𝐝𝐮𝐬𝐤 𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐚𝐰𝐧 Ⅱ...

By mysteriousms-f

❛ Fine I'll wait until dawn. For you. ❜ ⚬ A collection of sokeefe one-sh... More

𝐩𝐬𝐚
𝐢- 𝐣𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐲, 𝐣𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐲
𝐢𝐢- 𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 (1)
𝐢𝐢𝐢- 𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 (2)
𝐢𝐯- 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐬
𝐯- 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐬
𝐯𝐢- 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝
𝐩𝐬𝐚
𝐯𝐢𝐢- 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐫
𝐢𝐱- 𝐩𝐫𝗼𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐱- 𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬
𝐱𝐢𝐢- 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬
𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢- 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐞
𝐱𝐢𝐯- 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐬
𝐱𝐯- 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐱𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝
𝐱𝐯𝐢- 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫
𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢- 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫
𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢- 𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥
𝐱𝐢𝐱- 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬
𝐱𝐱- 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫
𝐱𝐱𝐢- 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐚 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐱𝐢- 𝐬𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

3.9K 64 150
By mysteriousms-f

  Sophie sat on her cushiony, velvet chair, at her vanity as Edaline, Biana, and Vertina all squabbled.

Biana had taken it upon herself to work on Sophie's makeup while Edaline fussed with her hair. Vertina, being left in the corner attempted several times, to pitch in and criticize every time she felt something was being done wrong.

Sophie had to suppress a loud sigh.

"I don't understand why you all are making a huge deal out of this."

Biana momentarily stopped dusting a rosy pink blush to the apples of Sophie's cheeks, the fluffy brush hanging mid-air.

"Sophie, this is your Winnowing Gala we're talking about! For Elf's sake, you need to appear positively radiant. Not that you don't usually, but after I'm done you'll have these gentlemen swooning."

"I know you all keep reminding me, but, I don't know, shouldn't I just present myself as me? That's the whole point, right? Someone shouldn't want to be with me because they had the wrong idea of who I actually I'm."

Biana passed Sophie a translucent looking elixir, motioning for her to down it all.

"It's not that you're going to parade around tonight as if you're a completely different girl, you simply just want to be looking your best for all the suiters is all Biana is trying to say" Edaline smiled and gave her daughters shoulder a reassuring squeeze.

"Precisely."

Sophie wasn't sure exactly how much time had gone by, but it certainly seemed like an eternity until finally, her best friend and mother stepped back and let her look straight at the mirror in front of her. The reflection of the girl staring back at her was striking.

Sophie had to admit, the two had done a wonderful job. She brought a hand up to delicately thread her fingers through her hair that had been curled to perfection, cascading down her shoulders. Her golden locks, not a strand out of place, shining as the light hit it. Her skin was dewy and actually glowing from the elixir she drank earlier. Biana had given her a light blush, making her face seem slightly flushed, but in a good way. Her lips were coated with a shimmering, tinted gloss, eyelashes elongated with mascara and then topped off with black eyeliner.

Then there was the dress. It was something else entirely. The thin straps held up the fabric as it clung to her curves and then flowed out once it reached her waist. The v-shaped neckline scooped down a bit farther than she would have preferred, definitely showing some cleavage. The burgundy-colored dress glittered with every step taken and had different layers of tule and then the satin material itself, adding more elegance to its design.

She loved it.

"Look at us! We killed it, Sophie's gonna be turning heads the instant she walks into the room."

Biana crossed her arms, nodding her head, clearly satisfied with the finished product.

Vertina, seemly annoyed from being left out of the makeover, made Sophie stand in front of her and twirl. She obliged, spun twice on her toes, letting the smooth fabric of the dress fan out as she twirled.

Sophie turned to face her self proclaimed makeup and hair team.

"You guys, I- I don't know what to say, I love it."

Edaline pulled her in for a quick embrace.

"We know, now get out there and show them how a real gala is done."

Grady had met Sophie outside of her room, tearing up at the sight of her and telling her how proud he was. The two then slowly descended the stairs, arms linked. Sophie requested them to take their time so she wouldn't fall on her face in front of everyone due to her 3-inch heels.

As she reached the first floor, carefully taking the final step before reaching the ground, Sophie scanned the room.

It was certainly crowded, light music playing in the background as waiters leisurely made their way around, some bubbling peach-colored liquid being held in wine glasses. It wasn't until she focused on the guests themselves until she realized that all eyes were on her, there was even a dim spotlight being shown overhead.

Grady fought down a grin and cleared his throat.

