Wisteria Eyed

By Walker_19049

[OC-insert] She was not a part of their world; nor did she want to be, if she had to be honest. But now she... More

Formalities first
Playlist
Please read
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
New teachers?
13
14
15
16
17
That strict ass!
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
I don't like this
31
32
33
34
35
36
Maybe
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
Popularity of valentines
46
47
48
Undeniable Attraction*
49
50
51
52
Smiles and Glances
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63

19

5.8K 272 181
By Walker_19049

I took in a deep breath as I moved away from the fallen boy, taking a moment to assemble back my thoughts.

This was what I was trying to avoid for past thirteen years, and yet now that I was here, I just couldn't—
I just couldn't leave.

And why the hell was he not moving? Is he...?

I hesitantly crouched beside him, cautiously checking his breathing when he suddenly just sniffed loudly. I withdrew my hand instantly, almost falling back on my ass.

What the hell just happened?
Did I just got... sniffed by Tanjiro?

That thought honestly made me snort; of all the possible ways I ever imagined of meeting Tanjiro, this was sure as hell never one of them.

I shook my head at my ridiculous thoughts and looked back at the evening sky— what the hell was I supposed to do now? He was alive, sure, but not exactly conscious.

I looked around one last time before sighing and deciding to move the boy away from the middle of the road. I gradually (and gently, of course), dragged the younger male towards the side and delicately removed his satchel and stick away from him.

After settling him somewhat comfortably on his back, I gently moved his bangs away from his face. The blood covered bandage on his forehead was loose— showing his 'scar' off to the world, his face was covered with dirt and his whole hair was greasy and filthy. But these things still couldn't hide the fact how young he looked.

How old was he? Fourteen? Fifteen?

My heart sank at that thought.
I silently closed my eyes and took a deep breath, trying to erase the sudden heart ache I felt for this boy.

'What should I do now?' I silently wondered as started doing what I did the best— redressing his wound on his forehead. After cleaning and disinfecting it, I gently wrapped some fresh bandage around his forehead.

'His face looks so serene and peaceful...' I smiled sadly at the young boy in front me, my heart clenching at the thought of the many hardships to come. He already has suffered so much, but he had even more to go through...

'He's not just a character anymore...' This sudden realization left me breathless, making tears form in my eyes. 'He's not just a character, Miyasha... he's a person, a real human. He will suffer so much, lose so many more people'

I harshly clamped down on the thought, rubbing away the tears forming at the corner of my eyes. I can't care for him. I can't save him.

'Can I really not?'
No.

If I did, I'll just end up messing it all up— quite possible making it even worse. Not to mention I do not know how it all ends—

Tanjiro suddenly started moving, his eyelids slowly blinking open as he looked up at me from his head on my lap.

"You okay there, dear?" I smiled down at him, hoping that he didn't notice the strange quiver in my voice, "You were lying in the middle of road, so I brought you on the side and re-applied the bandage on your head. I really hope you don't mind..."

He slowly blinked his dark red eyes at me, looking as if he was still trying to process my words. His clouded eyes almost looked like a redder shade of brown, and his face was still round around the corners, making him look quite younger than I thought he would look as.

"I..." He started tiredly, his voice almost breaking at the next few words, "Need to go home... to Nezuko."

My heart cracked at that; this young boy was breaking away all the walls I had built around for the last seventeen years of my life in a span of mere few minutes.

"Do you want me to help you walk?" I asked soothingly as I caressed his head gently. He reminded me so much of my little sister...

"N-No," he stuttered slightly, trying to slowly get up, "I... I can go on my own. Thank you so much, Miss...?"

I smiled up at him as I watched him trying to get up on his feet, but failing to do so. "Let me help you, young boy. You seem a little too tired to march around unattended. Not to mention this bag you are carrying," I gestured towards his white satchel tugged near me, "Is quite heavy. And the Sun is almost down the horizon too..."

He slowly looked up at the sky, the beautiful coral colours greeting his sight as he evaluated my offer.

"Please." I politely stressed as I got up on my own feet and looked down at him once more. He slowly nodded at me, accepting my offer, albeit reluctantly.

I offered him a hand, noticing how calloused his own hands were as he grabbed my own. I pulled him up as gently as I could, placing his arm over my shoulders and wrapping my arm around his waist.

