Learning to Love. (Uchiha Sas...

By Darkening-Skies

Kaira Uchiha is the heartless person who she is. But what will happen when she meets another Uchiha in the fo... More

Chapter 1. Kaira and Sasuke.*
Introduction.*
Chapter 2. The Meeting.*
Chapter 3. Paths Cross.*
Chapter 4. Library.*
Chapter 5. Questions.*
Chapter 6. Answers.*
Chapter 7. Worthy.*
Chapter 8. Hesitation.*
Chapter 9. Confusion.
Chapter 10. Secrets.
Chapter 11. Captured.
Chapter 12. Bounty Hunters.
Chapter 13. Identified.
Chapter 14..
Chapter 16..
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21. Emotions.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23. Feelings.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25. Sadness.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27. Poison.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30. A Second Chance.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33. Fears.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36. Black Cross.
Chapter 37. Solicitude
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40. Together.
Chapter 41. Nostalgia
Chapter 42. Decision.
Chapter 43. Victim.
Chapter 44. Careless.
Chapter 45. Siblings.
Chapter 46. To Protect.
Chapter 47. Shock.
Chapter 48. Confession.
Chapter 49. Optimism
Chapter 50. Support.
Chapter 51. Readability.
Chapter 52. Precious.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54. Denial.
Chapter 55. War.
Chapter 56. Loss.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58. Battlefield.
Chapter 59. Hope.
Chapter 60. Pathetic.
Chapter 61. Ice.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63. A Home.
Chapter 64. Reunion.
Epilogue.
Sequel Information

Chapter 15. Truth?

8K 285 19
By Darkening-Skies

Pic of Miyu at the side --->

Kaira's POV.

"Kaira, have you seen Shisui and Rai?"

I looked over my shoulder and saw Asuki looking at me. Her eyes were red and puffy, so it was obviously she had cried just a minute ago. Had this something to do with Itachi? He had been acting a bit strange before he left this morning..

"No, but I think they at the training grounds, I saw them walking about an hour ago, but I'm not sure if they are still there.." I mumbled thoughtfully. "But what's up with you? Why have you been crying?" I asked suspicously.

Asuki's eyes widened and she rubbed her eyes, removing the remains of her tears, but her eyes and cheeks were still red.. "N-Nothing's wrong." She stammered.

My eyes narrowed, and I stepped closer to her. "Did something happen?" If she wouldn't just tell me, I had to use a bit intimidation..

Asuki slowly walked backwards. "N-No! I was just looking for Shisui and Rai!'' She wasn't at bad at lying as mom, but it was still obvious..

''Asuki..'' I really needed answers now. If this did had something to do with Itachi, I had to know. She was stuttering, and her hands were trembling. There really was something going on.

''Kaira, t-trust me, there's n-nothi-'' "Liar." I cut her off. "You can better start telling me things, Asuki.."

"Kaira! I already told you, noth-" "Does this has something to do with Itachi?" I harshly interrupted her, geting straight to the point.

Asuki froze, and I clenched my jaw. I could see it in her eyes. "Asuki.. Where is he?" I asked lowly. Asuki bit her lip and shook her head. "I won't tell you.." she whispered. "Itachi wanted it to be this way.."

I grunted and and walked past her, heading for my room. I heard Asuki call after me, but I ignored her, and turned to the right, walking into an other hallway. So I was right; this did had something to do with Itachi.., but what? Itachi was acting strange. Sure, we had hugged before, but never because he would leave for a while. He leaved often for missions which would take some time. And the look in his eyes.. I knew something was wrong, and I was right, but what was going on? Itachi left, Asuki was crying. And what did she meant with 'Itachi wanted it to be this way'?

I opened the door to my room, and slammed it closed behind me. Opening my closet, I took out some clothes and my pouch. I couldn't possibly go outside in the clothes I was wearing now, they weren't meant to fight in if needed. When I turned to my desk, wanting to open my drawer for some kunais and shuriken, I saw a ring lying on it, with a rolled up paper in it. My eyes narrowed and I slowly walked at it. I picked up the ring, and immediately recognized it.

It was Itachi's ring..

I quickly pulled the paper out of the ring and placed the ring back on the table. I unrolled the paper, and saw a message written on it. I swallowed thickly, recognizing the handwriting of the owner of the ring and began to read.

Kaira,

if you read this, it's probably already too late for me, but I'm glad. I know you already found out a lot about me when talking to my little brother. I won't explain everything in this letter, it will take to much time, and that is something I lack. If you want to know the truth, you should ask Asuki about it. If you show her this letter, she will tell you everything you want to know.

Anyway, I won't come back, and you will never see me again. I'll die today, by Sasuke's hand, just like I planned after massacring our clan. I'm sorry to have to tell this to you through a letter, but I couldn't tell this to you in person. I need to be punished for my crimes, and Sasuke is the only one suitable for punishing me. He will take his revenge, and he will hopefully return to Konoha after. This is the best way, and I would have died anyway due my terminal sickness..

I've always looked at you like my own daughter, well, I sometimes took care of you when you were just a kid, and I trained you pretty often, so it's only natural for me to look at you this way. That's why I'm gifting you my ring. Now you don't have to share one with Izuna anymore. But to be honest, I don't want you to use it for the Akatsuki, I want you to cherish it. Madara will never know I gave it to you, so keep it safe, and make sure no one finds it, so it can't be used for extractions anymore. I know this might sound a bit confusing, but Asuki will tell you about it, making it all more clear. If you follow my beliefs or not, you should know yourself..

