𝐄𝐲𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦...

By Iyanuoluwa-Temi

Jamal Inioluwa Bamidele has known pain all his life. Diagnosed of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, due to a ch... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Meeting the Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Important Author's Note
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38-Finale.

Chapter 2

1.9K 525 229
By Iyanuoluwa-Temi

Elyon's sneaker in the media 👆🏾

Elyon's POV

After that night, I barely heard anything from the Bamidele's. Early that morning, I had heard voices coming from the room opposite mine but I just decided to believe I was probably dreaming. They came to see my parents later that day and with the way Mum sent Venus and me to our rooms, I knew something was up but I didn't want to eavesdrop because it was none of my business.

I had gotten Skye's number during the dinner so I chatted her up and acted so natural and there was nothing off about the way she chatted with me, so I decided to brush every weird feeling I had. Though I couldn't stop thinking about Jamal. We didn't even talk during the dinner but I saw his eyes on me the most time. I found myself smiling at the thought. I couldn't wait to get to know how he was like.

Resumption day came speedily. I came out of the bathroom clad in my towel before making my way to the dressing table by my bedside. After rubbing my body in lotion and wearing my underwear, I stood up to get my school uniform from the wardrobe.

This has got to be the best uniform in the history of Uniforms because it was way better than that of my former school. The color was a combination of white and grey. The short-sleeve shirt was pure white with the logo of the school by the side pocket but the rest of the uniform was dominantly grey, ranging from the shirt to the blazer and tie.

When I was done dressing up, I picked up my black wedge-heeled sneakers and placed them beside me. I was wearing my white socks when Venus barged into my room, like always. I gave her a stink eye, accessing her dressing.

Venus was in Junior Secondary school three so her uniform was different from mine. She was clad in the same short sleeve shirt but instead of the skirt, it was a grey pinafore, the same material as my skirt. Instead of the blazer, she was given a grey cardigan with white rims. She wore white socks and black sneakers.

"Venus, for the last time, don't barge into my room," I growled at her, putting on my shoe.

"Mummy asked me to tell you to hurry up. We are following the Bamidele's and they are almost done. If you like, sleep there." She hissed and went out of my room.

"Fuck!" I wore my shoe speedily and began to comb my hair before packing it. I did a little makeup, picked my already packed bag, and raced out of the house. I saw my parents still in their nightwear but my mum had already made breakfast.

"Good morning." I bawled, quickly swiping a toasted bread from the plate, sticking it into my mouth, and started to run out. I heard my parents laugh before I finally got out, making my way to Bamidele's house. Venus had already gotten there by the time I was reaching the gate.

Sly oshi. I hissed within myself as I made it inside the compound.

"Elyon." I heard Skye call waving at me and I waved back, my eyes taking in her uniform.

She was dressed like me but she looked way better in hers. Her skirt was a bit shorter than mine and she rocked grey-colored high tops. Her hair was in braids and packed in a high ponytail.

"Hey!" I got to her. I greeted Uncle Joel immediately after and he went back to listening to Venus who was yapping his ears off about God knows what.

"You look nice. See you rocking this uniform more than I am." She said all smiles and I rolled my eyes at her whining.

"Abeg stop whining me. You are rocking this thing better than I am." I nudged her and she chuckled. Since the driver was still warming the car, we decided to engage ourselves, discussing what happened over the weekend. It was then I noticed Jamal wasn't with us and no one was making an effort to call him out or something.

"Hey," I nudged Skye. "Is Jamal not coming with us? I don't see him anywhere." I looked around again before facing Skye.

I was quick to see something flash in her eyes. I also noticed that Uncle Joel had stopped talking to Venus as well. Father and Daughter exchanged glances and I was left in the middle, confused. Venus was basically in other words entirely barely noticing the tension that was rising as she had cajoled Uncle Joel to give her his phone and she was playing games on it.

"Errmm...ermm..." Skye stuttered and I furrowed my brows in confusion.

How will someone not know where her brother is?

"He will join you in school by lunch break. He just had a quick appointment this morning." Uncle Joel came to Skye's aid quickly which had her nodding like an agama lizard. I looked between both of them before I finally nodded. But the curiosity was killing me inside.

Do you know what they say about curiosity and the cat? My mind reminded me so I decided to push the thoughts to the back of my mind.

Thankfully, the awkward air was cleared by the roaring of the care engine, signaling that we were ready to move.

"Okay, let's get going. You don't want to be late on the first day of a new session." Uncle Joel gave a smile and shooed us into the car. Venus got to the front with the driver while Skye and I got to the back. On the way to school, Skye switched from nervous back to her extra cheerful self and I forced myself to believe all was well.

****

Assembly was ongoing by the time Skye and I got to school but we were able to join at the last minute. In less than ten minutes, the principal was done speaking and we were all marching to our classes. Skye led me into the school building, pointing out several buildings. I noticed a few things myself and asked questions.

"They allow you guys to make any kind of hairdo?" I asked, concerning the fact that a girl with deep red ginger-colored braids walked past us moments ago.

"Not any hairdo, exactly. We are allowed to make braids at most. Senior school girls can decide to use any color to braid their hair, so far it's not too loud like green or pink and all those ridiculously bright colors. We are also allowed to mix black and any other color. It should sha be moderate." She said and my mouth formed an oh shape.

"This doesn't apply to Junior school students though. Theirs is a strictly black and deep brown." She quickly added and I nodded in understanding.

I'm going to enjoy this school.

Soon we got to the top floor of what Skye tagged as the senior block storey building. The hallway was filled with students catching up on what they did during the long vacation. Everyone and everywhere looked sophisticated. This was the average Elite school.