I think I saw him blush slightly, but I wasn't sure if it was real or just the play of the fading sunlight. Anyway—

"Where is your home, young man?" I asked softly as I helped him walk forward, towards the mountain in front of us.

The thing was, I vaguely knew where Urokodaki lived, but I wasn't sure of the exact location— more like, I didn't allowed myself to be sure of it. I was curious enough to just roam around this area every once in a few months to catch a glimpse of the characters— unfortunately, I got my wish granted, against my better judgement.

Tanjiro nodded slightly, and softly instructed me the way as I helped him walk. With his stick on his right hand and his left arm on my shoulder, we got to the mountain base pretty quickly. The burgundy-haired boy didn't speak much, so didn't I, as we slowly neared Urokodaki's home.

'Will my presence change anything...?' I wondered silently as the small house came into view, 'I don't even remember what happens now'

Suddenly the front door of the house was kicked down, making me and Tanjiro freeze in surprise. Tanjiro's eyes widened as he saw his younger sister walk out the front door. He gasped audibly, almost falling over from my grip as he tried to run his way down towards his sister.

"Nezuko!" He yelled happily, "You... You're awake?!"

Nezuko instantly walked towards his brother once she noticed him, cradling his head tightly as she hugged him. I removed his arm from my shoulder, moving away as he hugged his sister tightly and sobbed into her shoulders.

"Why..." he whimpered loudly, "Why'd you fall asleep all of a sudden? Never waking up once! I was worried you were going to die, you know?!"

Tears welled up in my eyes again, making me almost choke back a sob. These siblings... These poor children.

My breath hitched as I felt another aura— the familiar, smooth, but gentle wave of water. I turned to see Urokodaki slowly walking towards the pair of siblings.

I instantly bowed to him, feeling his eyes through the smooth red goblin mask of his, as I handed over Tanjiro's satchel in his hand and bowed again silently before leaving without another word.

I felt like I was intruding in their private moment and I really, really wanted to leave as soon as I could. I instantly jogged my way back, still feeling a pair of eyes burning into my back.

What was this?
Why did I got involved when I fucking promised that I wouldn't—

'It won't affect the plot much'
Would it not really? Was this really okay?
Thousands and thousands of questions with no definite answer.

But one thing was sure.
I... felt good. Better than I did in years. And I really didn't wanted to know why.

Because I feared that if I did, I won't be able to let go of them.

(~<>~)

"It's strange how you can enter a building without anyone noticing you." A rough, masculine voice echoed through the roof, making an involuntary smile creep on my face.

"Who said I walked in from the front gate?" I asked back cheekily as I swung my feet leisurely.

"So, you are telling me," the man in his middle thirties sat near me, though not as on the edge as I was, "That you climbed this six-storey building?"

"I jumped, to be more accurate." I corrected him offhandedly, my eyes still fixed on bright lights of the city of Asakusa, Tokyo.

"Unbelievable..." he huffed exasperated, shaking his head as I started giggling at his expression.

"Is it really so~?"

"No," he answered good-naturedly, "With you, never. I have seen you kill demons twice your size, when you didn't even reached my shoulders. So I really shouldn't be surprised."

"Yamagata-san~!" I whined, "Do you always have to bring my height in~?"

"Well, I can't bring your age now, can I?" He huffed out a laugh when he noticed me pouting.

"I'll turn eighteen in a few months!" I reminded him, "I'm almost an adult now, so stop guilt tripping yourself about it."

"You're not old enough for all this, kid." He said quietly, making me smile wryly at him and reply, "Is anyone ever?"

"Anyway," I switched the topic instantly, not ready to dive into the age-old debate between us, "Any news on him?"

"Officially? No." He scowled as he took out a bundle of papers, "That demon bastard has no track records, no criminal records, no nothing."

I nodded at his statement, slowly reading through the bundle he handed me, "How can he, when he leaves no witnesses in."

"It's fuc—" he stumbled upon his words, instantly cutting back his swearing because of my presence, "It's very frustrating to see him walk around freely!"

"I agree," I folded back the bundle, "But we can't touch him lawfully, not to mention that it won't help much either. But it still would have been a bit advantageous if we could limit his transportation for a while. Anyway, how about his family?"

