Trade It All

By LexTheAuthor

It's been a year since the day that changed Aaron Turner's life forever, and with the daily reminder looking... More

Chapter 1. Get It Together
Chapter 2. Lonely Child
Chapter 3. Tell Me
Chapter 5. Erase U
Chapter 6. Need Somebody

Chapter 4. Rain On Me

9.9K 511 1.4K
By LexTheAuthor

Moses McKinley

-

I took a sip of alcohol as I watched Dylan pace back and forth in front of me. He had this look of pure fear on his face and was trying to brainstorm ways to bust his brother out of jail.

"You don't seem worried about this. He's your right hand and if he goes down, you go down and then I go down" Dylan whined as I grabbed his wrist and pulled him down on the couch next to me.

"Nobody is going down. Deejay didn't do anything and they can't prove anything - they brought him in for questioning and he's not gonna fold" I said confidently.

"He still doesn't deserve this. We could just tell the police the truth, we know who did it" Dylan said and I began chuckling.

He looked at me in anger as I tried to stop but I couldn't contain my laughter at all.

"Oh no, that's not gonna work. Deejay is gonna keep his mouth shut and we'll handle this when he gets out. You never talk to the police about street shit - it's bad for business" I said and he looked down at his lap.

"I don't want to lose my brother" he muttered and I awkwardly placed my hand on his shoulder.

"He's good, I won't let anything happen to him. We've been in worse situations before but your brothers a solider, yeah? He can handle himself" I said moving my hand to the back of his neck.

Dylan stared into my eyes before he placed his hand on the side of my face and pulled me towards him.

I watched him closely as he kissed my lips slowly at first before the kiss became sloppy and his hand went down to my sweat pants.

"You went from crying about your brother to wanting to fuck me" I said breaking the kiss only for him to lean in again and I turned my head.

"I want you" Dylan said as I met his gaze and chuckled a little bit.

"What you want me for?" I laughed and he tried to push me but I caught his arm and placed it back down at his side.

"I've always liked you" he tried to explain but I shook my head.

"You didn't really know me. You saw the good, not the bad" I said as I stood up.

I didn't feel anything for Dylan and the more we messed around the more I started to feel bad about doing it.

It was like I went into the situation not wanting to hurt his feelings but I knew of it continued he'd get hurt.

"I could love you if you let me" he said standing up as well and I placed my hands on my hips as Gucci entered with a backpack on his shoulder.

"I'm already in love and he's it for me. We can't do this anymore" I said and Dylan looked down before he stormed out passed Gucci who looked confused.

"Oh, he's gonna cry in the car" Gucci said before he took a seat on the couch and placed his feet up on the coffee table.

"Forget that shit. You did what I told you to do?" I asked and he smacked his teeth.

"Yeah, I bailed Deejay out. We could've let his ass sit in there - it was so peaceful and quiet around here" he complained.

"Alright then, let's be out. I need to stop by my brownstone" I said grabbing my car keys.

When Gucci saw me stumble a bit he took the keys from me, probably thinking I'd crash the car and kill us both.

"You gotta lay off the alcohol Moses, you concerning me and I don't be concerned about anybody except my brother" Gucci proclaimed as we left out of one of the traps.

I cracked my neck as we were going down the steps of the apartment and nodded at a few of the workers who hung down at the bottom.

My shit had been running smooth for about 6 months now, I felt like they had got to comfortable.

They didn't know what war was like and because of that, I think I'd arrange a drive by on them or something with paintball guns to show them how easily they'd get caught slipping.

I got into the passenger seat of my car and let the seat back as I sighed and cracked my neck again.

"I need a back massage or something. I feel tense as fuck" I admitted as he started up the car.

"That's what you got hoes for. But forget that, you know Peyton funeral is this weekend?" Gucci asked me.

"Nah, I didn't know. You don't think-" I began before I paused and shook my head.

"Yeah, he'll be there. I talked to him this morning" he said referring to my ex.

"I wanna see him. I haven't seen him since the day he told me to give him the ring back in the hospital and I know I'm not suppose to even be thinking about him. But I do - all of the time" I admitted.

While Gucci drove he fished his phone out of his pocket and unlocked it before tossing it to me.