"Welcome everyone, I'm so glad you could all attend Sophie Fosters Winnowing gala! You're welcome to come and converse or even squeeze in a dance if you're lucky. She doesn't bite, but I do. So keep that in mind as you're with my daughter.

Grady winked, eliciting a nervous chuckle from the audience, some genuinely laughing that had Sophie's cheeks flame in embarrassment.

At that, the lights returned to its normal glow across the room, giving her the cue to do- well she wasn't exactly sure what.

Fortunately, she was saved from figuring it out as a certain strawberry blonde-haired elf walked over.

"What are you doing here?"

Dex didn't seem to take offense, instead, grinning as he mock curtsied.

"Well, I'm here to win over the lovely Sophie Fosters heart of course. Alas, who will she pick! I'm sure that I'm only one of many vying for her attention."

For a second Dex stood there, then couldn't take it any longer and cracked up.

"Oh for the love of eternalia Miss F! You should've seen your face. I'm kidding, I thought that you could start off easy, have a friend calm your nerves a bit."

Sophie exhaled taking her best friend's hand and heading to the dance floor.

"Good, I thought you lost it for a second"
she giggled as they danced to the surprisingly upbeat music.

"So if your not here for me, who are you here for? Who's the special someone?"

Dexs eyes widened like saucers the easy grin completely wiped off his face.

"I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm here to help out a good friend of mine, while all the guys in a mile radius throw themselves at you. Your welcome, by the way, I saw a lot of them eyeing you a little too closely."

Sophie felt the blood rush to her face and tips of her ears.

"Dex."

"Ok fine, fine, I may have overheard that Biana was coming over to help you get ready and well, maybe I- uh, wanted to... see her afterward."

He had whispered the last part so lightly that she almost didn't catch it.

"YOU AND BI?"

"Shut up. Maybe. I don't know."

Sophie wiggled her eyebrows and was ready to tease him further when Dex spoke up.

"Alright you got your chance to embarrass me, now I got to ask, is there a certain someone you're hoping to see tonight?"

The question was pointed, as if Dex knew exactly what or better, who the answer was.

"No not really I think this would be good to help me figure everything out. As much as I despise this and it isn't really my scene, it'll be good for me.

"Liar."

Sophie glared at the boy in front of her. Though it definitely didn't have the same effect considering she looked like an angry chipmunk, and despite having three extra inches added, that only brought her to 5'3, and Dex was at least 5'10.

"Admit it lady Fosboss, you're hoping to find a blonde empath somewhere in this room."

She was about to urge but was interrupted by a tap on the shoulder.

At Dex's grimace, Sophie swiveled around to find Fitz Vacker in all his glory. He gave Sophie his famous movie star, blinding (gosh how were his teeth so white?) smile.

"May I have this dance?"

"Sure."

Sophie took his hand in hers as he led her away from her best friend.

Of course, at that moment they had decided to finally play a slower song. She turned to find Grady giving her a thumbs up and standing next to where the music was controlled.

Oh, my mallowmelt.

Fitz placed his hands on her hips, pulling her much to close for comfort. Not wanting to be rude, Sophie let her hands rest around his neck as they swayed to the soft melodic sound.

"So have you crossed some people off your list?"

She had let her mind wander, completely forgetting she was in the middle of the dance floor.

"Oh um, what?"

Fitz seemed slightly annoyed that she clearly hadn't been paying any attention.

"I said, have you crossed some people off your list? Maybe even know who you want to pick?

Sophie fidgeted with her hair, twirling it between her fingers.

"Well, I..I guess you could say a have someone in mind."

Fitz's grin was growing by the second.

He pressed up against her, connecting their lips.

Sophie pulled back, sufficiently detangling herself from his grasp.

"I'm sorry I didn't think that you, I just meant that-"

"No its fine Sophie, I get it."

His words were like knives, piercing her heart. Did it make her an awful person because even though she had rejected him, it still hurt her?

Fitz looked like a kicked puppy.

She didn't mean for it to come out like that, it was simply unexpected when He suddenly kissed her. Ok and maybe she didn't exactly want him to kiss her.

Deflated, Sophie headed over to the snack table in the back corner. She leaned against the wall, clamping her eyes shut as she pressed her bare back to the cold wall. She took a deep breath and looked around the room.

It was official, her gala was a total bust.

She perked up instantly as she saw a
head of blonde hair making its way through the crowd to her.

"Keefe, there you are! Where have you been?"

"Wait is that boy here?"

Oh. It was Grady.

"Um hi, dad."

Grady ran a hand down his face.

"Sophie what are you doing over here. Don't tell me you're sitting on the sidelines of your own party."

"Well I'm tried, I did a lot of dancing."