"His family is with him in the city for the last few days." Yamagata-san informed, "Though, are you sure they are not demons?"

"I'm sure." I answered back as I stuffed the bundle of papers into my almost worn-out satchel, "He will not risk breeding with a demon and creating something more powerful than him in fear of it overthrowing him off of his reign."

"That's sick..."

"True. But necessary. He also needs to keep up his image and cover down any strangeness about him, so having a human family is his best bet for that."

"Why is his... offspring not a demon? I mean, if she really is his."

"Hm," I tilted my head, "I don't know? I do think she's his daughter, but I'm just... not sure why she isn't a demon. Though, she can easily be a half-demon and we may not be aware of it."

Yamagata-san looked positively shaken, "Should we detain her-"

"No." I instantly rejected his idea, "Do that and he will just go back into hiding. Not to mention, that it is just a theory of mine, so there's nothing yet to worry about."

"None of your theories have been wrong, yet."

"And I'm not waiting to find out what that 'yet' could result in, either." I answered him back, not correcting his notion about it. All the so-called 'theories' I had discussed with the police by this point, were all based on my more-or-less accurate knowledge of the manga.

"Regardless of that, is there any unofficial news on him?" I redirected the conversation back to the topic concerned.

"Not much, just that his 'meeting' may keep him here for a while." Unless something else happens, went unsaid.

"And the rest of his colleagues?"

"Keeping an eye on them, just as you asked to."

"Extend that to his family too, please. Also, please look forward to some new cases within the next few weeks, or if not days."

Yamagata-san's brown eyes sharpened, "Is he going to hunt again?"

"Most likely." I answered vaguely, "I'm a bit worried about his family at this point. They are the most in danger, out of all the others."

"You mean—"

"Yes." I confirmed his thoughts, "They can very well be his next victims. Please keep an eye on them as much as you can— relocate them if possible. I'll keep you updated on Muzan's whereabouts till then. And confirm his daughter's status too, if you want me to."

"Please do and, Miyasha?"

"Hm?" I turned to look back at the older man, "You need something?"

"Be safe."
My heart clenched at the sincerity in his voice. This man was too good to have his children lost to the demons.

"I will, good sire. Please, so do you." I smiled at the sincere police officer as he left the roof. Sometimes, being an observer seemed much worse than being involved, and maybe that was why I couldn't just accept staying as a bystander.

'But then again,' I thought wistfully as I secured my satchel around me, 'I do not have enough confidence to actually take responsibilities of the lives around me.' With that thought, I jumped off the edge of the building— making my way down through swinging on flags and banners decorated on the buildings.

As I landed down on the ground, I quickly jogged into some crowded street to get the prying eyes off of me. I did not wanted any more of unwanted attention than I already got.

After a while of walking, I moved into a bit less crowded street to straighten up my kimono. Jumping around in a kimono was very uncomfortable, if I were to be honest. The only reason I could even do so was because I was too used to it and I pulled my kimono slightly over my feet so that I didn't stumble over it.

Without a moment's notice, I felt a piercing headache with a familiar congested feeling— which could indicate only one thing.

Muzan is finally on the streets.

I slowly took several deep breaths, letting my body get used to his overwhelmingly dark aura. Even if I had 'met' him several times over the years, his aura still made me shiver every time— and not in a good way.

The sudden spike in another familiar aura got my stomach dropping— Tanjiro. His gentle and warm windy aura had suddenly changed into such a... such a whirlpool.

'Maybe it's not him...?'
The sudden intensifying of Muzan's aura came crashing down on me, as if disagreeing with me on my previous thought.

'Oh my God.'
It was almost suffocating with the intensity of auras around me but, for the life of me, I could not help but worry about that gentle boy with calloused hands.

'He's not just a character anymore...'

My heart thundered in fear as I sprinted my way through the streets— drawing myself closer and closer to the pit of those heavy auras, against my better judgement. A shiver went down my spine as I noticed them there: in the middle of the road, their back towards me.

I decided to slowly pass by them— I had no role in this situation. This was not the time I could interfere; maybe I could somehow help in avoiding the commotio—

A sudden sting in the back of my neck jolted me out of my thoughts; intense heat pulsed through my whole body, originating from that single spot on the back of my neck that throbbed with its own mind-numbing, severe pain.