"Mateo!" Skye's voice pierced through my mind trip and I jerked my face to her. She was beckoning on to someone. I followed my gaze to where her hand was pointing and my eyes landed on a guy who was jogging towards us.

"Skye, hey!" He said when he got to us and enveloped her in a hug. I watched the exchange with a smile on my face. They looked really cute together. After a moment, they pulled apart.

"Mateo, meet Elyon. She's new here." Skye took my hand and pulled me closer. Mateo turned to face me, peering at me through his gold-rimmed glasses. He slowly swept his tongue across his lips and placed his lower lip between his teeth. The gesture felt so natural yet it made my heart skip.

Shit, that was hot.

"Hi." I breathed out, a smile playing on my lips.

"Hey. Welcome to our boring school." He spread his hands, gesturing to the school a smirk playing on his lips and I chuckled.

"It's not that boring, so far at least," I replied with a shrug.

"Well, it's the first day of school. Spend one week here and you'll start to see what I'm saying." He smirked and I chuckled again, loving his vibe immediately.

"Anyway," Skye Interrupted and we turned to face her. "It's even perfect that you are getting along." She linked her hand to Mateo's and dragged him forward.

"Mateo here is an art student just like you so he will show you the ropes." She looked at Mateo. "I'm leaving her in your care. When it's lunch break, you know where to bring her." She added. Mateo nodded and gave a mock salute.

"Yes ma'am. She's too pretty to get lost anyway." He threw a wink my way and I giggled. Skye slapped his arm playfully.

"Stop flirting. You man whore." She drawled and Mateo raised his hand in mock surrender. Skye bade goodbye and went to her class.

"Shall we?" Mateo gave a mock bow and I smiled

"Sure. Of course." I replied and he began to lead me through the hallway to where our class was probably located

"So what school did you transfer from, Elyon?" He asked trying to engage me in a conversation and I was glad because I didn't know how to start one.

"Emerald High," I replied. His face scrunched up as if he was trying to place the name. "You've probably not heard of it. It's in Abuja" I revealed and his eyes widened a bit in realization.

"So, so you moved in from Abuja. That's rad. I'd pick Abuja over Lagos any day anytime." He pointed out and I laughed. By this time we had already entered the class and he had shown me an empty seat beside him. I settled my bag down and turned to face him. His expression showed he was eager to continue our gist.

"Exactly what I said but my parents used to live here before. Our entire family is here and apparently, this used to be their school too. That's how I got close to Skye. " I said. He leaned forward at that statement, interest written all over his face.

"That explains the whole thing. Forget what I said earlier about this school being boring, though. Limes light is the best of the best, trust me. You'll enjoy it there. There is a lot of drama and believe me, the fact that you are pretty, you already have admirers." He smirked and I smiled.

"What makes you think so?" I asked him. He leaned in and whispered.

"The fact that 90% of the guys present in this class are staring at you right now." I subtly looked behind him and sure enough, almost all the male species in the class had their eye on me. I became flushed immediately.

"Oh my God." I quickly covered my face with both my palm. I heard Mateo laugh before he gently removed my hand from my face.

So much for keeping a low profile.

"Hey, don't be shy. You are pretty, I honestly don't blame them for not being able to take their eyes off you. I can't take my eyes off you either." He not so subtly gave me a once-over, making me more flushed than I already was.

"Are you always this extra corky?" I asked him.

"There is absolutely nothing like being extra corky." He replied with a smile and I giggled, taking a better look at him.

Mateo was tall enough for a guy. He had caramel skin that practically glowed and I was forced to think he was biracial. Apart from his skin color giving that fact away, his hair was the color of a lion's mane with golden flickers around the tip. His hair also fell in curly locks around his forehead. He was handsome, no doubts. His glasses gave him extra points, pulling off the sexy geek look.

Suddenly, a buried thought flashed through my mind and I battled within myself to ask him about it.

Oh, what the heck.

"Mateo," I called and he hummed in response. "How long have you known the Bamidele's?" I asked and he furrowed his eyebrow in confusion.

"We've been tight since kindergarten. Why do you ask?"

"Well, it's about Jamal." Mateo's confusion changed to a frown but I chose to ignore it. "He didn't follow us to school today and I can't help but wonder..." I trailed off and Mateo kept watching me intently. "Doesn't he go to our school or something?" I asked. Mateo opened his mouth to answer but the arrival of the class teacher stopped him.

"You know what? Hold that thought." He gave me a small smile before the teacher finally took over the class and I was asked to introduce myself as the new student.

Again, so much for keeping a low profile.

A/N
Another Surprise people!!

So they canceled my Test and I'm using this as a medium of celebration. Another Chapter of EOTS!!! Yippy!! Happy dance.

I've decided to make the word count as minimal as possible i.e 2000+ word count. I made Chapter one a bit longer because it's the opening chapter. Now to the question(s) of the day.

Where do you think Jamal is?

Do you think the Bamidele's are ashamed of their son?

What's your take on Mateo?

Write your conspiracy theories in the comment box. Don't forget to vote and share.

Till we meet again. ❤️❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

793K 1.8K 1
COMPLETED• Days are starting to feel heavy, and his depression is getting harder to collapse. That's when Taehyung decided to call to the suicide hot...
4.5K 201 5
After Order 66 or The Great Jedi Purge. A survivor of the fallen order descends upon Earth which is under the threat of the Will of Honkai...
29.2K 9.4K 70
"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐞𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫..." 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐥 𝐁𝐫𝐲𝐚𝐧𝐭 He was th...
74.9K 28.4K 53
❥︎𝓑𝓸𝓸𝓴 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓖𝓸𝓵𝓭𝓮𝓷 𝓢𝓮𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼❥︎ To students of Trinity Academy, Kam is the golden boy with an infectious personality and la...