"You danced with two boys, one of them leaving halfway through."

She buried her face between her hands, regretting letting Biana add blush.

"Dadd."

Apparently, tonight was all about interrupting Sophie, because she was once again whisked away to the dance floor as a level 7 boy she didn't really know had asked to dance. He had literally appeared out of nowhere.

Two horrific hours filled with way too much ballroom dancing later, this disaster, to Sophie's relief, finally came to an end. She was sure her feet blisters had blisters.

Her, Grady, and Edaline had positioned themselves by the door, waving goodbye and thanking everyone for coming.

Sophie plastered a rather forced smile as she bid goodnight, to several boys she didn't know.

Just as she thought it couldn't get worse than that, Fitz walked by.

"Goodnight Soph" he could only seem to stare at the polished floor as he shuffled out, leaving Sophie in shock from the nickname. Fitz had never really been one for nicknames.

She sighed, rubbing her temples as she turned to head upstairs after watching the last of her guests glitter away into the night.

Sophie had to admit she was disappointed. She remembered telling her parents to add Keefe to the guest list and even made his card personally.

Sophie ignored the worried glances her parents shot her way as she trudged up the stairs leaving with a quick

"Good night. Love you guys."

Closing the door behind her and heading to lay on her bed, Sophie felt crestfallen. She tried to ignore the sinking feeling she got when she kept replaying all of tonight's events in her mind.

Before she had time to blink or let out a strangled scream, a rough hand covered her mouth muffling her protests as the other arm wrapped around her torso.

Sophie felt hot panic flood her senses, desperately attempting to get a glimpse of who it was.

She only stopped resisting when she felt lips brush her ear and a soft whisper that followed,

"Nice dress Foster."

The hands immediately let their grip on her go as she spun around and came face to face with a smirking Keefe.

"What was that for! I was absolutely terrified Keefe, I thought you were the Neverseen or something!" exclaimed a wide-eyed Sophie.

"1) I know, empath. 2) I was trying to avoid you screaming and drawing attention to us, but that clearly failed."

"That's not funny Keefe, that's just lame."

"I didn't say it was funny, and you know what's lame? Being like the only guy in our school to not be invited to this thing."

He gestured to her and then her house, it was meant to come out as a joke but the hurt was evident in his voice.

Sophie scrunched her nose as she caught what Keefe had said.

"What are you talking about, we mailed you your invitation."

Keefe stepped forward, close enough so the tips of his shoes came in contact with hers.

The dim lighting of the moon coming from her large window gave her a clearer view of him as he got closer. Why was he so attractive?

"Well, something obviously went wrong, because I never got it."

She let out a tiny gasp, realizing one small detail she overlooked. Sophie had let Grady mail out all the invites. Her father, who hated Keefe's guts and wouldn't even call him by his real name.

"Oh."

The empath tilted his head slightly to the side, confusion clear on his face.

"I um, I let Grady give everyone the scrolls"
Sophie clarified.

She looked up to see a grin etched across Keefe features, amusement shining in his eyes.

"Hm, well since I was promptly kicked off the guest list, there's a simple solution to that Foster. Dance with me."

"The gala is over though and there's no music."

Keefe gingerly placed one arm around Sophie's waist, holding out the other for her to take. He began to lead her in an easy four-step dance. He'd dip and spin her every now and then to mix it up. After a while Sophie relaxed, letting her body move at is own accord as she rested her head against Keefe's chest.

"Who said we need music."

She could feel his warm breath on her rosy cheeks, giving her a 1,2,3,4 count to help direct her steps.

He curtly bowed, then took Sophie's hand in his, making eye contact with her as he tenderly kissed it.

It left an eruption of butterflies in her stomach, her emotions going haywire.

He leaned in close, making her breathing hitch, as he reached up to tuck a strand of hair behind Sophie's ear.

"Keefe?"

"Yeah?"

It came out as a hoarse whisper, even taking Sophie by surprise as it escaped her lips.

"Kiss me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 32 20
This is a story of Sokeefe. Enjoy!
18.5K 225 13
This is comprised of just a bunch of funny and heartwarming stories about our favorite gang. I will be writing a more serious KOTLC story soon! No sm...
24.3K 392 40
━𝐈𝐍 𝐀 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃 𝐖𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃 ▌༉‧₊˚ ꒰ ☕ ❞ 𝖂𝙷𝙴𝚁𝙴. . . beth writes about sophie and fitz being in love with way too many action scenes ˚...
297K 3K 94
"Keefe. Even if I hadn't been unmatchable, even if Fitz and I had been on each other's match lists, I need you to know that eventually, it still woul...