A scream tore away from me, grabbing the attention of everyone around but for now, I couldn't care less. A searing pain had gripped my whole body— it was as if I was melting from the inside. All of my limbs were shaking badly and my head was feeling heavier and heavier by every second.

Every breath had become a war and I felt like I was losing against it— I felt a... a sudden heavy weight on my back making it even more... difficult to breathe...

(~×~)

Tanjiro wasted no time to jump and restrain the woman who Muzan attacked. She could turn into a demon in no time and attack people aro—

His eyes widened as he noticed her writhing; her breath shortening and body shivering in what one could easily identify as intense pain.

'Why didn't she,' he slowly alleviated some pressure from the fainting woman's body, 'Turn into a demon yet?'

His eyes widened when he noticed her lack of movement, instantly checking her breathing. 'She's alive...' He slowly moved down from her back, 'Just a second ago, this woman was just walking done this street!'

'Where'd he go?' Tanjiro looked back at the retreating figure of Muzan, glaring at him.

'Dammit.' He cursed as he noticed the woman suddenly start shivering again, 'Is she transforming? Dammit! I can't leave this woman here!' He gripped her hand tightly.

"Kibutsuji Muzan!" He screamed, knowing that his voice will carry to that monster, "I'm not letting you get away! No matter where you go!"

Tanjiro's eyes widened as he heard his wife call him by a different name, "No matter where you go, you're not getting away!" He yelled loudly, without caring about the audience he was gathering. "I'll follow you to the ends of Hell, and I swear I'll slice off your head with my blade! I'll never forgive you no matter what!"

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Is it a drunk?"

"Kid, step away from that poor lady!"
Police had arrived to the scene, trying to drag Tanjiro off of the now violently shivering woman.

"I can't!" Tanjiro refused to cooperate with them, "bring some restrains, please! Please!"

"Shut up and step away! She needs medical attention!"

"Please don't do that! This person needs help! She can attack people any moment now if she is not restra—" a sudden smell invaded his nose, making him feel slightly dizzy.

'What's this scent?' Tanjiro thought as he slowly lessened his grip on the woman under him.

"What are all these patterns—?!" One policeman yelled

"What's going on? I can't see anything!" Another person commented, making Tanjiro look around for the source of the smell.

'Is this some kind of attack? If it is, that means trouble!' He suddenly felt the scent growing stronger, making him look to the side to see a woman in dark purple kimono walking towards him.

"You still use," she softly said, "The term 'person' to refer to someone who may very well be a transformed demon? And you're trying to help her?" Her eyes widened slightly as she noticed the face of the woman under him, "Please allow me to lend you a hand."

"But why? You..." Tanjiro asked in disbelief, "Your scent tells me-"

"That's right. I am a demon, but also a doctor. And she needs help," The female demon declared with a strange urgency in her voice, "Before she dies. Please, let me help her, for I too, wish to annihilate that man, Kibutsuji."

(~×~)

Muzan looked down at his right hand— his nails had melted off of his fingers and the tips of his fingers had turned strangely red.

He glared at his hand as he decided to look into this matter once he bids his family a goodbye.

For now, he only wanted the head of the Demon Slayer who wore hanafuda-like earrings. And maybe, of that strange woman too— what are the odds of her being the slayer with the dokuchi type of blood?

(~×~)

My body felt sluggish as I gradually came back to reality— I could feel my consciousness gradually returning back to me as the far away sounds slowly became more and more clear.

"—the lady?"

"—be just—"

As I slowly gained consciousness, I started feeling things around me as well— the auras of the people near me and the immense pain in every inch of my body.

"—she may feel the effects for a few more days." Said a familiar female voice.

'...Tamayo.' My brain concluded as I could feel her serene, thick aura. Her aura always felt like a cool puddle of darkness; strangely calming as well as very immersive.

"Isn't treating human wounds unbearable for you?" A much younger, gentler voice followed.

'Tanjiro.'

"You think demons treat humans while choking back their own drool at the smell of blood?" I could almost hear Yushiro growl at Tanjiro, like always.