"Go on my Instagram and type in his @ I think it's RonTheDon or something like that" He said as he scratched his chin.

I glanced at Gucci thinking he was fucking with me but he kept a straight face and kept driving.

When I typed in the @ it came up but his profile pic was just a black circle and I hesitated in clicking it.

"If you not gonna look give me my phone back. Im just trying to help you out nigga, tired of you being depressed and moping around" he said as I clicked on the profile.

My heart started to beat wildly just seeing him living his life. He was low key and doing well and he was still the finest man I'd ever seen in my life.

"He look alright" I said downplaying my feelings hard but I low key was in my feelings. I locked his phone back and tossed it to him before trying to shake off my feelings.

The rest of the car ride was quiet while I wondered if he was seeing somebody. There was a lot of different people on his page and most of the women looked real friendly with him - especially Selena who I had small history with.

When we arrived at my brownstone I was a bit confused to see my brother sitting on my porch with my daughter asleep in his arms.

He looked up as Gucci parked and we got out of the car and approached him.

"What's this?" I questioned carefully taking Sienna from his arms. My baby opened one eye as she stirred and when she noticed it was me she got really relaxed and went back to sleep.

"I can't do this anymore. You got people driving by my house and threatening my wife to try and get at you. If something happens to her in my care you'll just blame me for that too. You take Sienna and you keep her safe - stop running from your responsibility" Michael said as he stood up.

Before I could respond he leaned down and kissed my daughters forehead before walking away with his kind already made up.

I looked by my front door and my daughters bags were sitting there. I glanced at Gucci who was awkwardly looking around like he ain't want to be involved.

"Yo what the fuck" I said looking down at my sleeping daughter. It took a couple minutes to process before I unlocked my front door and walked inside.

Gucci grabbed a couple of her bags as I carried my daughter to her bedroom and laid her down. I took her shoes and jacket off before glancing around the pink Princess themed room.

"Looks like you won't be making that run tonight" Gucci called as I heard my front door close.

I went to the banister and looked down at him as he sat down the last bag.

"What am I suppose to do?" I questioned and he folded his arms and shrugged.

"I ain't got no babies and my lil brother in middle school now so he out my face most of the time" Gucci shrugged.

We both stared at each other like we were waiting for one of us to come up with a good ass idea or something.

"I can't just leave her here. I got to do that drop and we got to move the product, Plus Deejay can't do shit because they probably gonna be watching his ass" I complained.

"I can call Sabrina over here to see if she'll babysit but she not really fucking with me right now" Gucci said scratching the back of his head.

I shook my head and reached into my pocket pulling out my phone and scrolling through my contacts before finding Sabrina's number.

It rung until the end before she answered. She knew she didn't have shit else to do besides sit around and smoke weed, I didn't know why she was trying to act busy.

"What?" She answered with attitude.

"I need you to come by my place and watch my baby for a lil bit. I'll pay you" I said and she sighed heavily.

"I can't right now Moses - some shit is going on and I know for a fact you wouldn't be happy with me if I left" She said as I heard a gun click.

"Where you at? I'll send Gucci to you" I said figuring she had probably been ran up on by some stick up kids or something.

"Spot number 2" She said before hanging up as the first gun shot went off and when I looked down Gucci was already almost out the door.

"She at the second trap, hurry up!" I called as my door shut. I headed down the steps before locking the door behind him and enabling the alarm.

I looked around my spot and that lonely feeling came again. I hadn't voiced it to anyone but the game had gotten boring to me - I was wasting my twenties and not enjoying it like I should have been.

When I saw Aaron's Instagram I saw him out with friends - chilling on the beach and just living. What I was doing wasn't living and I felt like I had dug myself into a hole that I couldn't get out of, because whether I stayed or went I had lost him.

Once I heard Sienna's cries I sighed and headed up the stairs where she had set up in her bed rubbing her eyes.

"Dada come" She said wanting me to lay with her. I stepped out of my shoes and tucked my chain into my shirt before climbing in the small big girl bed she'd gotten for her birthday.

My daughter laid her head on my chest and pulled at my facial hair as she soothed herself and began to fall back asleep.

I rubbed her back and hummed to her thinking of song lyrics in my head.

