A Warrior Of Life (Edited)

By JusticedS_19

What if Thor and Loki had another older sister besides Hela? Introducing Destiny Odinsdottir, the Goddess of... More

Prologue
Chapter 1- Asgard's New King
Chapter 2- The Casket
Chapter 3- Jotunheim
Chapter 4- Banishment
Chapter 5- The Bifrost
Chapter 6- Madness
Chapter 7- Chaos on Earth
Chapter 8- Loki's Escape
Chapter 9- New York
Chapter 10- The Return to Asgard
Chapter 11- Peace
Chapter 12- Aether
Chapter 13- Dark Elves
Chapter 14- Off World
Chapter 15- The Convergence (Part 1)
Chapter 16- The Convergence (Part 2)
Chapter 17- Ultron
Chapter 18- Mind Tricks
Chapter 19- Visions
Chapter 20- Sokovia
Chapter 21- Leaving Once Again
Chapter 22- Flashbacks
Chapter 24- Coming Home
Chapter 25- Doctor Strange
Chapter 26- Goddess of Death
Chapter 27- The Grandmaster
Chapter 28- Tournament
Chapter 29- Hulk
Chapter 30- Quinjet
Chapter 31- Calm
Chapter 32- Revengers
Chapter 33- Commodore
Chapter 34- Escaping Sakaar
Chapter 35- Duel
Chapter 36- Ragnarok
Chapter 37- Tesseract
Chapter 38- Guardians of the Galaxy
Chapter 39- Lightbringer
Chapter 40- Restarting the Forge
Chapter 41- Wakanda
Chapter 42- The Garden
Chapter 43- New Asgard's Queen
Chapter 44- Back in Time
Chapter 45- Making it count
Chapter 46- Final Fight (Part 1)
Chapter 47- Final Fight (Part 2)
Chapter 48- New Paths
A/N
A/N - Destiny's Staffs
Bonus Chapter: Nat's Funeral
Okay What the Heck?!
A/N - Done the Edits

Chapter 23- Surtur

1.4K 23 6
By JusticedS_19

Warnings: None.

2017, Unknown Location.

Destiny's POV:

"Now we know what you're thinking. 'Oh no. Thor and Destiny are in a cage. How did this happen?'. Well, sometimes you need to get captured to get a straight answer out of someone." Thor said as he and I were tied up in chains and locked in a cage.

"It's a long story but basically, we're kind of heroes. See, we spent some time on Earth, fought some robots, saved the planet a couple times. Then, we both went searching the cosmos for some colourful infinity stone things... didn't find any." I explained.

"That's when we came across a path of death and destruction which led us all the way here into this cage... where we met you." Thor finished.

There was a dead silence as we were really just talking to a dead skeleton.

"This is dumb." I muttered.

Thor turned his head to me, then back to the skeleton, then back again to me.

"How much longer do you think we'll be here?" He asked me.

I shrugged, not knowing the answer to that question, when we began to hear noises, like metal gears turning. Suddenly, the bottom of the cage opened up and Thor and I dropped down quickly, before abruptly stopping and dangling above the ground. As our chains spun around, sitting on his throne was Surtur. I had thought that our father had killed him so long ago.

"Thor and Destiny, son and daughter of Odin." The beast stated.

"Surtur... son... of a bitch. You're still alive. I thought our father killed you millions of years ago." I replied.

"I cannot die. Not until I have fulfilled my destiny and lay waste on your home." Surtur said.

"You know, it's funny you should mention that because we've been having these terrible dreams lately. Asgard up in flames, falling to ruins, and you Surtur are at the Center of all of it." Thor commented.

"Then you have seen Ragnarok. The fall of Asgard. The great prophecy..."

"Hang on. Hang on." Thor interrupted.

Thor's chain was spinning around slowly.

"I'll be back around shortly. I really feel like we were connecting there." Thor added.

I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Okay, so, Ragnarok. Tell us about that. Walk us through it." Thor agonized when he came back around.

Surtur, annoyed, went back to explaining.

"My time has come. When my crown is reunited with the Eternal Flame, I shall be restored to my full might. I will tower over the mountains a bury my sword deep in Asgard's..."

"Hold up, just a sec." I interrupted as my chain started spinning around slowly. "I swear, we're not even moving. It's just doing this on its own. We're really sorry."

My chain finally spun back around to face Surtur, who was looking at us very angrily.

"Okay, let me get this straight. You're going to put your crown into the Eternal Flame, and then you'll suddenly grow as big as a house..."

"A mountain!!" Surtur exclaimed.

"The Eternal Flame that Odin keeps locked away on Asgard?" I asked.

Surtur gave us an evil grin.

"Odin is not on Asgard. And both of your absence have left the throne defenceless." He said.

Thor and I glanced at each other, both confused and concerned.

"So... tell us. Where is this crown?" I asked.

"This is my crown, the source of my power." Surtur stated while pointing to the V shaped helmet on his face.

"Oh, that's a crown? I thought it was a big eyebrow." Thor said.

"I thought the same thing." I chimed in.

"It's a crown." Surtur stated angrily.

"Anyway, it sounds like all we have to do to stop Ragnarok is to rip that thing off your head." Thor continued on.

Surtur stood up and approached us, while dragging his large sword on the ground.