I inwardly smiled as I slowly started to grasp my body's control back. The pain I had previously felt was still present, but much, much lesser than before.

'What could've caused that'
I groaned loudly as I tried to move my hand and felt excruciatingly sharp pain in almost every joint in my said hand.

"Don't move too much, Miyasha." Tamayo's serene voice stopped me from moving, "Kibutsuji's blood is still not out of your system..."

"W-What?" Muzan's blood? In my body? How—!?

"He..." Tanjiro started, "He attacked you when you were passing us by."

I slowly opened my eyes, flinching when I felt a piercing pain in my head.

Why the hell was I attacked?!
Wasn't some other man attacked in the manga— how did that change to me?!

"How are you feeling?" Tamayo gently asked as she offered me some water to drink.

"Painful." I answered simply, trying to get up but flinching instantly as I felt this intense pain in almost all of the joints in my body, "All the joints in my body feel a very sharp pain whenever I move and my blood... it seems as if someone had set it on fire."

"I understand," she nodded as she slowly handed me a glass of water and helped me hold it as I drank some from it, "I used the wisteria injection in your satchel. I hope you don't—"

"Of course not." I instantly answered, "God knows I needed that. My body still feels so stiff and painful as if the Reaper just assaulted me, who knows what would've happened if you didn't treated me on time, Tamayo-nee."

The gentle demon smiled, taking the glass of water away from me, "The effects of the demon blood in your system may take some time to leave your body, so you might experience the pain you are feeling now, for a few more days."

"Dammit." I cursed loudly, "My luck is the worst of all."

Maybe I just shouldn't have gone there like a fucking hypocrite I was. Now I understand why the hell people said 'curiosity killed the cat', because it honestly did get me almost killed too.

"Was it really your bad luck," Yushiro started, making me slowly turn towards his scowling face beside Tanjiro's confused one, "Or did you knew about it before?"

Ah, always the suspicious one, our little loverboy.

"You have no idea how bad my luck can be." I answered coolly, too used to answering back to his suspicions, "Sometimes she even surprises me with how vengeful she can get."

"I'm glad no one was harmed." Tamayo intervened, smiling at me as she moved to remove her white doctor's apron (or whatever it was called...).

"I'm glad too," I agreed with her, "But the pain I feel is almost not worth it." She smiled at my whining while folding her apron and keeping it back into her cupboard.

"How..." Tanjiro stumbled upon his words, looking at me with genuine confusion in his eyes, "How didn't you change into a demon?"

I took a deep breath, closing my eyes as I answered him, "Because my blood won't allow it." I opened my eyes and looked directly into his dark red irises.

"Maybe," Tamayo gently started, looking at me from the corner of her eyes, "We can talk about it the other room?"

My heart skipped a beat at that— and not in a romantic way. This is why I hated being involved and explaining myself.

And the worst thing is, that I desperately need to do this now, or else Tanjiro will be extremely suspicious of me, not to mention my fellow doctor and his lover boy too.

Why in the name of Heaven and Earth did I even come to this city...

_________________________________________

Ookay! Here's the next chapter~
Damn, I've been on fire lately 😂

I mean, why wouldn't I be? We are finally into the plot!! And this means we'll meet others soon~

I just really, really can't wait to write up the next chapter too- especially since the next one is going to be from our dear Tanjiro's point of view! (That I'm dreading to write too 👀)

It'll be my first canon character point of view writing, so please wish me luck! Also, because of that, it may take me a tad bit more time to write and upload it- so please have some patience with me!

Stay safe and stay healthy, folks!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 3.2K 22
It was unfortunate when Tanjiro twisted his ankle but Nezuko was all too willing to take the charcoal to town in his place. She returns home to a blo...
731K 17.9K 24
♧ (Y/N) is a nice gentle demon, but can be quite sensitive at times. (Y/N) became a demon by almost being killed from Muzan Kibitsuji when he was kil...
333K 11.6K 147
A Pillar who's even calmer than any of them, with a smile always on this Pillar's face. . . . 'A priceless smile' the other Pillars thought. . . . . ...
6.1K 351 27
You're part of the universe of Demon Slayer, playing the role of the Thunder Pillar. Will you be able to change the story? Maybe avoid some deaths? O...