-

I didn't hear back from Gucci or Sabrina until about 12 am. I sat in my living room with headphone in while I sing into the mic when they showed up at my place knocking on the door.

I stood up and stepped over my dog London who was just useless, she was so damn spoiled and lazy.

When I opened the door Sabrina entered with one of her friends, Gucci and Deejaywho was holding a bottle of Hennessy.

"You know my daughter still sleep. What happened earlier?" I questioned trying to ignore the fact that her friend was eyeing me like I was the last chicken tender.

"Kim is what happened. That bitch sent some of her crew to rob us" Sabrina said as she walked over to my couch and sat down.

"You're not gonna introduce me to your friend?" Sabrinas home girl questioned her and she seemed to remember.

"Oh yeah Moses, this is Tatianna" She said and I nodded at the woman and took in her body.

Gucci pressed play on the song I had been recording and Sabrina snapped her fingers and began to grind into my couch.

"I don't appreciate you rubbing your pussy on my couch. Take that shit to Preston house" I muttered pausing the song.

"Don't be saying my government@ Gucci said as I noticed Deejay drinking straight from the bottle.

"You alright?" I questioned him but he shook it off and headed to the kitchen and I followed him.

I watched him drink more from the bottle before opening the fridge up like there was anything in that bitch.

I needed to grow grocery shopping in the morning since Michael wasn't answering my calls which let me know he was serious when he played doordash with my daughter.

I didn't need him though. I could do right by her, I'd enroll her in daycare so my day was freed up a little to handle business during the week.

"I want them bitches dead. One of them hoes really went to the police and tried to frame me. I think they got them on they payroll" Deejay said and I frowned.

"Word?" I said rubbing my chin. It made since though, they didn't have a murder weapon and there was no way they could attempt to pin that shit on Deejay and make it stick because he wasn't involved.

"So how you wanna play it? You said they got ties to the police so we can't just run out and kill them or that's gonna come back on us" I said.

"Check this out though - you know that nigga out in Cali you was trying to break bread with right? Akim - that's one of Kim's brothers. I made the connection" he said and I raised an eyebrow.

"But Gucci use to fuck around with her, he met with her brother how would he now know em?" I asked and Deejay shrugged.

"Preston! Bring your bitch ass in here!" I yelled and heard Sabrina and her friend start to laugh from the living room.

It took a few moments before he came marching in the kitchen like he was gon do something.

"I told you about using my fucking government name" He said puffing out his chest and I punched him in it.

"Kim got brothers? You ain't know that while you was beating her ass?" I asked him.

"She has two - they aren't close. She was raised by her mom out in Louisiana and I only know the younger one" he said.

"What's his name?" I asked folding my arm and he tilted his head like he was trying to remember.

"Juan - I think. But he not involved with the street shit. I know she has another brother - don't know him" he said.

"Akim that California connect you didn't get me, is her brother. That just made this shit so complicated" I said placing my arms behind my head.

"How the fuck was I suppose to know? They from Louisiana and she ain't grow up with the older one she was raised by her moms and he was with the dad. I don't even think they fuck with each other like that" he said but I brushed him off.

"What else you know about Akim from being out there?" I asked.

"He real cool with the Cali niggas from before, he brought up knowing Calvin Scott so he gotta be cool somewhat. He was trying to talk to Aaron a lil bit too" he said and Deejay did a double take as he swallowed the liquid in his mouth.

"Everybody be on that nigga dick I swear" Deejay muttered as he shook his head.

I stared at Gucci waiting for him to say he was fucking with me but he seemed dead ass.

"How Aaron know him? He left here to escape the bullshit" I said taking the bottle from Deejay and water falling it.

"He. It involved with that shit. It was a one time run in at a hookah lounge. He ain't engage him or none of that" Gucci said.

I swallowed the alcohol and walked around the kitchen trying to think.

When I heard Gucci calling someone I did a double take seeing Aaron's contact on the screen.

"Fuck is you doing?" I questioned pushing him away from me as everyone answered.

"He'd know more about him then me. He work with Darius" Gucci whispered.

"Fuck you want nigga" Aaron laughed into the phone before coughing a bit.

"Just called to see what you was up to Bruh" He replied as he sat his phone down on the counter so we could see the screen but Aaron couldn't see us.