I'm running out of time, and I have to go now. I hope you will think all of this through, but don't tell anybody about this and the letter. Madara seemed to know my secret all along, but he will never know as much as you will know, so please, keep my secrets safe..

Itachi.

My eyes widened and I gritted my teeth. Why would he let himself get killed? Just to let Sasuke get his revenge? And what is this 'truth' about?

Maybe, maybe it wasn't too late..

I quickly changed into different clothes and grabbed my pouch and katana. When I left my room, I saw Asuki leaning against the wall. ''Kaira..''

''I'm going.'' I spoke coldly as I walked past her. ''Kaira wait!'' She called after me again.

I ignored her as I began to run. My shoulder was still hurting a bit, but I ignored the pain and sped up when I saw the entrance of the base, but gasped when a hand grabbed my arm forcefully, pulling me back. A pain shot through my shoulder and I gritted my teeth in pain. ''Wasn't Madara clear enough?'' his low voice asked.

I grunted and glared at the masked man ''Let go, I can sti-'' ''No, you can't.'' he interrupted me harshly.

''Bu-'' ''It's already too late.''

My eyes widened. ''I-Is he..''

''Itachi is dead.''

Madara's POV.

After taking Itachi's corpse, and treated Sasuke's wounds, telling him the truth about Itachi not much later, I arrived back at the base, together with Sasuke and his team. I would make him the new member of the Akatsuki. We already lost 6 members, and I knew more members had to be sacrificed to achieve my goal, I only had to make sure it wasn't someone precious to me. Sasuke would be a great asset to the organization. I could make perfectly use of him. Since Sasuke is now completely consumed by darkness and hatred, he will never do what Itachi wanted him to do. The fool didn't even realize I knew almost everything about him, but he was smart. Passing down the Amaterasu to Sasuke, so he would use it on me the moment he saw my Sharingan, and kill me.. It was a good plan, but not good enough. Itachi failed and I'm still alive.. If Itachi knew only a thing about me, I would maybe be dead right now. But now I can lay my hands on Konoha again. Some years ago, I approached Itachi just when he was preparing himself to murder his clan, and we made a deal; he would assist me while wiping out the Uchiha, so I could get my revenge for their betrayal all those years ago, but then I would spare the village.

Just when I entered the hideout, I saw Obito and Kaira, but narrowed my eyes when I saw Obito holding Kaira's arm. I stopped, and Sasuke, Suigetsu, Karin and Jugo stopped behind me as well. ''Obito, what are you doing?'' I asked lowly. They both turned their heads to look at me, and Kaira yanked her arm free. ''Nothing.'' Kaira sneered, replying for Obito.  She glanced at Sasuke for a mere second, before turning around and walking away. Grunting, I turned back to Obito. ''What was going on?'

Obito sighed. ''Kaira knew more than we thought. She somehow knew about Itachi and Sasuke's battle, but she found out too late..''

Kaira knew? How? Only Obito and I knew about his plan, and Asuki as well, did she told Kaira? ''Obito, find Asuki and send her to my office, I need to have a talk with her....'' I spoke. ''And Sasuke, follow me..''

Kaira's POV.

I clenched my fists and went to the training grounds, hoping Izuna would be there. I couldn't believe Itachi was really dead.. I've  known him for my whole life. He was family, a friend, my sensei.. and know he isn't here anymore. And when I saw Sasuke.. I was supposed to be angry, I was supposed to hate him for killing Itachi, but I couldn't.. Itachi wanted it to be this way, he chose to die by his hand, so I shouldn't blame Sasuke for Itachi's choice.

''Kaira, you okay?''

I looked to the right, and saw Izuna sitting on the ground, leaning against the wall with a cigarette in his hands. His weapons lay next to him, as well as a pack cigarettes and a lighter. I sighed and walked at him, sitting down next to him. Izuna frowned at me. ''Well?''

I looked away from him and took the cigarette out of his hand, and put it on my lips, and inhaled the smoke. I have smoked once before, only one time, so I knew how to do it. I didn't like it, so I never did it again, but now I really needed one, just one to ease the pain.

If I didn't count my parents and siblings, Itachi was the closest person to me, as well as Obito. If I didn't train with dad and Izuna, I always trained with him. He taught me since I was a kid and Suki and Izuna as well. Many members had died, but I didn't mourn over their deaths, but Itachi was more than just a comrade to me..

After I blew out the smoky air, I handed the cigarette back to Izuna, who frowned at me as he put it back in his mouth. ''What's wrong sis?''

''Itachi is dead.'' I replied emotionless, feeling depressed.

Izuna froze and stared at the ground. ''He is? How did he die?'' he asked softly.

''He was killed.'' I mumbled as I looked up at the ceiling. ''By his younger brother..''

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

350K 8.7K 35
Shiaye (Shy-a) was born a year after Sasuke. At her birth she was still born and to this day she still doesn't know it. Thankfully the demon that was...
81.2K 3.6K 18
Tysm to Handtheirend for their amazing art in the bookcover!!! <3 Uchiha Itachi had done it, He had killed every single one of his clansmen, Leavi...
38.4K 1.2K 24
Hinata's life takes a devastating turn when her family is brutally murdered by Sasuke Uchiha, the coldest member of the Akatsuki. Left grappling with...
101K 3.6K 30
Sequel to Forbidden (ItaSaku) - Book 1 Her heart was wrecked and her world was crushed by the only man that she ever truly loved. She remained an emp...