PopeeXReader // ONESHOTS!

By Denice_at_13

Have you ever wanted love or have a fictional valentine like Popee? Well reader, you're in the right place! W... More

The Encounter
"Smile for me, will ya?"
Manly Confrontation [REQUEST/DISCONTINUED]

Applause!

5.1K 131 106
By Denice_at_13

[I MADE THIS WHEN I WAS 13 AND ITS CRINGEEE LOL. I HOPE YOU LIKE IT EITHER WAY THO!]

(Welcome to our 3rd ONESHOT! Before you start reading, I just want to inform you reader that the world we'll be unfolding is when both (Y/N) and Popee are a bit younger)

•••

•••

Not even seconds in, our lovely protagonist, (Y/N), was already found on the move.

She tried leaving their home hastily, without permission from her parents. Of course, she didn't left unnoticed. As hard as she tried to leave secretly, some neighbors managed to steal a glance at (Y/N)'s escape.

She may have escaped, but every escape leaves a trail behind.

[[ 10 minutes earlier ]]

"But moooooom-!" (Y/N) roughly shook her mother's apron as she gave her a stern look.

"How many times do I have to tell you? When I say no, it means no." Her mother answered back with a sweet smile but her words sounding firm. This reply from her mother, was not the reply her daughter was aiming for.

This question and answer thingy lasted for a while, I mean knowing (Y/N), who wouldn't be surprised if this kind of scenario were to happen. To some people, (Y/N)'s tough attitude come off as unpleasant but those close to her thinks not. They loved her for what she is, and they'll always love her for staying like this.

Her mother, now full of her own daughter's persistent blabbering. Settled down on the couch beside her work area, the kitchen. (Y/N)'s mother closed her eyes, and to her surprise (Y/N) stopped. She thought it was finally her time to take a break, but alas the silence was only there for a few good 20 seconds.

(Y/N) continued pestering her mother to the point that her mother fell asleep due to exhaustion. (Y/N) took this chance to leave, to watch and enjoy her first ever live circus performance!

[[ Present Time ]]

After successfully escaping, (Y/N) instantly followed the trail of bread crumbs she left. You see, the newly opened circus was a bit far away from her humble abode. With the use of her brain, the smarty pants she is used the power of bread crumbs to lead her back to the circus.

She kept walking and walking, she took turns, she even slipped luckily no one was there to notice.

Every step she took made her heart pound faster, she didn't know why but it made her nervous. The sound of footsteps, let alone her only footsteps can be heard. Nobody was there except her.

Her tracks stopped, she never expected one of her bread crumbs would disappear. She looked all around, to find nothing. (Y/N) was only a child, she didn't know where she was. She's lost.

It was dark and cold, she didn't know what to do. She may me scared and alone, but that didn't stop her from trying to find a place with light. Which in the end, found herself under a lamp post. The lamp post was quite old and rusty, but it was beautiful.

Usually normal people won't think of this but (Y/N) would. She always found simple things like lamp posts pretty. But that's something to talk about for another day.

"What are you doing here?" A voice spoke as an unfamiliar silhouette walked nearer the light that the lamp post (Y/N) was under in.

The mysterious silhouette revealed themself to (Y/N). Refusing herself to face this stranger, her sudden curiousness surprisingly rose.

The warm hands that shields her eyes was then removed, making her face the terrifying... clown?

The clown or what it seem like one, shot (Y/N) an annoyed expression. "As usual, girls would then start screaming and running away with their stupid timid legs!" He whispered to himself, thinking (Y/N) would start running away but guess what?

She didn't.

Instead, (Y/N) stood there with her jaw dropped. The pink clown couldn't help but snicker at the sight of her. As soon as she noticed, she quickly raised her arm to close her mouth. Which was then followed by pink blushes from her cheeks.

As much as she tried to avoid his gazes, she knows well that eventually she'll have to face him directly.

"Look if you don't wanna talk at all, then don't. You can just, I dunno go home or something." Just as the clown was about to leave, he eyed her timid body from head to toe for the last time then sighed.

"W-wait no!"

...

"Huh?"

"I didn't mean to look rude but you see I'm lost and confuse!"

(Y/N) answered back with such desperateness it made the pink clown turn his back and wonder...

who the hell is this girl?

The girl we know as (Y/N) patiently waited for an answer, sadly she didn't got one for the clown was busy with his own thoughts clouding his mind. She couldn't wait any longer she has to ask for help, otherwise she wouldn't make it to the show!

She need answers to find her way to the circus and in order to get what she needs, she has to catch this clown's attention! Without thinking twice, she abruptly grabbed his pink/white striped bunny onesie tightly and shook it as hard as she can to steal back his attention.