"Yeah right. You don't fuck with me for real" he said blowing smoke out of his nose before passing the blunt to some woman I'd never seen before.

He was sitting in the car with Saint and about 3 women and one of them was rubbing his face while they cracked jokes.

I looked away as Sabrina entered into the kitchen and looked down at the phone.

"He fine as fuck" she muttered sticking her face in the camera and Gucci pushed her.

"I appreciate you" Aaron replied to her as he smiled into the camera.

"That's who turned Moses out" Deejay taunted and Sabrina looked at me.

"Moses, that's Aaron?" Sabrina asked and Ron's smile dropped immediately as he smacked his teeth and pushed the girls hand off his face.

"What the fuck you want Gucci for real" he said getting mad.

"Step out the ride for a minute, it's private" he said and Aaron stared at the screen for awhile before taking a hit front the blunt Saint had passed him.

"No, because I don't wanna hear shit you gotta say to me. I already told you about trying to be the go between me and him" he said with anger.

I snatched the phone from Gucci and Aaron slowly blew smoke out of his mouth as he looked at me with disgust.

"I didn't ask him to call your bitch ass. Don't let Cali boost your head up - you still a bitch in real life don't forget" I snapped.

"I would be offended but you a punk who still crying over me. Eat a dick" Aaron replied and then hung up before I could respond.

I slammed Gucci's phone down on the ground before picking it up and throwing it at the wall as hard as I could.

"I told you not to call him!" I yelled and Deejay got in front of me.

"Alright nigga damn what the fuck my phone did to you?" He asked looking at the cracked and messed up iPhone.

I pushed Deejay away from me and walked out the kitchen and into the living room where Sabrina's friend Tatiana sat alone.

I plopped down on the couch next to her and she nervously smiled while I looked her over.

All I had to do was look into her eyes and she melted as she began asking me a bunch of questions I barely answered.

I just wanted to fuck my anger away, but I figured I'd humor her a bit.

Aaron Turner

-

"The fucking audacity to say I'm a bitch in real life. The nerve!" I yelled before tossing my phone to the side.

Saint tried to take the blunt from my hand but I moved my arm and took another hit while one of the chics he messed with admired the expensive bracelet on my wrist.

"Don't sweat that shit. If Gucci chill with him you gotta expect to run in to him at some point. Unless you cut Gucci off" Saint pointed out.

I blew smoke out of my mouth before passing him the blunt so he'd stop reaching for it.

"I've never seen you mad before" Taylor said leaning over the seat to look at me as she touched my chest and I shifted.

"Why do you keep touching me?" I asked while one of her friends climbed over the seat and fell into my lap.

I turned to look at her and she tried to mimic my expression but it came across as kinda annoying.

We never really chilled with Taylor without Selena unless we wanted to get some good weed.

I watched the woman in my lap bite into a brownie and laugh. Her eyes were blood shot red but she was beautiful - couldn't lie.

She offered me some of her brownie but I declined as I rested my hand respectfully on her waist.

Saint watched us and laughed before he stepped out of the car to take a phone call.

"What's your name?" I questioned the woman while Taylor took Saint's spot and pulled off her Jean jacket.

"Snoh" she said as she finished off the rest of her brownie and giggled innocently.

I laughed awkwardly and tried to shake her off but she held onto me tightly while Taylor attempted to join us by kissing my cheek and rubbing her friends ass.

"Hold up, hold up" I sighed trying to break free and Saint pulled the door open with the phone still to his ear.

"What the hell is going on?" He questioned like he was mad it wasn't him.

"She's trying to fuck me!" I yelled and he began dying of laughter. Taylor and Snoh stopped attacking me with kisses to laugh as well.

While they were distracted I was able to slide out of the car leaving Snoh in the drivers seat.

"It's not funny" I said a bit disgusted Taylor had put her gross injected lips on me.

Snoh - I might've let that slide because she was high key fine as hell and my type. I loved petite women and women that just were really well groomed and girly.

Despite Selena being almost like family - I just wasn't really into her vibe in that way. She was the girl you could play fight with like a sister but I didn't want to kiss on her.

She was beautiful though and I don't think I could ever explain it that way without hurting her feelings. If I were to get a girlfriend, it would be someone I had no history with and someone new - same boyfriend wise.

