes toward the door that leads into Jayden's room.

I follow him in and hear the tv scream blows of gun shots. Christian stays right by my side as we stand in the middle of the room. "No one's in here." I tell him already knowing he knows.

"Megan!?" Christian screams and heads toward the bathroom where a light gleams. While Christian is in the bathroom I make my way across the room to the window which is blowing the curtains away.

Why would the window be open? I ask myself.

But the window isn't open, someone broke in to the hotel room.

Someone stole Jayden as well? Or did he just run off on himself? "Blake. Get in the room and lock all the doors and windows. Don't let anyone in you understand?" He barks at me from the bathroom. I rush toward the double door and go to open the golden handle but notice its already moving on its own.

What the hell? It flies open and I back away and find the scruffed face man that I have come to know as the wolf hunter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Lightstringers By Hanna_EE04

Mystery / Thriller

34 26 26
After her mum died she and her father moved into a new town. Stranger things keep happening to her and she finds herself in an unknown place and her...
36 0 1
When Ariel's friends convince her to go out for a ladies night with them, she doesn't realize her whole life is about to change. She meets Blake, a h...
421 109 20
When people are after Nora Hale and her brother Jason, for being a rare type of wolf. Things end badly for them. Nora, trapped in the woods with with...
32.9K 684 2
He makes her feel rejected. Makes her feel like she is nothing to him. Makes her feel unwanted. <><><><><><><><> Katie cannot figur...