This plan of her's worked! His attention flickered back to her.

"Please help me find the circus!" Hearing those words emitted curiosity deep within the clown.

What was it again? (Y/N) repeatedly asked herself. Multiple thoughts started popping in her head, trying to find the answer. At this rate, she might faint from overthinking!

"You mean the Wolf Circus?"

"Yes! Yes! Yes! Now, do you know where it is?"

"You shouldn't look forward to it."

What the clown just said changed everything, literally EVERYTHING. The sky darkened, the weird noises crickets make ended, and the wind stopped blowing its cold breezes. Those words of his aggravated (Y/N), she just couldn't believe someone would say something they don't know about!

"How can you say that without even watching it?!"

"Because I've seen it and I swear you don't wanna see their clowns performing their idiotic tricks."

(Y/N) was not only upset about this situation, she was mad! She can't bear talking with people that bashes those they think are stupid or weak, only fools like him don't deserve things that the circus even have in store for them! She thought to herself, clenching her palms as she tried intimidating him with one of her glares.

She can't tell if it worked, but he did flinch a bit. So that's something, am I right?

"I don't know what's up with people like you, but I'll still be seeing that circus!" She said, "Can't you see? Performers practice day and night to provide us cool tricks to keep us entertained."

(LMAO brace yourselves, coz the lazy doodles will start invading this part of the oneshot!! Oh and also, feel free to use your imagination instead of viewing these doodles.)

(Y/N) found herself staring down at the moldy pavement her feet was connected to. She didn't understand why she even made a fuss about it, instead of getting directions from this jerk she let herself get caught by his words. Maybe it was because of her urge, the urge to defend those who where belittled by bullies.

It's true, she may still be a child but her mind is nothing like an average child's. She's a human too just like him; there really is not much different between the two except the fact that she's more capable of understanding such certainties that she bets the clown wouldn't understand.

"Whatever clown, can you just tell me where the circus is?" (Y/N) impatiently tapped the pavement with the use of her shoes repeatedly as she folded her arms.

"Just a few steps ahead then turn left." The clown smiled; (Y/N) stared back in disgust. To her it seemed like he was laughing at her but how can that be? Was that really the reason for his annoying smile?

(Y/N) rushed away towards the direction of the clown, shoving him slightly which the clown didn't mind. If she only knew how happy the pink clown was after hearing what she has to say about his insults.

[[ Present Time at the Wolf Circus! ]]

At last, (Y/N) arrived at the circus she yearned for ever since she found the posters right outside her home. She was about to step inside the yellow circular tent with red stripes laced all over it,  but stopped to breathe in some fresh air. After all the ruckus she's been to; she's finally here at her destination, the Wolf Circus.

She sat on one of the empty seats that's only a row of seats away from the stage. She was excited but somehow bored at the same time. The show meant to start at 7:30 p.m. and it's already quarter to eight. But she ain't gonna give in to some kind of impatience she has, she'll stay no matter how long it'll take them to start the darn show!

The lights lit out; the loud chattering of adults toned down. Leaving a figure, standing alone in the center of the stage as the spotlight shone above it. The light was so bright, (Y/N) can hardly see through it.

"Ladies and gentlemen,"

Wait a minute, I know that voice!

"Girls and boys,"

Could it be?

"Children of all ages,"

Pink clown?

"Welcome to the very first LIVE performance of the amazing Wolf Circus performers!"

She sat in such surprise, it made her jaws drop. She later on noticed it, when the pink clown snickered at the sight of her once again. She closed her mouth for him to stop; it didn't work, he still smiled.

"I, Popee and my crew will do our best!" He smiled as his eyes remained staring at mine.

"To give you the best of the best performances that would totally impress you!"

She was confuse at first, but as the show progressed she started to get things.

When she met him, he insulted their circus to see how she'll react. Well, she didn't react the way he expected to. Usually people would just walk away or agree, but in her case she didn't. She stayed and defended their circus despite the fact that she doesn't even know about them at all.

This attitude of her's made Popee smile; of course, she doesn't know.

But by the looks of it he sure does wanna thank her for staying by their side.

===[ THE END ]===

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

288K 7.2K 74
•Book 1 of the Strangely Series • ||completed|| It wasn't love at first sight, nor did I consider him as someone to love. Just a friend of a friend...
59.9K 1.3K 15
Have you ever been to a circus nothing like any other? A circus filled with non-stop surprises which you might find weird or random. You haven't? G...
1.1M 86.5K 39
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...
7.3K 131 5
Sal and Fran are on the mental condition that their faces were in a dangerous happens. Once they fight, darkness will gone. This art made by Crayonaa.