My phone started ringing from the car and Taylor grabbed it and looked at it before handing it to me.

"It's your brother" she said and I looked at Malik's number before placing the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I questioned starting to calm down from earlier.

"Hey, I haven't been able to get in contact with you. Darius said you been working hard and doing what you need to do - I'm proud of you" He said and I smiled small.

"Thank you, I wanted to talk to you about something though" I said.

"What's that?" He asked as I hesitated bringing up Peyton's funeral. I know that with everything that had happened my brothers ain't want me in New York at all.

"Peyton's funeral is this weekend and I wanted to go to show my respects. It'll only be just a day and I'd try and stay with you or Kaine and then be on the first flight out in the morning" I said.

"Ron shit is still hot over here. People want Moses to pay for what happened to his father in law. I know she was your friend but I don't think it's smart for you to be out here like that right now" he said.

Saint who was eavesdropping asked was everything cool and I shook my head.

"Alright" I mumbled and Malik sighed like this was hard for him too and it wasn't.

"How did the visit with that eye doctor go?" He asked as I sat on the hood of my car and looked up at the night sky.

"My optic nerve is damaged, there's nothing they can do about that. I'm just blind in that eye, anything they do going forward would just be for cosmetic reasons like giving me a fake eye" I said.

I could've gotten a fake eye at any point but I just didn't want one. I know it might've sounded crazy but every time I looked at myself in the mirror it reminded me of how blessed I was.

I was shot in the head and I was lucky to be alive still functioning. People weren't that lucky, when I looked at myself it reminded me of how I needed to continue to make better choices for myself and stay on the right path.

"I'm sorry to hear that. If I could give you my eye I would in a heart beat, you know that" Malik said and I laughed.

"Don't worry about it. I was too cocky anyway God had to humble me right quick - but I'm thankful" I said.

The line got quiet and I could tell he was probably racking his brain trying to come up with something to say.

"When's the next time you're visiting?" I asked changing the subject.

"Soon. The barber shop just been real busy lately, but I got you" He said and I nodded like he could see me.

We talked for a little while longer before ending the phone call. Saint was waiting for me to tell him what was up with the funeral.

"I can't go. Streets still too hot" I said and he smacked his teeth.

"It's been long enough" he muttered. I didn't say anything further, I simply grabbed the small blunt from him and finished it off.

Once I was done I headed into the house and up to my bedroom and just collapsed on my bed.

I had been texting Juan a little bit, nothing too deep and just asking formal questions. I was low key just waiting for my toxic ways to pop up to tell me I wasn't ready to date.

I glanced over at the picture of my nieces and nephews on my nightstand and picked it up.

I even had an old picture of Sienna, Moses' daughter that sat propped up against a plant. It was before she was walking and I had her strapped to my chest.

Even though it wasn't my place anymore I hoped she was doing okay and her father was doing right by her.

Moses ran away from his problems a lot but she was the one thing that he couldn't run from.

I got a text from Selena asking what I was doing and instead of responding I locked my phone back and tossed it to the side.

The weed had mellowed me out and I grabbed a pack of Doritos from the stash in a box I kept under my bed.

I practically ripped the bag opened as I stuck a couple in my mouth and chewed slowly savoring the cheesy taste.

"I knew you was hiding all the snacks in here" Saint said as he entered.

"You eat up everything, what choice do I have?" I questioned and he chuckled.

"We about to go kick it somewhere, wanna go?" Saint asked but I declined.

"I'm good. I wanna work a lil bit on my comic and then go to sleep" I said.

He nodded and held up the peace as he left out shutting the door behind him.

Amaru was off with some dude he was hooking up with so I had the place to myself.

I had never lived on my own but I think after my friends and I decided to eventually separate into our own spots I'd fuck with that a lot.

There was a knock on my bedroom door and I looked up while chewing my Doritos.

"Come in" said and the door opened and Snoh stood in the doorway awkwardly.

"Saint told me to ask you for a ride home. It's totally fine if you don't want to - I can call an Uber" She said awkwardly like she wasn't sitting on my lap half an hour ago.

When she saw my Hunter X Hunter poster on the wall her eyes widened and she walked over to it like she was in a trance.