"But Ragnarok has already begun. You cannot stop it. I am Asgard's doom, and so are you. All will suffer and all will burn." He went on.

He grabbed Thor's chain.

"That's intense to be honest. Seeing you grow really big and set fire to a planet would be quite the spectacle." I commented.

Surtur let go of Thor's chain and proceeded to grab mine, lifting me to his height level.

"But it looks like we're going to have to go with option B where we both bust out of these chains, knock that tiara off your head and stash it away in Asgard's vault." I finished.

I glanced at Thor and secretly opened my hand out as he did the same.

"You cannot stop Ragnarok. Why fight it?" Surtur questioned.

Thor and I glanced at each other and smiled, before glancing back.

"Because that's what heroes do." We said simultaneously.

Nothing happened.

"Wait, sorry. We didn't time that right." Thor said.

Surtur let go of my chain and once again grabbed Thor's.

"And, now!" My brother exclaimed.

At that moment, both Thor's hammer and my staff came crashing through the wall. We both managed to break free from our chains and Thor grabbed Mjolnir as I picked up my staff and we both stared Surtur down.

"You have made a grave mistake, Odinson and Odinsdottir." The monster stated.

"We make grave mistakes all the time. Everything seems to work out." Thor commented.

"Why do you think we're still alive?" I added.

Around us, the walls seemed to come alive. Fiery monsters emerged everywhere as we heard a loud roar in the shadows. As the army of monsters charged towards us, Thor started hammering away at them while I turned around and blasted the ones behind us. When we finished with the army, I stood next to Thor as we both turned to Surtur, who proceeded to drag his sword on the ground, sending a projectile of fire straight at us. Thor grabbed my wrist and shoved me behind him while spinning his hammer so fast it had become a shield. I moved more to the side and tapped the tip of my staff to the ground, creating several light cracks on the ground. Thor and Surtur engaged in combat for a while as I waited for the right moment to strike. Thor then made his way behind Surtur and struck his knees, knocking the giant down. I then thrusted my staff upwards, spikes of light shooting out of the ground and impaling the fire giant before Thor launched himself into the air and sent a massive lightning bolt crashing down on Surtur. Surtur's body disintegrated until only his crown remained.

"Did you want to carry it?" Thor jokingly asked me.

"No thanks. You can carry it." I answered with a smile.

Thor grabbed some chains and used them to attach the crown to his back. We turned around to leave when another massive army of fiery monsters caught our eye. They quickly began to run towards us as I backed away, closer to Thor.

"Heimdall, I know it's been a while but we could really use a fast exit!" My brother called out to the sky.

This was always the moment when the Bifrost would come shooting down and pick us up, but this time around, nothing happened, and the fire monsters kept approaching. I also looked up at the sky, confused.

"Heimdall?" I called out.

Still nothing. We started becoming overrun by the monsters when we both heard the sound of a chain breaking, and we knew what would be coming. Thor spun Mjolnir and took off, crashing through the ceiling, with me not too far behind. We crashed through to the surface of the fiery planet, a bit disoriented. I noticed Thor's cape was on fire and that Thor was trying to put it out. I stood up and stepped on the cape, extinguishing the fire before helping my brother up and holding my staff to the sky; Thor doing the same with his hammer.

"Heimdall, come on." Thor called out once more.

We still got absolutely nothing. I was beginning to wonder whether or not I should be worried.

"If only I could simply open the Bifrost from here. Then we wouldn't be stuck in this mess." I muttered.

The ground began to shake, and before we knew it, the fire dragon had emerged from the ground and let out an ear piercing roar. But Thor stuffed Mjolnir into the dragon's mouth and dropped it, pining the dragon's jaw down to the ground.

"Stay." He ordered.

"When did you learn to tame a dragon?" I joked.

Thor smiled for a little before we both looked up at the sky and I began trying to call out to Heimdall.

"We're really running out of..."

Before I could finish my sentence, the ground began to crumble, like a bunch of sinkholes.

"Options..." I finished before Thor summoned Mjolnir back to his hand and we both took off, flying just above the ground.

Thor and I continued flying, knowing that the dragon was right behind us. I turned around and fire a few light beams at the dragon, which did not do much damage. After some time, we both turned back to see the dragon with it's mouth wide open, ready to swallow us whole when all of a sudden, the Bifrost opened up, sucking us both in the current of light.

A/N: I felt that this was a good spot to end this chapter I in my opinion it was pretty good. I hope you liked it as well and I'll see you all next chapter. Bye bye!

A/N 03/17/2023: Yay Thor Ragnarok! Also I'm honestly going out and adding swear words where they belong to make the marvel jokes actually funny. Curse 2020 me and her fear of swearing in writing lmao.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 977 40
Thor Odinson has once again restored peace to the nine realms and eliminated the threat of Ragnarok, effectively saving his world. This should be cau...
18.3K 778 25
Thank you so much for #3 in #buckyxreader and #6 in #asgard Please be sure to read the second book in this series! It's a bit shorter but I'm sure yo...
7.3K 85 32
What if Thor had a wife. What if she left him. What happens when he finds her? Will they still be together? What if there was one more? find out in A...
45.1K 1.1K 38
When she walked into the party; Celeste never to expect to meet her soulmate, the one with ocean blue eyes that haunt her dreams. But another haunts...