"You like anime?" I asked and she tried to play it off by shaking her head but I could tell by the way her eyes lit up when she noticed the other posters that was a lie.

"Only a little" she muttered. I cut my TV on and went straight to Hulu.

"You ever seen Black Clover?" I asked and she frowned.

"Yes, the characters are too one dimensional and it's too slow paced. Not to mention the dub is horrible" Snoh said before covering her mouth.

"Ah so you do watch. You don't got to front with me, I love this shit" I said before patting the spot next to me on the bed and she slowly walked over before sitting down.

I admired her brown skin and side profile and she glanced at me and awkwardly smiled before looking at the TV expectantly.

"You gonna stare at me or put on One Punch Man?" She asked and I smiled and handed her the Apple TV remote

"Go ahead, put it on" I said and she took it from me eagerly. She didn't start from episode one though - she went to where she had left off.

-

"Bring me some water" Marco requested as he meditated. I frowned and hopped up from my spot on the floor and went to fetch him a bottle of water.

Marco was a former drug dealer who turned his life around as a traumatic brain injury. I knew him a bit through my brother but after everything had happened to me - Darius introduced us and I'd been hanging out with him a bit.

He was pretty cool and laid back. He always made sure I was okay and I often visited him a couple of times a week.

I opened his fridge and bypassed all the healthy shit before getting a water bottle out of the fridge.

When I returned he still had his eyes closed and I sat the bottle down in front of him.

I wore these frilly ass house shoes that he made everyone wear when they came into his space. I retook my seat in my yoga mat and just watched him.

"What was Kaine like when he first linked with everyone down here?" I asked.

"Annoying. Loud and obnoxious" Marco replied as he opened his eyes and took a sip of the water in the bottle after opening it.

"You think we're similar?" I asked and Marco laughed as he put the top back on his water.

"No. I'm a lot more fond of you, Mo was the only one who could ever really deal with Kaine. He would've been dead with me" he said.

Marco talked very clearly but he often shut his eyes when he spoke because it would take a lot for him to process the words before they came out.

He didn't talk fast, kinda slow but very clear and because of that he always said the right shit.

"How you deal with not being the same anymore physically? Like sometimes it's always a shock when I look in the mirror" I said.

"I was lucky in the sense that when I was shot my hair grew back over the area so it's not as in your face as your eye. But personality wise I wouldn't say I'm the same anymore - I'm very introverted" He said before taking another sip of water.

I kinda feel the same, I was only introverted though and a little shy until I got older, but I could feel the shyness coming back a little.

I looked down at the cross on my chain and sighed before glancing at Marco who was watching me.

"What's bothering you Ron?" He asked and I pulled my legs up to my chest and shrugged.

"Nothing really, I been thinking about going back to school but I don't want to be overwhelmed again. I just don't know" I said and he nodded.

"You could start slow by taking 1 or 2 classes. You don't gotta rush it all" Marco said and I nodded but deep down inside I was unsure if I wanted to go back.

Like yeah it's be dope to say I finished and I was a college graduate but at the same time - I really didn't think college was for me. I just felt like I was a free spirit and really just couldn't see myself doing it.

"You don't wanna go back to school. That's what the problem is - you wanna be a quitter and I'm not gonna enable you to quit. You too damn smart not to go out and make something of yourself" he said and I smirked and stood up.

"If you gonna preach to me, maybe I shoulda took my ass to work today" I said and he laughed.

"Damn right I'm gonna preach. You smart Aaron - wether you realize that or not and you got too much potential to waste that shit" he continued and I nodded.

"Yeah, yeah old man I'll go back to school" I said and he looked at me crazy.

"It's weird as hell to hear somebody call me that when I use to call my OG's that. They all gone and now I took they place" he said shake his head.

While he finished meditating I walked throughout his house and looked at all the pictures that hung on the wall and saw him and his friends when they were around my age.

They all had a group photo and I noticed my sister in laws parents posing on a car. The little baby her mother was holding let me know it was her when she was a few months old.

Made me wonder what they were like at my age, the seemed like they had it all together but they probably didn't either.

Marco's doorbell rung and after letting him know I got it, I checked the window before opening the door.

An older man I was familiar with stood in front of me and sized me up a bit.

"Hey Zaire" I said and it was trippy as fuck because I'd just seen him in the picture with Ajani's parents and Marco when he was young.

"What's up?" He questioned and I shrugged as he stepped into the house.

"Marco's in the living room meditating" I informed him and he smacked his teeth.

"That nigga needs to go outside and touch some grass or something. Always sitting in there meditating" he complained.

"Can I ask you a question?" I said as I followed him into the kitchen.

"You can ask me another question, since you just asked me some shit" he said and I frowned.

"What do the streets say about Moses? What you know about him now?" I asked.

Zaire opened the fridge and begin whistling while he thought. I didn't expect him to really know anything but I was just curious.

"He's about what he says he's about. Stays off in the cut, has good dope - lacking in some areas. But smart nonetheless" Zaire said as he opened a thing of apples.

"Anybody want him dead?" I questioned and Zaire shrugged.

"Probably. The life span in that drug business is short - either you get too old, die or go to prison. Ohaji was the exception" He said before biting into an apple slice.

I glanced down going into deep though and he chuckled a bit causing me to look up at him.

"He doesn't want to be saved. Only way he'll be saved is if he walks away on his own - the drugs and the fast money is addictive. You wanna do that shit forever until one day in your head it clicks that you can't" Zaire said as he took the apples and walked away.

"I don't want to save him. Fuck him" I said but Zaire didn't reply as he turned the corner and headed to where Marco was.

I couldn't believe that at one point in time I was willing to settle for that shit.

I sat over at Marco's place for a little while longer before dipping out. Only so much Sade I could listen too before I had to get the fuck from over there.

Selena had wanted me to go and scoop her so I picked her up and forced her to drive my car while I took the passenger seat.

She was real quiet like she was scared to say anything to me.

I really wasn't even still thinking about that night and I wished she wasn't either. I was just trying to vibe and chill but I could tell she'd push the issue.

"I don't like you, I consider you like my brother. I don't know what I was thinking" she said as she laughed nervously.

"Okay" I replied as I looked over at her and she nodded like it was believable.

We got In n out and went to this park by her fathers house and sat on top of my car. I ate a couple of fries while she bit into her burger trying to pretend like she didn't eat like a pig.

"I wish I would've gotten to know you when you were younger" she said as I stared at the lake.

"You didn't miss much. I was very insecure and soft, you woulda thought I was dumb for putting up with what I put up with" I said.

I went to eat another fry but tossed it back into the bag and balled it up not really having an apatite.

"I didn't mean that, I just meant we could've bonded over out mommy issues" she said as we both laughed.

"See your mom was toxic but she had nothing on my mother. I'd take yours over mine any day" I admitted.

"You sure? My mom started a whole other family and didn't plan to tell me about it. She just stopped visiting one day" Selena said.

She paused for a moment and I almost thought she'd cry for a moment but she shrugged and bit into her burger.

"I'd still take that over mine. Your dad may have flaws but he protected and shielded you from a lot, my father couldn't protect me the way he might've wanted" I said as I laughed a little and looked down.

"I'm sorry" She whispered and I raised an eyebrow and shrugged my shoulders.

"It's all good, I believe things happen for a reason and I won't dwell on it. We both had trash mothers just different levels of garbage" I said and she nodded.

I watched Selena nibble on a fry as she stared down at the ground. She reminded me a lot of my younger self - dying to be accepted and to be loved on a deep level.

I didn't truly think she liked me the way she thought she did. I just gave her positive attention and she was craving that.

She didn't really know me, she knew Ron and not Aaron. Only a few people could say they knew Aaron.

Authors note

-

Comment and vote!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 5.3K 33
After George accidentally outs himself in front of the popular and homophobic guys of the school everything seems fine at first. However, that soon c...
7.1K 425 18
When you've never been given anything but a hard ride, it can be hard to see why living is worth it. But sometimes it takes something special to wak...
MEDIUM By Jay.

Paranormal

157K 9.5K 40
Adrian knew he was weird, well weirder, he had abilities and powers no one had, he could see things no normal person could, so instead of running fro...
6.2K 332 39
Mikey Duncan. Sleep all day, party all night. Never growing old, never wanting to die. Mikey with an all knowing family. Mikey wants to be a Duncan...